Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Pore Ole Dave. He still hasnt twigged that in the years of Labour
government since WWII almost none of the problems Labour was voted into
power to solve, have been solved.

Farage said he would try to get a referendum to get us out of the EU, he
did, and we are and he has stepped back. Job done.

Poor ol'Turnip. The only important thing in his little world is leaving
the EU. Any consequences of doing so simply don't matter. And he calls
himself a philosopher.

--
*WHOSE CRUEL IDEA WAS IT FOR THE WORD 'LISP' TO HAVE 'S' IN IT?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 February 2018 12:43:36 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 03:57:07 -0800 (PST), tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 15 February 2018 11:03:37 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 15/02/18 01:03, Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:

You come across as a myopic poor loser Remoaner who believes his own
rhetoric.

I'd say he does believe what he says.

Then that is very sad.

What is most sad, he didn't see Brexit happening and still hasn't a
clue why anyone might vote for it.

The most chilling thought is that either way you look at it, upwards of
30% of the population have been completely conned by political
propaganda.

It is, isn't it? So many actually believing that the likes of Boris and
Farage actually give a stuff for the least privileged of the land. And
voted out because they were promised it would improve their lot. When all
data before and since the referendum says they will be hardest hit by
leaving the EU. Sadly they will only finally believe they were wrong in
time.

I guess that's one way to show you don't understand the issues

It's funny how you fanatic Brexiteers are so absolutely convinced that
'your opinion' is 100% right?

You are 100% right even when you didn't have the faintest clue what it
was you were actually voting for at the time and aren't much better
informed now.

*That's* a lack of understanding if there ever was one, or gambling
for that matter!

Cheers, T i m

That you can't see what's wrong with that is pretty funny

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 February 2018 13:46:03 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
It is, isn't it? So many actually believing that the likes of Boris and
Farage actually give a stuff for the least privileged of the land. And
voted out because they were promised it would improve their lot. When all
data before and since the referendum says they will be hardest hit by
leaving the EU. Sadly they will only finally believe they were wrong in
time.

I guess that's one way to show you don't understand the issues

And you don't understand that without the vote of those in depressed areas
of the UK, Brexit would not have been carried. And they voted on a lie
from the likes of Farage that leaving would improve their lot.

any evidence whatsoever for either of those statements? Or are you ready to admit you just made them up.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 February 2018 17:59:45 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 15/02/2018 11:57, tabbypurr wrote:

I guess that's one way to show you don't understand the issues

Its hard to understand the issues brexiteers have as they can't tell you
what they are.

On the other hand we know what our issues are and have been able to tell
you what they are.

boy you really haven't been paying attention

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 08:29:17 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Thursday, 15 February 2018 12:43:36 UTC, T i m wrote:

You are 100% right even when you didn't have the faintest clue what it
was you were actually voting for at the time and aren't much better
informed now.

*That's* a lack of understanding if there ever was one, or gambling
for that matter!

That you can't see what's wrong with that is pretty funny

What a weapons-grade thickie he is.

We will see ...

Even after being told *lots* of
times what we voted for.

Ah yes, the left brainer 'told' which means it makes sense and we must
believe it.

Some Brexiteers have mentioned what they hope will happen (which could
be different from any other Brexiteer) but none have been confident
enough to answer the questions on what facets do they *actually* think
they will get (at all) and how diluted they will be if / when they do.

Perhaps he can't read - well, he certainly
can't read for comprehension.

Aww, bless, says someone completely unable to read between the lines.

I just want to see just how big a gamblers the Brexiteers are, given
even the government doesn't actually know what anyone's 'Leave' vote
actually means yet!

Cummon gamblers, tell me what each of you gambled on and what the odd
of each of coming true are (if you can / dare of course).

