Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More of Mikes kittens

On Thu, 04 May 2017 22:24:50 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:46:54 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Tuesday, 25 April 2017 18:09:10 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:21:31 +0100, whisky-dave

wrote:

On Sunday, 23 April 2017 19:16:52 UTC+1,
wrote:
On Sunday, 23 April 2017 17:56:12 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

I'm sure they have the ability to prioritise calls

Could be an advantage if they are already out on call means they habve
their gear on the the engine is on the road.

Rubbish. Otherwise they'd move the fire station to that place and
leave
their gear on all day.

A mate of mines brother was a fireman he knows what he's talking about
unlike you.
Their gear is in the firestation, near where they keep the fire engines
and other appliences they use.

Your point is a load of ****e. You claim it's quicker to get to a
fire if
the engine is on the road in a random place and their gear is on. So
why
don't they just leave their gear on and park the engine in the street?

Because the cops would arrest them for wanking off in public.

Apparently wanking off in your car while driving is illegal, people get
done for that. Quite why others are peering into people's cars I don't
know. I've had a blowjob while driving.

I'm sure Peeler would be willing, or was it him after all?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

No idea who he is.

--
"Click cancel to discontinue starting" - Mac OS 9
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 May 2017 01:04:04 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 21:47:12 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 10:42:54 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 01:29:17 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 00:17:50 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
Why does the fire brigade respond to such calls, they're a FIRE
brigade,
the clue is in their name.

Because they're a fire and rescue service, and because it's more fun
driving the big nee-naw (especially when they know it's a nice easy
call-out with no smoke or deaths) than sitting in the station
polishing
their nozzles.

I've seen such rescues on TV and the person doing the rescuing often
wears thick gloves as the ungrateful / stupid cat that has been stuck
and crying for 2 days doesn't understand it's being rescued.

It doesn't need rescued, a cat can climb down aswell as up. And if it
scratches at a rescuer, it doesn't deserve rescuing.

The cat will come down of its own accord when it's ready, or the
owner
can climb the tree. I learned to climb trees when I was a child, are
you saying an adult can't do so?

Cats and children can get to different parts of trees than adults -
different power:weight ratio.

And the ability for the higher / thinner branches to support the
weight etc. Such things shouldn't really need explaining should they
unless someone has suffered 'brain mush' from contact with a cat. ;-)

So you climb as high as you can then poke at the cat with a broom.

Makes more sense to shoot it so it stops yowling.

I don't have a problem with the small amount of noise cats make.

I do when the ****ers start ****ing each other on my roof.

Cats are pretty quiet compared to any other animal including dogs.

Dogs, now they're loud.

Yeah, couple of the garage sales yesterday had neighbours
dogs that made a hell of a racket and they said that the dogs
do that all the time.

I once walked my neighbour's dog for her and it had sex with a stranger's dog. We both watched for a while then she said, "well aren't you going to stop him?!" I replied, "It's not my dog, and they seem to be having fun."

--
To determine how tightly to do up a nut, continue until you hear a crack, then back off half a turn.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 May 2017 01:06:54 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news

news On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 09:29:17 +0100, wrote:

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 00:17:50 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Why does the fire brigade respond to such calls, they're a FIRE
brigade,
the clue is in their name.

Because they're a fire and rescue service, and because it's more fun
driving the big nee-naw (especially when they know it's a nice easy
call-out with no smoke or deaths) than sitting in the station polishing
their nozzles.

Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

Nope, hardly any houses burn down and they are free to go
to the fire and leave the cat up the tree if one does catch fire.

It's still wasting their money.

Doesn't cost much more to rescue the occasional cat while
twiddling their thumbs waiting for something to catch fire.

Then they moan their wages are too low.

They would even if they didn't ever rescue any cats.

People who moan about low wages should seek work elsewhere.

--
"Politicians are interested in people. Not that this is always a virtue. Fleas are interested in dogs."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 May 2017 01:07:45 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 22:02:51 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote
wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote

Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

I'm sure they have the ability to prioritise calls

And if they're already on the cat call when they get the fire call?

They leave the cat up the tree and go to the fire.

They can rescue people from non-fires if they like, but a cat is not
worth consuming their time when a person could be in danger elsewhere.

Depends on the person.

True, but that is difficult to determine before visiting the scene.

Nope, just look up there records and notice it's the pounder
and let it die for the good of the slum he exists in.

Isn't he the only white man left there?

He's no white man, just another wog.

Pounder is white.

--
While taking down the vitals for a soon-to-be mom, I asked how much she weighed.
"I really don't know," she said.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 May 2017 01:10:05 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 22:25:27 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 20:11:57 +0100, ARW

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 07:14:36 +0100, ARW

wrote:

On 23/04/2017 04:34, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Bob Eager
escribió:

Can we have more of Mike's kittens, please?

Coming soon. Promise.

Probably for the last time.

It will be soon time for them to go to new homes (apart from the one
you
are keeping).

Book mother and daughter in for the snip at the same time, or we will
have pictures of filthy sluts grand kittens in a couple of months:-)

Why do so many people have this crazy idea that we should mutilate all
cat's genitalia? How would you feel if the government forced you to
have your testicles removed? It's barbaric.

I can use a condom.

The point is we should never remove the choice of a person (or animal).

That's just plain wrong. Pounder should have been castrated before it
could breed.

Yes but why do that to cute little cats?

Because they don't stay cute little cats for long, they
end up feral and nothing even remotely like cute.

They have as much right to this planet as us.

--
If girls had apostrophes instead of periods, they'd be even more possessive and prone to contractions.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 May 2017 21:08:48 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 20:31:21 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:21:31 +0100, whisky-dave

wrote:
On Sunday, 23 April 2017 17:56:12 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

I'm sure they have the ability to prioritise calls

Could be an advantage if they are already out on call means they habve
their gear on the the engine is on the road.

Rubbish.

Nope, he's right there, they are all dressed up
for the event when out rescuing a stupid cat.

They could just be dressed up all the time

Not practical with fire proof clothing.

So you're suggesting they put on fire proof clothing to rescue a cat just so they're ready for a fire that might happen? Instead of just putting on the clothing anyway?

if it would mean they could save lives quicker.

It wouldn't. It takes time to get to where the fire
is, run out the hoses etc. They don't tear up in the
fire engine and run inside as soon as it stope.

Please rewrite in English.

Otherwise they'd move the fire station to that place

All the cats don't end up stuck up the same tree.

There is an optimal place for the fire engines.

The reality is that the fire station stays where it was
originally built as more houses and building get built.

Stupid idea.

Not where the cat happens to be.

The difference is that the fire engine etc is already on the road.

Then leave it parked on a road.

It's also a bit of practice for new recruits. if you haventl the skills
to climb a ladder to rescue a cat you shouldn't be relied upon to
rescue humans.

Those skills are learned as a child.

No child learns how to get another child down a ladder over their
shoulder.

It's not that difficult.

Sure, but children don't learn that, even in the scouts etc.

I never got told how to use a ladder, yet I can. Funny that.

--
A woman standing nude in front of a mirror says to her husband: "I look horrible, I feel fat and ugly, pay me a compliment."
He replies, "Your eyesight is perfect."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Gerbils, rabbits, guinea pigs, fish, mice, rats etc are much quieter.

Dogs, now they're loud.

Yeah, couple of the garage sales yesterday had neighbours
dogs that made a hell of a racket and they said that the dogs
do that all the time.

I once walked my neighbour's dog for her and it had sex with a stranger's
dog. We both watched for a while then she said, "well aren't you going to
stop him?!" I replied, "It's not my dog, and they seem to be having fun."

No surprises there...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

They're too stupid to get qualified for better paid jobs.

You were too stupid to get qualified for the better
paid jobs that are available where you prefer to streak.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote
wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote

Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

I'm sure they have the ability to prioritise calls

And if they're already on the cat call when they get the fire call?

