Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bracket Hardware from Lee Valley

In article ,
says...

krw wrote:
You need government to
infringe on other's rights, just to make your life worth living? Sad.
*Really* sad!

I'm not really thinking so much about me. I'm think what it will be like
for people a generation or two down the road. We need to plant more
trees, literally and spiritually.

You know that "literally" there are more trees in the US today than
there were in 1900?

And by spiritually, I don't
necessarily mean religion--I mean we need to quit teaching kids to shoot
other people with guns.

We need to quit teaching them to rape other people with dicks and hit
other people with fists and knife other people with knives too.

Whenever I hear "gun violence" my immediate reaction is "Oh, I suppose
then that you think that all other kinds of violence are perfectly
acceptable".

We've been giving this message since the dawn of movies you know, with
the "cops and robbers" and "cowboys and Indians" and
superhero and villain" tropes--in all cases the message is "kill or maim
the bad guy".

Watch the news. That said, I think more guns
among law-abiding people would be better than fewer guns.