Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More of Mikes kittens

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 10:42:17 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 05:39:01 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:44:26 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:53:21 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news Did they not realise they are living wild in Australia?

It was just her, he's not that stupid.

Women are of lower intelligence.

Only in your own mind.

You have frequently commented on their lack of driving ability.

That in itself is not a definition of lower intelligence.

Of course it is. Not being able to drive makes you stupid.

"Women motorists are set to outnumber their male counterparts on the
road, it has emerged".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...vers-soar.html

Being on the road doesn't make you able to drive properly.

And you have said on many occasions it's always a woman when somebody does something stupid.

--
Foreploy (v): Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 00:56:55 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 23:21:12 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 20:36:04 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 20:03:02 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 02:02:58 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 01:23:16 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 00:03:28 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 22:41:59 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in
message
news On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:05:19 +0100, Bod

wrote:

On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 02:45:29 -0700 (PDT),

wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 03:14:53 UTC+1, Rod Speed
wrote:

Or for pursuing criminals who are running away from
the cops either. Corse a ****ing great alsatian is
likely
to be a seen as a tad more threatening by the average
running crim too.

I'm pretty certain a similarly sized lion/tiger would be
considered
more threatening.

;-)

That could work as long as the handler wore armour, had
the
beast
on
(long / strong) lead and the laws on keeping dangerous
animals
was
changed to allow the Police animals to actually kill crims
(as
I'm
not
sure the recall command would work as well on a lion as it
would
on
dog). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/10...rning-hug.html

Cool.

Is it just me, or do cameras mounted on someone so they stay
still
and
the
surroundings move seem rather odd?

Yeah, the worst of them can make you a bit sea sick.

But there isnt any feasible alternative when there is
no camera operator to keep tracking what matters.

Could have some kind of fancy gyroscopic thing or an
electronic
alternative to make the camera stay still.

Trouble is that it then wouldn't be looking at
what the wearer of the camera is looking at.

That's the whole point of those action cameras, they track
what the person whose head its attached to is looking at
and that does usually produce the best result, even if it
does have the downside of making some a bit seasick.

The big professional shoulder mounted
cameras the pros use do produce a much
better result, but cost a hell of a lot more too.

It can look the same way, just reduce the wobble.

Trouble is that there isnt the room for a decent gyro stablised
system in a head mounted camera and you'd need an external
power pack with its associated cabling even if it was possible.

Someone with exceptional intelligence called James recently said
"or
an
electronic alternative".

There is no electronic alternative that is cheap enough.
If there was, they'd be selling like hot cakes.

Sony invented it decades ago.

But even theirs don't have it, so its more complicated than that.

It's on every single video camera nowadays,

Like hell it is in the sense that you get as good a result as with
the massive great shoulder mounted pro cameras the pros use.

But better than the wobbly selfie shots we see.

Nope, not with head mounted cameras that
see the background move around a lot.

so why not on selfie versions?

Because it doesn't work when the camera moves around that much.

I've seen it work well on a roller coaster etc.

That's a different situation, everything the camera
can see is all moving in the same way all the time.

So the camera could just ignore the centre.

Nope, because if it makes the background stable the center
would move around just as much as the background currently
does

It should make them both move around half what they currently do.

and would be even worse to watch because what you
want to watch is whats in the center.

No you don't. For example in the video we just watched, it's the animal we're interested in.

Its never going to be feasible to eliminate the problem
with optical stablisation, it has to be physical.

That wouldn't be any different to what you objected to above. With a perfect physical stabiliser, the background would be stationary, and the person would move around.

--
Seen on a tap in a Finnish washroom:
To stop the drip, turn cock to right.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news Did they not realise they are living wild in Australia?

It was just her, he's not that stupid.

Women are of lower intelligence.

Only in your own mind.

You have frequently commented on their lack of driving ability.

That in itself is not a definition of lower intelligence.

Of course it is. Not being able to drive makes you stupid.

Erm, plenty of men can't drive.

10 times less than women. Guess what sex the driver in the video I just
emailed you is.

Er, correction! there's slightly more women that drive now than men drive.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news Did they not realise they are living wild in Australia?

It was just her, he's not that stupid.

Women are of lower intelligence.

Only in your own mind.

You have frequently commented on their lack of driving ability.

That in itself is not a definition of lower intelligence.

Of course it is. Not being able to drive makes you stupid.

Erm, plenty of men can't drive.

10 times less than women. Guess what sex the driver in the video I just
emailed you is.

Er, correction! there's slightly more women that drive now than men drive.

I'm talking about driving properly. We both agree that women are the ones that make stupid mistakes, like the car going the wrong way round the roundabout in the video I just emailed you (it's why the newspaper van came to a halt in front of me).

--
I called a company and asked to speak to Bob. The person
who answered said, "Bob is on vacation. Would you like to

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 15:06:20 +0100, Bod wrote:

[...]

The word "well" or "properly" should have been after "drive". I thought it was obvious from context.

--
Computers are like air conditioners: They stop working when you open Windows.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 03:12:07 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 00:42:02 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:45:35 +0100, Richard
wrote:

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message

En el artículo
,
escribió:

the smell attracting predators (the kittens haven't
learned to bury it yet).

Mine used the tray from the day it was put down. Only one little
accident. Mornings are funny, I empty and clean the tray and put it
down
with fresh litter and they all charge for it. Synchronised pooing
ensues.

Perhaps a little too much info, but at least Pounder will be happy as a
pig
in **** that they don't use his award winning garden.

Award winning my arse.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d89cxd9nln...cycle.jpg?dl=0

Fark, where are the plastic butterflys ?

He does go on about those. I think he's mentally insane.

Better than bodily insane or spiritually insane I spose.

Must be ****ing mad to have white gravel around the grass, must
be a complete ****ing waste of time when mowing the grass.

He has some odd obsessions, including gates. Gates with no locks so
people can get in anyway, so utterly useless.

Not completely useless, they work fine for keeping dogs in the yard.

You mean they're not bright enough to stay?

--
Prostration - the act of exposing your genitalia to your god.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 03:09:20 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 00:36:17 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:53:21 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 01:41:09 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 00:12:06 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

Yeah, that's a massive downside with dogs, particularly
the ones that just bark because they are bored out of
their minds with the owner at work etc.

Mine never did that but would bark at any
visitors even if the one visitor showed up say
10 times in the one day for some reason as
they keep borrowing stuff to do some diy etc.

You seem to lend a lot of tools.