They leave the cat up the tree and go to the fire.

They can rescue people from non-fires if they like, but a cat is not
worth consuming their time when a person could be in danger
elsewhere.

Depends on the person.

True, but that is difficult to determine before visiting the scene.

Nope, just look up there records and notice it's the pounder
and let it die for the good of the slum he exists in.

Isn't he the only white man left there?

He's no white man, just another wog.

Pounder is white.

Obvious lie, we've seen the photo.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

[...]

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

I'm sure they have the ability to prioritise calls

Could be an advantage if they are already out on call means they
habve
their gear on the the engine is on the road.

Rubbish.

Nope, he's right there, they are all dressed up
for the event when out rescuing a stupid cat.

They could just be dressed up all the time

Not practical with fire proof clothing.

So you're suggesting they put on fire proof clothing to rescue a cat just
so they're ready for a fire that might happen?

Nope, that's the only clothing their employer provides.

Instead of just putting on the clothing anyway?

if it would mean they could save lives quicker.

It wouldn't. It takes time to get to where the fire
is, run out the hoses etc. They don't tear up in the
fire engine and run inside as soon as it stope.

Please rewrite in English.

It wouldn't. It takes time to get to where the fire
is, run out the hoses etc. They don't tear up in the
fire engine and run inside as soon as it stops.

Otherwise they'd move the fire station to that place

All the cats don't end up stuck up the same tree.

There is an optimal place for the fire engines.

The reality is that the fire station stays where it was
originally built as more houses and building get built.

Stupid idea.

You get to like that or lump it.

Not where the cat happens to be.

The difference is that the fire engine etc is already on the road.

Then leave it parked on a road.

Wont last long if they were stupid enough to do that.

It's also a bit of practice for new recruits. if you haventl the
skills
to climb a ladder to rescue a cat you shouldn't be relied upon to
rescue humans.

Those skills are learned as a child.

No child learns how to get another child down a ladder over their
shoulder.

It's not that difficult.

Sure, but children don't learn that, even in the scouts etc.

I never got told how to use a ladder, yet I can.

Not true of climbing down a ladder safely
with another adult over your shoulder.

Funny that.

Pathetic, actually.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

;-)

So you climb as high as you can then poke at the cat with a broom.

Makes more sense to shoot it so it stops yowling.

I don't have a problem with the small amount of noise cats make.

I do when the ****ers start ****ing each other on my roof.

Cats are pretty quiet compared to any other animal including dogs.

Gerbils, rabbits, guinea pigs, fish, mice, rats etc are much quieter.

Dogs, now they're loud.

Yeah, couple of the garage sales yesterday had neighbours
dogs that made a hell of a racket and they said that the dogs
do that all the time.

I once walked my neighbour's dog for her and it had sex with a stranger's
dog. We both watched for a while then she said, "well aren't you going
to stop him?!" I replied, "It's not my dog, and they seem to be having
fun."

No surprises there...

I heard tomlinkinson didn't like pussy .......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 21 May 2017 20:16:53 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 04 May 2017 13:30:25 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 4 May 2017 12:29:41 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 20:52:57 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

If you have several cats, a transparent one would prevent them from both
going through at once.

I'm not convinced.

Would video proof help convince you ?

https://youtu.be/gHNeKgu1k34?t=76

Notice how the cat jumps back when it sees my cat through the transparant cat flap, notice how my cat waiting until the other leaves before he goes through the cat flap.

My cats go through at once from the same side.

Did you train them ;-)

As yuo might guess the video cature was using software which detected movement which triggered the camera this also set off an audio warning of 'intruder alert' a sound byte captured from a star trek episode.
If my cat was in the same room as the computer when this triggered he used to run down the hallway and down the back stairs to the cat flap.
Once when ST was on Red alert came up he looked around then went back to sleep as an intruder alert and red alert must have sounded differnt.

My cats aren't that clever, they're scared of a hoover.

Well yes they have a loud sound, my cat doesn't like the dyson and will watch it intently when on.

Why can't the cats see the flap moving
and realise that another cat is coming thru the other way ?

because it could be the wind or any other reason, could be me teaching them how to use the flap which is how I got my cat to use it.
Or it could be another cat so best to stop it coming through

I didn't teach mine. They had to if they wanted fed.

Same difference.

Same reason as it happens with people. It doesn't move until you push it. If person/cat A pushes the flap/door while person/cat B is too close to the other side, they get a busted nose.

Otherwise this could happen: https://youtu.be/1U1jSGib-NA?t=1m49s

Unlikely with cats.

They can see through doors?

They have good hearing so don't rely as much as seeing as humans do.

Seems to be smell more than anything.

I doubt a cat can smell a can opening from another garden.
We know the speed of sound and teh speed of light but what's the speed of smell ?

I've placed a piece of cheese in front of my cat, then moved it away a few metres, and it takes ages to find it by sniffing around. It really does look silly, it should have just watched where I put it.

Cheese isn't good for cats it's very fattening.

Maybe smell is more realible, which is why a human would be fooled on seeing a mirror image of cheese where as a cat wouldn't (kittens are easily fooled)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 May 2017 21:10:51 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 22:27:28 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 01:03:11 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:21:16 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
news On 17/04/2017 07:35, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , tim...
escribió:

to come back when called, not so

All the kittens with the exception of one now come when called..

Now are they answering to names or are you just shouting "here
kitties"?

Cat's do know their names.

Only rocket scientist cats do. They are just responding to the
sound of your voice and if you have more than one cat, you
wont be able to get them to respond to just their own name
unless they are rocket scientist cats.

Unlike dogs who mostly do recognise their own names.

But choose to ignore them.

The working dog breeds don't.

There are no working cat breeds.

Because they're not stupid enough to blindly obey.

So hardly anyone is stupid enough to feed them for what they do.

Even those who use them to keep the mice down in
their barns etc don't bother to feed them and they get
to get off their furry little arses and feed themselves.

If i don't feed my cats enough, they move elsewhere.

Yep, cats arent stupid, even if their owners are.

But with barns etc they eat the local small animals.

So, your point "hardly anyone is stupid enough to feed them for what they do" is incorrect. If you want your mice kept down, you feed them when there aren't enough mice, or they **** off.

--
I'm not an atheist. How can you not believe in something that doesn't exist? -- Whitney Brown

Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

[...]

Nope, those that have them in their barns to keep
the mice down arent stupid enough to feed them,
they don't feed them so they will eat the mice.

If you want your mice kept down, you feed them when there aren't enough
mice, or they **** off.

There is nowhere for them to **** off to with most farm barns.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 May 2017 22:30:37 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 13 May 2017 20:34:20 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Fri, 12 May 2017 18:46:47 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Thu, 11 May 2017 21:07:53 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Thu, 11 May 2017 20:05:31 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 09 May 2017 21:52:54 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:
They do anyway.

Stats show otherwise.

Like hell they do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...United_Kingdom
9% but its much lower in the US.

39%.

Nope. The extra 30% are those stupid enough to believe that there
might
be some god or other.

Not having an opinion either way is acceptable.

That's not the case with those 30%

It's a damn sight better than believing in god.

Still stupid.

I'll take slightly stupid over very stupid.

More fool you. And those arent slightly stupid,
just not quite as stupid as the rabid believers.

The stats are wrong. Most people know are atheist.

--
The problem with today's society is adults are treated like children, children are treated like retards, and retards are exempt from the law.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 May 2017 21:32:31 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 14 May 2017 20:36:29 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Sat, 13 May 2017 21:16:51 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Sat, 13 May 2017 04:24:05 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Thu, 11 May 2017 21:13:12 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news "In Western Australia, the rate of births resulting in FASD is
0.02
per
1000 births for non-Indigenous Australians, however among
indigenous
births the rate is 2.76 per 1000 births"

So, between 0.002% and 0.276%. Not common then.

