Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More of Mike's kittens

ARW wrote

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8852.PNG

Funky haircut.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8843.JPG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8849.JPG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8841.JPG

Yeah, Zeke does look pretty aggressive.

Cuter than a cute thing in a cute basket.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 2 April 2017 19:20:01 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8852.PNG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8843.JPG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8849.JPG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8841.JPG

Cuter than a cute thing in a cute basket.

.... not that that's news. Maybe we need a kittens category on wiki.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 17:31:41 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, 2 April 2017 19:20:01 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8852.PNG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8843.JPG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8849.JPG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8841.JPG

Cuter than a cute thing in a cute basket.

... not that that's news. Maybe we need a kittens category on wiki.

NT

restringing violins?

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 3 April 2017 08:43:25 UTC+1, Graham. wrote:
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 17:31:41 -0700 (PDT), tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 2 April 2017 19:20:01 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8852.PNG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8843.JPG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8849.JPG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8841.JPG

Cuter than a cute thing in a cute basket.

... not that that's news. Maybe we need a kittens category on wiki.

NT

restringing violins?

I thought that was sheep.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 17:31:41 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, 2 April 2017 19:20:01 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8852.PNG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8843.JPG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8849.JPG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8841.JPG

Cuter than a cute thing in a cute basket.

... not that that's news. Maybe we need a kittens category on wiki.

Agreed, anywhere but here.

OOI, I wonder if it's only those who have had their brains turned to
mush by some accidental exposure to cats (some time in the future we
will probably work out it's some form of mind control / cat borne
parasite that does this to 'real men' g) and of what percentage here
actually find such things any more 'cute' than any other mammal
(especially) baby? If they actually aren't (and I don't believe they
are), how come this d-i-y newsgroup isn't littered (excuse the pun)
with pictures of other baby mammals, typically the most commonly kept
as a 'companion animal' in the UK, the dog? Maybe the non brain mushed
can show some constraint? ;-)

I believe I've already suggested the reason, a feline version of the
Jedi mind control, something most effective on those weak of mind of
course. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Sister came round yesterday with their remaining (rescue) whippet
and we introduced it to our daughters rabbits who were out in their
run. I think the rabbits can 'sense' when a true predator is around as
one hopped up to the wire and rabbit and whippet were nose to nose for
a few seconds and neither seemed particular perturbed or bothered
about the other. Apparently the whippet went to chase sisters runner
duck when it saw it loose in the garden for the first time and a firm
'no' was all it took to stop it (now the whippet takes no notice and
is in fact 'seen off' by the duck). That's not that it couldn't
dispatch the duck pretty quickly if it wanted of course, just that it
is keen to please it's mistress and so doesn't.

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 3 April 2017 12:25:34 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
Does 'no' typically work on a cat

No :-)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 3 April 2017 13:24:47 UTC+1, wrote:
On Monday, 3 April 2017 12:25:34 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
Does 'no' typically work on a cat

No :-)

Owain

It doesn't work on people that post drivel about cats either.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
[...]

Doesn't typically work with most dogs when
they are in a fight with another dog either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2017 19:59, Rod Speed wrote:
snip

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

Doesn't typically work with most dogs when
they are in a fight with another dog either.

Maybe not, (and you mean 'aggressive' - out_of_control / poorly trained
dogs) but the point was that the chances are it wouldn't work on most
cats under most circumstances.

Definition for something that is nearly impossible ... 'it's like
herding cats' ...

Cheers, T i m

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2017 12:25, T i m wrote

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

You mean having it's dinner?

Of course your dog only eats animal products from a tin, animals that
have no doubt been raised and slaughtered in a loving and caring way.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2017 21:19, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
T i m wrote:
wrote:
On Monday, 3 April 2017 12:25:34 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
Does 'no' typically work on a cat

No :-)

Owain

It doesn't work on people that post drivel about cats either.

Quite, but it's like I said, the contact with cats has turned their
brains to mush. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

+ 1

Well I mean ... big hairy d-i-y / angle grinder wielding 'geezers'
fawning over pictures of kittens ffs.

We will get pictures of their 'My little Pony' collections next. ;-)

Real MEN do not keep cats.