Yeah, I do. Mainly because since I build my house from scratch
on a bare block of land, I have a lot more tools than anyone
else does and don't mind lending them as long as its likely they
wont get buggered or will be replaced if they do get buggered.

Even now, because of the garage sales where the stuff is so cheap
that I always get something like a ladder or vice or still or beer
capper that is better than what I currently have, I have lots more
of almost everything than almost everyone I know.

I have something like 15 beer brewing barrel and so am the
obvious one to borrow one from if you need to borrow one.

You must be popular with your neighbours.

Yeah, I know them all and lend most of them quite a bit of stuff.
Respond first when their alarm goes off too, although another
of the neighbours is usually there pretty soon after I am.

Why bother?

Because we have all been burgled at one time or another.

I haven't.

You will be.

Most people never are.

What kind of place do you live in?

Just the same as most people where burglarys do happen.

Only happens regularly in cities here. In 17 years in my street of 50 houses (in a small town), there have been two burglaries, both non-standard. One was some golf clubs out of the boot of an open car. The other was a living room double glazing unit that had just been put in. Never known any house contents to go.

The house one house away has just recently been burnt to the ground by a
complete ****ing loony, fortunately when the owners were away on holiday.

Are Aussies all neanderthals or something?

Nope, this one was quite literally barking mad. She was 'living'
up in the roof of what you lot call a council house because she
believed that her place was inhabited by demons. That's why
she torched the place next but one to my place, she believed
it was too.

Was she jailed?

Don't you have a police force?

Corse we do, but it isnt possible for cops
to avoid everything like that happening.

From what I've heard they seem to concentrate on the easy **** like
speeding motorists.

They didn't with this one and caught her quite quickly.

99.99999% of alarms are false.

It isnt as high as that with most of the neighbours.

It is here.

I don't believe that.

I must hear one every couple of weeks. Yet only two burglaries in 17 years.

Annoying alarms with no burglar in sight.

Sure, most of ours are too, but nothing like that high a percentage.

People have motion/vibration sensors, probably picking up a cat through the window or a bird hitting the window.

If I call the police they don't care.

I go and check myself to see if it's a false alarm or not.

I don't, unless it's 3am, then I go and find out who I'm to yell at when they return home.

First question they ask is "can you see a burglar". If not, they don't
bother coming out.

And that is the sensible way to operate.

Most burglars would hide out of sight if they saw someone looking.

It's up to us to take the alarm off the wall with a brick.

Ours time out. It's a legal requirement.

Legal requirement here, but there's a loophole. After 15 minutes it must shut off, but it's allowed to start again something like 5 minutes later!

Alarms are a ****ing nuisance.

But do get the neighbours here checking when
they go off because we all know each other very
well indeed some of us for over 50 years now.

And here we realise that the electronics are too sensitive and have
probably detected a cat touching a pane of glass.

It was like that for a while, but retweeking the system fixed that.

Clearly installers or DIYers here are too stupid to do that. Anyway, even if each alarm that's installed gives only one false alarm before being tweaked, that is WAY too much noise pollution. It's an extremely irritating sound.

The last time the grandkids had been there for a birthday party.
Everyone had left and after a few days the helium had leaked
out of a balloon up on the ceiling and it drifted down to the
floor and set the alarm off.

Which only goes to show alarms are not intelligent enough for their task.

On one other occasion you could see where someone had tried
to jemmy a window and had got scared off by the alarm and had
put a chair against the back fence and gone over it on the way out.

I doubt a burglar would run away from an alarm here as nobody looks.

On another occasion the crim was visible on the surveillance
cameras that were installed after the previous incident.

Cameras are a much better idea than alarms. They don't wake everyone up.

And a ****ing loud bark too. One time I was over at
the shops around the corner which must be atleast
500m or more away and it was perfectly obviously
that a visitor had showed up at my place.

Remote burglar alarm.

Yeah, didn't work with work tho, much too far away to hear.

And no one was ever game to try stealing anything
with that ****ing great alsatian inside the house
going bananas at anyone stupid enough to try it.

Why are people scared of dogs?

Why are people scared of mice, spiders, snakes etc ?

Spiders are disgusting,

Only if you are neurotic about spiders.

More legs than body, simply wrong.

No reason to be scared of them.

I'm more disgusted than scared.

Ever had one enter your mouth while you're sleeping?

I don't sleep with my mouth open.

How do you know?

I'd rather they didn't exist on the planet.

They likely feel the same way about you.

That's their problem. I can stand on them and kill them. I am superior.

a lot of snakes are poisonous.

Hardly any of them are.

Prove it.

Look at the stats.

Actually ALL snakes are venemous.

It's the way we evolved presumably.

Same reason most cats are scared of cucumbers etc.

I tried that with mine, all 5 did nothing.

Sure, but yours are clearly damned weird. Not one of the cats
in those videos of Dave's do anything like yours do with cat flaps.

And mine aren't stupid enough to react to a dead vegetable.

But clearly some are.

I tried 6 cats!

Pretty easy to kill/stun/scare off a dog using a heavy implement.

You wont do that with the big dogs.

A rock slammed into their face would stop them.

Nope, you'd get savaged picking up the rock.

I'd like to see them try.

Plenty of crims not only see them try, they feel them do it.

Then their reactions are slower than mine.

Or burrrrglarrr alarrrrrum as they say in Glasgow.

And he had the cheek to report me for noisy parrots.

Yeah, they can be quite noisy. I have a long run of very
big gum trees etc down the 100' long side of the house
and we get big swarms of galahs, 50-100 birds in the
flock, show up and all camp overnight in my trees,
jabbering away to each other about the state of my jungle.

I blocked off my bedroom window with sound insulation so I can't
hear
the
neighbours when I'm in bed.

I only have massive great 8'x8' patio doors instead of
windows in the bedrooms and the heavy armoured
glass is surprisingly effective against most noise.

Armoured glass?

Toughened glass so even if you try walking thru it by accident,

Most people aren't that stupid.

Yes, but the law requires that with patio doors because some
are and the results can be very dramatic when they do that.

Why does the law protect the stupid?

Because they can be kids who don't know any better etc.

Being a kid is no excuse for being as stupid as a housefly.

All that does is make the next generation even more useless than the
current one.

We do in fact do a lot better than cave men did.
They couldn't drive cars and fly planes etc.

They probably could if they existed.

I waited till he went to sleep then put equally powerful speakers
against the dividing wall. He moved out after only 1 year.

Can be interesting when you walk out of the
house and the entire crew all take off at once.

And **** all over my car.

I was thinking your head.