And it could be as easy as just copying the known outcomes from the
Brexiteers Spreadsheet that is included in the Brexiteer equivalent of
'The Watchtower'.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. It's my betting that no Brexiteer can / will because 1) none of
them actually know and 2) none of them have big enough balls to show
their gambler 'workings' (coin toss more like).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 16 February 2018 09:03:16 UTC, T i m wrote:
So what is a left brainer and a right brainer, then what is someone that draws penis's or can't work out which box to tick, I'd call them a no brainer.

p.s. It's my betting that no Brexiteer can / will because 1) none of
them actually know and 2) none of them have big enough balls to show
their gambler 'workings' (coin toss more like).

I'm still waiting for no brainer to tell me how large the EU army will be, how much each country will contribute to this army and who will decide whether or not the army can be used and for what.
Will it be OK for teh army to be used to 'free' Gibraltar, will it be sent to syria, could it be used to protect the falklands.
Why didn;t this no brainer also tell us that the EEC would morth into the EEC.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
And you don't understand that without the vote of those in depressed
areas of the UK, Brexit would not have been carried. And they voted on
a lie from the likes of Farage that leaving would improve their lot.

any evidence whatsoever for either of those statements? Or are you ready
to admit you just made them up.

All you need to do - for a start - is look at a map of the areas who voted
leave and remain.

--
*We waste time, so you don't have to *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/02/18 10:57, whisky-dave wrote:
So what is a left brainer and a right brainer, then what is someone
that draws penis's or can't work out which box to tick, I'd call them
a no brainer.

Years ago I asked one girlfriend what she understood by a favourite
phrase of a previous girlfriend 'Male Chauvinist Pig'

Ther was a long pause..."That what a woman calls a man when she isn't
getting her own way"

--
Theres a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 14:08:35 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 02:57:24 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 16 February 2018 09:03:16 UTC, T i m wrote:
So what is a left brainer and a right brainer, then what is someone that draws penis's or can't work out which box to tick, I'd call them a no brainer.

p.s. It's my betting that no Brexiteer can / will because 1) none of
them actually know and 2) none of them have big enough balls to show
their gambler 'workings' (coin toss more like).

I'm still waiting for no brainer to tell me how large the EU army will be, how much each country will contribute to this army and who will decide whether or not the army can be used and for what.

Have you heard of NATO and wonder how such decisions are made?

Will it be OK for teh army to be used to 'free' Gibraltar, will it be sent to syria, could it be used to protect the falklands.

You are aware that UK couldn't protect the Falklands even if it had to?
There'been considerable shrinkage in UK's military capabilities since 1982

Why didn;t this no brainer also tell us that the EEC would morth into the EEC.

Eh? Would you like to rephrase that?

It wouldn't make any difference if he did Martin, it's all completely
missing the point.

The EU has evolved over the years and thank goodness, however, leaving
it for a fact or principal that 'most people' (so not just 1/3rd of
the electorate or even ~50% of those who voted) agree is worth losing
all the other benefits over.

Daughter was thinking of taking my Mum on holiday again this year.
Last year they went to Spain and were made very welcome. I'm not sure
that would still be the case post actual Brexit?

And what about all the 'benefits' the EU negotiate re mobile phone
roaming charges ... when we are no longer in the EU? And what would
they have to arrange re medical care, if the reciprocal arrangement we
currently enjoy as being an EU member state is dropped?

All this is assuming they will still be able to afford to go this year
.... with the pound lower than it's been for a while ...

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/ba...gbp/GBP-to-EUR

And for what ... the principals of some fanatics and the predictions
of some nutters. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 16 February 2018 11:19:29 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

And you don't understand that without the vote of those in depressed
areas of the UK, Brexit would not have been carried. And they voted on
a lie from the likes of Farage that leaving would improve their lot.

any evidence whatsoever for either of those statements? Or are you ready
to admit you just made them up.

All you need to do - for a start - is look at a map of the areas who voted
leave and remain.

thank you for confirming you have no evidence to offer for your 2 statements

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

And you don't understand that without the vote of those in
depressed areas of the UK, Brexit would not have been carried. And
they voted on a lie from the likes of Farage that leaving would
improve their lot.

any evidence whatsoever for either of those statements? Or are you
ready to admit you just made them up.

