Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More of Mikes kittens

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 13:33:33 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 13:18:37 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:39:23 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:05:19 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 02:45:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 03:14:53 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Or for pursuing criminals who are running away from
the cops either. Corse a ****ing great alsatian is likely
to be a seen as a tad more threatening by the average
running crim too.

I'm pretty certain a similarly sized lion/tiger would be considered more threatening.

;-)

That could work as long as the handler wore armour, had the beast on a
(long / strong) lead and the laws on keeping dangerous animals was
changed to allow the Police animals to actually kill crims (as I'm not
sure the recall command would work as well on a lion as it would on a
dog). ;-)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/10...rning-hug.html

Sorry, was there a point to that?

Clearly it is possible to train lions.

And you would be the perfect person to test just how reliable that
relationship becomes in the real world. ;-)

You might be right, most animals like me. I've been warned on several occasions that someone's dog will bite me, then they wonder why it's letting me pet it. I also bought a scarlet macaw which was violent and would bite her owner's ear. He was shocked to see it sat on my shoulder cuddling me.

--
If there's a fire why not just open the fire exit to let it out?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:43:16 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:16:28 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 16/04/2017 17:28, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 15:56:02 +0100, ARW

snip what I assume to be cat crap unread/seen

Mark it OT ffs mate else real men might have their brains mushed. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. OOI, do you also spam everyone in your address book with 'jokes'
and cat related / girly stuff? ;-)

Was the subject line not clear enough for you to understand?

Well, yes, but 'the point is that we normally request that anything
that is so completely and utterly off topic (amongst 'geezers'
especially) as pictures of f'in cats is marked as such. Not my rules
mate.

More importantly he missed out an apostrophe in the subject line!

--
In 1999 the creators of KY Jelly created a new product. It was called "Y2K Jelly." It allowed you to get four digits in your date instead of two.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 10:51:54 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 03:24:44 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
news On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 23:58:55 +0100, wrote:
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:40:31 +0100, Bod wrote:
On 17/04/2017 18:15, Rod Speed wrote:
Mike Tomlinson wrote
tim... wrote

junk snipped. Last time I took part in a cat v dog debate I was about 9 years old.

Adults can't discuss the merits of different pets? What's wrong with you?

--
What if there is air in space, and the government doesn't want us to escape?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 23:58:55 +0100, wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:40:31 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 17/04/2017 18:15, Rod Speed wrote:
Mike Tomlinson wrote
tim... wrote

to come back when called, not so

All the kittens with the exception of one now come when called.

They don't even recognise their own name.
It's a real rocket scientist cat that can do that.
They actually come when you make noises that indicate food is being
served.

I have 5 cats. If I yell one of their names, that one and that one
only
will run out of the cat flap. Mind you, maybe it realises it's the
one
that was misbehaving.

Yep, nothing to do with its name, everything to do with
your tone of voice and what it knows its been up to.

You can prove that trivially any time by
shouting YOU ****ER instead of its name.

Dogs are just as stupid, they don't come to their owner if they don't
feel
like it.

Depends on the dogs. You'll never get cats to respond
to the commands of their owners like the best of the
herding dogs do. They don't ever ignore their owners.

My cats are about as obedient as the average dog.

Maybe, but not as obedient as the best of the working dogs.

In spades at long distances like the NZers do with their huntaways.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntaway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDOx_O5zb2Q
That has a clear example of just one dog recognising its name.

And they don't make a noise

Corse they do when ****ing each other.

Every cat noise is a tenth of the volume of dog noises.

And the ones that people have savaged by cutting off their reproductive organs don't ****.

--
What if there is air in space, and the government doesn't want us to escape?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2017 09:47, D i m wrote:

the decency to mark such a
blatantly off topic post as OT

That's rich, coming from you who posts his Linux problems here and drags
up Brexit at every available opportunity. Plus loads of
incomprehensible pseudo-scientific bull**** about left brain, right
brain whenever anyone dares disagree with you.

Hypocritical, much?