Nar, that's never happened.

I once had a seagull **** in some chips I'd just bought.

I did just the once have bird **** on me as it
flew past as a kid, but never any other time.

Lots of birds around currently, we had the wettest
5 months on record thru the winter here.

Been very dry up here. England is considering hosepipe bans. I
ignore
those, they're pointless, 96% of water usage is industrial.

I mostly just notice the sillier calls some of them
have and make snide remarks about bird brains.

What is a "silly" bird call?

I'll record one. Remarkably silly.

[waits]

Didn't hear any yesterday.

[waits more]

Still none, and since its sposed to drizzle a bit today, unlikely to be any
today either.

Soggy continent :-) I haven't had rain in weeks.

His complaint failed, as by law the council had to tell me they
were
going to make a recording, so I put them indoors :-)

That's when he poisoned the cats and they ended up so weird }-(

I didn't have them at that point. Another neighbour has reported me
the SSPCA for having "15 underfed cats breeding out of control".
They
came round and found 5 cats well looked after. I told them to fine
them
for wasting the charity's time, but apparently it happens all the
time
and they don't care?

I've only ever had the one complaint to the council, when the
silly woman who I know so well that they chose to buy the bare
block of land next to me after we were all living in that block
of flats discovered a snake. Not even a poisonous one.

They complained about you because of a snake?!

Yep, I don't bother to mow my lawns and it's a bit of a jungle.

Lot of a jungle, actually.

Not really your fault then.

True.

Did they think it was your pet?

Nope.

Did they not realise they are living wild in Australia?

It was just her, he's not that stupid.

Women are of lower intelligence.

That one certainly is. Rabid god botherer too.

Oh dear. They ought to eradicate all god worshippers. Bring back Hitler.

Bit hard, the corpse was burnt and we havent worked
out how to clone humans from burnt bones yet.

Or someone similar.

--
At Sunday school the teacher asked little Johnny, "Do you know where little boys and girls go when they do bad things?"
"Sure," little Johnny replied. "They go out in the back of the church yard."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Not possible for the reason I spelt out later and you have now deleted.

and would be even worse to watch because what you
want to watch is whats in the center.

No you don't. For example in the video we just watched, it's the animal
we're interested in.

Yes, but when that moves around more
than it currently does, that's worse.

Its never going to be feasible to eliminate the problem
with optical stablisation, it has to be physical.

That wouldn't be any different to what you objected to above.

Yes it is, because there would be no background movement with
that approach. You only get background movement when the
camera moves.

With a perfect physical stabiliser, the background would be stationary,

Yes.

and the person would move around.

Not when it tracks the person and lion.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

[...]

Its got nothing to do with bright enough. Dogs love to
wander around and see what other dogs have been around.

When I was building the house, one of the neighbours dogs
used to have a very regular run, trotting around the same
route by itself every day, regular as clockwork. Hilarious.

When I was walking a km or two to pick the car up after
it was in for a wheel alignment, there was an alsatian
doing the same thing down the km or more long street,
stopping at every tree or gate post to see who had just
****ed on it and ****ed on it himself. Very determined
and single minded.

That's the way dogs operate.

Plenty of cats do too. That one of Adams that he had to
kill had a routine that as soon as Adam had left for work
would head over to one of the neighbours places for a
second breakfast, regular as clockwork. The young girl
who lived there thought it was hilarious.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Bull****. Bet you can't find a single
person in here that has never been.

Bull****.

In 17 years in my street of 50 houses (in a small town), there have been
two burglaries, both non-standard.

That's because you're all povs/chavs with nothing work taking.

One was some golf clubs out of the boot of an open car. The other was a
living room double glazing unit that had just been put in. Never known
any house contents to go.

Then why does everyone have alarms that
you want to smash when they false trigger ?

The house one house away has just recently been burnt to the ground by
complete ****ing loony, fortunately when the owners were away on
holiday.

Are Aussies all neanderthals or something?

Nope, this one was quite literally barking mad. She was 'living'
up in the roof of what you lot call a council house because she
believed that her place was inhabited by demons. That's why
she torched the place next but one to my place, she believed
it was too.

Was she jailed?

Nar, off to the loony bin. Quite literally barking mad.

From what I've heard they seem to concentrate on the easy **** like
speeding motorists.

They didn't with this one and caught her quite quickly.

99.99999% of alarms are false.

It isnt as high as that with most of the neighbours.

It is here.

I don't believe that.

I must hear one every couple of weeks. Yet only two burglaries in 17
years.

So it isnt just your cats that are barking
mad, its all your neighbours too.

Annoying alarms with no burglar in sight.

Sure, most of ours are too, but nothing like that high a percentage.

People have motion/vibration sensors, probably picking up a cat through
the window or a bird hitting the window.

Our are mostly PIRs in the house.

If I call the police they don't care.

I go and check myself to see if it's a false alarm or not.

I don't, unless it's 3am, then I go and find out who I'm to yell at when
they return home.

I usually don't bother to ring the neighbour when their
system false alarms, he can see it on the alarm system
when he gets home and can see that I checked that it was
a false alarm from the camera footage that he checks now.

First question they ask is "can you see a burglar". If not, they don't
bother coming out.

And that is the sensible way to operate.

Most burglars would hide out of sight if they saw someone looking.

Not even possible with my neighbour's place.

It's up to us to take the alarm off the wall with a brick.

Ours time out. It's a legal requirement.

Legal requirement here, but there's a loophole. After 15 minutes it must
shut off, but it's allowed to start again something like 5 minutes later!

Yeah, ours do too, but they don't usually false alarm again immediately.

I have had the neighbours one do that the one time, forget what the
problem was, think one of the PIRs inside the house failed or something.

Alarms are a ****ing nuisance.

But do get the neighbours here checking when
they go off because we all know each other very
well indeed some of us for over 50 years now.

And here we realise that the electronics are too sensitive and have
probably detected a cat touching a pane of glass.

It was like that for a while, but retweeking the system fixed that.

Clearly installers or DIYers here are too stupid to do that.

He wasn't. Not that cheap to get it retweeked tho.

Anyway, even if each alarm that's installed gives only one false alarm
before being tweaked, that is WAY too much noise pollution. It's an
extremely irritating sound.

I'm not that obsessive. I'd rather they didn't ever false alarm,
but given that we have all been burgled at one time, I don't
mind having to put the phone in my pocket, wander around
their place checking if it's a false alarm and yawning when it is.

Didn't even mind it going off all thru the night the one time.

