Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windscreen washer jet tool

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 10/01/2018 13:31, Rod Speed wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote

Large needle?

Thats what I have been using, but thats not so good
for keeping it in the glove box, you have to get everything
out of the glove box to find it. Worth spending $20 just
to make it easier to find when you need it. And a decent
handle for it makes it easier when adjusting the position
of the jet too when you keep doing trial and error
adjustment when doing it by yourself and can leave
it on the bonnet between adjustments without risking
losing it in the very deep bark litter the car is parked
on when its at home.

Don't you always have a pin in your lapel?

Nope, and dont even have any lapels either.

I wear T shirts year round, with a fleece on
top of a sweat top in the depths of winter.

And while the fleeces to have lapels,
the zip goes right up the lapel.

How do you secure your buttonhole (green carnation perhaps)?

Never ever do anything as dinosaury as that.

Just as well, everyone who knows me would likely
die laughing and that wouldnt be very nice for them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/01/18 09:52, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 10/01/18 09:36, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 09/01/2018 22:50, Rod Speed wrote:
Found this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Draper-Wi...97.m4902.l9144

But its not cheap for something that simple and for some reason I cant
find anything on aliexpress or amazon, presumably because they use
a different description. Anyone with a better idea of name to use ?

If you can find an old-school diabetic who injects using normal 0.5ml
syringes, mug him and steal one, they work well.

Cheers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/121723608122

A bit too thin IME.* I suppose it depends what's blocking it, by mine
gets blocked by resinous tree sap, and you need something a bit stiffer
and thicker.* But then don't we all.

Small dressmakers needle?

Bit of 20SWG piano wire (model shop)

Cheers

--
But what a weak barrier is truth when it stands in the way of an
hypothesis!

Mary Wollstonecraft
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/01/18 10:48, Roger Hayter wrote:
GB wrote:

On 10/01/2018 00:09, Rod Speed wrote:

They arent all that expensive, but I'm so jewish I want to check

Am I being overly sensitive, or does this jar with other readers?

If he actually *is* Jewish, I suppose he is allowed to make such
remarks, otherwise it is offensive precisely because of its casualness.
At school in Yorkshire in the 1960s "to jew" was a transitive verb
meaning to cheat someone, but I thought manners had improved since then.
To use Scottish in the same context is somewhat less offensive (but
still rude), as no-one has victimised the Scots for some centuries; and
then it was largely other Scots.

Get a ****ing life

You have just been taught to view it as offensive.

Its nor your fight. If jews find it offensive, let *them* stand up.

--
But what a weak barrier is truth when it stands in the way of an
hypothesis!

Mary Wollstonecraft
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
Found this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Draper-Wi...97.m4902.l9144

But its not cheap for something that simple and for some reason I cant
find anything on aliexpress or amazon, presumably because they use
a different description. Anyone with a better idea of name to use ?

I use a dressmakers pin. the type with a round plastic ball on the end.
Does the job for me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2018-01-10, Bob Minchin wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
Found this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Draper-Wi...97.m4902.l9144

But its not cheap for something that simple and for some reason I cant
find anything on aliexpress or amazon, presumably because they use
a different description. Anyone with a better idea of name to use ?

I use a dressmakers pin. the type with a round plastic ball on the end.
Does the job for me.

I hot glued a pin into the end of a ballpoint pen case.

Havent had a ballpoint pen case for decades now.

I use sharpies for the very occasional stuff I write now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

On 10/01/2018 00:09, Rod Speed wrote:

They arent all that expensive, but I'm so jewish I want to check

Am I being overly sensitive, or does this jar with other readers?

If he actually *is* Jewish, I suppose he is allowed to make such
remarks, otherwise it is offensive precisely because of its casualness.
At school in Yorkshire in the 1960s "to jew" was a transitive verb
meaning to cheat someone, but I thought manners had improved since then.
To use Scottish in the same context is somewhat less offensive (but
still rude), as no-one has victimised the Scots for some centuries; and
then it was largely other Scots.

Get a ****ing life

You have just been taught to view it as offensive.

Its nor your fight. If jews find it offensive, let *them* stand up.

I find it offensive. It's my life and my fight. I treat your opinion
only with the respect it deserves. But, thanks.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Jan 2018 22:40:05 GMT, Huge wrote:

I hot glued a pin into the end of a ballpoint pen case. Jeez, what
kind of DIY-ers are you lot?

I put a pin in a pin vise...

Thomas Prufer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

[...]

So you are taking it on yourself to find offense on behalf of someone else?

FFS! Wjata twisted SJW you are.

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

[...]

Your hypocrisy seems to have no limits Roger.

You see your friends make far more offensive anti-jewish comments and
say nothing, even when they are directed at someone with Jewish
heritage. Then there was the 'Asian name'/selection panel business.

Then someone makes a light hearted comment, even someone of Jewish
heritage laughs off, and you wade in with your phoney indignation.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

On 10/01/2018 00:09, Rod Speed wrote:

They arent all that expensive, but I'm so jewish I want to check

Am I being overly sensitive, or does this jar with other readers?

