barry

Default What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily?[OT]

Zak wrote:
This is slightly off-topic but posted to groups where I figure
people would have some good ideas to help me out.

------

I live in a small block of flats near London. When they go
shopping some people like to park in our car park. If this does
not happen much then we just accept it.

However, recently a small number of strangers have started parking
here regularly and some leave their car here all day while they
are at work.

There is entry no barrier to our car park and the warning notices
and (fake) clamping notices on the car park walls are ignored.
These peristent parkers also ignore our little notes left under
the wipers asking them not to park in our car park.

SO THIS IS MY PLAN. I reckon I should now stick a A4-sized
"Please Do Not Park Here" notice on the windscreen of these
regular parkers and make sure the notice is attached with some
sort of glue that takes them a long time to remove.

What do you suggest I use for glue? If I use some rubbery sort of
compound like Bostik or Evostik then it will cost quite a bit as I
probably need a tube of the glue for each notice. If I use a
hard-setting glue like superglue then it will probably come off
with an ice-scraper as the wind screen will probably be a bit
dirty & dusty.

Can I buy and preprinted EXTRA-MESSY self adhesive notices which
say "Please Do Not Park Here" ?

Any ideas as to what (relatively cheap) adhesive I can use would
be welcome.

i reckon just simple prit stick will do your job. It's ginda gungy so
will be a pain to come off. Though the sticker will come off easily
enough, there'll be messy crap left behind

Or permanant marker. Write "****" above the driver's side on the
windscreen. Try and mirror it to, or soemthing
Alistair J Murray

Zak wrote:
This is slightly off-topic but posted to groups where I figure people
would have some good ideas to help me out.

------

I live in a small block of flats near London. When they go shopping
some people like to park in our car park. If this does not happen
much then we just accept it.

Sign saying "Unauthorised Parking £500/day or part thereof" in big
friendly print.

Fairly easy to remove notice pointing out the cost and intention to
pursue payment.

Small claim/day thereafter.

Trade Oil in €
Depresion

"Alistair J Murray" wrote in message
Zak wrote:
This is slightly off-topic but posted to groups where I figure people
would have some good ideas to help me out.

------

I live in a small block of flats near London. When they go shopping
some people like to park in our car park. If this does not happen
much then we just accept it.

Sign saying "Unauthorised Parking £500/day or part thereof" in big
friendly print.

Fairly easy to remove notice pointing out the cost and intention to
pursue payment.

Small claim/day thereafter.

You may even have some chance of getting the information of the registered
keeper from the DVLA as they now seem quite happy to fork it over at random to
anyone with a photo of the car parked on private land, claiming to work for the
land owners perusing a parking violation and happy to hand over the small fee.

Gary Millar

Zak wrote:
[...]

Or you could smear dog **** up the inside of the door handles,

Bob Eager

On Sat, 21 May 2005 09:41:14 UTC, "Gary Millar"
wrote:

You may even have some chance of getting the information of the registered
keeper from the DVLA as they now seem quite happy to fork it over at
random to anyone with a photo of the car parked on private land, claiming
to work for the land owners perusing a parking violation and happy to hand
over the small fee.

Or you could smear dog **** up the inside of the door handles,

We've already had that one! With the drawing pin enhancement.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

JohnB

Zak wrote:
Do Not Park Here" ?

Any ideas as to what (relatively cheap) adhesive I can use would
be welcome.

Lard

--
JohnB
Dave

JohnB wrote:

Zak wrote:
Do Not Park Here" ?

Any ideas as to what (relatively cheap) adhesive I can use would be
welcome.

Lard

I have looked at this thread and wondered what the original post was (I
am using BT and they are not the best), now I know.

If you want to stick a notice on a car that says something along the
lines of.....

You have parked here and deprived some one who has authority to park in
the place you have used.

Then stick the notice on the drivers side door window. Use a contact
adhesive, applied in a square around the edge of the notice He will
still be able to drive away, and see out of the window, but they will
struggle to remove the glue. :-)
This method was used at a works site I went to several years ago. You
are not causing any damage to the car, but it does take some work to get
rid of the glue. (The site I worked at used a very aggressive glue on
their warning notices and it worked). Totally the opposite of the glue
used on a post it :-)

Dave
Andy Turner

On Sat, 21 May 2005 20:22:59 +0100, JohnB
wrote:

Zak wrote:
Do Not Park Here" ?

Any ideas as to what (relatively cheap) adhesive I can use would
be welcome.

Lard

Has anyone suggested spunk yet?

andyt

JonnyBoy

Good god, I come back a day or so later and this thread has grown to
over 700 posts! I'm never going to catch up now!

Conor

In article .com,
JonnyBoy says...
Good god, I come back a day or so later and this thread has grown to
over 700 posts! I'm never going to catch up now!

You've not missed much. Its turned into a circular argument and must on
its fourth or fifth rotation by now.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

Owain

Bill Woods wrote:
You may even have some chance of getting the information of the
registered keeper from the DVLA as they now seem quite happy to
fork it over at random to anyone with a photo of the car parked
on private land, claiming to work for the land owners perusing a
parking violation and happy to hand over the small fee.

What do you have to do to get this info? Where do you send the
picture and is the service chargeable?

Last time I asked (2001) it cost £2.50 and you have to apply in writing
to Information From Records, DVLA Swansea/Abertawe SA99 1AJ stating the
car's reg no and that it is abandoned on private land or some other
reasonable cause. Check with DVLA enquiries phone line for current costs.

Owain