No system is ever perfect.

The last time the grandkids had been there for a birthday party. Everyone
had left and after a few days the helium had leaked out of a balloon up
on the ceiling and it drifted down to the floor and set the alarm off.

Which only goes to show alarms are not intelligent enough for their task.

Sure. But it isnt economically practical to have a system
that allows for stuff like that with residential houses.

You don't see the banks systems false triggering with stuff like that.

On one other occasion you could see where someone had tried
to jemmy a window and had got scared off by the alarm and had
put a chair against the back fence and gone over it on the way out.

I doubt a burglar would run away from an alarm here as nobody looks.

Bet they would keep an eye out for someone looking.

On another occasion the crim was visible on the surveillance
cameras that were installed after the previous incident.

Cameras are a much better idea than alarms. They don't wake everyone up.

But don't warn the burglar off and are mostly pretty
useless for putting the druggy burglar in jail.

Even with retail shops, the burglars usually have enough of
a clue to cover their faces with a balaclava etc so the footage
doesn't see one of the local cops say "that's that bugger fred
again" and frog march him off to the magistrate.

And even if that's possible, he'll have flogged the stuff
to his drug dealer before the cops can find him anyway.

Much better to have the alarm go off, someone like me
show up and scare him off before he gets into the house.

And a ****ing loud bark too. One time I was over at
the shops around the corner which must be atleast
500m or more away and it was perfectly obviously
that a visitor had showed up at my place.

Remote burglar alarm.

Yeah, didn't work with work tho, much too far away to hear.

And no one was ever game to try stealing anything
with that ****ing great alsatian inside the house
going bananas at anyone stupid enough to try it.

Why are people scared of dogs?

Why are people scared of mice, spiders, snakes etc ?

Spiders are disgusting,

Only if you are neurotic about spiders.

More legs than body, simply wrong.

No reason to be scared of them.

I'm more disgusted than scared.

No reason to be disgusted either.

Our ****ing great huntsmans that can be as big as your hand
are quite interesting. I had one as pet when I was a kid.

I just squash the redbacks. Let the daddy long legs do their thing.

I do fly spray the bugger that insists on living in my car wing
mirrors, but that's because its web is a nuisance there.

Ever had one enter your mouth while you're sleeping?

I don't sleep with my mouth open.

How do you know?

I don't get a dry mouth.

I don't snore either.

I'd rather they didn't exist on the planet.

They likely feel the same way about you.

That's their problem. I can stand on them and kill them. I am superior.

Cant stand on daddy long legs, they are up at ceiling level.

a lot of snakes are poisonous.

Hardly any of them are.

Prove it.

Look at the stats.

Actually ALL snakes are venemous.

Pigs arse they are. Pythons kill by
wrapping themselves around the prey.

It's the way we evolved presumably.

Same reason most cats are scared of cucumbers etc.

I tried that with mine, all 5 did nothing.

Sure, but yours are clearly damned weird. Not one of the cats
in those videos of Dave's do anything like yours do with cat flaps.

And mine aren't stupid enough to react to a dead vegetable.

But clearly some are.

I tried 6 cats!

Sure but they are so inbred that they are barking mad.

Those youtube videos arent faked.

Neither are dave's cat flap videos.

Nope, you don't have a ****ing clue how those dogs operate.

[...]

All kids have to learn stuff.

All that does is make the next generation even more useless than the
current one.

We do in fact do a lot better than cave men did.
They couldn't drive cars and fly planes etc.

They probably could if they existed.

Nope, we know they can't because people showed up in
them with the few remaining savages and found they couldn't.

The most stupid in PNG ended up with a full religion with the
silly buggers praying to skys for more stuff to show up in a plane.

[...]

We didn't for months. Only got 7mm. More due on Tuesday tho.

[...]

No one has got within a bulls roar of him for centurys.

Even Vlad the Impaler wasn't a patch on him.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

48 houses in my street of 50.

What kind of place do you live in?

Just the same as most people where burglarys do happen.

Only happens regularly in cities here.

Bull****.

No, it's true. We aren't all thieves like you lot. Only cities full of pakis have that problem.

In 17 years in my street of 50 houses (in a small town), there have been
two burglaries, both non-standard.

That's because you're all povs/chavs with nothing work taking.

It's the chavvy areas where they have more thefts. They steal from each other.

One was some golf clubs out of the boot of an open car. The other was a
living room double glazing unit that had just been put in. Never known
any house contents to go.

Then why does everyone have alarms that
you want to smash when they false trigger ?

They don't, there are only two alarms at this end of the street.

The house one house away has just recently been burnt to the ground by
complete ****ing loony, fortunately when the owners were away on
holiday.

Are Aussies all neanderthals or something?

Nope, this one was quite literally barking mad. She was 'living'
up in the roof of what you lot call a council house because she
believed that her place was inhabited by demons. That's why
she torched the place next but one to my place, she believed
it was too.

Was she jailed?

Nar, off to the loony bin. Quite literally barking mad.

I fail to see the point, they can't cure it.

From what I've heard they seem to concentrate on the easy **** like

No, it's the alarms that are ****.

Annoying alarms with no burglar in sight.

Sure, most of ours are too, but nothing like that high a percentage.

People have motion/vibration sensors, probably picking up a cat through
the window or a bird hitting the window.

Our are mostly PIRs in the house.

Which will see movement of a cat.

If I call the police they don't care.

I go and check myself to see if it's a false alarm or not.

I don't, unless it's 3am, then I go and find out who I'm to yell at when
they return home.

I usually don't bother to ring the neighbour when their
system false alarms, he can see it on the alarm system
when he gets home and can see that I checked that it was
a false alarm from the camera footage that he checks now.

First question they ask is "can you see a burglar". If not, they don't
bother coming out.

And that is the sensible way to operate.

Most burglars would hide out of sight if they saw someone looking.

Not even possible with my neighbour's place.

Must be a small place if they can't hide.

It's up to us to take the alarm off the wall with a brick.

Ours time out. It's a legal requirement.

Legal requirement here, but there's a loophole. After 15 minutes it must
shut off, but it's allowed to start again something like 5 minutes later!

Yeah, ours do too, but they don't usually false alarm again immediately.

The ones here seem to run again and again until someone shuts them off. They should sound for 15 minutes, then stop forever until they're reset.

I have had the neighbours one do that the one time, forget what the
problem was, think one of the PIRs inside the house failed or something.

Alarms are a ****ing nuisance.

But do get the neighbours here checking when
they go off because we all know each other very
well indeed some of us for over 50 years now.

