Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Mobile Base

I'm a bit confused, and I think you might be as well. We're not talking
about the ability to view a picture in your newsreader, but the fact
that RonB's post (which was a simple one-sentence text reply) was
"marked up" with a bunch of HTML "tags" (which look sorta like
HTMLHEADstuff/HEAD/HTML; Doug Miller's reply to RonB's post
shows you exactly what it looks like). Those tags were serving no real
purpose except to control the font style used to view the message; not
really necessary in a simple discussion forum such as this.

You would need to go back to RonB's post in order for the "View-Message
Source" feature to show you exactly what it is we're talking about.

Does that help?

W. Kirk Crawford wrote:
Steve,

I just downloaded Thunderbird.

I did, ViewMessage Source and saw nothing.

Forte Agent did work, but at $30 or so, is it worth it?

This is the first, I think, I've not see picture.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
et...
mac davis wrote:
It's there, just like Doug said, but your Forte Agent must be
interpreting and rendering it, as does my Thunderbird newsreader (I
can see it if I do a "View-Message Source"). However, not all
newsreaders are capable of rendering HTML (that's really a browser's
job, after all). RonB is using Outlook Express and no doubt Microsoft
has chosen to turn on the "compose messages in HTML format" option by
default (because it's cool, don't-cha know) and few people ever bother
turning it off. HTML has its place, but I agree with Doug; this place
ain't one of 'em.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.