It's a lot higher than that in the worst of the indigenous camps.

But nobody cares about the Abbos.

Those that end up paying to keep them in jail do.

So do those who pay for their benefits.

Then remove the benefits

Not even possible.

No reason it can't be done.

Corse there is, not enough voters want that,
so any govt stupid enough to to that would
get the bums rush at the ballot box, and they
know it, so even the torys who would like to
do that arent actually stupid enough to
commit political suicide like that.

Most people not on benefits don't want them.

Most people do get the child benefits.

But rich folk don't need the child benefits, they're **** all compared to their wages. However they don't want their taxes paying for the council estate scum to have 50 kids for free.

It saps money from their taxes.

Yes, but most who get child benefits are too stupid to
realise that society as a whole would be better with child
benefits only for the kids that would starve without them.

There should be none at all. Let them starve. If the parents can't afford to feed them, they shouldn't have had them.

and introduce the death sentence.

Not enough support a death sentence for shoplifting.

Use the three strikes rule like the USA.

Not enough support a death penalty for shoplifting
or drug use to be able to get that up even after the
third time they get caught doing it.

Anyway, what has jail to do with illness?

Its those with fetal alcohol spectrum
disorder that do most of the crime.

You're making assumptions.

Nope, it's a trivially provable fact. Its so easy to see if an
individual has that problem that its easy to see if there is
an excess of those in prison. That even affects how you look.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_...y_with_FAS.jpg

Nobody knows how dangerous it is.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...-safe-research

Irrelevant to the fact that its drinking alcohol in very
large amounts during pregnancy is what produces FAS.

As I said, depends which article you believe.

Money tends to make people do things.

Wouldn't make me wipe little kids arses all day.

Or me. Then again women don't seem to hate things like
that,
otherwise
nobody would ever have children.

Its more tolerated because you don't have to do it for
long.

Then explain those who have many children.

They make the other children wipe the arses of the latest
ones.

Never happened with me.

Your parents didn't have many children.

Two.

Notning even remotely like enough to see that done,
if only because they are so close together in age.

5 years apart.

Nothing like old enough to wipe a little kids arse.
They can't even wipe their own arse at that age.

At some point one will be able to for 5 years when the other cannot.

Nope, while they can eventually wipe their own arses, by the
time they are big enough to wipe someone else's arse, that
younger one can wipe its own arse with a 5 year difference.

Wiping your own arse and wiping another arse is the same technique.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

In fact wiping someone else's is easier, as you can see what you're
doing.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

At least try to make a counter argument.

Everyone can see that I did.

You have not made an argument against the fact that it's easier to do
something when it 's in front of you so you can see it.

There is a lot more to it than just seeing. Little kids that that have
only just worked out how to wipe their own arses don't have the
strength to wipe the arse of another little kid sitting on a dunny.

They don't need any strength to wipe their own arse.

How on earth would it take more strength to wipe a different arse?

At least you don't say "ass".

Donkeys don't get their arses wiped.

Americans can't tell the difference between donkey and arse. Or tourist
and terrorist. Or mirror and myrrh.

Not one of them, eh ?

Bound to be a few that can speak properly, probably born in the UK.

Even you should be able to manage better than that. Obviously not.

Americans speak wrong, end of story.

You need god bothering stupids to do that ****.

That's the whole point of religion, tell the most
stupid that they end up hell if they don't do that
sort of ****, so they keep doing that **** so they
don't end up in hell.

Nah, they do **** work to get paid.

Nope, they put their hand out to the state for
benefits.

Then remove them.

Not legal to do that.

Then change the law.

Not possible, the stupid god botherers outnumber us.

They must be exterminated.

Not even possible when there are only 5% of us.

I do not believe 95% believe in god.

They do anyway.

Stats show otherwise.

Like hell they do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...United_Kingdom
9% but its much lower in the US.

39%.

The other 30% are actually stupid enough to believe that there
might
be
some god.

And you lot are rather more irreligious than most of the first and
second world.

That's because we're more intelligent than for example the
Americans.

Nope. It appears to be because quite a few of the
earliest that moved to yankeeland from england
particularly did so because of the religious
persecution they got in england so its hardly
surprising that that did produce more stupid
believers in america eventually.

In England back in those days there was more religion, so surely it
would be the atheists that would run away?

Nope, they just shut up and carried on regardless.

Much harder to keep quiet about your non CoE religion.

You lot even make Catholicism illegal and had a full civil war too.

And that that time were quite literally burning each other at the stake
too.

That's the Irish that are that stupid.

Nope, plenty of english too. And scots too.

Not nowadays. The Irish still are though.

Nope.

Look up IRA, catholics and protestants killing each other. The Irish are stupid enough to kill themselves. Intelligent people blow up OTHER countries.

--
What do bungee jumping and sex with a prostitute have in common?
1) They both cost about $100.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
They do anyway.

Stats show otherwise.

Like hell they do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...United_Kingdom
9% but its much lower in the US.

39%.

Nope. The extra 30% are those stupid enough to believe that there
might
be some god or other.

Not having an opinion either way is acceptable.

That's not the case with those 30%

It's a damn sight better than believing in god.

Still stupid.

I'll take slightly stupid over very stupid.

More fool you. And those arent slightly stupid,
just not quite as stupid as the rabid believers.

The stats are wrong.

Nope.

Most people know are atheist.

The technical term for that is 'pathetically inadequate sample'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Rich people don't get wages.

However they don't want their taxes paying for the council estate scum to
have 50 kids for free.

Sure, but there are FAR more voters who
arent rich and the rich only ever vote Tory
anyway if they actually bother to vote at all.

It saps money from their taxes.

Yes, but most who get child benefits are too stupid to
realise that society as a whole would be better with child
benefits only for the kids that would starve without them.

There should be none at all. Let them starve.

**** all of the voters are psychopaths like you.

If the parents can't afford to feed them, they shouldn't have had them.

Yes, but it's a bit hard on the kids with such ****wit parents.

[...]

Nope, what matters is the rigour science, not belief.

[...]

You have to move the other kid into a position where you can wipe its arse.

At least you don't say "ass".

Donkeys don't get their arses wiped.

Americans can't tell the difference between donkey and arse. Or
tourist
and terrorist. Or mirror and myrrh.

Not one of them, eh ?

Bound to be a few that can speak properly, probably born in the UK.

Even you should be able to manage better than that. Obviously not.

Americans speak wrong, end of story.

Even you should be able do better than that pathetic excuse for a troll.
Obviously not.

[...]

They aint doing that anymore.

The Irish are stupid enough to kill themselves. Intelligent people blow
up OTHER countries.

How odd that you lot had a full civil war.

We've never been that stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 May 2017 01:19:13 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 22:26:58 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 21:11:47 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 19:28:14 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:25:58 +0100, whisky-dave

wrote:

escribió:

[...]

What if they haven't the ability to judge the situation they are in
?

Since cats have been around for millennia, I think they're doing
just
fine.

How they evolved and modern situation is very different.

Modern situation is artificial, created by us.

Sure, but that is the one we are talking about castrating and desexing
cats
in.

No need to. Let them live their own life.

Doesn't work, you have to kill too many as adult cats.

No need to kill any.

Corse there is when no one wants them when they end
up in the pound. No point in huge pound cat farms.

Then don't put them in the pound, let them roam free.

They aren't big destructive animals like elephants.

Sure, but enough of a nuisance that they
get trapped and taken to the pound and
killed there because no one wants them.

Only by moronic governments.

By people sick of the feral cats.

Govts hardly ever do that.

The pound is government sanctioned.

And they manage in that too.

No they don't population wise.

Reducing their numbers by mutilating them is inhumane.

So its much more humane to wait for them
to turn into adult cats and kill them then ?

Don't kill them at all.

