Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tag teamin' kittens

Its baby kitten season at the farm. So far, three momma cats and nine baby
kittens.

"Wild Thing" and "Cally Dee" have done something we've not seen before. They
put their litters together in a real nice spot in the corner of the barn.
Then they take turns nursing the combined litters and hunting.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
Its baby kitten season at the farm. So far, three momma cats and nine baby
kittens.

"Wild Thing" and "Cally Dee" have done something we've not seen before.
They put their litters together in a real nice spot in the corner of the
barn. Then they take turns nursing the combined litters and hunting.

Karl

That's amazing! What is the disposition of the babies? I wish I was
closer, my girls could use some company.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 24 May 2009 05:54:36 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"
scrawled the following:

Its baby kitten season at the farm. So far, three momma cats and nine baby
kittens.

"Wild Thing" and "Cally Dee" have done something we've not seen before. They
put their litters together in a real nice spot in the corner of the barn.
Then they take turns nursing the combined litters and hunting.

spark, fume, huff
I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it...

Yes I am.

GOT BURLAP?

sigh

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 24 May 2009 05:54:36 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"
scrawled the following:

Its baby kitten season at the farm. So far, three momma cats and
nine baby kittens.

"Wild Thing" and "Cally Dee" have done something we've not seen
before. They put their litters together in a real nice spot in the
corner of the barn. Then they take turns nursing the combined
litters and hunting.

spark, fume, huff
I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it...

Yes I am.

GOT BURLAP?

sigh

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------

You ass , cats on a farm are a GOOD THING. They keep the rodent population
down . Or would you rather eat grain and produce that's contaminated with
rat pee ?
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

spark, fume, huff
I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it...

Yes I am.

GOT BURLAP?

sigh

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------

The cats are my better half's thing. I'm not going to ask her to choose
between cats and me. I do tease her about her future though. Every so often
you hear about a senile old lady with 100 cats in the house. I figure about
25 years till she makes headlines.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That's amazing! What is the disposition of the babies? I wish I was
closer, my girls could use some company.

Right now, they are just cuddly little fur balls, only two weeks old.
Personalities soon emerge though. My wife is a PKT (Professional Kitten
Tamer). its her job to tame all kittens so we can give them away. You
wouldn't believe the number of cats that people said were wild and
untouchable that she walked right up to. She met her match with "Wild
Thing". That cat was hissing and biting from day one. It will take a piece
of smoked mackerel out of your hand but then immediately runs away. OTOH, we
have one named Socks that wants to be petted more than any dog.

BTW, all the cat names have meaning, "Wild Thing" won't be tamed. Cally Dee
is the fourth calico (Cally, Cally Bee, Cally Cee). Guess why we have an
Orange Ena. I don't have time to write all the variations of Tiger.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You ass , cats on a farm are a GOOD THING. They keep the rodent population
down . Or would you rather eat grain and produce that's contaminated with
rat pee ?
--
Snag

The food inspector came once and seen all the cats in the back of the barn.
She has no authority over that area (Dept. of Agriculture) but said
something about being sure to never let a cat in the sales room. I said,
"those are working cats, they kill all the vermin. Which would you rather
have?" She did NOT appreciate the point to say the least.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 24 May 2009 05:30:53 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 24 May 2009 05:54:36 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"
scrawled the following:

Its baby kitten season at the farm. So far, three momma cats and nine baby
kittens.

"Wild Thing" and "Cally Dee" have done something we've not seen before. They
put their litters together in a real nice spot in the corner of the barn.
Then they take turns nursing the combined litters and hunting.

spark, fume, huff
I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it...

Yes I am.

GOT BURLAP?

sigh

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------

No..but Ive got bullets. In a box marked For Use Only On Cat Haters.

Big ones. Nice and blunt with a big hole in the front..

Want a couple?

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 24 May 2009 07:37:49 -0500, the infamous "Terry Coombs"
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 24 May 2009 05:54:36 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"
scrawled the following:

Its baby kitten season at the farm. So far, three momma cats and
nine baby kittens.

"Wild Thing" and "Cally Dee" have done something we've not seen
before. They put their litters together in a real nice spot in the
corner of the barn. Then they take turns nursing the combined
litters and hunting.

spark, fume, huff
I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it...

Yes I am.

GOT BURLAP?

sigh

You ass , cats on a farm are a GOOD THING. They keep the rodent population
down . Or would you rather eat grain and produce that's contaminated with
rat pee ?

Unchecked littering and rampant feral populations are -not- good
things, snag.

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 24 May 2009 10:18:32 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"
scrawled the following:

spark, fume, huff
I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it...