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

One thing cats are no good at is learning simple physical activities. Like opening a cat flap. You just push. There's no complicated handles or catches, but every single bloody time they stroke it, claw at it, try to rub it different ways.... Just walk through damn it!

--
If you lose your keys, attempt to drown yourself in a basin of water. Your life will flash before your eyes. Eventually you'll remember the part where you last had your keys.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 15:47:51 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 18/04/2017 15:40, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 05:36:23 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 13:18:09 UTC+1, Chris Bartram wrote:

I'll agree that really it should have been OT, but it's pretty obvious
you'll find nothing of interest there, huh?

If he couldn't work out that 'kittens' was OT

What the left brainers often can't comprehend is that many people
don't necessarily mark their threads literally and so any links
contained within *could* still be DIY related (like the picture of a
kitten (supposedly) holding an electric drill or something equally
sad). If they didn't they would have been marked OT eh?

he should stick to discussing things with Rod, Wilkinson and the whiskied bloke.

IYHO I'm guessing?

See, sometimes even the trolls, nutters and whisky soaked come up with
something interesting or funny (unlike the Linux geeks who never do)
and that's why I don't use a kilfile (and never have).

Right brainers have the ability to choose what to read and who to
ignore and do so based on such fuzzy logic that would have a Linux
geek / left brainer frothing (more) at the mouth. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Same here, I've never even considered using a killfile.

Don't either of you get fed up of reading through 20 posts to find 1 that's interesting? It would be like watching every single TV program instead of selecting them based on title.

--
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca the Younger 4 b.c.- 65 a.d.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2017 15:40, T i m wrote:
[...]

Not even for Stve Punder? (Spelt incorrectly or it'll trigger my own killfile).

--
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca the Younger 4 b.c.- 65 a.d.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2017 15:40, T i m wrote:
[...]

Why would I read every post that doesn't interest me, that would be
silly. I just look for a subject/topic that I want to read.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

he should stick to discussing things with Rod, Wilkinson and the
whiskied bloke.

IYHO I'm guessing?

See, sometimes even the trolls, nutters and whisky soaked come up with
something interesting or funny (unlike the Linux geeks who never do)
and that's why I don't use a kilfile (and never have).

Right brainers have the ability to choose what to read and who to
ignore and do so based on such fuzzy logic that would have a Linux
geek / left brainer frothing (more) at the mouth. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Same here, I've never even considered using a killfile.

Not even for Stve Punder? (Spelt incorrectly or it'll trigger my own
killfile).

Killfiling someone is akin to sticking your fingers in your ear and
reciting "ner ner de ner ner". Very childish, IMO.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2017 15:40, T i m wrote:
[...]

But within that topic, half of the responses will be from idiots.

--
Mrs. Culpepper was almost in tears. "Oh Marie," she said to her maid, "I have reason to suspect that my husband is having an affair with his secretary."
"I don't believe it for one minute." Marie snapped. "You're just saying that to make me jealous."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 16:03:30 +0100, Bod wrote:

he should stick to discussing things with Rod, Wilkinson and the
whiskied bloke.

IYHO I'm guessing?

See, sometimes even the trolls, nutters and whisky soaked come up with
something interesting or funny (unlike the Linux geeks who never do)
and that's why I don't use a kilfile (and never have).

Right brainers have the ability to choose what to read and who to
ignore and do so based on such fuzzy logic that would have a Linux
geek / left brainer frothing (more) at the mouth. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Same here, I've never even considered using a killfile.

Not even for Stve Punder? (Spelt incorrectly or it'll trigger my own
killfile).

Killfiling someone is akin to sticking your fingers in your ear and
reciting "ner ner de ner ner". Very childish, IMO.

No, it's allowing you to read the interesting posts without having to sift through the garbage. Imagine your Sky box could automatically remove soaps/whatever you're not interested in form the planner.

--
Mrs. Culpepper was almost in tears. "Oh Marie," she said to her maid, "I have reason to suspect that my husband is having an affair with his secretary."
"I don't believe it for one minute." Marie snapped. "You're just saying that to make me jealous."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Another stupid thing half my cats do is: they won't eat a quarter full bowl of meat. They just stare at it and whine at me as though it must be full.