Too expensive to keep feeding an ever growing
collection of cats furiously breeding at the pound.

Let them find their own food.

They end up killing the birds.

Birds can fly away.

No point in un interfering

The alternative is to have lots of people killing surplus adult cats.

Surplus cats are not harmful,

Corse they are.

They are 50 times smaller than we are.

Rats and mice are even smaller and we kill them too.

They spread disease.

Urban myth.

Prove it.

We don't cull birds.

We do when they start munching on the rice crop.

Farmers might.

No might about it.

Who cares about farmers?

it's not as though they're capable of killing people.

There are more harms than just being killed.

Like?

Going feral.

Doesn't harm humans.

Does harm the wildlife.

Survival of the fittest, nature's way.

We have people who attempt to ensure that surplus dogs in the pound
don't get killed but no one even trys with cats,

There are cat protection societies just like with dogs.

And even in that soggy little frigid island,
most of the surplus cats are killed.

There aren't surplus cats.

You seriously trying to claim that no pound ever kills any
surplus cats anywhere on that soggy little frigid island ?

You need to get out more.

THREE out of four pounds had no cats available for sale when I wanted one.

That's because you barbarians eat them.

Do I look Chinese?

That means there are not enough of them.

**** all pounds are like that. Most kill
them because no one wants them.

Pretty stupid to kill them if there's a demand to pay for them.

And that's where I tried to get my first cat from, except they'd run
out!

Because you hairy legged cross dressers eat them.

No, because too many people neuter their cats.

What do you 'think' haggis is made from ?

Almost nobody eats that revolting stuff.

Don't believe that. I just saw a video of the head of the Campbells
handing it out at their 'best of the west' pigout fest.

For a few weirdos.

Hell of a lot more than a few.

I know nobody who has ever eaten it, except for a dare.

Which only goes to show there are not enough cats.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

If there were none left,

There are plenty left. You've got 6 of the ****ers.

I had to search for them.

Doesn't happen around here, the pound has to kill them.

then we are over-culling them.

Nope, just desexing them so you don't get infested with them.

They're not dangerous.

Sure, but they are a damned nuisance.

Hardly.

its just not possible except where you barbarians eat them.

"You barbarians"? I think you'll find that's the Chinese.

They arent silly enough to eat haggis.

But they do eat cats and dogs. Legally.

Not anymore.

Says who?

The law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_meat#China

"It is estimated that around 4 million cats are eaten in China each year, and that the number is rising."

And its never been legal on that soggy little frigid island of yours..

Exactly, we're more civilised.

That's very arguable.

We don't eat cats.

and claiming we have more rights than them.

Corse we do.

Says who?

Says anyone with even half a clue.

So you don't have a reason then,

Wrong, as always.

thought so.

Obvious lie.

Still waiting for your reasoning that we have more rights than cats.

Don't need any, its obvious.

So you don't know why then. You just automatically believe you're the superior species.

--
"Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

[...]

But govts hardly ever trap them.

And they manage in that too.

No they don't population wise.

Reducing their numbers by mutilating them is inhumane.

So its much more humane to wait for them
to turn into adult cats and kill them then ?

Don't kill them at all.

Too expensive to keep feeding an ever growing
collection of cats furiously breeding at the pound.

Let them find their own food.

They end up killing the birds.

Birds can fly away.

Cats still get plenty of them.

No point in un interfering

The alternative is to have lots of people killing surplus adult
cats.

Surplus cats are not harmful,

Corse they are.

They are 50 times smaller than we are.

Rats and mice are even smaller and we kill them too.

They spread disease.

Urban myth.

Prove it.

YOU made the stupid claim.

YOU get to do the proving.

THAT'S how it works.

We don't cull birds.

We do when they start munching on the rice crop.

Farmers might.

No might about it.

Who cares about farmers?

The farmers, obviously.

it's not as though they're capable of killing people.

There are more harms than just being killed.

Like?

Going feral.

Doesn't harm humans.

Does harm the wildlife.

Survival of the fittest, nature's way.

Nothing nature about fools like you infesting the world with feral cats.

We have people who attempt to ensure that surplus dogs in the pound
don't get killed but no one even trys with cats,

There are cat protection societies just like with dogs.

And even in that soggy little frigid island,
most of the surplus cats are killed.

There aren't surplus cats.

You seriously trying to claim that no pound ever kills any
surplus cats anywhere on that soggy little frigid island ?

You need to get out more.

THREE out of four pounds had no cats available for sale when I wanted
one.

That's because you barbarians eat them.

Do I look Chinese?

There is no other explanation for the shortage of cat there.

That means there are not enough of them.

**** all pounds are like that. Most kill
them because no one wants them.

Pretty stupid to kill them if there's a demand to pay for them.

There isnt. They can't even give them away, that why they kill them.

And that's where I tried to get my first cat from, except they'd run
out!

Because you hairy legged cross dressers eat them.

No, because too many people neuter their cats.

What do you 'think' haggis is made from ?

Almost nobody eats that revolting stuff.

Don't believe that. I just saw a video of the head of the Campbells
handing it out at their 'best of the west' pigout fest.

For a few weirdos.

Hell of a lot more than a few.

I know nobody who has ever eaten it, except for a dare.

Then you need to get out more, as always.

Which only goes to show there are not enough cats.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

If there were none left,

There are plenty left. You've got 6 of the ****ers.

I had to search for them.

Doesn't happen around here, the pound has to kill them.

then we are over-culling them.

Nope, just desexing them so you don't get infested with them.

They're not dangerous.

Sure, but they are a damned nuisance.

Hardly.

Fraid so.

its just not possible except where you barbarians eat them.

"You barbarians"? I think you'll find that's the Chinese.

They arent silly enough to eat haggis.

But they do eat cats and dogs. Legally.

Not anymore.

Says who?

The law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_meat#China

"It is estimated that around 4 million cats are eaten in China each year,
and that the number is rising."

Pity about the change in the law.

And its never been legal on that soggy little frigid island of yours.

Exactly, we're more civilised.

That's very arguable.

We don't eat cats.

Much worse, you barbarians eat haggis.

And deep fried mars bars.

and claiming we have more rights than them.

Corse we do.

Says who?

Says anyone with even half a clue.

So you don't have a reason then,

Wrong, as always.

thought so.

Obvious lie.

Still waiting for your reasoning that we have more rights than cats.

Don't need any, its obvious.

So you don't know why then.

You're wrong, as always.

You just automatically believe you're the superior species.

Have fun listing stuff like the industrial revolution etc that cats have
done.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 May 2017 22:24:28 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 20:03:31 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 02:41:02 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 01:08:51 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 21:03:00 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote
wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote

What revolts me is my cat eats her kittens ****.

This is to protect the kittens from infection
(their immune systems won't be fully developed)
and from the smell attracting predators
(the kittens haven't learned to bury it yet).

Surely she should carry it or bury it or something?
Digesting it is only going to make her ill.

It doesn't with cats and dogs.

Imagine what would happen to your gut if you
were to eat all the **** 5 of your babies produced.

Cats work differently to humans.

Cats are pure minging!

Chrome failed to translate.

Find a Scots dictionary.

No such animal. You ****ers are illiterate.

Agreed, but I'm not one of them.

And actually the word's British not Scottish:
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/minging

Then you should be burnt at the stake, again.

And don't scream so loudly this time, it wakes
everyone up. Worse than a faulty alarm.

We invented the language

Another lie. You lot stole most of the words from wogs.

They are not human.

--
Send all problems by email
Only phone me with EMERGENCY problems (e.g. LPT1 on fire)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 May 2017 23:07:06 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 22:12:26 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 21:32:55 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 20:03:18 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 03:09:20 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 00:36:17 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:53:21 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 01:41:09 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in
message
news On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 00:12:06 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

Yeah, that's a massive downside with dogs, particularly
the ones that just bark because they are bored out of
their minds with the owner at work etc.

