Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default My ruined credit rating

On 07/11/16 09:57, Roger Hayter wrote:
charles wrote:

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:

snip

Don't forget Spike's (in)famous repair experience involving a variable
capacitor- reported by him.

Conversely, the 'percussive maintenance' reference is almost certainly
one of his 'inventions', which he so often reports at 'convenient'
times, and can be safely disregarded as bovine muck.

I've known about percussive maintenance since the 1960s and I don't think
I've ever met Spike.

SOP with valve television sets!

I'm surprised you didn't say 'or those resisting arrest' Roger.

I suppose the marital boot could be classed as an extreme form of
percussive maintenance, it certainly shifts the problem. (Not that I can
speak from personal experience.)