Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My ruined credit rating

On Sunday, 6 November 2016 19:39:12 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Wonder why that made it go ?

The shock.

https://mddsfoundation.wordpress.com...disembarkment/

Hopefully the MdDS wont recur. What do you plan to do if it does ?

It won't - it was a one off

Getting free of Fentanyl though was worse than anything
I had to go through in my life, but that's another story.

It would be interesting to know the detail of that story too.

Fentanyl is a synthetic opiate painkiller that is much stronger than morphine or heroin - in fact, it is 50 to 100 times more powerful than morphine. This drug is only given to those people who are already taking opiates for pain. A person who uses or abuses this drug who is not accustomed to taking opiates is very likely to kill himself due to its strength. It takes effect quite rapidly but then its effects pass off rather rapidly as well.

http://www.narconon.org/drug-information/fentanyl.html

I had to come off that **** before I went back to work, but nobody tells you how to get off it, so our lass rang up the quacks after I tried to go cold turkey and was crawling up the walls.

They said to go from 50ugh-1 to 37.5, then 25, then 12.5 and finally 0 with a 1 week gap between the drops, but our lass said that I was crying every day due to the withdrawals, so the head quack said sorry as there was supposed to be a 4 week gap, not 1.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 06 Nov 2016 12:55:32 -0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

bm wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Sunday, 6 November 2016 11:28:51 UTC, bm wrote:

Why don't you **** off with your crap, maybe try a working version of
suicide.

No can do - I start this new job on 6DEC16.

http://bit.ly/2eLylzc

NOBODY GIVES A **** YOU CRAZY TOOL.
.

I don't know. I'm mildly interested in his story. No more off-topic in
a diy group than Brexit and ramblings of elderly, demented bigots.

You say that like bigotry ids a bad thing.

--
COWS, CALVES: NEVER BRED. Also 1 gay bull for sale.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Wonder why that made it go ?

The shock.

You dont know that.

https://mddsfoundation.wordpress.com...disembarkment/

Anecdotes aint anything even remotely like rigorous science.

Hopefully the MdDS wont recur. What do you plan to do if it does ?

It won't - it was a one off

You dont know that either.

Getting free of Fentanyl though was worse than anything
I had to go through in my life, but that's another story.

It would be interesting to know the detail of that story too.

Fentanyl is a synthetic opiate painkiller that is much stronger
than morphine or heroin - in fact, it is 50 to 100 times more
powerful than morphine. This drug is only given to those
people who are already taking opiates for pain. A person
who uses or abuses this drug who is not accustomed to
taking opiates is very likely to kill himself due to its strength.

Just because some fool claims something...

It takes effect quite rapidly but then
its effects pass off rather rapidly as well.

http://www.narconon.org/drug-information/fentanyl.html

I had to come off that **** before I went back
to work, but nobody tells you how to get off it,

Not hard to look it up.

so our lass rang up the quacks after I tried to
go cold turkey and was crawling up the walls.

They said to go from 50ugh-1 to 37.5, then 25, then 12.5 and
finally 0 with a 1 week gap between the drops, but our lass said
that I was crying every day due to the withdrawals, so the head
quack said sorry as there was supposed to be a 4 week gap, not 1.

So you should have looked it up.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Bernie wrote:
On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 16:27:54 -0000 (UTC)
Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:
pamela wrote:

On 12:55 6 Nov 2016, Roger Hayter wrote:

bm wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Sunday, 6 November 2016 11:28:51 UTC, bm wrote:

Why don't you **** off with your crap, maybe try a working
version of suicide.

No can do - I start this new job on 6DEC16.

http://bit.ly/2eLylzc

NOBODY GIVES A **** YOU CRAZY TOOL.
.
I don't know. I'm mildly interested in his story. No more
off-topic in a diy group than Brexit and ramblings of elderly,
demented bigots.

Presumably the bigotry you ascribe is your personal opinion of
their person opinion.

However how do you know which people here are elderly and how do
you know they have dementia?

It is Revealed to me in dreams; or sometimes I just assume it
applies to anyone I disagree with who seems to have been around a
long time.

Like Burt.

I think you'll like the DIY group; you and TurNiP will get along like a
zoo on fire.

I've already unsubscribed again, it's not my cup of tea at all. Five
minutes reading a bunch of threads there suggests it's barely a rung above
uk.misc, a goddamn freakshow!