Mine never did that but would bark at any
visitors even if the one visitor showed up say
10 times in the one day for some reason as
they keep borrowing stuff to do some diy etc.

You seem to lend a lot of tools.

Yeah, I do. Mainly because since I build my house from
scratch
on a bare block of land, I have a lot more tools than anyone
else does and don't mind lending them as long as its likely
they
wont get buggered or will be replaced if they do get
buggered.

Even now, because of the garage sales where the stuff is so
cheap
that I always get something like a ladder or vice or still or
beer
capper that is better than what I currently have, I have lots
more
of almost everything than almost everyone I know.

I have something like 15 beer brewing barrel and so am the
obvious one to borrow one from if you need to borrow one..

You must be popular with your neighbours.

Yeah, I know them all and lend most of them quite a bit of
stuff.
Respond first when their alarm goes off too, although another
of the neighbours is usually there pretty soon after I am.

Why bother?

Because we have all been burgled at one time or another.

I haven't.

You will be.

Most people never are.

Bull****. Bet you can't find a single
person in here that has never been.

48 houses in my street of 50.

What kind of place do you live in?

Just the same as most people where burglarys do happen.

Only happens regularly in cities here.

Bull****.

No, it's true. We aren't all thieves like you lot. Only cities full
of
pakis have that problem.

In 17 years in my street of 50 houses (in a small town), there have
been
two burglaries, both non-standard.

That's because you're all povs/chavs with nothing work taking.

It's the chavvy areas where they have more thefts. They steal from
each
other.

One was some golf clubs out of the boot of an open car. The other
was
living room double glazing unit that had just been put in. Never
known
any house contents to go.

Then why does everyone have alarms that
you want to smash when they false trigger ?

They don't, there are only two alarms at this end of the street.

The house one house away has just recently been burnt to the
ground
by
complete ****ing loony, fortunately when the owners were away on
holiday.

Are Aussies all neanderthals or something?

Nope, this one was quite literally barking mad. She was 'living'
up in the roof of what you lot call a council house because she
believed that her place was inhabited by demons. That's why
she torched the place next but one to my place, she believed
it was too.

Was she jailed?

Nar, off to the loony bin. Quite literally barking mad.

I fail to see the point, they can't cure it.

It stops them burning other houses down because
they believe they are infested with demons too.

So would jail.

Sure, but we don't jail loonys for being loonys.

Should do. A loony bin serves the same purpose.

Much cheaper to leave them roaming the streets.

Not if they keep breaking stuff.

We don't put them all in loony bins. We have one
'homeless' fella who is notorious in this town, you
see him walking around talking to himself quite a
bit. He gets a loaf of bread from a supermarket that
I usually visit after the garage sale run and one time
he was quite literally barking at the top of his voice
as he walked away with his loaf of bread in his hand.

Don't you have a police force?

Corse we do, but it isnt possible for cops
to avoid everything like that happening.

From what I've heard they seem to concentrate on the easy ****
like
speeding motorists.

They didn't with this one and caught her quite quickly.

99.99999% of alarms are false.

It isnt as high as that with most of the neighbours.

It is here.

I don't believe that.

I must hear one every couple of weeks. Yet only two burglaries in
17
years.

So it isnt just your cats that are barking
mad, its all your neighbours too.

No, it's the alarms that are ****.

Annoying alarms with no burglar in sight.

Sure, most of ours are too, but nothing like that high a
percentage.

People have motion/vibration sensors, probably picking up a cat
through
the window or a bird hitting the window.

Our are mostly PIRs in the house.

Which will see movement of a cat.

Not with the best of the dual mode ones that
can work out the sized of what they see move.

Pity everyone doesn't use those.

Yeah, they certainly cost more.

Something is causing false alarms and waking me up. And you.

Hardly ever wakes me up, just that one night when it kept going
off right thru the night. Easily fixed, didn't happen again.

Brick through it?

Nope, they fixed it.

Best way to fix a faulty alarm is to remove it.

The house one house away going up in flames certainly woke me up.
Not quite sure what actually woke me up, but I looked out the kitchen
window and noticed a ****ing great column of flames lighting up the sky.

Think there may well have been quite a bang when she lit it
after pouring lots of accelerant around inside the house.

My parents' neighbour's house went up in smoke (well the roof) because of
a loose incoming electric feed. Unbelievably, those wires are not fused.

Ours are. Massive great china fuse holders about 5" square attached to
the barge board with a single huge round cylindrical fuse for each phase.
You pull the ceramic fuse holder out downwards to charge the fuse.

Where is this barge board? I'm talking about the wire hanging between the supply pole and his house. Fuses in his property would not have helped.

It severely damaged the transformer across the street too.

Stupid way to do things.

Agreed.

Also unbelievably, the fire service had no access to turn off the power,

We have massive great switches on the street poles
but they switch the power off for the whole street.

Which is fair enough if there's a bloody fire.

and were too pansy to put it out without switching it off first.

Yeah, too much risk of electrocution.

There are such things as earthed hoses....

Nope. The hoses are made of canvas so they can be rolled up flat.

And even with a conductive element in the hose, the
truck and pump arent earthed, they are on rubber tires.

No, you connect the end of the hose to earth, so the electricity doesn't even think about travelling towards the operator.

Anyway, because of the delay, half the house was destroyed.

Yeah, doesnt take much to cause significant damage.

The insurance company should have sued the electric board and the fire
service for utter incompetence.

Would have been a complete waste of money, the insurance
company wouldnt have had a hope in hell of winning that action.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Neither are you hairy legged cross dressing animals.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Much cheaper to fix what they break than to pay very high
wages to those who keep them locked up 24/7/365.25

From what I've heard they seem to concentrate on the easy ****
[...]

Makes a lot more sense to fix it so it works when it needs to.

The house one house away going up in flames certainly woke me up.
Not quite sure what actually woke me up, but I looked out the kitchen
window and noticed a ****ing great column of flames lighting up the
sky.

Think there may well have been quite a bang when she lit it
after pouring lots of accelerant around inside the house.

My parents' neighbour's house went up in smoke (well the roof) because
of
a loose incoming electric feed. Unbelievably, those wires are not
fused.

Ours are. Massive great china fuse holders about 5" square attached to
the barge board with a single huge round cylindrical fuse for each phase.
You pull the ceramic fuse holder out downwards to charge the fuse.

Where is this barge board?

https://thevictorianpile.files.wordp...pg?w=398&h=248

I'm talking about the wire hanging between the supply pole and his house.

Me too.

Fuses in his property would not have helped.

Yes they would if it had been on the barge board.

It severely damaged the transformer across the street too.

Stupid way to do things.

Agreed.

Also unbelievably, the fire service had no access to turn off the power,

We have massive great switches on the street poles
but they switch the power off for the whole street.

Which is fair enough if there's a bloody fire.

Makes a lot more sense to have those big china fuse
holders on the bargeboard so the fireys can just pull those
and then start hosing down the house that is burning.

and were too pansy to put it out without switching it off first.

Yeah, too much risk of electrocution.

There are such things as earthed hoses....

Nope. The hoses are made of canvas so they can be rolled up flat.

And even with a conductive element in the hose, the
truck and pump arent earthed, they are on rubber tires.

No, you connect the end of the hose to earth,

There is no earth in that situation to connect to.

so the electricity doesn't even think about travelling towards the
operator.

Anyway, because of the delay, half the house was destroyed.

Yeah, doesnt take much to cause significant damage.

The insurance company should have sued the electric board and the fire
service for utter incompetence.

Would have been a complete waste of money, the insurance
company wouldnt have had a hope in hell of winning that action.

Says who?

Says the courts.

Government depts can lose you know.

Not in that situation they dont.

If I call the police they don't care.

I go and check myself to see if it's a false alarm or not.

