Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Robert Haar Robert Haar is offline

Default Mobile Base

On 9/16/07 11:40 AM, "asmurff" wrote:

I finished a mobile base for the work-stand which has my drill press and
grinder on it. It ain't the prettiest thing in the world but it's functional.
However, I'm not sure I saved much in making it ($49), over having bought one.
Anyone have any better ideas? That is a pretty dumb question there is always a
better or other idea.

I don't see any mechanism for raising the wheels or otherwise putting the
tool on fixed contact points. Are you using wheels that lock both in
rotation and swivel? If so, does that give you enough stability?