--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

bm wrote:

[...]

Underneath all that there exists a highly active, responsive and useful
do it yourself group. If you ever have a problem in the general area of
any kind of DIY it is worth asking there. The political discussion is
just general chatter.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:

Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

bm wrote:

[...]

Ok, noted and thanks.

--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 6 November 2016 20:08:11 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
ven you should be able to manage to go out in the car
and do it in the car where someone who knows nothing
about you will find you

Our lass was clever - she hid the house and car keys, even putting false keys on my own "secret" stash of keys. I could not even get out of the windows.

Trivial to do it in your car away from home with a decent note
that makes it completely clear that it was suicide so the cops etc
dont have to waste a lot of time working out what happened.

I left them my driving licence and went feet first, what more could they want?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
Roger Hayter wrote:

Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

bm wrote:

[...]

....and it would appear, you're still following this group. ;-)

Despite the "noise" there is still some useful "signal". Enough to make the
group still useful, despite the best efforts of the trolls and the troll
feeders.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Even you should be able to manage to go out in
the car and do it in the car where someone who
knows nothing about you will find you

Our lass was clever - she hid the house and car keys,
even putting false keys on my own "secret" stash of
keys. I could not even get out of the windows.

Not possible to lock someone in the house forever.

Trivial to leave without the car and drink some nembutal somewhere.

Trivial to do it in your car away from home with a decent note
that makes it completely clear that it was suicide so the cops etc
dont have to waste a lot of time working out what happened.

I left them my driving licence and went
feet first, what more could they want?

A note does simplify things for them.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

bm wrote:

[...]

It's in the same death spiral as ukra, but not so niche. So it'll linger
longer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 6 November 2016 20:29:48 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

They said to go from 50ugh-1 to 37.5, then 25, then 12.5 and
finally 0 with a 1 week gap between the drops, but our lass said
that I was crying every day due to the withdrawals, so the head
quack said sorry as there was supposed to be a 4 week gap, not 1.

So you should have looked it up.

I would have done, but our lass stupidly thought they were infallible, like most people do.

That is why I never went to the quacks in the first place as they would have wasted weeks with vestibular checks and brain scans - they would, after 3 months, have concluded that I indeed had MdDS, but as there was no cure - sod off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 21:01:06 -0000 (UTC)
Tim+ wrote:

Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
Roger Hayter wrote:

Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

bm wrote:

[...]

You're cross-posting to a group he does follow.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:
Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
Roger Hayter wrote:

Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

bm wrote:

[...]

I'm seeing the crossposts in ukra. :-)

Despite the "noise" there is still some useful "signal". Enough to make the
group still useful, despite the best efforts of the trolls and the troll
feeders.

I read the group for a while a couple of years or so ago and it seemed
useful then, certainly less of the drivel that seems to be the current
vogue anyway.

--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2016 20:38, Roger Hayter wrote:
wrote:

I've already unsubscribed again, it's not my cup of tea at all. Five
minutes reading a bunch of threads there suggests it's barely a rung above
uk.misc, a goddamn freakshow!

Underneath all that there exists a highly active, responsive and useful
do it yourself group. If you ever have a problem in the general area of
any kind of DIY it is worth asking there. The political discussion is
just general chatter.

Keep in mind you're talking to someone whose approach to fixing a rig
problem is a little light percussive maintenance followed by flogging it
on ebay. As a result it can be expected that a performance-based outcome
group like uk.d-i-y might to him be somewhat similar to a
pearls-before-swine scenario.

--
Spike

We are not only our brother's keeper; in countless large and small ways,
we are our brother's maker.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I've already unsubscribed again, it's not my cup of tea at all.
Five minutes reading a bunch of threads there suggests it's barely
a rung above uk.misc, a goddamn freakshow!

Underneath all that there exists a highly active, responsive and
useful do it yourself group. If you ever have a problem in the
general area of any kind of DIY it is worth asking there. The
political discussion is just general chatter.

Keep in mind you're talking to someone whose approach to fixing a rig
problem is a little light percussive maintenance followed by flogging
it on ebay. As a result it can be expected that a performance-based
outcome group like uk.d-i-y might to him be somewhat similar to a
pearls-before-swine scenario.

But, you would say that, wouldn't you.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Stephen Thomas
Cole escribió:

I've already unsubscribed again, it's not my cup of tea at all. Five
minutes reading a bunch of threads there suggests it's barely a rung above
uk.misc, a goddamn freakshow!