--
If you lose your keys, attempt to drown yourself in a basin of water. Your life will flash before your eyes. Eventually you'll remember the part where you last had your keys.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 03:07:52 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 01:01:14 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 08:51:37 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 17/04/2017 18:15, Rod Speed wrote:
Mike Tomlinson wrote
tim... wrote

to come back when called, not so

All the kittens with the exception of one now come when called.

They don't even recognise their own name.
It's a real rocket scientist cat that can do that.
They actually come when you make noises that indicate food is being
served.

Can dogs walk a tightrope?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlKYtLlvRlU

They don't climb trees very well either.

Luckily, dogs rarely need (or want) to do either ... nor therefore
waste the Fire Brigades time getting rescued when they get stuck.

They can find people on mountains

And are much better for drug sniffing and finding corpses too.

What do you have against drugs?

I don't. Its those who train the dogs to do that that do.

They also have currency sniffing dogs that somehow
manage to work out if you have a lot of currency or
whether its just sort of quantity that most have.

Dunno how well they work with our entirely plastic
currency now tho.

Is your plastic currency as bad as ours? It won't lay flat. If you're trying to count many notes, they retain the curve from being folded in people's wallets and keep falling onto the floor.

--
Is it just a coincidence that Christianity and insanity end with the same letters?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-04-18, Bod wrote:
On 18/04/2017 15:40, D i m wrote:

[27 lines snipped]

Same here, I've never even considered using a killfile.

That's because, like Dim, your time is utterly worthless.

Your ego is showing.

--
Why do sailors have tattoos on their backs?
So their shipmates will have something to read.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-04-18, Bod wrote:

[17 lines snipped]

Not even for Stve Punder? (Spelt incorrectly or it'll trigger my own
killfile).

Killfiling someone is akin to sticking your fingers in your ear and
reciting "ner ner de ner ner". Very childish, IMO.

Do you imagine this posturing makes you look superior in some
way?

Your whole attitude is as such.

--
You can't polish a turd, but it's funny as **** watching someone try.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Nightjar wrote
wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote
T i m wrote

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:54:33 +0100, ARW
wrote:

Coincidence. I've just had 5. Keeping one, the other four selling
for £50 each. They can pay for their own food.

You have trained 4 cats to go shopping?

He said 'cats' mate, not dogs. ;-)

"Trained cats ..." Bwhahahahaha!!!

They're as easy to train as dogs actually.

Then you wont have any difficulty posting video
of one of yours trained to round up sheep.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...th-Africa.html

Those arent trained pussy cats....

It does demonstrate that herding sheep needs a larger cat than a house
cat.

I bet there is no herding instinct with house cats either,
just like there isnt with plenty of dog breeds.

There clearly is a herding instinct with lions, you can see
that any time with the best of the wildlife docos.

You wouldn't use a Yorkshire Terrier to herd sheep either.

If you look at some of the zoo programmes on TV, you will see that most
animals, including big cats, are remarkably willing to be trained to do
things like present a body part for inspection or to take a blood sample.

Sure, but I bet house cats don't have any real instinctive herding
behaviour.

With the best of the dog breeds, the buggers even herd little kids in the
backyard.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On 17/04/2017 18:15, Rod Speed wrote:
Mike Tomlinson wrote
tim... wrote

junk snipped. Last time I took part in a cat v dog debate I was about 9
years old.

Obvious lie. You just did, liar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bod" wrote in message
On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 02:45:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 03:14:53 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Or for pursuing criminals who are running away from
the cops either. Corse a ****ing great alsatian is likely
to be a seen as a tad more threatening by the average
running crim too.

I'm pretty certain a similarly sized lion/tiger would be considered more
threatening.

;-)

That could work as long as the handler wore armour, had the beast on a
(long / strong) lead and the laws on keeping dangerous animals was
changed to allow the Police animals to actually kill crims (as I'm not
sure the recall command would work as well on a lion as it would on a
dog). ;-)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/10...rning-hug.html

My ****ing great alsatian left that for dead.

