Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Bracket Hardware from Lee Valley

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 09:08:59 -0500, Bill
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 22:22:04 -0500, Bill
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 21:54:23 -0500, Bill
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 21:37:36 -0500, Bill

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 10:40:36 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I think most of us have had enough Fes-Spam.
It was an inside joke, Not a Festool promotion.
Some of us noticed and got a chuckle from it.
Those "some of us" have also known for sometime that B*** doesn't have
the faculty to get a chuckle from that type of comment.
If you don't already feel like something of an advertising "victim",
then I guess you can't relate.
I guess not. Your choice, though.

No doubt our individual tolerance levels
are different. New in the recent (local?) news is that, this year, the
"Indianapolis 500" will be the "Indianapolis 500, sponsored by
Pennzoil". Chuckle over that.

B***
Would you rather it be the "Pennzoil 500 from Indianapolis" or perhaps
the "Donald Trump 500"? ;-)
Evidently, not everyone regards his mind as his own. For 100 years, the
"Indianapolis 500" was good enough. The accumulation of
"marketing-bombardment" adds up. One can fairly ask, "Which drop of
water caused the glass to overfill?". All I can say is that I am
running fairly "close to full" these days. Funny this phenomenon seems
to peak about every 4 years, in harmony with the political process... YMMV

Bill, it's your choice to be offended. Really!
I guess that rules out professional sports...

Really? Why? I don't choose to be offended by professional sports.
They can do whatever they want and pay whatever they want (it's not my
money).

Why are you so preoccupied with money?

Why are you so preoccupied with advertising? You brought money up,
several times, in fact. Advertising == money. Festool == money.

I would not have let the
Superbowl happen last year. It would be nice if the NFL had ideals like
the PGA. You make a mistake on your scorecard and you lose period. It
would have set a nice example for the kids.

What *are* you going on about now? Deflate-gate? What a non-story!

I ignore what I don't like and if it gets so overwhelming
that it's no longer worth the whole package, I don't watch.
Professional basketball got to that point decades back (and it has
nothing to do with ads).

I can't be bothered
by advertising. There are so many other things to devote my waking
time to (and so little of it). OK, the number of ads on TV does get
to me but they make this wonderful gizmo called the fast-forward
button. ;-)