It's pretty good if you killfile the loonies (the same ones pop in most
of uk.* so are easy to spot). A lot of informed and informative people
post.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 6 November 2016 20:29:48 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

So you should have looked it up.

Look up Telogen Effluvium which is what I got in Dec 2013.

In short, I had to go from a 10st skeleton, with no hair, with a 100x heroin addiction and every limb smashed to bits into a 13st, fit, strong worker with a full head of hair.

BUT I DID IT!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote

Look up Telogen Effluvium which is what I got in Dec 2013.

In short, I had to go from a 10st skeleton, with no hair, with
a 100x heroin addiction and every limb smashed to bits

Which wouldnt have happened if you had had enough of a
clue to look up much more effective ways of killing yourself.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2016 23:17, Bernie wrote:

wrote:

I've already unsubscribed again, it's not my cup of tea at all.
Five minutes reading a bunch of threads there suggests it's barely
a rung above uk.misc, a goddamn freakshow!

Underneath all that there exists a highly active, responsive and
useful do it yourself group. If you ever have a problem in the
general area of any kind of DIY it is worth asking there. The
political discussion is just general chatter.

Keep in mind you're talking to someone whose approach to fixing a rig
problem is a little light percussive maintenance followed by flogging
it on ebay. As a result it can be expected that a performance-based
outcome group like uk.d-i-y might to him be somewhat similar to a
pearls-before-swine scenario.

But, you would say that, wouldn't you.

Don't forget Spike's (in)famous repair experience involving a variable
capacitor- reported by him.

Conversely, the 'percussive maintenance' reference is almost certainly
one of his 'inventions', which he so often reports at 'convenient'
times, and can be safely disregarded as bovine muck.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I've known about percussive maintenance since the 1960s and I don't think
I've ever met Spike.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

charles wrote:

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:

snip

Don't forget Spike's (in)famous repair experience involving a variable
capacitor- reported by him.

Conversely, the 'percussive maintenance' reference is almost certainly
one of his 'inventions', which he so often reports at 'convenient'
times, and can be safely disregarded as bovine muck.

I've known about percussive maintenance since the 1960s and I don't think
I've ever met Spike.

SOP with valve television sets!

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/16 08:36, charles wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The devil is in the detail, please read Spike's reference to the use of
percussive maintenance. Spike has an establish history of producing
stories which match his 'agenda' with remarkable timing. However, said
stories often conflict with each other or basic facts/common sense/ etc.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/16 09:57, Roger Hayter wrote:
charles wrote:

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:

snip

Don't forget Spike's (in)famous repair experience involving a variable
capacitor- reported by him.

Conversely, the 'percussive maintenance' reference is almost certainly
one of his 'inventions', which he so often reports at 'convenient'
times, and can be safely disregarded as bovine muck.

I've known about percussive maintenance since the 1960s and I don't think
I've ever met Spike.

SOP with valve television sets!

I'm surprised you didn't say 'or those resisting arrest' Roger.

I suppose the marital boot could be classed as an extreme form of
percussive maintenance, it certainly shifts the problem. (Not that I can
speak from personal experience.)

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:
charles wrote:

In article , Brian Reay wrote:

snip

Don't forget Spike's (in)famous repair experience involving a
variable capacitor- reported by him.

Conversely, the 'percussive maintenance' reference is almost
certainly one of his 'inventions', which he so often reports at
'convenient' times, and can be safely disregarded as bovine muck.

I've known about percussive maintenance since the 1960s and I don't
think I've ever met Spike.

SOP with valve television sets!

I was thinking about Marconi BD850 monitors

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/2016 08:36, charles wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:

Don't forget Spike's (in)famous repair experience involving a variable
capacitor- reported by him.

Conversely, the 'percussive maintenance' reference is almost certainly
one of his 'inventions', which he so often reports at 'convenient'
times, and can be safely disregarded as bovine muck.

I've known about percussive maintenance since the 1960s and I don't think
I've ever met Spike.

My (in)famous repair experience involving a variable capacitor -
reported by me - involved neither percussive maintenance nor ebay. It
was caused by some unknown engineer's inability to leave a good design
alone, and make an 'improvement'.