Well, I think I understand from the catists here that few people 'keep
cats' (unless it's an 'indoor cat') but that the cats just keep them
around to service their needs.

OOI, I wonder how many (men) here actually went out and got their cats
themselves (rather then becoming a an owner by chance etc) or if they
actually only became involved by marriage etc? You know, the Mrs gets a
cat, your brain turns to mush and you think it's yours. ;-)

We (the first wife and I) only got our first (rescue) dog because she
said the doctor said she couldn't have children. Turns out she was never
told any such thing and she went on to have 3 children (and I'll not
speak ill of the dead).

Cheers, T i m

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
news
On 03/04/2017 19:59, Rod Speed wrote:
snip

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

Doesn't typically work with most dogs when
they are in a fight with another dog either.

Maybe not,

No maybe about it.

(and you mean 'aggressive' - out_of_control / poorly trained dogs)

Nope.

but the point was that the chances are it wouldn't work on most cats under
most circumstances.

Doesn’t work with most dogs in most circumstances
when they get into a dog fight either.

Definition for something that is nearly impossible ... 'it's like herding
cats' ...

You clearly havent tried herding dogs either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:
[...]

So she didn’t want yours. Understandable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2017 21:01, ARW wrote:
On 03/04/2017 12:25, T i m wrote

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

You mean having it's dinner?

I have been informed by catists that their 'companion animals' (that are
rarely there) often bring dead animals in and don't eat them, preferring
their pouch of Scottish farmed salmon or factory reared rabbit.

Of course your dog only eats animal products from a tin, animals that
have no doubt been raised and slaughtered in a loving and caring way.

Yes, the would have been quickly slaughtered (often for us), not
tormented to death over a long period of time. It's not to do with what
is done, it's how it's done.

We recently rescued a mouse from a neighbours cat that it had been
'playing with' for some time. Kill it and / or then eat it.

We were also taught as kids it wasn't good to play with our food and
even worse to torment / torture animals (like some other animals do,
like killer whales do with seals).

But then thy aren't generally kept as domestic pets ... ;-)

If you want to see pest control being done quickly and efficiently,
check Youtube for (Jack Russell typically) terriers and ratting.

Cheers, T i m

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 3 April 2017 20:31:14 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
Well I mean ... big hairy d-i-y / angle grinder wielding 'geezers'
fawning over pictures of kittens ffs.

This is the 21st century. We've overcome outdated prejudices of what being a 'geezer' involves.

We will get pictures of their 'My little Pony' collections next. ;-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24939873

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 03 Apr 2017 21:01:18 +0100, ARW wrote:

On 03/04/2017 12:25, T i m wrote

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

You mean having it's dinner?

Of course your dog only eats animal products from a tin, animals that
have no doubt been raised and slaughtered in a loving and caring way.

It's infested with cats round here, so I bought a Patterdale Terrier to
keep the stinky little bags of **** out of my garden. I haven't seen a
cat in my garden since I got the dog - well, not a whole cat, anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 21:58:39 -0000 (UTC), Steve
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Apr 2017 21:01:18 +0100, ARW wrote:

On 03/04/2017 12:25, T i m wrote

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

You mean having it's dinner?

Of course your dog only eats animal products from a tin, animals that
have no doubt been raised and slaughtered in a loving and caring way.

It's infested with cats round here, so I bought a Patterdale Terrier to
keep the stinky little bags of **** out of my garden. I haven't seen a
cat in my garden since I got the dog - well, not a whole cat, anyway.

;-)

It's 'natures way'. ;-)

Now all our dogs are all gone we have a similarly effective cat
deterrent in the form of a PIR triggered water cannon. ;-)

I saw some bloke and his two lads wandering about in our front garden
the other day looking under around our stuff in a very suspicious way.
Then he pulled a packet of cat food out of his packet and shook it and
I was quite expecting to see a cat burst out of the wall (like the TV
advert). I'm guessing it must have come out as they all walked back to
their house a few doors along.

