Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default More of Mike's kittens

On 03/04/2017 21:01, ARW wrote:
On 03/04/2017 12:25, T i m wrote

Does 'no' typically work on a cat when it's teasing a wild bird or
mouse to death?

You mean having it's dinner?

I have been informed by catists that their 'companion animals' (that are
rarely there) often bring dead animals in and don't eat them, preferring
their pouch of Scottish farmed salmon or factory reared rabbit.

Of course your dog only eats animal products from a tin, animals that
have no doubt been raised and slaughtered in a loving and caring way.

Yes, the would have been quickly slaughtered (often for us), not
tormented to death over a long period of time. It's not to do with what
is done, it's how it's done.

We recently rescued a mouse from a neighbours cat that it had been
'playing with' for some time. Kill it and / or then eat it.

We were also taught as kids it wasn't good to play with our food and
even worse to torment / torture animals (like some other animals do,
like killer whales do with seals).

But then thy aren't generally kept as domestic pets ... ;-)

If you want to see pest control being done quickly and efficiently,
check Youtube for (Jack Russell typically) terriers and ratting.

Cheers, T i m

---