If he actually *is* Jewish, I suppose he is allowed to make such
remarks, otherwise it is offensive precisely because of its casualness.
At school* in Yorkshire in the 1960s "to jew" was a transitive* verb
meaning to cheat someone, but I thought manners had improved since then.
To use Scottish in the same context is somewhat less offensive (but
still rude), as no-one has victimised the Scots for some centuries;* and
then it was largely other Scots.

Get a ****ing life

You have just been taught to view it as offensive.

Its nor your fight. If jews find it offensive, let *them* stand up.

Roger frequently wades in with his phoney indignation re racism etc. Ask
him about job selection panel rules and Asian names, or women. You
could also mention why he never notices the anti-Jewish or racist
comments his chums make but accuses others of being racist.

As for the initial comment, I think you'd find it difficult to find a
Jew who was really offended. They tend have a robust attitude and sense
of humour.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

[...]

Jewish people aren't "someone else", some of them are part of my
community. Along with some Muslims, for that matter.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2018 07:29, Thomas Prufer wrote:
On 10 Jan 2018 22:40:05 GMT, Huge wrote:

I hot glued a pin into the end of a ballpoint pen case. Jeez, what
kind of DIY-ers are you lot?

I put a pin in a pin vise...

Thomas Prufer

I even have one of those, bought in a car boot sale and the
only time I ever used it was to hold a PCB drill bit to make
a very small hole.

Dental scrapers and sharp 'prodders' are the best things to use
because they have proper handles.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 11:30:47 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

I even have one of those, bought in a car boot sale and the
only time I ever used it was to hold a PCB drill bit to make
a very small hole.

Dental scrapers and sharp 'prodders' are the best things to use
because they have proper handles.

And both "pin vise" and "stainless steel dental pick" get plenty of hits on
aliexpress. They even have pin vises with a twist drill function, with pin vises
starting at 1/quid delivered...

Thomas Prufer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

[...]

Oh dear, your hypocrisy is strong today Roger.

Tell us your 'Asian name' selection panel story.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:

On 11/01/18 11:01, Roger Hayter wrote:

Jewish people aren't "someone else", some of them are part of my
community. Along with some Muslims, for that matter.

Oh dear, your hypocrisy is strong today Roger.

Tell us your 'Asian name' selection panel story.

Are you stalking me, perchance? Odd!

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

[...]

They are still someone else.

--
it should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism
about their freedom, about the relationship between the individual and

Vaclav Klaus

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote
Thomas Prufer wrote
Huge wrote

I hot glued a pin into the end of a ballpoint pen case. Jeez, what kind
of DIY-ers are you lot?

I put a pin in a pin vise...

I even have one of those, bought in a car boot sale and the only time I
ever used it was to hold a PCB drill bit to make a very small hole.

Dental scrapers and sharp 'prodders' are the best things to use

Nope the specific jet tool because it has proper screw
on caps to protect the two different spikes when its in
the glove box which is the only sensible place to keep it.

Looks like its something the chinese still havent noticed,
presumably because most of them dont drive cars.

Realised I was having a brain fart and did a google advanced
search on the aliexpress.com and alibaba.com web sites, still no hits.

because they have proper handles.

So does the right tool for the job.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I even have one of those, bought in a car boot sale and the
only time I ever used it was to hold a PCB drill bit to make
a very small hole.

Dental scrapers and sharp 'prodders' are the best things to use
because they have proper handles.

And both "pin vise" and "stainless steel dental pick" get plenty of hits
on
aliexpress.

The downside with both is that they dont protect
the spike when its kept in the glove box.

They even have pin vises with a twist drill function, with pin vises
starting at 1/quid delivered...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:

On 11/01/18 11:01, Roger Hayter wrote:

Jewish people aren't "someone else", some of them are part of my
community. Along with some Muslims, for that matter.

Oh dear, your hypocrisy is strong today Roger.

Tell us your 'Asian name' selection panel story.

Are you stalking me, perchance? Odd!

No.

How do you know?

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

I even have one of those, bought in a car boot sale and the
only time I ever used it was to hold a PCB drill bit to make
a very small hole.

Dental scrapers and sharp 'prodders' are the best things to use
because they have proper handles.

And both "pin vise" and "stainless steel dental pick" get plenty of hits
on
aliexpress.

The downside with both is that they don?t protect
the spike when its kept in the glove box.

Take a cork from your hat & stick the point in it?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

You have just been taught to view it as offensive.

Its nor your fight. If jews find it offensive, let *them* stand up.

I find it offensive. It's my life and my fight. I treat your opinion
only with the respect it deserves. But, thanks.

You may find it offensive. But remember: there is no right not to be
offended.

How true! Though we seem to be working towards inventing one. But if
someone makes an offensive remark, as Rod Speed did in this case, he
equally has no right not to be told he is thoroughly offensive. Is
that ok?

--

Roger Hayter