Yes I am.

GOT BURLAP?

sigh

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------

The cats are my better half's thing. I'm not going to ask her to choose
between cats and me. I do tease her about her future though. Every so often
you hear about a senile old lady with 100 cats in the house. I figure about
25 years till she makes headlines.

Nah, not with two females to start, ten more at the first litters, and
running exponentially from there. I give her 4 years, including the
natural fallout figures. Just Say SPAY!

The lady who used to live next door to me had 13 cats. She took only 6
when she moved. Some are still peeing on my shrubbery, marking their
territory. I _used_ to like cats, even though I'm slightly allergic to
'em. sigh

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

Rampant feral cat population isn't a problem in MN.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

What would you name my two? They are sisters, black, green eyes and a
small patch of white on their chests. When we got them at the pound, their
plastic collars had a number and "A" and "B" and somebody wrote "Ava" and
"Bessa". after tossing away a few ideas like "Scratch" and "Sniff", we just
kept "Ava" and "Bessa". They actually respond to their names!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

And exactly what did Karl say to give you the idea this was unchecked
littering of a feral population ? While I didn't get the impression that
these were house pets , I also got the idea that they were not feral . Karl
mentioned somewhere that his wife has taken on the job of making sure these
cats are comfortable with humans . His exact words : "My wife is a PKT
(Professional Kitten Tamer). Its her job to tame all kittens so we can give
them away." .
Now the cats my neighbor feeds WOULD qualify as feral , IMO . Scraggly ,
unapproachable by humans , and they roam loose in the neighborhood getting
into trash cans .
--
Snag
every answer

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 00:59:28 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

So, you admit to the rampant feral cat population but not to it being
a problem?

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 05:55:19 -0500, the infamous "Terry Coombs"
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

As soon as all the males in that new population get old enough to hump
something, they'll be creating their own new populations with whatever
un-neutered and feral cats that are within range. It's what he didn't
say. And the fact that both his cats got pregnant at the same time
indicates that he's never neutered his pets. shrug

When I'm king, pets (aka "slaves") will be outlawed. I've seen far
too much abuse by the vast majority of pet owners and experienced
losses to the feral populations of dogs and cats to like any of it.
Gunner and Karl are probably good pet owners, but neither has kept
their populations in check. To me, that's shameful and saddening.
deep sigh

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

words : "My wife is a PKT (Professional Kitten Tamer). Its her job
[...]

I can see that your reading comprehension isn't the best , you refuse to
understand the information in front of you . Unfortunately , this condition
is all too prevalent in the population .
Perhaps you should discard some preconceived ideas , and make room for
facts to filter in ..."Knowing a thing is the surest bar to learning" .
And this will be my last comment to you - enjoy your stay in my bozobin
with TMT and that other troll .
--
Snag
every answer

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Rampant feral cat population isn't a problem in MN.

So, you admit to the rampant feral cat population but not to it being
a problem?

Winter likely cures it just like in northern michigan.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 02:42:22 -0400, "Buerste" wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
tanews.com...

[...]

Sounds like they are smart enough to keep as house pets.

Good job

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 06:55:27 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Gunner and Karl are probably good pet owners, but neither has kept
their populations in check. To me, that's shameful and saddening.
deep sigh

In check? I INTENTIONALLY breed companion animals for others.

Generally I have a 90% adoption want list, before I ever let them boink

AS far as cats go...they keep winding up at my house. This week, the ex
went outside to check the mail..and found a big box on the front porch.
Inside was a very nice and tame momma kitty and 5 kittens (albeit hot
and thirsty) and a note "moving back to Mexico, cannot take the kitties"
all done in a neat mexican script.

Ill take the kittens to LA in a month and try to adopt them out.

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 May 2009 02:42:22 -0400, "Buerste" wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
ctanews.com...

[...]

They really are good cats. They're very affectionate and I often end up
wearing a "Kitty Stole", with the motor running, while sitting at my desk.
It's hard to believe their bloodlust. Roger calls them "Alpha" and "Bravo".
Can't take them home, they have work to do...and an old dog rules the house.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
wrote:

Gunner and Karl are probably good pet owners, but neither has kept
their populations in check. To me, that's shameful and saddening.
deep sigh

In check? I INTENTIONALLY breed companion animals for others.

Generally I have a 90% adoption want list, before I ever let them boink

AS far as cats go...they keep winding up at my house. This week, the ex
went outside to check the mail..and found a big box on the front porch.
Inside was a very nice and tame momma kitty and 5 kittens (albeit hot
and thirsty) and a note "moving back to Mexico, cannot take the kitties"
all done in a neat mexican script.