He'd jump up and nip you on the cheek as a greeting.

Trouble is that he's do that with visitors who showed up enough too
and it was very difficult to predict when he was going to decide that
they were welcome visitors and do it for the first time with a particular
visitor. With a huge great dog like that, it could give them a bit of a
fright.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 02:45:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 03:14:53 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Or for pursuing criminals who are running away from
the cops either. Corse a ****ing great alsatian is likely
to be a seen as a tad more threatening by the average
running crim too.

I'm pretty certain a similarly sized lion/tiger would be considered
more threatening.

;-)

That could work as long as the handler wore armour, had the beast on a
(long / strong) lead and the laws on keeping dangerous animals was
changed to allow the Police animals to actually kill crims (as I'm not
sure the recall command would work as well on a lion as it would on a
dog). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/10...rning-hug.html

Cool.

Is it just me, or do cameras mounted on someone so they stay still and the
surroundings move seem rather odd?

Yeah, the worst of them can make you a bit sea sick.

But there isnt any feasible alternative when there is
no camera operator to keep tracking what matters.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

And they don't bark at passes by either.

And the ones that people have savaged by cutting off their reproductive
organs don't ****.

They still make a noise when they come across another
cat they hate, or another animal they are warning off.
You can see plenty of that in the youtube someone
posted with them doing it with bears and foxes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 22:29:00 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
[...]

If he never harms anyone, what's the problem?

--
The Artist Formerly Known As Prince has a new album out.
It's called "The Songs Formerly Known As Hits."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
[...]

Could have some kind of fancy gyroscopic thing or an electronic alternative to make the camera stay still.

--
What's the best form of birth control after 50?
Nudity.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes my cats hiss at other cats, but they don't bark bark bark all ****ing day like my neighbour's dogs. And he had the cheek to report me for noisy parrots. His complaint failed, as by law the council had to tell me they were going to make a recording, so I put them indoors :-)

--
There are two sides to every divorce:
Yours and the stupid idiot's.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Dunno, that russian circus fella clearly knows how to do that.

Not clear how long it took him to get them to do that stuff tho.

Like opening a cat flap. You just push. There's no complicated handles
or catches, but every single bloody time they stroke it, claw at it, try
to rub it different ways....

Cant say I have ever had cat that does that.

Just walk through damn it!

Didn't some of Dave the drunk's cats do that ?

But it's a lot easier to train a cat or kitten to use a litter tray than a
dog.

Presumably because they are a lot more fussy than dogs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

You certainly have weird cats. Never had a cat that operated like that
either.
Neither do the neighbours cats I used to feed while they were away for the
winter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 15:57:38 +0100, Bod wrote:

snip

Why would I read every post that doesn't interest me, that would be
silly. I just look for a subject/topic that I want to read.

+1

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-04-18, Bod wrote:

[17 lines snipped]

Not even for Stve Punder? (Spelt incorrectly or it'll trigger my own
killfile).

Killfiling someone is akin to sticking your fingers in your ear and
reciting "ner ner de ner ner". Very childish, IMO.

Do you imagine this posturing makes you look superior in some
way?

Your whole attitude is as such.

Hey, he's not happy, so you can't really blame him.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
[...]

Trouble is that he'd do that with visitors who showed up enough too and
it was very difficult to predict when he was going to decide that they
were welcome visitors and do it for the first time with a particular
visitor. With a huge great dog like that, it could give them a bit of a
fright.

If he never harms anyone, what's the problem?

No problem, its just better if the more timid
of the visitors don't get an unpleasant surprise.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
[...]

Trouble is that it then wouldn't be looking at
what the wearer of the camera is looking at.

That's the whole point of those action cameras, they track
what the person whose head its attached to is looking at
and that does usually produce the best result, even if it
does have the downside of making some a bit seasick.