And here we realise that the electronics are too sensitive and have
probably detected a cat touching a pane of glass.

It was like that for a while, but retweeking the system fixed that.

Clearly installers or DIYers here are too stupid to do that.

He wasn't. Not that cheap to get it retweeked tho.

They aren't exactly complicated devices, could do it themselves ffs.

Anyway, even if each alarm that's installed gives only one false alarm
before being tweaked, that is WAY too much noise pollution. It's an
extremely irritating sound.

I'm not that obsessive. I'd rather they didn't ever false alarm,
but given that we have all been burgled at one time, I don't
mind having to put the phone in my pocket, wander around
their place checking if it's a false alarm and yawning when it is.

Didn't even mind it going off all thru the night the one time.

ALL NIGHT?! That would drive me insane enough to beat the **** out of the fool that owned the alarm. I'd be so ****ed off I wouldn't care if I was done for assault.

No system is ever perfect.

Which is why they shouldn't have them at all.

The last time the grandkids had been there for a birthday party. Everyone
had left and after a few days the helium had leaked out of a balloon up
on the ceiling and it drifted down to the floor and set the alarm off.

Which only goes to show alarms are not intelligent enough for their task.

Sure. But it isnt economically practical to have a system
that allows for stuff like that with residential houses.

You don't see the banks systems false triggering with stuff like that.

Banks have a lot to lose. The extremely minor chance of losing a TV is not enough to have an alarm.

On one other occasion you could see where someone had tried
to jemmy a window and had got scared off by the alarm and had
put a chair against the back fence and gone over it on the way out.

I doubt a burglar would run away from an alarm here as nobody looks.

Bet they would keep an eye out for someone looking.

If the burglar is in the living room with the curtains shut, nobody can see them.

On another occasion the crim was visible on the surveillance
cameras that were installed after the previous incident.

Cameras are a much better idea than alarms. They don't wake everyone up.

But don't warn the burglar off

They do if they're visible. You should also have hidden ones viewing the visible ones, so they can get done for breaking them.

and are mostly pretty
useless for putting the druggy burglar in jail.

A picture of him in the act of stealing is enough evidence.

Even with retail shops, the burglars usually have enough of
a clue to cover their faces with a balaclava etc so the footage
doesn't see one of the local cops say "that's that bugger fred
again" and frog march him off to the magistrate.

Burglary must be a big business over there. Here it's just a few idiots that aren't bright enough to cover their faces.

And even if that's possible, he'll have flogged the stuff
to his drug dealer before the cops can find him anyway.

Legalise drugs, remove the problem.

Much better to have the alarm go off, someone like me
show up and scare him off before he gets into the house.

And a ****ing loud bark too. One time I was over at
the shops around the corner which must be atleast
500m or more away and it was perfectly obviously
that a visitor had showed up at my place.

Remote burglar alarm.

Yeah, didn't work with work tho, much too far away to hear.

And no one was ever game to try stealing anything
with that ****ing great alsatian inside the house
going bananas at anyone stupid enough to try it.

Why are people scared of dogs?

Why are people scared of mice, spiders, snakes etc ?

Spiders are disgusting,

Only if you are neurotic about spiders.

More legs than body, simply wrong.

No reason to be scared of them.

I'm more disgusted than scared.

No reason to be disgusted either.

More leg than body, that's simply wrong.

Our ****ing great huntsmans that can be as big as your hand
are quite interesting. I had one as pet when I was a kid.

YUCK!

I just squash the redbacks. Let the daddy long legs do their thing.

I do fly spray the bugger that insists on living in my car wing
mirrors, but that's because its web is a nuisance there.

I hoover up spiders and other insects, then seal the end of the pipe. By the time the bag is emptied, they're all dead.

Ever had one enter your mouth while you're sleeping?

I don't sleep with my mouth open.

How do you know?

I don't get a dry mouth.

Saliva.

I don't snore either.

Neither do I, I was told I don't. But observing if someone sleeps with their mouth open would be unusual.

I'd rather they didn't exist on the planet.

They likely feel the same way about you.

That's their problem. I can stand on them and kill them. I am superior.

Cant stand on daddy long legs, they are up at ceiling level.

That's what the hoover is for. We have tool use.

a lot of snakes are poisonous.

Hardly any of them are.

Prove it.

Look at the stats.

Actually ALL snakes are venemous.

Pigs arse they are. Pythons kill by
wrapping themselves around the prey.

They're still venemous.

It's the way we evolved presumably.

Same reason most cats are scared of cucumbers etc.

I tried that with mine, all 5 did nothing.

Sure, but yours are clearly damned weird. Not one of the cats
in those videos of Dave's do anything like yours do with cat flaps.

And mine aren't stupid enough to react to a dead vegetable.

But clearly some are.

I tried 6 cats!

Sure but they are so inbred that they are barking mad.

Jumping at a cucumber is mad. Mine don't do that, so they're more sensible.

Those youtube videos arent faked.

Probably American cats, they're probably as stupid as the people.

Neither are dave's cat flap videos.

Pretty easy to kill/stun/scare off a dog using a heavy implement.

You wont do that with the big dogs.

A rock slammed into their face would stop them.

Nope, you'd get savaged picking up the rock.

I'd like to see them try.

Plenty of crims not only see them try, they feel them do it.

Then their reactions are slower than mine.

Nope, you don't have a ****ing clue how those dogs operate.

Never had a problem with people's big dogs here, including ones I've been told will remove my hand. On several occasions I've been caught petting a huge dog and the owner comes running out worried I'm going to get injured.

[...]

They should learn what glass is long before they're walking about on their own. My parrots don't fly into the window....

All that does is make the next generation even more useless than the
current one.

We do in fact do a lot better than cave men did.
They couldn't drive cars and fly planes etc.

They probably could if they existed.

Nope, we know they can't because people showed up in
them with the few remaining savages and found they couldn't.

Someone in our society who had never driven a car couldn't ether. Just watch a learner driver get in a car for the first time.

The most stupid in PNG ended up with a full religion with the
silly buggers praying to skys for more stuff to show up in a plane.

Anyone religious is stupid. The world is still full of them.

[...]

How do you guys get enough drinking water? Do you have desalination plants?

[...]

Trump and BNP are getting there.

--
5 Brits were injured last year in accidents involving out of control Scalextric cars.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

From what I've heard they seem to concentrate on the easy **** like
[...]

Hmm, Trump is a God lover.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bod" wrote in message ...

[snip]
Trump and BNP are getting there.

