Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 10:17:51 +0000, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

T i m wrote:

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 22:17:09 +0000,
(Roger Hayter)
wrote:

T i m wrote:

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:13:52 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Friday, 16 February 2018 16:25:42 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
snip

Maybe you really are JWS?

until you define 'jws' who knows

Classic left brainer response. Really, you can't work out who JWS is
or indeed that 'it's' a person!

You really can't make this stuff up (and with fanatic Brexiteers
roaming about you don't have to!).

One thing your much vaunted emotionally sensitive right brain doesn't
seem to have given you is even the slightest vestige of a sense of
humour.

Yeah, right!

I think you may take yourself a teensy bit too seriously.

Yeah, right!

But hey, 10/10 for coming to the aid of your fallen comrade. ;-)

But I'm not his comrade.

sigh, 'comrade' in the light of that particular discussion.

I agree with you politically.

I didn't think I was 'political'? ;-)

(I am in
favour of the EU, which is fundamentally your position though you won't
admit it.

Probably because it isn't true Roger? I'm not 'in favour' of either
choice, I can't be because I'm not sure what the leave choice (and the
only 'choice' as such, remaining was simply what we had / have
already) actually means yet?

I dislike single issue referenda - it would be easy to get
whoever is currently victim of the tabloids' ire hanged in one.)

Ok, we agree on that bit at least. ;-)

But
why must you set yourself up as being especially empathic

I'm not 'especially empathetic', I'm just not as un-empathetic as some
here (on the subject of Brexit)?

when your
posts demonstrate as much dogmatism, intolerance and lack of
consideration for others' point of view as any of the rest of us?

Do they though? Ok, I'll admit to 'playing' some of the more fanatic
Brexiteers because I really can't take them seriously ... but I have
full respect for any POV, when it's clear it was born out of fact,
logic or common sense ... and when it's obvious that they are willing
to be honest and reasonable themselves.

It
is wildly unconvincing.

That doesn't really matter though does it? I mean, I don't have to
convince anyone of anything (I don't care what they think or believe
what they make up themselves), all that matters is that those who
continue to spout lies or put hopes and dreams up as if they are fact
aren't allowed to do so un-challenged.

As I have said before, I'm one of the very people anyone looking for
more votes in the EU referendum would be keen to engage because I am
'undecided'. I'm undecided because I know what we have now (I can look
out of the window) and I'm happy we can't predict the future of
anything, including what defines 'the status quo' but the chances are
if the EU changes in a bad enough way that 'most people' can see it,
things could be changed at that point. We weren't 'doing too badly'
and I'm not convinced leaving the EU will improve on that (in ways
that 'most people' would consider 'improvements').

In contrast we (1/3rd of the electorate) have voted to do something
where the facts have still not been finalised and so far with little
in the way of anything other than 'hopes and predictions' as to what
their vote actually means ITRW ... and what the consequences will be
of implementing whatever it turns out to be.

So, as an observation on all this, how / why 'some people' might been
seen to be doing something based on few facts, without *knowing*
either the full meaning, result or outcome of their votes, I may use a
tool I find useful to help me judge why some people are acting so
irrationally.

Again, IDK if some don't accept the whole brain laterlization thing
(more often left brainers g) all that matters is that I can use it
to grade the comments I read here and then question and possibly
disregard any reply they make.

It's a / my 'credibility meter' if you like and I'm (we?) are more
likely to get credible reply from straight Leavers and Remaiers
equally, rather than the fanatics on either 'side'. ;-)

Fanatics are less likely to be right brainers by nature. ;-)

Cheers, T i m