Ill take the kittens to LA in a month and try to adopt them out.

Gunner

There are as many good homes as there are critters, it's about putting them
together.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

If they were males, you could go with Pete and Repeat
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

When I'm king, pets (aka "slaves") will be outlawed. I've seen far
too much abuse by the vast majority of pet owners and experienced
losses to the feral populations of dogs and cats to like any of it.
Gunner and Karl are probably good pet owners, but neither has kept
their populations in check. To me, that's shameful and saddening.
deep sigh

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------

Friends on the farm always had trouble keeping ENOUGH cats around -
and on the odd occaision when they did have a few more than they
needed, as soon as they got rid of a few, they'd loose half of the
rest to something or another. Now that the cattle are gon and the
kittens don't get stepped on they have less trouble, but still do not
have too many. (six or eight cats on a farm with 2 barns is definitely
NOT too many.)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 09:16:50 -0500, the infamous "Terry Coombs"
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

If you're still listening, hear this: "Like I'll miss ya..."

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 13:42:11 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

Gunner and Karl are probably good pet owners, but neither has kept
their populations in check. To me, that's shameful and saddening.
deep sigh

In check? I INTENTIONALLY breed companion animals for others.

You've admitted to having had at least two unexpected and unwanted
litters in the past few years, Gunner, from animals you had intended
to have fixed. IIRC, yer Ex was behind one of 'em. Googlit if you
can't remember.

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 15:22:27 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Rampant feral cat population isn't a problem in MN.

So, you admit to the rampant feral cat population but not to it being
a problem?

Winter likely cures it just like in northern michigan.

I'm sure the feral dogs and coyotes also take their share, but that
wasn't the point.

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner and Karl are probably good pet owners, but neither has kept
their populations in check. To me, that's shameful and saddening.
deep sigh

In check? I INTENTIONALLY breed companion animals for others.

You've admitted to having had at least two unexpected and unwanted
litters in the past few years, Gunner, from animals you had intended
to have fixed. IIRC, yer Ex was behind one of 'em. Googlit if you
can't remember.

Yes. And I gave them all away to those on my list. Except for
Sandy..she was to go to a machinist in Costa Mesa California...who wound
up getting his girl friend with child and after putting me off for 4
months...passed on the dog.

Now I have two in the truck all the time. Woody is everyones friend,
and gets bored easily. Sandy hangs around me all the time. She isnt a
cuddler, but comes over, waits to get loved, then goes back 5-10' away
and watches me work.

As to the two unwanted/unexpected litters, indeed I did. Not that I
didnt have people on the list..but the pups were unexpected and a few
folks were rushed. Not something I like to do.

So the pups were 5-6 months early. Shrug Id rather the old momma only
had one litter a year. Those times, she had 2.

Gunner

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Nah, not with two females to start, ten more at the first litters, and
running exponentially from there. I give her 4 years, including the
natural fallout figures. Just Say SPAY!

The lady who used to live next door to me had 13 cats. She took only 6
when she moved. Some are still peeing on my shrubbery, marking their
territory. I _used_ to like cats, even though I'm slightly allergic to
'em. sigh

Larry,

I agree with you to the point that in suburbia one ought to limit the cat
population to two per household and spaying is a great idea. But Gunner and
Karl live in rural environments and as such are not really the problem you
perceive in your neck of the woods. Farm cats are there to control the
unwanted rodents and are likely to earn there keep. The cat ladies are a
problem that has nothing to do with farm cats. On the farm the cat
populations tend to self regulate.

--
Roger Shoaf

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Rampant feral cat population isn't a problem in MN.

So, you admit to the rampant feral cat population but not to it being
a problem?

Winter likely cures it just like in northern michigan.

I'm sure the feral dogs and coyotes also take their share, but that
wasn't the point.

There was a kerfuffle not long ago in Wisconsin (which has winter)
about dealing with feral cats. I don't recall the details. In MN
their legal status is as varmints, no closed season. Perhaps in
addition to feral dogs and coyotes they fall prey to feral
Minnesotans...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

Interesting article in current "Scientific American" on how, when and
why cats became domesticated animals.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

I admit to nottink until waterboarded.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 24 May 2009 21:36:40 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[...]

That is very easily fixed. Think tulip-eating rabbits, air rifle,
nature's natural cycle... cat feeds shrubbery etc.

Neighbor Con busted a woodchuck today with my air rifle. Chucks can
do serious damage to gardens and landscaping. They're tough and
sturdy critters for an air rifle but Con made a good shot.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 22:27:45 -0700, the infamous "Roger Shoaf"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

Nah, not with two females to start, ten more at the first litters, and
running exponentially from there. I give her 4 years, including the
natural fallout figures. Just Say SPAY!

