Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default More of Mikes kittens

On Sun, 07 May 2017 21:08:48 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 20:31:21 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:21:31 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Sunday, 23 April 2017 19:16:52 UTC+1,
wrote:
On Sunday, 23 April 2017 17:56:12 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Meanwhile someone's house is burning down.

I'm sure they have the ability to prioritise calls

Could be an advantage if they are already out on call means they habve
their gear on the the engine is on the road.

Rubbish.

Nope, he's right there, they are all dressed up
for the event when out rescuing a stupid cat.

They could just be dressed up all the time

Not practical with fire proof clothing.

So you're suggesting they put on fire proof clothing to rescue a cat just so they're ready for a fire that might happen? Instead of just putting on the clothing anyway?

if it would mean they could save lives quicker.

It wouldn't. It takes time to get to where the fire
is, run out the hoses etc. They don't tear up in the
fire engine and run inside as soon as it stope.

Please rewrite in English.

Otherwise they'd move the fire station to that place

All the cats don't end up stuck up the same tree.

There is an optimal place for the fire engines.

The reality is that the fire station stays where it was
originally built as more houses and building get built.

Stupid idea.

Not where the cat happens to be.

The difference is that the fire engine etc is already on the road.

Then leave it parked on a road.

It's also a bit of practice for new recruits. if you haventl the skills
to climb a ladder to rescue a cat you shouldn't be relied upon to
rescue humans.

Those skills are learned as a child.

No child learns how to get another child down a ladder over their
shoulder.

It's not that difficult.

Sure, but children don't learn that, even in the scouts etc.

I never got told how to use a ladder, yet I can. Funny that.

--
A woman standing nude in front of a mirror says to her husband: "I look horrible, I feel fat and ugly, pay me a compliment."
He replies, "Your eyesight is perfect."