I don't, unless it's 3am, then I go and find out who I'm to yell
at
when
they return home.

I usually don't bother to ring the neighbour when their
system false alarms, he can see it on the alarm system
when he gets home and can see that I checked that it was
a false alarm from the camera footage that he checks now.

First question they ask is "can you see a burglar". If not,
they
don't
bother coming out.

And that is the sensible way to operate.

Most burglars would hide out of sight if they saw someone looking.

Not even possible with my neighbour's place.

Must be a small place if they can't hide.

Nope, just nowhere to hide with the way I check everything.
Massive great pool and the immense shed take up most of
the backyard. There the fence down the side of the house is
about 6' from the side of the house and is one obvious place
to hide, but I always go down there because it's the obvious
place to try to jemmy a window where no one can see you.

The windows on the other side open onto the massive great
carport that is in front of the massive great brick garage and
anyone trying to jemmy one of those windows can be seen
from the street doing that.

It's up to us to take the alarm off the wall with a brick.

Ours time out. It's a legal requirement.

Legal requirement here, but there's a loophole. After 15 minutes
it must shut off, but it's allowed to start again something like 5
minutes later!

Yeah, ours do too, but they don't usually false alarm again
immediately.

The ones here seem to run again and again until someone shuts them
off.

Stupid design. None of ours do that.

They should sound for 15 minutes, then stop forever until they're
reset.

Ours don't have to stop forever, they are welcome
to go off again if there is another alarm trigger.

Or the same one intermittently.

That only happened the once with the one next door.

There is another one quite a few houses away, next door to a mate of
mine
which does go off quite a lot, every few weeks, but its far away enough
to ignore. No one lives there apparently so it times out every time.

Faults usually don't go away,

Plenty of them do, particularly when its water getting in when its
raining.

And then the next time the weather changes it happens again.

Not when the home owner notices the leak and fixes it.

so if it's a false alarm, it goes all ****ing night.

Nope. Well designed alarms time out and wont
go off again until its been reset manually.

Thats the legal requirement.

Same here, but the time legally required before the next alarm is not long
enough, it should be several hours.

It has to be manually reset to be able to go off again.

Here they can just go off and come back on again. Usually I hear 15
minutes on, 15 minutes off, 15 minutes on, all bloody night.

You lot are clearly to stupid to even be able to design an alarm properly.

Calling the police to tell them there's a burglar does nothing, as they
just assume it's a false alarm and don't waste their time coming out.

Corse its a false alarm if it keeps going off all night.

I have had the neighbours one do that the one time, forget what the
problem was, think one of the PIRs inside the house failed or
something.

Alarms are a ****ing nuisance.

But do get the neighbours here checking when
they go off because we all know each other very
well indeed some of us for over 50 years now.

And here we realise that the electronics are too sensitive and
have
probably detected a cat touching a pane of glass.

It was like that for a while, but retweeking the system fixed
that.

Clearly installers or DIYers here are too stupid to do that.

He wasn't. Not that cheap to get it retweeked tho.

They aren't exactly complicated devices,

They are for that sort of false triggering in unusual situations.

Elaborate.

An alarm that is smart enough to work out that it's a balloon
that has been sitting up on the ceiling that has eventually run
out of helium and has drifted to the floor isnt a common enough
situation for any alarm designer to allow for and not trigger on.

They should work by infrared, then they only detect living creatures
like burglars.

Certainly dual mode sensors are much
more reliable, but much more expensive too.

You only need one mode, IR.

Wrong, as always. That doesnt distinguish between humans and pets.

could do it themselves ffs.

He's very capable with machinery and pumped irrigation, he's
the mega farmer, but doesn't know much about electronics.

Anyway, even if each alarm that's installed gives only one false
alarm
before being tweaked, that is WAY too much noise pollution. It's
an
extremely irritating sound.

I'm not that obsessive. I'd rather they didn't ever false alarm,
but given that we have all been burgled at one time, I don't
mind having to put the phone in my pocket, wander around
their place checking if it's a false alarm and yawning when it is.

Didn't even mind it going off all thru the night the one time.

ALL NIGHT?! That would drive me insane enough to beat the **** out
of
the fool that owned the alarm.

Yes, you are that loony.

I'd be so ****ed off I wouldn't care if I was done for assault.

Yes, you are that loony.

A sleepless night is completely unforgivable.

It wasn't a sleepless night, I slept fine, just noticed
a few times that it was still going off thru the night.

I'm a light sleeper.

Your problem.

A lot of people are light sleepers.

Their problem.

Interrupting my sleep is a cardinal sin.

Nope. If I was your neighbour I'd have something
automated to keep waking you up right thru every night.

I had a neighbour like that, although not deliberately to wake me up. I
took revenge with speakers against his wall. He soon stopped.

Id have killed your speakers remotely.

No system is ever perfect.

Which is why they shouldn't have them at all.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Most people here do not have alarms. They aren't burgled.

Because there is nothing worth stealing with you povs/chavs.

********. We have a similar GNP to you.

GNP is irrelevant with you hovel infesters.

GNP is what decides if you live in a hovel.

Nope. Even in the very wealthy countrys, there will always
be some dregs who are too stupid to even be able to work
out what work is available where they prefer to be and do that.

Perhaps your country should lock up more crims?

Much too expensive.

Kill them then.

Lot cheaper to kill you.

I don't harm your country, I'm too far away.

Still a lot cheaper to kill you.

The last time the grandkids had been there for a birthday party.
Everyone had left and after a few days the helium had leaked out
of a balloon up on the ceiling and it drifted down to the floor
and set the alarm off.

Which only goes to show alarms are not intelligent enough for
their task.

Sure. But it isnt economically practical to have a system
that allows for stuff like that with residential houses.

You don't see the banks systems false triggering with stuff like
that.

Banks have a lot to lose. The extremely minor chance of losing a TV
is not enough to have an alarm.

You don't just lose the TV. And you don't lose the TV much anymore,
they're not exactly portable anymore and the stupid druggys that are
doing the burglarys don't have any way of moving stuff that big
around.

There is nothing easy to carry that's worth much nowadays.

That's bull**** with tablets, phones, laptops, jewellery etc etc.

Only a fool has an expensive tablet. they're cheap as **** nowadays.

Still worth stealing for pathetic druggys.

If drugs weren't illegal, we wouldn't have that problem.

They still steal the legal stuff like cigarettes and grog.

One of the neighbours lost a wedding dress.

An item of clothing shouldn't cost much.

You've clearly never bought a wedding dress.

And I never will. I'd use a registry office, and we'd dress normally.

They dont marry naked apes in registry offices. They call the cops.

My drunk of a neighbour who used to **** stupid teenagers
had one of them take a brand new gas heater, dump it over
at my place behind my screen wall, presumably planning to
get a mate to show up in a car and take it home later. It was
big enough so it was a bit big to carry far.

They hid it in your property and thought nobody would notice?!

Not hide so much as just put it on the other side of my wing wall.

What is a wing wall?

http://grandriverbuilders.com/wp2/wp...med-Bricks.jpg
Mine doesnt slope like that, its a normal square wall,
horizontal top and then straight down at the end.

Presumably they were hoping to be able to get the mate
to show up in a car and pick it up before anyone noticed.

Most likely either that person refused or there was some
other reason why that didnt happen before I noticed it.

How much did you get for it on Ebay?

I didnt end up selling it. I cant remember why I mentioned it
to my other neighbour now, but he said 'Russ had one of those
stolen' and when I asked Russ, he said it was his and was glad
he got it back.

And I wasnt going to flog it on ebay, I was going to flog it on
one of the local facebook buy sell swap groups and deliver it
to the buyer in person.

On one other occasion you could see where someone had tried
to jemmy a window and had got scared off by the alarm and had
put a chair against the back fence and gone over it on the way
out.

I doubt a burglar would run away from an alarm here as nobody
looks.