All you need to do - for a start - is look at a map of the areas who
voted leave and remain.

thank you for confirming you have no evidence to offer for your 2
statements

Thanks for confirming you never do any research.

--
*We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
It is, isn't it? So many actually believing that the likes of Boris and
Farage actually give a stuff for the least privileged of the land. And
voted out because they were promised it would improve their lot. When all
data before and since the referendum says they will be hardest hit by
leaving the EU. Sadly they will only finally believe they were wrong in
time.

I guess that's one way to show you don't understand the issues

And you don't understand that without the vote of those in depressed areas
of the UK, Brexit would not have been carried. And they voted on a lie
from the likes of Farage that leaving would improve their lot.

There was no lie. No more than those in Project Fear.

Perhaps if there was more economic and infrastructure uniformity over
the UK Brexit may never have happened. I expect in those areas wages
hadn't risen either over the previous 10 years or so.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

And you don't understand that without the vote of those in
depressed areas of the UK, Brexit would not have been carried. And
they voted on a lie from the likes of Farage that leaving would
improve their lot.

any evidence whatsoever for either of those statements? Or are you
ready to admit you just made them up.

All you need to do - for a start - is look at a map of the areas who
voted leave and remain.

thank you for confirming you have no evidence to offer for your 2
statements

Thanks for confirming you never do any research.

He is a brexiteer he has been told what to think.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/02/2018 15:41, Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* wrote:
It is, isn't it? So many actually believing that the likes of Boris and
Farage actually give a stuff for the least privileged of the land. And
voted out because they were promised it would improve their lot.
When all
data before and since the referendum says they will be hardest hit by
leaving the EU. Sadly they will only finally believe they were wrong in
time.

I guess that's one way to show you don't understand the issues

And you don't understand that without the vote of those in depressed
areas
of the UK, Brexit would not have been carried. And they voted on a lie
from the likes of Farage that leaving would improve their lot.

There was no lie. No more than those in Project Fear.

Really, some of your "project fear" have happened, some will happen.
Nothing in the brexits predictions has happened so far and it doesn't
look like it will either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
And you don't understand that without the vote of those in depressed areas
of the UK, Brexit would not have been carried. And they voted on a lie
from the likes of Farage that leaving would improve their lot.

There was no lie. No more than those in Project Fear.

So pray tell what is being done to help provide decent jobs in those
areas? Apart from plenty talk, of course.

And then explain just how leaving the EU will make things better for them?

Perhaps if there was more economic and infrastructure uniformity over
the UK Brexit may never have happened. I expect in those areas wages
hadn't risen either over the previous 10 years or so.

They've not risen in real terms anywhere. Exactly what a good Tory wants.
A few are very much richer, but the majority not. The main aim of
capitalism.

--
*See no evil, Hear no evil, Date no evil.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
[...]

Since it was a basic tenet of the Thatcherites that market forces
shouldn't be opposed and the poor areas should get poorer since they
weren't so profitable; but also an EU policy to subsidise and
otherwise assist poorer regions; and since EU money has been about the
only thing promoting new development in Wales and the English regions, I
actually agree but fail to see how *leaving* the EU is going to promote
"economic and infrastructure uniformity".

However I am always glad to hear bizarre beliefs and theories.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/02/18 17:07, Roger Hayter wrote:
Since it was a basic tenet of the Thatcherites that market forces
shouldn't be opposed and the poor areas should get poorer since they
weren't so profitable; but also an EU policy to subsidise and
otherwise assist poorer regions; and since EU money has been about the
only thing promoting new development in Wales and the English regions, I
actually agree but fail to see how*leaving* the EU is going to promote
"economic and infrastructure uniformity".

However I am always glad to hear bizarre beliefs and theories.

So it seems...

