Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default More of Mikes kittens

Nightjar wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Nightjar wrote
wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote
T i m wrote

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:54:33 +0100, ARW
wrote:

Coincidence. I've just had 5. Keeping one, the other four selling
for £50 each. They can pay for their own food.

You have trained 4 cats to go shopping?

He said 'cats' mate, not dogs. ;-)

"Trained cats ..." Bwhahahahaha!!!

They're as easy to train as dogs actually.

Then you wont have any difficulty posting video
of one of yours trained to round up sheep.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...th-Africa.html

Those arent trained pussy cats....

It does demonstrate that herding sheep needs a larger cat than a house
cat.

I bet there is no herding instinct with house cats either,
just like there isnt with plenty of dog breeds.

There clearly is a herding instinct with lions, you can see
that any time with the best of the wildlife docos.

You wouldn't use a Yorkshire Terrier to herd sheep either.

If you look at some of the zoo programmes on TV, you will see that most
animals, including big cats, are remarkably willing to be trained to do
things like present a body part for inspection or to take a blood sample.

Sure, but I bet house cats don't have any real instinctive herding
behaviour.

With the best of the dog breeds, the buggers even herd little kids in the
backyard.