Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More of Mike's kittens

On 04/04/2017 21:08, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
On 04/04/2017 06:50, Rod Speed wrote:

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news

Real MEN do not keep cats.

Adam does and is much more of a real man than you are.

Pounder is under the impression that poisoning cats makes you a real
man.

I've never said that.

Did I tell you that the catman next door laughed in my face

You ought to used to it, most people do.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 19:35:40 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Or course she is now too old for me.

What's her annual income after tax?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
On 04/04/2017 06:50, Rod Speed wrote:

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message news
Real MEN do not keep cats.

Adam does and is much more of a real man than you are.

Pounder is under the impression that poisoning cats makes you a real
man.

I've never said that.

Did I tell you that the catman next door laughed in my face

You ought to used to it, most people do.

Try that reply again in English.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 21:12:58 +0100, Chris Bartram
wrote:

On 04/04/17 11:53, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 09:40:23 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

On 03-Apr-17 10:08 PM, T i m wrote:
On 03/04/2017 21:01, ARW wrote:
On 03/04/2017 12:25, T i m wrote

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

You mean having it's dinner?

I have been informed by catists that their 'companion animals' (that are
rarely there) often bring dead animals in and don't eat them, ...

That is usually a female cat that has noticed that its human isn't
hunting, so it brings in prey for it to practice on, just as it would
for its kittens.

I saw something somewhere how you are supposed to deal with that so
they learn to not do it again (some cat whisperer type logic)?

Cheers, T i m

Allegedly not shout at them in case they think it's not sufficient, and
bag something bigger.

Probably not.

I can't remember what you were supposed to do but in cat logic it
means 'I don't need any more dead animals thanks'.

Talking of dead animals, I went round a mates this afternoon and on
the way some stupid cat ran out in front of me and then just froze in
the middle of the road. If it wasn't for the fact I expect to come
across cats in the road (rarely any other animals, especially dogs)
and that I was going fairly slowly I was able to stop before it lost
all 7 of it's lives in one go. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03-Apr-17 10:08 PM, T i m wrote:
On 03/04/2017 21:01, ARW wrote:
On 03/04/2017 12:25, T i m wrote

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

You mean having it's dinner?

I have been informed by catists that their 'companion animals' (that are
rarely there) often bring dead animals in and don't eat them, ...

That is usually a female cat that has noticed that its human isn't
hunting, so it brings in prey for it to practice on, just as it would
for its kittens.

I saw something somewhere how you are supposed to deal with that so
they learn to not do it again (some cat whisperer type logic)?

I have seen it suggested that you swap the body for a catnip toy when
the cat isn't looking. The theory being that, eventually, the cat will
start to bring you the toy instead. It is not something I have tried.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 3 April 2017 21:19:24 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
T i m wrote:
On 03/04/2017 19:46, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
T i m wrote:

Well I mean ... big hairy d-i-y / angle grinder wielding 'geezers'
fawning over pictures of kittens ffs.

We will get pictures of their 'My little Pony' collections next. ;-)

there are bronies

Real MEN do not keep cats.

No, they have plastic butterflies.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 6 April 2017 20:11:47 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
It was totally different to the official plans and of course now
everything is first fixed and the walls have been painted.

I do that too.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03-Apr-17 10:08 PM, T i m wrote:
On 03/04/2017 21:01, ARW wrote:
[...]

I have had my run of road animals hits.

A couple of dogs (both lived), a couple of cats (both dead), several
rabbits (all dead), a fox (dead) and a couple of teenagers
(unfortunately not dead).

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 21:04:46 +0100, ARW
wrote:

snip

I have had my run of road animals hits.

A couple of dogs (both lived), a couple of cats (both dead), several
rabbits (all dead), a fox (dead) and a couple of teenagers
(unfortunately not dead).

Daughter and b/f hit a small deer (Muntjac) in Scotland and killed it
outright. [1] Apart from a broken headlamp and number plate they
thought they had got away with no other damage.

When I got the chance to check it over I found the bumper (lower body
trim) had been pushed back onto the inner crumple crash bar and that
in turn was pushed back to about 6 inches to about 1/2 inch off the
radiator.

We took the crash bar off and even with two of us standing on it it
didn't give (we were replacing it of course).

Two things ... only goes so show how much damage even a small animal
can do to a car and how tough these bumpers can be in that it must
have both transferred all that impact to the crash bar behind it and
deflected a good 8+ inches as it did so but it survived the experience
with little damage itself.

Back to cats ... daughter has a laugh from her cat-brain-mushed
assistant the other day. She was stroking a cat and it seemed happy
and was purring etc. Then, for no explicable reason (apart from it
being a cat and so a c*&t), it slashed her finger with it's claw then
carried on purring ... ?

At that point I think I would have drop kicked it several gardens away
.... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] I think I understand that if you kill a wild animal like that, you
can't take it home but the car behind you can?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 7 April 2017 22:23:25 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
[1] I think I understand that if you kill a wild animal like that, you
can't take it home but the car behind you can?

Only applies if
(a) there is a car behind you; and
(b) that car is the police, factor or bailiff's

Otherwise proceed as in Gralloching 1.
http://bestpracticeguides.org.uk/guides/carcass-intro

:-)

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 01:18:09 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Friday, 7 April 2017 22:23:25 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
[1] I think I understand that if you kill a wild animal like that, you
can't take it home but the car behind you can?

Only applies if
(a) there is a car behind you; and
(b) that car is the police, factor or bailiff's

I guess I should have said 'legally'. ;-)

Otherwise proceed as in Gralloching 1.
http://bestpracticeguides.org.uk/guides/carcass-intro

'Luckily', daughters b/f at the time (and actually driving the car)
was familiar with all that sort of thing (gamekeeper, so went back and
ensured the animal was indeed dead and moved it to the side of the
road) but was also pretty sure that our (vegetarian) daughter
wouldn't appreciate the remains of said deer on her lap in the
otherwise full car for the remaining trip home. ;-(

Cheers, T i m