Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sad and pathetic leftwingers trying to absolve Obama for theirbudget ceiling stunt & resulting credit rating downgrade

On 8/10/2011 11:21 PM, Too_Many_Toots wrote:
In
(Ray Fischer) wrote:

Beam Me Up wrote:
On 8/9/2011 9:56 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 08:54:46 -1000, "Jerry Okamura"
wrote:

Did the downgrade happen on his watch, or didn't it?

That is NOT a relevant issue

Bush was blamed for 9/11 being on his watch.....

http://articles.cnn.com/2004-04-10/p...PM:ALLPOLITICS

Bush got blamed for Clintons' WMD war.

http://articles.cnn.com/1998-12-
16/politics/1998_12_16_transcripts_clinton_1_saddam-hussein-
unscom-iraq-strike?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

Earlier today, I ordered Americas armed forces to strike
military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by
British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraqs
nuclear,chemical and biological weapons programs and its
military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United
States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle
East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighborsor
the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biologicalweapons.

I want to explain why I have decided, with the unanimous
recommendation of my national security team, to use force in
Iraq; why we have acted now; and what we aim to accomplish.

Six weeks ago, Saddam Hussein announced that he would no longer
cooperate with the United Nations weapons inspectors called
UNSCOM. They are highly professional experts from dozens of
countries. Their job is to oversee the elimination of Iraqs
capability to retain, create and use weapons of mass
destruction, and to verify that Iraq does not attempt to rebuild
that capability.

The inspectors undertook this mission first 7.5 years ago at the
end of the Gulf War when Iraq agreed to declare and destroy its
arsenal as a condition of the cease fire.

The international community had good reason to set this
requirement. Other countries possess weapons of mass destruction
and ballistic missiles. With Saddam, there is one big difference
He has used them. Not once, but repeatedly. Unleashing chemical
weapons against Iranian troops during a decade long war. Not
only against soldiers, but against civilians, firing Scud
missiles at the citizens of Israel, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and
Iran. And not only against a foreign enemy,but even against his
own people, gassing Kurdish civilians in Northern Iraq.

The international community had little doubt then, and I have no
doubt today, that left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will use these
terrible weapons again.

The United States has patiently worked to preserve UNSCOM as
Iraq has sought to avoid its obligation to cooperate with the
inspectors. On occasion, we've had to threaten military
force,and Saddam has backed down.

Faced with Saddams latest act of defiance in late October,we
built intensive diplomatic pressure on Iraq backed by
overwhelming military force in the region. The UN Security
Council voted 15 to zero to condemn Saddams actions and to
demand that he immediately come into compliance.

Don't you dummykkkrats just hate it when you get busted over and
over for telling the same lies?

I don't see why they should. If you say they're lying all that means is
they are probably telling the truth. The question ought to be how come
it never bothers you that everything you say is wrong? If this was
school you'd be the kid with the lowest grades in class. You're not
smart enough to know it that's embarrassing.

Hawke