FYPFY
Hmm. Trump is a God, lover.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-04-22, Bod wrote:

[608 lines snipped]

Hmm, Trump is a God lover.

FFS, 608 lines quoted for a 5 word response?

Then snip it yourself and stop expecting others to do it for you.

--
Reboot - to kick a computer in such a way that it turns off and then on again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 03:09:20 +0100, Rod Speed

From what I've heard they seem to concentrate on the easy **** like
[...]

So was Hitler, but he still managed to get rid of a load of competing god lovers.

--
Reboot - to kick a computer in such a way that it turns off and then on again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 16:18:20 +0100, Richard wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message ...

Trump and BNP are getting there.

FYPFY

Fonded Yowling Paraded Fisherman Yarning?

--
I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. It's because I hate plants.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message

En el artÃ*culo
,
escribió:

[...]

There you go then, your neighbours don't seem to have a problem with free roaming dogs.

--
Los Angeles's full name is €œEl Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la
Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula€ and can be
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message ...

Trump and BNP are getting there.

FYPFY

Fonded Yowling Paraded Fisherman Yarning?

Five Yogurt Pots for You?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message ...

Trump and BNP are getting there.

FYPFY

Fonded Yowling Paraded Fisherman Yarning?

Five Yogurt Pots for You?

What, without the yogurt?!

--
All this "expressionism" in art, personally I think things ought to look like things. To me it's fairly easy to
tell what the artists are trying to say with their smears and swirls -- they're trying to say they can't paint worth a damn.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message ...

Trump and BNP are getting there.

FYPFY

Fonded Yowling Paraded Fisherman Yarning?

Five Yogurt Pots for You?

Fist your Poo Flue Yeah?

--
€œSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€

Dennis Miller

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message ...

Trump and BNP are getting there.

FYPFY

Fonded Yowling Paraded Fisherman Yarning?

Five Yogurt Pots for You?

What, without the yogurt?!

That would be FFYPFY...Five Full Yogurt Pots For You.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message ...

Trump and BNP are getting there.

FYPFY

Fonded Yowling Paraded Fisherman Yarning?

Five Yogurt Pots for You?

Fist your Poo Flue Yeah?

That would explain this guy's problem:
http://www.justanswer.com/hvac/1l9p0....html?rpt=1022
"Why is there a sewage smell in my furnace when turned on?"

--
In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well the empty ones are no ****ing use.

--
Do not adjust your mind - the fault is with reality.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 01:27:32 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 20:16:58 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 22:58:07 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 01:03:44 +0100, Rod Speed

news On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 23:58:55 +0100, wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:40:31 +0100, Bod
wrote:

On 17/04/2017 18:15, Rod Speed wrote:
Mike Tomlinson wrote
tim... wrote

to come back when called, not so

All the kittens with the exception of one now come when called.

They don't even recognise their own name.
It's a real rocket scientist cat that can do that.
They actually come when you make noises that indicate food is
being
served.

I have 5 cats. If I yell one of their names, that one and that
one
only
will run out of the cat flap. Mind you, maybe it realises it's
the
one
that was misbehaving.

Yep, nothing to do with its name, everything to do with
your tone of voice and what it knows its been up to.

You can prove that trivially any time by
shouting YOU ****ER instead of its name.

Dogs are just as stupid, they don't come to their owner if they
don't
feel
like it.

Depends on the dogs. You'll never get cats to respond
to the commands of their owners like the best of the
herding dogs do. They don't ever ignore their owners.

One thing cats are no good at is learning simple physical activities.

Dunno, that russian circus fella clearly knows how to do that.

Not clear how long it took him to get them to do that stuff tho.

Like opening a cat flap. You just push. There's no complicated
handles
or catches, but every single bloody time they stroke it, claw at it,
try
to rub it different ways....

Cant say I have ever had cat that does that.

50% of cats I've had do that.

Presumably those in your area are ****ed in the head that way.

Maybe. Most Scots are thick.

The other stupid thing they do is two try to go through at once, which
usually results in the destruction of the catflap.

Wouldn't happen with one I made.

Very big flap?

Nope, one made from a sheet of 1/8" sheet of aluminium
with a rod welded to the top edge that acts as the hinge.

Coupla cats trying to get thru that a once wouldn't damage it.

Don't they have to be see-through so the cat can tell it can get through? The commercial ones are all made of transparent plastic.

The standard size happens to fit nicely where one pane of glass was in the
door.

There is no pane of glass in Daves door.

And the panes of glass in my patio doors are 4'x7'6"

That would be an enormous catflap. No wonder you get burglars.

But it's a lot easier to train a cat or kitten to use a litter tray
than a dog.

Interesting Mike's latest that his are already so
instinctive that they swarm to the tray when
he puts clean litter in it and have a **** fest.

You'd never get puppys doing that.

Or my cats. If the litter tray is not there or full, they **** in the shower. They do seem to know that ****ting on the carpet will make me very angry.

Presumably because they are a lot more fussy than dogs.

What revolts me is my cat eats her kittens ****.

Plenty of dogs eat their own ****.

That makes them even stupider.

Its got nothing to do with intelligence, they evolved
like that. Just like cats did with kitten ****.

Eating a waste product is not a good idea.

--
I lost the trivia contest at the church social last night by one point.
The last question was: "Where do most women have curly hair?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 01:34:52 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 20:08:27 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 02:17:39 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 01:26:19 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 00:00:01 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 22:29:00 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

My ****ing great alsatian left that for dead.

He'd jump up and nip you on the cheek as a greeting.

Trouble is that he'd do that with visitors who showed up enough
too
and
it was very difficult to predict when he was going to decide that
they
were welcome visitors and do it for the first time with a
particular
visitor. With a huge great dog like that, it could give them a
bit
of
fright.

If he never harms anyone, what's the problem?

No problem, its just better if the more timid
of the visitors don't get an unpleasant surprise.

Nah, it teaches them not to be afraid of dogs.

It doesn't teach them anything, those who are afraid of dogs
are even more afraid of dogs after that, because they decide
that they are even less predictable than they thought.

That's their problem.

It is indeed, but I'd prefer to not have them **** their pants at my
place.

Humans are bigger and more intelligent than dogs. Being afraid of
them
is
pathetic.

You'd be afraid of him when he's well away.

One party trick was to look out the kitchen window and
say to the dog 'some burglar is stealing your BONES'

He'd go absolutely ****ing bananas.

I tried to get someone to go out in the backyard in that situation,
I recon I would have stopped if I had told him to, but no one was
ever game to try it, even those who knew a lot about dogs.