--
Renewable energy: Expensive solutions that don't work to a problem that
doesn't exist instituted by self legalising protection rackets that

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 16 February 2018 16:25:42 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 16/02/2018 08:01, tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 15 February 2018 17:59:45 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 15/02/2018 11:57, tabbypurr wrote:

I guess that's one way to show you don't understand the issues

Its hard to understand the issues brexiteers have as they can't tell you
what they are.

On the other hand we know what our issues are and have been able to tell
you what they are.

boy you really haven't been paying attention

You still haven't said anything.

try paying attention

You can't.

with twits like you & t i m it's quite pointless.

All you do is try and wind people up.

nope, just debunk some of the more stupid things you say

Maybe you really are JWS?

until you define 'jws' who knows

I'd partake more in this discussion if it weren't mostly just daft rubbish

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:

T i m wrote:

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:13:52 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Friday, 16 February 2018 16:25:42 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
snip

Maybe you really are JWS?

until you define 'jws' who knows

Classic left brainer response. Really, you can't work out who JWS is
or indeed that 'it's' a person!

Whoosh !

Attribution wise, it is not entirely clear to whom you are referring.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 16 February 2018 23:21:41 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
Fredxx wrote:
On 16/02/2018 22:32, Roger Hayter wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:
T i m wrote:
On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:13:52 -0800 (PST), tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 16 February 2018 16:25:42 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
snip

Maybe you really are JWS?

until you define 'jws' who knows

Classic left brainer response. Really, you can't work out who JWS is
or indeed that 'it's' a person!

Whoosh !

Attribution wise, it is not entirely clear to whom you are referring.

It is Tim who has the fetish with left/right sided brain.

I was always told the left side had the logic, and right side didn't.
Tim must therefore be right sided.

I see what you mean then. True, he doesn't appear to accept that
corollary of his position. I think he secretly suspects that he reaches
the conclusions he does because he simply has a *better* brain than the
rest of us.

it's no secret, and yet his arguments are junk.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 22:43:39 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

snip

It is Tim who has the fetish with left/right sided brain.

It's not a fetish, I find the general theory around brain
lateralization to be a handy tool to help understand why some think
and do as they do and therefore why some say and do such strange (to
someone opposite to them) things.

Like, most of the fanatic Brexiteers don't just think us leaving the
EU could or might be 'a good idea', they are absolutely /
unconditionally convinced that we *will* and they seem to be
completely oblivious of the other ~50% of the electorate who actively
voted against them and the 2/3rs of the electorate who didn't vote
with them?

I was always told the left side had the logic, and right side didn't.

Yes, that's the (very( general idea but it's not as black and white as
that (left brainer g). We are talking 'dominance', the concept that
whilst both brain hemispheres can and do duplicate each other on many
many things, just like most people have a preferred 'hand' and would
have a lead or dominant eye, they would also have a dominant brain
hemisphere.

That's why if you have a stroke in one side or another you can loose
your speech or motor functions on one side of your body but much of
the loss can be recovered with 'therapy to help the non-dominant
hemisphere better pick up the pieces etc.

Tim must therefore be right sided.

It would be 'right brain dominant' and I think you could be right.

A mate who has looked into this in some depth has a general scale
where 0 would be whatever is considered 'neutral', where both brain
hemispheres are fairly balanced (re the tasks that aren't hemisphere
specific).

He rates anyone right brain dominant as being on a scale of +1 to +5,
where a +1 is a typical woman and a +5 would be a quivering mass of
emotion. A 'left brainer' would be on the scale of -1 to -5 where a -1
is a typical man and a -5, a(n emotional) robot.

He has been with his wife for many years and he has been unhappy for
much of the time. Most of the time the issues were masked by 'life',
getting engage, getting married, buying a house, having children etc.

Now the kids have left home, from his POV it's as if he's just
co-habiting with someone, he wants more and she seem completely
unaware of his (emotional) needs.