The big professional shoulder mounted
cameras the pros use do produce a much
better result, but cost a hell of a lot more too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, that's a massive downside with dogs, particularly
the ones that just bark because they are bored out of
their minds with the owner at work etc.

Mine never did that but would bark at any
visitors even if the one visitor showed up say
10 times in the one day for some reason as
they keep borrowing stuff to do some diy etc.

And a ****ing loud bark too. One time I was over at
the shops around the corner which must be atleast
500m or more away and it was perfectly obviously
that a visitor had showed up at my place.

And he had the cheek to report me for noisy parrots.

Yeah, they can be quite noisy. I have a long run of very
big gum trees etc down the 100' long side of the house
and we get big swarms of galahs, 50-100 birds in the
flock, show up and all camp overnight in my trees,
jabbering away to each other about the state of my jungle.

Can be interesting when you walk out of the
house and the entire crew all take off at once.

And **** all over my car.

His complaint failed, as by law the council had to tell me they were going
to make a recording, so I put them indoors :-)

That's when he poisoned the cats and they ended up so weird }-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:05:19 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
[...]

It can look the same way, just reduce the wobble.

--
When you want a man to play with you, wear a full-length black nightgown with buttons all over it.
Sure it's uncomfortable, but it makes you look just like his remote control.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
[...]

Nah, it teaches them not to be afraid of dogs.

--
When you want a man to play with you, wear a full-length black nightgown with buttons all over it.
Sure it's uncomfortable, but it makes you look just like his remote control.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 03:24:33 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

You seem to lend a lot of tools.

And a ****ing loud bark too. One time I was over at
the shops around the corner which must be atleast
500m or more away and it was perfectly obviously
that a visitor had showed up at my place.

Remote burglar alarm. Or burrrrglarrr alarrrrrum as they say in Glasgow.

And he had the cheek to report me for noisy parrots.

Yeah, they can be quite noisy. I have a long run of very
big gum trees etc down the 100' long side of the house
and we get big swarms of galahs, 50-100 birds in the
flock, show up and all camp overnight in my trees,
jabbering away to each other about the state of my jungle.

I blocked off my bedroom window with sound insulation so I can't hear the neighbours when I'm in bed.

I was thinking your head. I once had a seagull **** in some chips I'd just bought.

His complaint failed, as by law the council had to tell me they were going
to make a recording, so I put them indoors :-)

That's when he poisoned the cats and they ended up so weird }-(

I didn't have them at that point. Another neighbour has reported me to the SSPCA for having "15 underfed cats breeding out of control". They came round and found 5 cats well looked after. I told them to fine them for wasting the charity's time, but apparently it happens all the time and they don't care?

--
The average speed of a boy's ejaculation is 28 miles (45.05 km) per hour.
The average speed of a city bus is 25 miles (40.22 km) per hour.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

My next door neighbour has fallen in love with them and half their food comes from her. Suits me as it saves me a lot of money.

--
For the really paranoid who want to destroy data there's nothing like taking the lid off the disk drive and rearranging the sectors with a hammer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-04-18, Bod wrote:

[17 lines snipped]

Not even for Stve Punder? (Spelt incorrectly or it'll trigger my own
killfile).

Killfiling someone is akin to sticking your fingers in your ear and
reciting "ner ner de ner ner". Very childish, IMO.

Do you imagine this posturing makes you look superior in some
way?

Your whole attitude is as such.

Hey, he's not happy, so you can't really blame him.

Why is he not happy?

--
Marital Status: Not Good
Wife's Name: Plaintiff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
[...]

Trouble is that there isnt the room for a decent gyro stablised
system in a head mounted camera and you'd need an external
power pack with its associated cabling even if it was possible.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 18/04/2017 11:00, T i m wrote:
[...]

It doesn't teach them anything, those who are afraid of dogs
are even more afraid of dogs after that, because they decide
that they are even less predictable than they thought.

I used to have one Italian neighbour who used to borrow garden
tools. As with most dogs, mine went ****ing bananas when he
showed up, because he was obviously terrified of dogs. Wasn't
long before he wasn't even game to knock on the door and ask
to borrow anything.