Huge great dog, massive across the chest and quite
spectacular when going absolutely ****ing bananas.

I used to have one Italian neighbour who used to borrow garden tools.
As
with most dogs, mine went ****ing bananas when he showed up, because
he
was obviously terrified of dogs. Wasn't long before he wasn't even
game
to knock on the door and ask to borrow anything.

Oh dear. I have no problem with any dog. Very few attack me.

I've only been bitten twice, once when I was still a young
kid wandering around the lion cages when the circus was
in town. I didn't even notice that there was a dog chained
up under one of the cages until it bit me on the leg.

Those that do get my foot in their face.

That would be a great way to end up ****ed over very comprehensively
indeed if you were ever actually stupid enough to try it with mine.

There's a reason the cops use them and not one crim ever
gets away with doing something like that with those.

We can use tools, they can't.

Have fun finding a tool other than a gun that works I that situation.

And it would need to be a shortened shotty too.

Brick, stone from a rockery....

Wouldn't work, you'd get savaged trying to find the brick or rock.

I can find it with a quick glance. Most gardens have rocks.

--
Are part-time bandleaders semi-conductors?
Only if they've had a sex-change. Then they're trans-sisters.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

That's a different situation, everything the camera
can see is all moving in the same way all the time.

So the camera could just ignore the centre.

Nope, because if it makes the background stable the center
would move around just as much as the background currently
does

It should make them both move around half what they currently do.

Not possible for the reason I spelt out later and you have now deleted.

I never delete the last five levels, try to make your point quicker. It's very easy to move the whole image electronically so the background moves half of what it currently is, and that movement is passed onto the person's head.

and would be even worse to watch because what you
want to watch is whats in the center.

No you don't. For example in the video we just watched, it's the animal
we're interested in.

Yes, but when that moves around more
than it currently does, that's worse.

Its never going to be feasible to eliminate the problem
with optical stablisation, it has to be physical.

That wouldn't be any different to what you objected to above.

Yes it is, because there would be no background movement with
that approach. You only get background movement when the
camera moves.

With a perfect physical stabiliser, the background would be stationary,

Yes.

and the person would move around.

Not when it tracks the person and lion.

Not possible if the person is moving relative to the lion.

--
Confucius say: "Man who run in front of car get tired"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

It stops them burning other houses down because
they believe they are infested with demons too.

We don't put them all in loony bins. We have one
'homeless' fella who is notorious in this town, you
see him walking around talking to himself quite a
bit. He gets a loaf of bread from a supermarket that
I usually visit after the garage sale run and one time
he was quite literally barking at the top of his voice
as he walked away with his loaf of bread in his hand.

From what I've heard they seem to concentrate on the easy **** like
speeding motorists.

They didn't with this one and caught her quite quickly.

99.99999% of alarms are false.

It isnt as high as that with most of the neighbours.

It is here.

I don't believe that.

I must hear one every couple of weeks. Yet only two burglaries in 17
years.

So it isnt just your cats that are barking
mad, its all your neighbours too.

No, it's the alarms that are ****.

Annoying alarms with no burglar in sight.

Sure, most of ours are too, but nothing like that high a percentage.

People have motion/vibration sensors, probably picking up a cat through
the window or a bird hitting the window.

Our are mostly PIRs in the house.

Which will see movement of a cat.

Not with the best of the dual mode ones that
can work out the sized of what they see move.

If I call the police they don't care.

I go and check myself to see if it's a false alarm or not.

I don't, unless it's 3am, then I go and find out who I'm to yell at when
they return home.

I usually don't bother to ring the neighbour when their
system false alarms, he can see it on the alarm system
when he gets home and can see that I checked that it was
a false alarm from the camera footage that he checks now.

First question they ask is "can you see a burglar". If not, they
don't
bother coming out.

And that is the sensible way to operate.

Most burglars would hide out of sight if they saw someone looking.

Not even possible with my neighbour's place.

Must be a small place if they can't hide.

Nope, just nowhere to hide with the way I check everything.
Massive great pool and the immense shed take up most of
the backyard. There the fence down the side of the house is
about 6' from the side of the house and is one obvious place
to hide, but I always go down there because it's the obvious
place to try to jemmy a window where no one can see you.

The windows on the other side open onto the massive great
carport that is in front of the massive great brick garage and
anyone trying to jemmy one of those windows can be seen
from the street doing that.

It's up to us to take the alarm off the wall with a brick.

Ours time out. It's a legal requirement.

Legal requirement here, but there's a loophole. After 15 minutes it
must
shut off, but it's allowed to start again something like 5 minutes
later!

Yeah, ours do too, but they don't usually false alarm again immediately.

The ones here seem to run again and again until someone shuts them off.

Stupid design. None of ours do that.

They should sound for 15 minutes, then stop forever until they're reset.

Ours don't have to stop forever, they are welcome
to go off again if there is another alarm trigger.

I have had the neighbours one do that the one time, forget what the
problem was, think one of the PIRs inside the house failed or something.

Alarms are a ****ing nuisance.

But do get the neighbours here checking when
they go off because we all know each other very
well indeed some of us for over 50 years now.

And here we realise that the electronics are too sensitive and have
probably detected a cat touching a pane of glass.

It was like that for a while, but retweeking the system fixed that.

Clearly installers or DIYers here are too stupid to do that.

He wasn't. Not that cheap to get it retweeked tho.

They aren't exactly complicated devices,

They are for that sort of false triggering in unusual situations.

could do it themselves ffs.

He's very capable with machinery and pumped irrigation, he's
the mega farmer, but doesn't know much about electronics.

Anyway, even if each alarm that's installed gives only one false alarm
before being tweaked, that is WAY too much noise pollution. It's an
extremely irritating sound.

I'm not that obsessive. I'd rather they didn't ever false alarm,
but given that we have all been burgled at one time, I don't
mind having to put the phone in my pocket, wander around
their place checking if it's a false alarm and yawning when it is.

Didn't even mind it going off all thru the night the one time.

ALL NIGHT?! That would drive me insane enough to beat the **** out of the
fool that owned the alarm.

Yes, you are that loony.

I'd be so ****ed off I wouldn't care if I was done for assault.

Yes, you are that loony.

No system is ever perfect.

Which is why they shouldn't have them at all.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

The last time the grandkids had been there for a birthday party.
Everyone
had left and after a few days the helium had leaked out of a balloon up
on the ceiling and it drifted down to the floor and set the alarm off.