So, he has concluded she (unusually for a woman) is a left brainer and
he (again, unusually for a man) is a right brainer. Even though she
seem unaware of his needs, he is too caring to just abandon her
because of he left-brainedness, she's unlikely to find anyone else to
look after her as he does.

So, being unable to pick up on the little nuisances, focusing on the
detail whilst missing the bigger picture, ignoring people's feeling
and opinions when they don't agree with yours are all signs of
particular brain 'handedness'.

I have never used the concept as a slur or to denigrate anyone (we are
what we are etc), and I've certainly never suggested that one was
better or preferable to the other, all I've even done is used it to
try to understand how and why people say and do the things they do.
And we do need all people right across the board ...

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 23:21:38 +0000, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

Fredxx wrote:

snip

I was always told the left side had the logic, and right side didn't.
Tim must therefore be right sided.

I see what you mean then. True, he doesn't appear to accept that
corollary of his position. I think he secretly suspects that he reaches
the conclusions he does because he simply has a *better* brain than the
rest of us.

And yet another classic 'left brainer' reply.

You see, someone who is 'left brained' (actually 'left brain
dominant') is typically less likely to be interested in understanding
the actual situation, preferring to stick with whatever 'current
understanding' best suits their mind set.

So, there actually could have some value in what you said (right
brainer reaction) in that in that if we are talking of the ability to
'read between the lines', then yes, a 'right brainer' would be better
at that than a left brainer.

Like, imagine the left brain stores all the words you know, the right
brain strings them together in the sequences you compute and / or have
learned over the years. If your / this 'memory' was more dominant in
your right brain and your right brain was hit by a stroke, you still
hold all the words but have difficult accessing them. When you forget
someone's name or the name of something, you haven't actually
forgotten the name, you simply aren't able to recall it and once you
do, it's not something you have re-learned but now 'remember'.

Conversely, loss some functionality of the left brain words store,
then you do actually forget the actual words and when prompted, are
sure you have never heard of them before.

You can easily see all this in action here pretty often when someone
puts up a question and 'some people' seem to be less able at
determining what was actually asked or expected and therefore giving
an appropriate reply (in depth and complexity).

These people will then often 'complain' when, often out of politeness
the situation is expanded on further by the OP, even after a solution
has been offered and used because those 'other' people haven't seen
the reply (killfiles, again, potentially a brain handedness thing) or
are so focused on what they consider to be 'their solution', the miss
everything else.

Maybe the reason I have been an IT support guy all my life and manned
(single-handedly) a 'Telephone Help Desk' for 5 years is my ability
(FWIW etc) to listen to what people are actually saying whilst being
able to read (hear) between the lines. eg, If a customer rings up
ranting and raving and demanding an engineer straight away it was my
'job' to ensure beyond reasonable doubt that the fault did lay with
our equipment and no elsewhere (BT / others). However, what was most
likely to earn their cooperation wasn't shouting back, or putting the
phone down is engaging them with some empathy and *gently* explaining
that (in many cases) the fault might be elsewhere and that *it would
be in their interest* we do some basic tests first to determine such.
In many cases, once they calm down, we do the tests and we prove the
fault is indeed elsewhere, they are far more respectful and often
apologise for their initial outbursts. They had no need to apologise
to me because I *understood* their position / situation and was fairly
sure that in 99% of the cases they were simply reacting to the
position they were in (which was often outside their skillset).

ITRW what I was actually (also) doing was protecting our engineering
resources as we couldn't afford (both in manpower and financially) to
be sending people all round the country on 'wild good chases'. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 03:01:47 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 16/02/2018 23:21, Roger Hayter wrote:

snip

I was always told the left side had the logic, and right side didn't.
Tim must therefore be right sided.

I see what you mean then. True, he doesn't appear to accept that
corollary of his position. I think he secretly suspects that he reaches
the conclusions he does because he simply has a *better* brain than the
rest of us.

That does seem to be a common Remoaner feature.

If you are talking about those people who voted Remain (I am
respectful enough to refer to you as Brexiteers and not Brexsh1teers)
then you could well be right.