Bet they would keep an eye out for someone looking.

If the burglar is in the living room with the curtains shut, nobody
can
see them.

I can see how they got into the house.

Not if they pry the door open then close it afterwards.

The pry marks stand out like dogs balls.

Funny you should say that, one of my cats has enormous testicles.
They're almost as big as human ones. I thought cat testes were supposed
to be inside?

Nope.

I knew someone who had a male cat, and she always thought it was female.

Yes, its harder than with dogs.

At one point the vet popped out the testicles and said it's male. Clearly
those were inside.

On another occasion the crim was visible on the surveillance
cameras that were installed after the previous incident.

Cameras are a much better idea than alarms. They don't wake
everyone up.

But don't warn the burglar off

They do if they're visible.

Nope, his are visible and gets the at least one fool trying it
anyway.

Electric fences then.

Doesn't work with humans.

The military disagrees.

They use minefields, not electric fences.

They use both.

Nope.

Here it's just a few idiots that aren't bright enough to cover their
faces.

Yep, yours are all morons. Our arent.

Clever criminals. I guess that comes from the breeding.

Nope, they didn't even manage to invent clothes and houses in
a place as cold and soggy as Tasmania. Almost as bad as Scotland.

They did manage to work out what the later immigrants brought with them
tho.

Clothes are for pussies.

Yes, you need to move to the Artic and go without. Please.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Wouldnt bother us to have you dead either.

And even if that's possible, he'll have flogged the stuff
to his drug dealer before the cops can find him anyway.

Legalise drugs, remove the problem.

Have fun listing even a single modern first or
second world country that has gone that route.

Just because it hasn't been tried doesn't mean it wouldn't work.

It was tried, even by you lot. None of it was illegal at one time.

Black market drugs cause crime. Legalised rugs (like alcohol) don't.

That last is a pig ignorant lie. Plenty of the crime is drunks breaking
into grog shops to get more grog. Cigarettes in spades.

Funny how at least 5 US states have now legalised cannabis,

Irrelevant to what happens with crime there.

and they're doing well.

Crime hasnt stopped.

It has reduced significantly:

Nope.

http://www.rogersandmoss.com/blog/14...me-in-colorado

Utterly bogus fake news.

One of our states has had legal cannabis for decades now
and their crime rate is no different to any of the others.

Much better to have the alarm go off, someone like me
show up and scare him off before he gets into the house.

And a ****ing loud bark too. One time I was over at
the shops around the corner which must be atleast
500m or more away and it was perfectly obviously
that a visitor had showed up at my place.

Remote burglar alarm.

Yeah, didn't work with work tho, much too far away to hear.

And no one was ever game to try stealing anything
with that ****ing great alsatian inside the house
going bananas at anyone stupid enough to try it.

Why are people scared of dogs?

Why are people scared of mice, spiders, snakes etc ?

Spiders are disgusting,

Only if you are neurotic about spiders.

More legs than body, simply wrong.

No reason to be scared of them.

I'm more disgusted than scared.

No reason to be disgusted either.

More leg than body, that's simply wrong.

No reason to be disgusted about that.

Disgustion (that really should be a word) is not something you can
control.

Yes, you are that ****ed between the ears.

Same with arachnophobia and being terrified of mice.

Which is something not limited to me.

Sure, you've never been unique.

Make up your mind.

Never said you were unique, just stupid.

Our ****ing great huntsmans that can be as big as your hand
are quite interesting. I had one as pet when I was a kid.

YUCK!

You're actually terrified of them, like stupid women and mice.

The world would be better off without them.

Nope, they kill a lot of stuff like mosquitoes and flys.

So do nicer animals like swallows.

They **** all over everything if you have them inside the house.

Spiders dont.

Spiders magically don't ****?

Nothing like your birds do.

I just squash the redbacks. Let the daddy long legs do their thing.

I do fly spray the bugger that insists on living in my car wing
mirrors, but that's because its web is a nuisance there.

I hoover up spiders and other insects, then seal the end of the
pipe.
By
the time the bag is emptied, they're all dead.

I don't bother to hoover at all, complete waste of time.

You never hoover your house?!

Never. Broom is much quicker.

********. The hoover sucks it up. With the broom you have to keep
moving the dirt

Lot easier to use a broom than a hoover. Even you should be able to
manage it.

No,

Figures.

If a broom was easier nobody would buy hoovers.

They have carpets, stupid.

about then collect it.

Nope, sweep it out the patio doors.

Brooms are what we used 100 years ago before electricity.

And still work much better with hard floors.

Hoovers work very well with hard floors as the dirt can't lodge inbetween
the carpet fibres.

Much more farting around that a broom.

You're not like Italy are you?

Nope.

Where they only have 3kW per house and have difficulty using high
powered kettles?

Nope, I routinely run a couple at once when doing the beer brewing run.

I find the shower best for filling those, you can set the precise
temperature and just leave it filling up.

You dont need a precise temp when boiling the water to
put the can of concentrate in so it runs out properly when
you open it and rinse the rest out with more boiling water.

That ends up with 3L of concentrate and the fermenting
sugar in the fermenter and you top it up to 23L with tap water.

Ever had one enter your mouth while you're sleeping?

I don't sleep with my mouth open.

How do you know?

I don't get a dry mouth.

Saliva.

Not if you're sleeping with your mouth open.

How would that stop saliva?

It drys out.

Then is recreated.

Not fast enough to stop your mouth drying out.

My mouth is open at night

Dont believe it.

and it doesn't dry out, not unless I'm running. Far less effort to breath
through your mouth than your nose.

No effort at all to breath thru my nose.

You're that weak and feeble ? Your problem, as always.

I don't snore either.

Neither do I, I was told I don't. But observing if someone sleeps
with their mouth open would be unusual.

Not with viable parents it isnt.

Your parents watch you sleeping?

Viable parents do check their kids occasionally,
mostly to see that they havent thrown off all
the bedclothes etc.

So what if they throw them off?

Better to put them on again than have the brat
start howling after you have gone to bed and
have to get up and put them back on again later.

It can learn to put them back on itself.

Not when they are young enough. They can't
even dress themselves or wipe their own arses.

Anyway, why would it throw them off if it wants them on?

They come off when they thrash around.

I only ever threw mine off in the summer when it was too hot, in which
case I didn't want them back.

Even you should have noticed that you arent a little kid anymore.

Anyway, who's to say you sleep the same as when you were a kid?

I dont care if I do or dont.

You were using it as evidence of how you slept now.

Nope.

I'd rather they didn't exist on the planet.

They likely feel the same way about you.

That's their problem. I can stand on them and kill them. I am
superior.

Cant stand on daddy long legs, they are up at ceiling level.

That's what the hoover is for. We have tool use.

Stupid waste of my time. I've got much better things to
do that hoover up spiders because I am terrified of them.

I like a clean house.

More fool you.

Minger!

Wog robber!!!

I wish. They should still be used as slaves.

You are the slave that gets to shove stuff thru letterboxes
and get your fingers bitten by the dog inside.

They don't pay rent,

Neither do your cats and birds.

I chose to have them here.

More fool you.

Why would I want a quiet house?

Why would you want bird **** everywhere ?

they don't live here,

They do actually.

Not when I'm finished with them.

You never can.

Very easy to kill spiders.

Makes a lot more sense to not bother.

a lot of snakes are poisonous.

Hardly any of them are.

Prove it.

Look at the stats.

Actually ALL snakes are venemous.

Pigs arse they are. Pythons kill by
wrapping themselves around the prey.

They're still venemous.

Nope.

Yes, just not deadly venom.

Nope, no venom at all.

Look, I heard it on QI, so it's true.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys.

Here, from an Aussie:
http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/a...-are-poisonous

Just because some pig ignorant fool claims something...

Pythons aint.

It's the way we evolved presumably.

