Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default More of Mike's kittens

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 17:31:41 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, 2 April 2017 19:20:01 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8852.PNG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8843.JPG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8849.JPG
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8841.JPG

Cuter than a cute thing in a cute basket.

... not that that's news. Maybe we need a kittens category on wiki.

Agreed, anywhere but here.

OOI, I wonder if it's only those who have had their brains turned to
mush by some accidental exposure to cats (some time in the future we
will probably work out it's some form of mind control / cat borne
parasite that does this to 'real men' g) and of what percentage here
actually find such things any more 'cute' than any other mammal
(especially) baby? If they actually aren't (and I don't believe they
are), how come this d-i-y newsgroup isn't littered (excuse the pun)
with pictures of other baby mammals, typically the most commonly kept
as a 'companion animal' in the UK, the dog? Maybe the non brain mushed
can show some constraint? ;-)

I believe I've already suggested the reason, a feline version of the
Jedi mind control, something most effective on those weak of mind of
course. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Sister came round yesterday with their remaining (rescue) whippet
and we introduced it to our daughters rabbits who were out in their
run. I think the rabbits can 'sense' when a true predator is around as
one hopped up to the wire and rabbit and whippet were nose to nose for
a few seconds and neither seemed particular perturbed or bothered
about the other. Apparently the whippet went to chase sisters runner
duck when it saw it loose in the garden for the first time and a firm
'no' was all it took to stop it (now the whippet takes no notice and
is in fact 'seen off' by the duck). That's not that it couldn't
dispatch the duck pretty quickly if it wanted of course, just that it
is keen to please it's mistress and so doesn't.

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

Doesn't typically work with most dogs when
they are in a fight with another dog either.