I can't remember in all the years we have had dogs in the family (55)
*ever* having to go onto someone else's property to recover them.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 08:09:06 UTC+1, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
This is the 21st century. We've overcome outdated prejudices of what being a
'geezer' involves.

Oh dear, D i m is so insecure and repressed he feels the need to prove
his macho credentials.

Real men love rubbing their faces in warm pussy fur.

I'll say no more.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03-Apr-17 10:08 PM, T i m wrote:
On 03/04/2017 21:01, ARW wrote:
On 03/04/2017 12:25, T i m wrote

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

You mean having it's dinner?

I have been informed by catists that their 'companion animals' (that are
rarely there) often bring dead animals in and don't eat them, ...

That is usually a female cat that has noticed that its human isn't
hunting, so it brings in prey for it to practice on, just as it would
for its kittens.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 09:40:23 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

On 03-Apr-17 10:08 PM, T i m wrote:
On 03/04/2017 21:01, ARW wrote:
On 03/04/2017 12:25, T i m wrote

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

You mean having it's dinner?

I have been informed by catists that their 'companion animals' (that are
rarely there) often bring dead animals in and don't eat them, ...

That is usually a female cat that has noticed that its human isn't
hunting, so it brings in prey for it to practice on, just as it would
for its kittens.

I saw something somewhere how you are supposed to deal with that so
they learn to not do it again (some cat whisperer type logic)?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 18:00:49 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 04/04/2017 11:52, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 00:34:20 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 08:09:06 UTC+1, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
This is the 21st century. We've overcome outdated prejudices of what being a
'geezer' involves.
Oh dear, D i m is so insecure and repressed he feels the need to prove
his macho credentials.

Real men love rubbing their faces in warm pussy fur.

I'll say no more.

Best not but on that we can especially agree. ;-)

I wonder (outside of Adam of course) how many of the catists get the
other sort of action?

You can picture the likes of Tomlinson, sitting alone but surrounded
by cats and Linux terminal windows. ;-)

Actually I cannot picture that.

Of course you can't, your brain has now been cat mushed. ;-)

However my past is catching up with me.

I cannot say where I am working but one of the top brass came onto site
today (basically to choose the colour the walls were to be painted[1]).

When she was introduced to me there was a bit of a silence. So she is
now married and is still very attractive, slim with long red hair - just
like she was back in 1996 when she was 17 and I took her to London for
the weekend.

Sweet.

[1] women get the most important jobs:-)

The general manager at my last job was also a very, tall, slim and fit
(she used to go to the gym every day before work) woman.

For some strange reason, when I turned up on my first day she greeted
me with a big open armed 'Tim!' and we hugged ... and that was how it
was from then on (for 7 years). Initially I thought that was her std
MO but it turns out it wasn't ... not that I was complaining of course
.... ;-)

Happy memories ... sigh

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/04/2017 06:50, Rod Speed wrote:

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news

Real MEN do not keep cats.

Adam does and is much more of a real man than you are.

Pounder is under the impression that poisoning cats makes you a real man.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
On 04/04/2017 06:50, Rod Speed wrote:

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news

Real MEN do not keep cats.

Adam does and is much more of a real man than you are.

Pounder is under the impression that poisoning cats makes you a real
man.

I've never said that.
Did I tell you that the catman next door laughed in my face when I casually
mentioned his stinking cats ****ting in my garden?
Did I tell you that he said, "That is the way it goes mate".
I spent money trying to stop his stinking cats ****ting in my garden.
Nothing worked.
He no longer has stinking cats.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/04/17 11:53, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 09:40:23 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

On 03-Apr-17 10:08 PM, T i m wrote:
On 03/04/2017 21:01, ARW wrote:
On 03/04/2017 12:25, T i m wrote

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

You mean having it's dinner?

I have been informed by catists that their 'companion animals' (that are
rarely there) often bring dead animals in and don't eat them, ...

That is usually a female cat that has noticed that its human isn't
hunting, so it brings in prey for it to practice on, just as it would
for its kittens.

I saw something somewhere how you are supposed to deal with that so
they learn to not do it again (some cat whisperer type logic)?

Cheers, T i m

Allegedly not shout at them in case they think it's not sufficient, and
bag something bigger.