Same reason most cats are scared of cucumbers etc.

I tried that with mine, all 5 did nothing.

Sure, but yours are clearly damned weird. Not one of the cats
in those videos of Dave's do anything like yours do with cat
flaps.

And mine aren't stupid enough to react to a dead vegetable.

But clearly some are.

I tried 6 cats!

Sure but they are so inbred that they are barking mad.

Jumping at a cucumber is mad.

Sure, its likely some evolutionary quirk.

Mine don't do that, so they're more sensible.

Too stupid to even notice the cucumber more likely.

They see it and ignore it, like any other object placed next to them.

Even a plate of cat food ?

Apart from that obviously.

Doesnt happen when you put a dog next to them either.

I was referring to inanimate objects.

Doesnt happen when you put a car next to them either.

Those youtube videos arent faked.

Probably American cats, they're probably as stupid as the people.

Neither are dave's cat flap videos.

Pretty easy to kill/stun/scare off a dog using a heavy
implement.

You wont do that with the big dogs.

A rock slammed into their face would stop them.

Nope, you'd get savaged picking up the rock.

I'd like to see them try.

Plenty of crims not only see them try, they feel them do it.

Then their reactions are slower than mine.

Nope, you don't have a ****ing clue how those dogs operate.

Never had a problem with people's big dogs here, including ones I've
been told will remove my hand.

You've never come across the ones trained to go after crims.

We don't have enough crims to need them.

Corse you do and you do have them.

Not many.

No one has many.

Only got a few for drug sniffing.

Wrong with the guard dogs.

Not many of those either.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

On several occasions I've been caught petting a huge dog and the
owner
comes running out worried I'm going to get injured.

Sure, most dog owners don't have a ****ing clue about dogs.

Agreed.

Or burrrrglarrr alarrrrrum as they say in Glasgow.

And he had the cheek to report me for noisy parrots.

Yeah, they can be quite noisy. I have a long run of very
big gum trees etc down the 100' long side of the house
and we get big swarms of galahs, 50-100 birds in the
flock, show up and all camp overnight in my trees,
jabbering away to each other about the state of my
jungle.

I blocked off my bedroom window with sound insulation so I
can't
hear
the
neighbours when I'm in bed.

I only have massive great 8'x8' patio doors instead of
windows in the bedrooms and the heavy armoured
glass is surprisingly effective against most noise.

Armoured glass?

Toughened glass so even if you try walking thru it by
accident,

Most people aren't that stupid.

Yes, but the law requires that with patio doors because some
are and the results can be very dramatic when they do that.

Why does the law protect the stupid?

Because they can be kids who don't know any better etc.

Being a kid is no excuse for being as stupid as a housefly.

All kids have to learn stuff.

They should learn what glass is long before they're walking about on
their
own.

Not that it isnt hard to try walking thru a massive great patio door.

Eh?

The door is so large that it isnt always obvious if its open or not.

Most people can see the refractions and reflections caused by a pane of
glass.

But that isnt always there. No reflections
or refractions off any of mine right now.

Yes there are, you can always see glass.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

My parrots don't fly into the window....

I regularly get birds trying to fly thru mine, mainly because the
main room has 5 massive great 8'x8' patio doors, 2 on one side
and 3 on the other.

Try these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122383941716

Some like the peewees would attack them.

WTF is a peewee?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hvfpYvgnYA

They're stupid enough to attack stickers?!

Yep. They only have bird brains.

They do with the magpies.

All that does is make the next generation even more useless than
the
current one.

We do in fact do a lot better than cave men did.
They couldn't drive cars and fly planes etc.

They probably could if they existed.

Nope, we know they can't because people showed up in
them with the few remaining savages and found they couldn't.

Someone in our society who had never driven a car couldn't ether.
Just
watch a learner driver get in a car for the first time.

The most stupid in PNG ended up with a full religion with the
silly buggers praying to skys for more stuff to show up in a plane.

Anyone religious is stupid. The world is still full of them.

I waited till he went to sleep then put equally powerful
speakers
against the dividing wall. He moved out after only 1 year.

Can be interesting when you walk out of the
house and the entire crew all take off at once.

And **** all over my car.

I was thinking your head.

Nar, that's never happened.

I once had a seagull **** in some chips I'd just bought.

I did just the once have bird **** on me as it
flew past as a kid, but never any other time.

Lots of birds around currently, we had the wettest
5 months on record thru the winter here.

Been very dry up here. England is considering hosepipe
bans.
ignore
those, they're pointless, 96% of water usage is industrial.

I mostly just notice the sillier calls some of them
have and make snide remarks about bird brains.

What is a "silly" bird call?

I'll record one. Remarkably silly.

[waits]

Didn't hear any yesterday.

[waits more]

Still none, and since its sposed to drizzle a bit today, unlikely
be
any
today either.

Soggy continent :-) I haven't had rain in weeks.

We didn't for months. Only got 7mm. More due on Tuesday tho.

How do you guys get enough drinking water?

I'm in an irrigation area. The water is collected in the Snowy Scheme
which has immense dams and it comes from there thru the existing
rivers and we use it from there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowy_Mountains_Scheme

Do you have desalination plants?

Some of the capital citys do. They don't produce
most of the water for those capital citys tho.

His complaint failed, as by law the council had to tell
me
they
were going to make a recording, so I put them indoors
:-)

That's when he poisoned the cats and they ended up so
weird }-(

I didn't have them at that point. Another neighbour has
reported
me
the SSPCA for having "15 underfed cats breeding out of
control".
They
came round and found 5 cats well looked after. I told
them
fine
them
for wasting the charity's time, but apparently it happens
all
the
time
and they don't care?

I've only ever had the one complaint to the council, when
the
silly woman who I know so well that they chose to buy the
bare
block of land next to me after we were all living in that
block
of flats discovered a snake. Not even a poisonous one.

They complained about you because of a snake?!

Yep, I don't bother to mow my lawns and it's a bit of a
jungle.

Lot of a jungle, actually.

Not really your fault then.

True.

Did they think it was your pet?

Nope.

Did they not realise they are living wild in Australia?

It was just her, he's not that stupid.

Women are of lower intelligence.

That one certainly is. Rabid god botherer too.

Oh dear. They ought to eradicate all god worshippers. Bring
back
Hitler.

Bit hard, the corpse was burnt and we havent worked
out how to clone humans from burnt bones yet.

Or someone similar.

No one has got within a bulls roar of him for centurys.

Even Vlad the Impaler wasn't a patch on him.

Trump and BNP are getting there.

Nope, nothing even remotely like it.

Gotta start somewhere.

He'll never get within a bulls roar of what Adolf managed.

You'll see.

Yep, never getting within a bulls roar of what Adolf managed.

Soon it will be too late.

Nope. They'll never amount to a hill of beans, you watch.

They multiply like rabbits.

Nope, none of those I know have more than 2
brats, just like most of the other people I know.

They do here. Usually about 7.

Nope.

At our expense.

Only because you lot are stupid enough to hand them that.

Indeed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 May 2017 00:22:36 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 22:14:03 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 23:36:15 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 19:01:16 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

Not when it tracks the person and lion.

Not possible if the person is moving relative to the lion.

Corse it is, you track so both are still in the field of view.

One has to wobble.

Nope, not with massive great shoulder mounted gyro stabilised camera.

If the person and the lion are moving at different speeds, one has to be
un-stationary in the film.

That's not wobble, that's move.

WTF?

--
Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Not when it tracks the person and lion.

Not possible if the person is moving relative to the lion.

Corse it is, you track so both are still in the field of view.

One has to wobble.

Nope, not with massive great shoulder mounted gyro stabilised camera.

If the person and the lion are moving at different speeds, one has to be
un-stationary in the film.

That's not wobble, that's move.

WTF?

Even you should be able to manage that
sentence, there is only one bigger word.