Which only goes to show alarms are not intelligent enough for their
task.

Sure. But it isnt economically practical to have a system
that allows for stuff like that with residential houses.

You don't see the banks systems false triggering with stuff like that.

Banks have a lot to lose. The extremely minor chance of losing a TV is
not enough to have an alarm.

You don't just lose the TV. And you don't lose the TV much anymore,
they're not exactly portable anymore and the stupid druggys that are
doing the burglarys don't have any way of moving stuff that big around.

On one other occasion you could see where someone had tried
to jemmy a window and had got scared off by the alarm and had
put a chair against the back fence and gone over it on the way out.

I doubt a burglar would run away from an alarm here as nobody looks.

Bet they would keep an eye out for someone looking.

If the burglar is in the living room with the curtains shut, nobody can
see them.

I can see how they got into the house.

On another occasion the crim was visible on the surveillance
cameras that were installed after the previous incident.

Cameras are a much better idea than alarms. They don't wake everyone
up.

But don't warn the burglar off

They do if they're visible.

Nope, his a visible and gets the at least one fool trying it anyway.

You should also have hidden ones viewing the visible ones, so they can get
done for breaking them.

Only if they can be identified from the footage.
That's hardly ever true.

and are mostly pretty useless for putting the druggy burglar in jail.

A picture of him in the act of stealing is enough evidence.

Only if you can work out who it was.

Even with retail shops, the burglars usually have enough of
a clue to cover their faces with a balaclava etc so the footage
doesn't see one of the local cops say "that's that bugger fred
again" and frog march him off to the magistrate.

Burglary must be a big business over there.

Nope.

Here it's just a few idiots that aren't bright enough to cover their
faces.

Yep, yours are all morons. Our arent.

And even if that's possible, he'll have flogged the stuff
to his drug dealer before the cops can find him anyway.

Legalise drugs, remove the problem.

Have fun listing even a single modern first or
second world country that has gone that route.

[...]

No reason to be disgusted about that.

Our ****ing great huntsmans that can be as big as your hand
are quite interesting. I had one as pet when I was a kid.

YUCK!

You're actually terrified of them, like stupid women and mice.

I just squash the redbacks. Let the daddy long legs do their thing.

I do fly spray the bugger that insists on living in my car wing
mirrors, but that's because its web is a nuisance there.

I hoover up spiders and other insects, then seal the end of the pipe. By
the time the bag is emptied, they're all dead.

I don't bother to hoover at all, complete waste of time.

Ever had one enter your mouth while you're sleeping?

I don't sleep with my mouth open.

How do you know?

I don't get a dry mouth.

Saliva.

Not if you're sleeping with your mouth open.

I don't snore either.

Neither do I, I was told I don't. But observing if someone sleeps with
their mouth open would be unusual.

Not with viable parents it isnt.

I'd rather they didn't exist on the planet.

They likely feel the same way about you.

That's their problem. I can stand on them and kill them. I am
superior.

Cant stand on daddy long legs, they are up at ceiling level.

That's what the hoover is for. We have tool use.

Stupid waste of my time. I've got much better things to
do that hoover up spiders because I am terrified of them.

a lot of snakes are poisonous.

Hardly any of them are.

Prove it.

Look at the stats.

Actually ALL snakes are venemous.

Pigs arse they are. Pythons kill by
wrapping themselves around the prey.

They're still venemous.

Nope.

It's the way we evolved presumably.

Same reason most cats are scared of cucumbers etc.

I tried that with mine, all 5 did nothing.

Sure, but yours are clearly damned weird. Not one of the cats
in those videos of Dave's do anything like yours do with cat flaps.

And mine aren't stupid enough to react to a dead vegetable.

But clearly some are.

I tried 6 cats!

Sure but they are so inbred that they are barking mad.

Jumping at a cucumber is mad.

Sure, its likely some evolutionary quirk.

Mine don't do that, so they're more sensible.

Too stupid to even notice the cucumber more likely.

Those youtube videos arent faked.

Probably American cats, they're probably as stupid as the people.

Neither are dave's cat flap videos.

Pretty easy to kill/stun/scare off a dog using a heavy implement.

You wont do that with the big dogs.

A rock slammed into their face would stop them.

Nope, you'd get savaged picking up the rock.

I'd like to see them try.

Plenty of crims not only see them try, they feel them do it.

Then their reactions are slower than mine.

Nope, you don't have a ****ing clue how those dogs operate.

Never had a problem with people's big dogs here, including ones I've been
told will remove my hand.

You've never come across the ones trained to go after crims.

Sure, most dog owners don't have a ****ing clue about dogs.

[...]

Not that it isnt hard to try walking thru a massive great patio door.

My parrots don't fly into the window....

I regularly get birds trying to fly thru mine, mainly because the
main room has 5 massive great 8'x8' patio doors, 2 on one side
and 3 on the other.

[...]

I'm in an irrigation area. The water is collected in the Snowy Scheme
which has immense dams and it comes from there thru the existing
rivers and we use it from there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowy_Mountains_Scheme

Do you have desalination plants?

Some of the capital citys do. They don't produce
most of the water for those capital citys tho.

[...]

Nope, nothing even remotely like it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

From what I've heard they seem to concentrate on the easy **** like
[...]

Like hell he was.

but he still managed to get rid of a load of competing god lovers.

And then they got rid of him.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

[...]

Some of them do actually. One just had their cat killed by a roaming Husky.

Another is so ****ing stupid she carrys a whip with her whenever she goes
out walking and doesnt dare to move more than a couple of blocks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Sheet of 1/8" perspex would survive 2 cats trying to get thru at once too.

[...]

Works fine for cats and dogs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The problem isnt finding the rock, its not getting savaged picking it up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 22:18:23 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

I will have 5 on sale in 2 months :-)

--
I imposed a declaration in opposition to your motion to modify the preliminary injunction in support of the cross motion to vacate the preliminary injunction. So noted by the Federal Court of Justice proceeding preliminary declaration.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Then why are the commercial ones made so?

The commercial ones are all made of transparent plastic.

Sheet of 1/8" perspex would survive 2 cats trying to get thru at once too.

Commercial ones are not that tough.

[...]

Does it? We live longer and are more intelligent.

--
My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 22 April 2017 22:36:37 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Yeah, I'm getting fed up of all the off-topic off-topic stuff. Can we get back to the on-topic off-topic stuff!

I will have 5 on sale in 2 months :-)

But we haven't been following their progress quite as much.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

A well trained dog will grab it and rip it off.