Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Mobile Base

I finished a mobile base for the work-stand which has my drill press and grinder on it. It ain't the prettiest thing in the world but it's functional. However, I'm not sure I saved much in making it ($49), over having bought one. Anyone have any better ideas? That is a pretty dumb question there is always a better or other idea.

If anyone is interested & using Google Sketch-Up here is the link to my drawing, which was more a Sketch-up learning exercise than anything else. http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...ec9e2d352a40cf

Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 9/16/07 11:40 AM, "asmurff" wrote:

I finished a mobile base for the work-stand which has my drill press and
grinder on it. It ain't the prettiest thing in the world but it's functional.
However, I'm not sure I saved much in making it ($49), over having bought one.
Anyone have any better ideas? That is a pretty dumb question there is always a
better or other idea.

I don't see any mechanism for raising the wheels or otherwise putting the
tool on fixed contact points. Are you using wheels that lock both in
rotation and swivel? If so, does that give you enough stability?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

asmurff wrote:

| I finished a mobile base for the work-stand which has my drill
| press and grinder on it. It ain't the prettiest thing in the world
| but it's functional. However, I'm not sure I saved much in making
| it ($49), over having bought one. Anyone have any better ideas?
| That is a pretty dumb question there is always a better or other
| idea.

Looks pretty good.

If it ain't broke, why're you lookin' to fix it?

I like how the perforated angle provides plenty of options for
attaching blocks to prevent "creep", dust collection hose brackets,
etc.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The wheels don't raise, the two fixed wheels give it enough stability for
the task I use the drill-press and grinder, I wouldn't want to put it under
my table saw though.

--
"Robert Haar" wrote in message
On 9/16/07 11:40 AM, "asmurff" wrote:

I finished a mobile base for the work-stand which has my drill press and
grinder on it. It ain't the prettiest thing in the world but it's
functional.
However, I'm not sure I saved much in making it ($49), over having bought
one.
Anyone have any better ideas? That is a pretty dumb question there is
always a
better or other idea.

I don't see any mechanism for raising the wheels or otherwise putting the
tool on fixed contact points. Are you using wheels that lock both in
rotation and swivel? If so, does that give you enough stability?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Looking to improve it for use on tools that have more lateral force applied
to them, and for other ideas.

--
"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
asmurff wrote:

| I finished a mobile base for the work-stand which has my drill
| press and grinder on it. It ain't the prettiest thing in the world
| but it's functional. However, I'm not sure I saved much in making
| it ($49), over having bought one. Anyone have any better ideas?
| That is a pretty dumb question there is always a better or other
| idea.

Looks pretty good.

If it ain't broke, why're you lookin' to fix it?

I like how the perforated angle provides plenty of options for
attaching blocks to prevent "creep", dust collection hose brackets,
etc.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I have tried a couple of these. Its hard to save a lot of money if you use good wheels. The cost of the wheels, including the locking wheels will eat your budget every time.

RonB
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article , "RonB" wrote:

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C7F898.B22D9E40

I have tried a couple of these. Its hard to save a lot of money if you =
use good wheels. The cost of the wheels, including the locking wheels =
will eat your budget every time.

RonB
------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C7F898.B22D9E40

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"
META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16525" name=3DGENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2I have tried a couple of these.  =
Its hard to=20
save a lot of money if you use good wheels.  The cost of the =
wheels,=20
including the locking wheels will eat your budget every =
time./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2/FONT /DIV
DIVFONT face=3DArial size=3D2RonB/FONT/DIV/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C7F898.B22D9E40--

Please turn OFF the HTML in your news client.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:40:20 GMT, (Doug Miller) wrote:

Whatzup, Doug, maybe a setting you're using?
I didn't see any HTML in Ron's post...

In article , "RonB" wrote:

[...]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Yeah,
But the cost of cheap, non-locking wheels, starts with that one of a
kind piece of stock, and escalates all the way up to eyes and limbs. So

Tigger

RonB wrote:
I have tried a couple of these. Its hard to save a lot of money if you
use good wheels. The cost of the wheels, including the locking wheels
will eat your budget every time.

RonB

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hear you. I adapted a pair of grocery store shopping cart wheels to my old
Craftsman table saw years ago. Innovative solution but a pain in the a** to
move. My cabinet saw weighs 2-3 times more and is a cinch to roll around.

RonB wrote:
I have tried a couple of these. Its hard to save a lot of money if you
use good wheels. The cost of the wheels, including the locking wheels
will eat your budget every time.
RonB

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Steve,

I just downloaded Thunderbird.

I did, ViewMessage Source and saw nothing.

Forte Agent did work, but at $30 or so, is it worth it?

This is the first, I think, I've not see picture.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

"Steve Turner" wrote in message et...
mac davis wrote:
It's there, just like Doug said, but your Forte Agent must be
interpreting and rendering it, as does my Thunderbird newsreader (I can
see it if I do a "View-Message Source"). However, not all newsreaders
are capable of rendering HTML (that's really a browser's job, after
all). RonB is using Outlook Express and no doubt Microsoft has chosen
to turn on the "compose messages in HTML format" option by default
(because it's cool, don't-cha know) and few people ever bother turning
it off. HTML has its place, but I agree with Doug; this place ain't one
of 'em.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I'm a bit confused, and I think you might be as well. We're not talking
about the ability to view a picture in your newsreader, but the fact
that RonB's post (which was a simple one-sentence text reply) was
"marked up" with a bunch of HTML "tags" (which look sorta like
HTMLHEADstuff/HEAD/HTML; Doug Miller's reply to RonB's post
shows you exactly what it looks like). Those tags were serving no real
purpose except to control the font style used to view the message; not
really necessary in a simple discussion forum such as this.

You would need to go back to RonB's post in order for the "View-Message
Source" feature to show you exactly what it is we're talking about.

Does that help?

mac davis wrote:
It's there, just like Doug said, but your Forte Agent must be
interpreting and rendering it, as does my Thunderbird newsreader (I
can see it if I do a "View-Message Source"). However, not all
newsreaders are capable of rendering HTML (that's really a browser's
job, after all). RonB is using Outlook Express and no doubt Microsoft
has chosen to turn on the "compose messages in HTML format" option by
default (because it's cool, don't-cha know) and few people ever bother
turning it off. HTML has its place, but I agree with Doug; this place
ain't one of 'em.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Steve Turner wrote:
RonB's post (which was a simple one-sentence text reply)

Sorry, I misspelled "two-sentence". Doh! :-)

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Steve,

I am sorry, I thought you were referring to another message, '- P1000294.jpg (1/1) Laminated plywood workbench base'.

That message has text character instead of a picture. Besides the picture is not an attachment.

I did use Forte Agent, free demo, and it did show the picture.

Sorry for any confession. My fault.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

mobile base RayV Woodworking 0 May 11th 07 01:05 PM
QX - TS Mobile Base Tom Banes Woodworking 3 April 22nd 05 03:31 PM
Powermatic 54A Mobile Base ? Jim Bailey Woodworking 5 March 9th 05 06:27 PM
Save a few $ on HTC mobile base Keith Carlson Woodworking 6 November 14th 04 11:40 PM
Delta mobile base? NoNameAtAll Woodworking 20 January 13th 04 03:01 AM