Let's say a 'right brainer' has a higher EQ than a 'left brainer' then
'of course' it's likely that a right brainer might be more willing /
interested to consider 'the will of the people', and not some
arbitrarily created process / threshold that is blatantly obvious to a
right brainer to be bogus (especially for that job).

It's also quite logical that a Brexiteer be a 'left brainer' (and a
fanatical Brexiteer, even more so) and therefore because of their
lower EQ, less interested / concerned about what 'most people' might
consider fair or reasonable and be fixated on even one vote advantage
in their favour as being 'the right path'.

As I didn't vote either way, I *fully* understand there are two
completely disparate camps that actually represent many common goals
(like in theory,we all want what is best for 'the country') except, as
a right brainer my conscience wouldn't allow my to vote either way as
I was very aware I didn't have all the answers (and none of us do,
yet).

A left brainer could easily 'latch onto' a cause or principal and put
that above all other thoughts and feelings, even suicidally.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 23:43:10 -0800 (PST), wrote:

snip

I see what you mean then. True, he doesn't appear to accept that
corollary of his position. I think he secretly suspects that he reaches
the conclusions he does because he simply has a *better* brain than the
rest of us.

it's no secret, and yet his arguments are junk.

Mate, please try to start a new paragraph or sentence with a capital
letter, not doing so makes you look 'uneducated' (and not the same
thing as spelling, grammar (both within reason) or punctuation (other
than the likes of whisky-dave using a semicolon instead of an
apostrophe).

So, 'my arguments are junk', IYHO I'm guessing?

Imagine you are a spectator here and you see me asking you the
question of 'What did you vote on, what of what you voted on do you
think you are going to get and at what level', and you never
completely answering that, what would you think?

They are genuine questions and are asked because I'm trying to see how
you were able to be in a position that I'm not, and that how you seem
convinced that us leaving the EU *will* make things better for 'most
people' and as yet, I don't think we have actually seen an answer to
that, just a list of people hopes and dreams (ideology)?

If I were that spectator I would see the questions as reasonable and
the lack of accurate and tangible replies as 'junk'?

The thing is, you, along with all the other fanatic Brexiteers *know*
you can't actually answer those questions because like the very people
trying to force this farce though (our government), *no one* has the
answers yet. This means that we all (who voted) voted blind, something
I can't be a part of if it's supposed to be something that is supposed
to be the best for 'the people'.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Did you know that if we leave the EU we can't be full members of
Interpol? Again, they are going to try to arrange some 'special'
arrangement with us, like dealing with some spoilt child. I'm pretty
sure that's not 'a good thing', especially considering how the world
is going these days. ;-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 10:17:51 +0000, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

T i m wrote:

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 22:17:09 +0000,
(Roger Hayter)

wrote:

On Friday, 16 February 2018 16:25:42 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
snip

Maybe you really are JWS?

until you define 'jws' who knows

Classic left brainer response. Really, you can't work out who JWS is
or indeed that 'it's' a person!

You really can't make this stuff up (and with fanatic Brexiteers
roaming about you don't have to!).

One thing your much vaunted emotionally sensitive right brain doesn't
seem to have given you is even the slightest vestige of a sense of
humour.

Yeah, right!

I think you may take yourself a teensy bit too seriously.

Yeah, right!

But hey, 10/10 for coming to the aid of your fallen comrade. ;-)

But I'm not his comrade.

sigh, 'comrade' in the light of that particular discussion.

I agree with you politically.

I didn't think I was 'political'? ;-)

(I am in
favour of the EU, which is fundamentally your position though you won't
admit it.

Probably because it isn't true Roger? I'm not 'in favour' of either
choice, I can't be because I'm not sure what the leave choice (and the
only 'choice' as such, remaining was simply what we had / have
already) actually means yet?

I dislike single issue referenda - it would be easy to get
whoever is currently victim of the tabloids' ire hanged in one.)