--
Spike

We are not only our brother's keeper; in countless large and small ways,
we are our brother's maker.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/16 11:38, Stephen Thomas Troll wrote:
On Mon, 07 Nov 2016 00:09:37 +0000, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

En el artÃ*culo , Stephen Thomas
Cole escribió:

I've already unsubscribed again, it's not my cup of tea at all. Five
minutes reading a bunch of threads there suggests it's barely a rung
above uk.misc, a goddamn freakshow!

It's pretty good if you killfile the loonies (the same ones pop in most
of uk.* so are easy to spot). A lot of informed and informative people
post.

Perhaps you're not seeing it clearly? After all, you've only recently
noticed that TurNiP is an arsehole.

How quaint.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

En el artículo . com,
Stephen Thomas Troll escribió:

After all, you've only recently
noticed that TurNiP is an arsehole.

He used to be OK. It's only recently he's gone off on one.

Isn't it time to give up the fr0gging and get a life?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

"Stephen Thomas Cole" wrote in message
Tim+ wrote:
Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
Roger Hayter wrote:

Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

bm wrote:

[...]

then you started posting ........

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

charles wrote:

In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:
charles wrote:

In article , Brian Reay wrote:

snip

Don't forget Spike's (in)famous repair experience involving a
variable capacitor- reported by him.

Conversely, the 'percussive maintenance' reference is almost
certainly one of his 'inventions', which he so often reports at
'convenient' times, and can be safely disregarded as bovine muck.

I've known about percussive maintenance since the 1960s and I don't
think I've ever met Spike.

SOP with valve television sets!

I was thinking about Marconi BD850 monitors

Same difference, I expect.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/2016 12:25, James Stewart wrote:
wrote

I read the group for a while a couple of years or so ago and it seemed
useful then, certainly less of the drivel that seems to be the current
vogue anyway.

then you started posting ........

Is this a parallel with his local repeaters? The ones that went quiet
after he got his licence?

--
Spike

We are not only our brother's keeper; in countless large and small ways,
we are our brother's maker.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

"Spike" wrote in message
On 07/11/2016 12:25, James Stewart wrote:
wrote

I read the group for a while a couple of years or so ago and it seemed
useful then, certainly less of the drivel that seems to be the current
vogue anyway.

then you started posting ........

Is this a parallel with his local repeaters? The ones that went quiet
after he got his licence?

some people just feck up everything they touch ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 7 November 2016 12:39:27 UTC, Spike wrote:
On 07/11/2016 12:25, James Stewart wrote:
wrote

I read the group for a while a couple of years or so ago and it seemed
useful then, certainly less of the drivel that seems to be the current
vogue anyway.

then you started posting ........

Is this a parallel with his local repeaters? The ones that went quiet
after he got his licence?

Is G8ASO still active?

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Don't forget Spike's (in)famous repair experience involving a variable
capacitor- reported by him.

Conversely, the 'percussive maintenance' reference is almost certainly
one of his 'inventions', which he so often reports at 'convenient'
times, and can be safely disregarded as bovine muck.

I've known about percussive maintenance since the 1960s and I don't think
I've ever met Spike.

My (in)famous repair experience involving a variable capacitor - reported
by me - involved neither percussive maintenance nor ebay. It was caused by
some unknown engineer's inability to leave a good design alone, and make
an 'improvement'.

I remember the days of 'motorcycle tightness'. The procedure was to tighten
the first bolt until it sheared, then tighten the rest to a quarter turn
less.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/2016 16:05, FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI wrote:

I remember the days of 'motorcycle tightness'. The procedure was to
tighten the first bolt until it sheared, then tighten the rest to a
quarter turn less.

Don't laugh...

A company had been contracted to build a spacecraft - it might have been
intended for Jupiter - and the structure was based on bolted-up
elements. Came the day for the first assembly, and as the
special-material bolts were tightened, they sheared. Puzzled, the
engineers stopped the assembly and checked the remaining bolts, their
spec, their audit trail, etc, but could find nothing wrong. Eventually
they worked out that the small amount of heating that resulted as they
were being given the final torquing-up was enough to reduce some
material property to a level the bolt could not sustain. They solved the
problem by tightening the bolts in very small increments and allowed
plenty of time for thermal re-equilibration.

--
Spike

We are not only our brother's keeper; in countless large and small ways,
we are our brother's maker.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

"Spike" wrote in message
[...]

never try to undo bolts on a Koeran car ....