The lady who used to live next door to me had 13 cats. She took only 6
when she moved. Some are still peeing on my shrubbery, marking their
territory. I _used_ to like cats, even though I'm slightly allergic to
'em. sigh

Larry,

I agree with you to the point that in suburbia one ought to limit the cat
population to two per household and spaying is a great idea. But Gunner and
Karl live in rural environments and as such are not really the problem you
perceive in your neck of the woods.

I'd purely -hate- to be Gunner's closest neighbor, with a dozen
barking dogs 30 feet away. They "welcomed" me loudly when I visited
him. Karl sounds like the most rural of the 3 of us.

As to not being a problem, "They're just cats." doesn't cover it.
Please view these links I found Googling "feral cat damage". (3 from
the first 6 the first page of Google's 84,200 hits.)

http://www.extension.org/pages/Feral...age_Assessment

http://icwdm.org/handbook/carnivor/FeralHouseCat.asp
"Feral cats produce 2 to 10 kittens during any month of the year. An
adult female may produce 3 litters per year where food and habitat are
sufficient. Cats may be active during the day but typically are more
active during twilight or night. House cats live up to 27 years. Feral
cats, however, probably average only 3 to 5 years. They are
territorial and move within a home range of roughly 1.5 square miles
(4 km2). After several generations, feral cats can be considered to be
totally wild in habits and temperament."

Karl's 2 female cats can produce up to 60 kittens per _year_.
Scary, wot?

http://www.thepetcenter.com/imtop/speaker3.html

Farm cats are there to control the
unwanted rodents and are likely to earn there keep. The cat ladies are a
problem that has nothing to do with farm cats. On the farm the cat
populations tend to self regulate.

I'm 3-1/2 miles from the city limits of the vast metropolis known as
Grants Pass, population 30k. Next to me, on 12 acres, are 5 steers
every couple years. Behind me are 2-4 horses on 4 acres. Across the
street is a small orchard on 2 acres. Next to me are two barking dogs
too many.

So I'm rural, too. Kitty (yes, the cat lady's actual name) lived where
the dogs do now.

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 26 May 2009 01:00:54 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

wrote:

[...]

Hmm, I'm digging out a couple stumps now. There'd be empty holes.
Hmm...

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tag teamin' kittens FOLLOW UP

Its baby kitten season at the farm. So far, three momma cats and nine baby
kittens.

"Wild Thing" and "Cally Dee" have done something we've not seen before.
They put their litters together in a real nice spot in the corner of the
barn. Then they take turns nursing the combined litters and hunting.

The tag team is breaking down. Cally Dee lounges on the deck in the sun all
day, doing nothing. Reminds me of some ethnic groups I won't identify.

karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 26 May 2009 07:25:23 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 25 May 2009 22:27:45 -0700, the infamous "Roger Shoaf"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

5 is not a dozen. And I have a lot fewer neighbors these days.
Like...none within 300 feet.

[...]

So you dont like dogs OR cats.

Thanks for that bit of honesty and a look into your world view.

So I'm rural, too. Kitty (yes, the cat lady's actual name) lived where
the dogs do now.

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Its baby kitten season at the farm. So far, three momma cats and nine
baby
kittens.

"Wild Thing" and "Cally Dee" have done something we've not seen before.
They put their litters together in a real nice spot in the corner of the
barn. Then they take turns nursing the combined litters and hunting.

The tag team is breaking down. Cally Dee lounges on the deck in the sun
all
day, doing nothing. Reminds me of some ethnic groups I won't identify.

karl

Retired guys?

Retired Finnlanders. VBG

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 26 May 2009 11:02:34 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

[...]

5 is not a dozen.

OK, so it sounded like a dozen. in chorus sigh

And I have a lot fewer neighbors these days.
Like...none within 300 feet.

Wow, the little babe (coke ho?) across the street is gone, too? Damn!
Did the vicious Code Enforcement Officer see to most of these
removals?

I'm 3-1/2 miles from the city limits of the vast metropolis known as
Grants Pass, population 30k. Next to me, on 12 acres, are 5 steers
every couple years. Behind me are 2-4 horses on 4 acres. Across the
street is a small orchard on 2 acres. Next to me are two barking dogs
too many.

So you dont like dogs OR cats.

Thanks for that bit of honesty and a look into your world view.

Hey, I love quiet dogs, but most (99%) aren't quiet. Inside cats are
fine, but I'm allergic, so...

-