Ok, we agree on that bit at least. ;-)

But
why must you set yourself up as being especially empathic

I'm not 'especially empathetic', I'm just not as un-empathetic as some
here (on the subject of Brexit)?

when your
posts demonstrate as much dogmatism, intolerance and lack of
consideration for others' point of view as any of the rest of us?

Do they though? Ok, I'll admit to 'playing' some of the more fanatic
Brexiteers because I really can't take them seriously ... but I have
full respect for any POV, when it's clear it was born out of fact,
logic or common sense ... and when it's obvious that they are willing
to be honest and reasonable themselves.

It
is wildly unconvincing.

That doesn't really matter though does it? I mean, I don't have to
convince anyone of anything (I don't care what they think or believe
what they make up themselves), all that matters is that those who
continue to spout lies or put hopes and dreams up as if they are fact
aren't allowed to do so un-challenged.

As I have said before, I'm one of the very people anyone looking for
more votes in the EU referendum would be keen to engage because I am
'undecided'. I'm undecided because I know what we have now (I can look
out of the window) and I'm happy we can't predict the future of
anything, including what defines 'the status quo' but the chances are
if the EU changes in a bad enough way that 'most people' can see it,
things could be changed at that point. We weren't 'doing too badly'
and I'm not convinced leaving the EU will improve on that (in ways
that 'most people' would consider 'improvements').

In contrast we (1/3rd of the electorate) have voted to do something
where the facts have still not been finalised and so far with little
in the way of anything other than 'hopes and predictions' as to what
their vote actually means ITRW ... and what the consequences will be
of implementing whatever it turns out to be.

So, as an observation on all this, how / why 'some people' might been
seen to be doing something based on few facts, without *knowing*
either the full meaning, result or outcome of their votes, I may use a
tool I find useful to help me judge why some people are acting so
irrationally.

Again, IDK if some don't accept the whole brain laterlization thing
(more often left brainers g) all that matters is that I can use it
to grade the comments I read here and then question and possibly
disregard any reply they make.

It's a / my 'credibility meter' if you like and I'm (we?) are more
likely to get credible reply from straight Leavers and Remaiers
equally, rather than the fanatics on either 'side'. ;-)

Fanatics are less likely to be right brainers by nature. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/02/2018 09:02, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 03:01:47 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 16/02/2018 23:21, Roger Hayter wrote:

snip

I was always told the left side had the logic, and right side didn't.
Tim must therefore be right sided.

I see what you mean then. True, he doesn't appear to accept that
corollary of his position. I think he secretly suspects that he reaches
the conclusions he does because he simply has a *better* brain than the
rest of us.

That does seem to be a common Remoaner feature.

If you are talking about those people who voted Remain (I am
respectful enough to refer to you as Brexiteers and not Brexsh1teers)
then you could well be right.

A Remoaner will abuse a Brexiter calling him names and proffering abuse
to his like. You are this definition of a Remoaner until you stop using
terms to denigrate those who support Brexit. When you end your obsession
with left/right brainer and incorrect implications towards Brexiters,
you will be no longer referred to as a Remoaner, or lumped in with this
group.

Let's say a 'right brainer' has a higher EQ than a 'left brainer' then
'of course' it's likely that a right brainer might be more willing /
interested to consider 'the will of the people', and not some
arbitrarily created process / threshold that is blatantly obvious to a
right brainer to be bogus (especially for that job).

You can say whatever you like about brain sidedness, the overall belief,
wrong or otherwise is left is for logic.

https://www.healthline.com/health/le...t-brain-theory
https://www.verywellmind.com/left-br...-brain-2795005

And I quote from one article "Researchers have demonstrated that
right-brain/left-brain theory is a myth, yet its popularity persists.
Why? Unfortunately, many people are likely unaware that the theory is
outdated."

Your obsession of the left/right brainers can only be a right brainer,
Remoaner infatuation.

You seem most bitter you didn't vote for remain. At least MM and Mark
Clayton voted for their convictions.