Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to remove a parked car

If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

--
Mick and Paddy are reading head stones at a nearby cemetery.
Mick says "Crikey! There's a bloke here who was 152!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 14 August 2016 16:37:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

--
Mick and Paddy are reading head stones at a nearby cemetery.
Mick says "Crikey! There's a bloke here who was 152!"
Paddy says "What's his name?"
Mick replies "Miles, from London!"

The road in front of your house is not yours.
Anyone can park there subject to yellow lines etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places. Not MoT'ed and SORN'ed.
Been there for 18 months. Interior now all gone moldy.

Council slapped a removal notice on it, but owners contacted them
and said they hoped to get it working again, which technically
means it's not abandoned, so council can't remove it.

Council however reported it to DVLA because it's SORNed and on the
public road, but DLVA did nothing.

A local policeman also tried to get it removed, but couldn't find
any way to do so and gave up.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"harry" wrote in message
On Sunday, 14 August 2016 16:37:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

The road in front of your house is not yours.
Anyone can park there subject to yellow lines etc.

Does that include parking across your drive so you can't get your car in or
out? I know that you can't lay claim to the road *opposite* or *either side
of* your drive.

We have problems with people (relatives visiting to the house opposite) who
choose to park directly opposite our drive rather than a few yards one way
or the other (between our drive and either of our neighbours). It makes it a
bit more difficult to reverse our car onto our drive or to drive it out, but
it's not the end of the world. I asked politely once whether they'd be able
to park a few yards either way, and was told "I'll park wherever I f*cking
like, mate - and don't you f*cking bash my f*cking car". I suspect envy:
although all the houses along our bit of the street used to be council
houses, the ones on the opposite side of the road were built with no drives
(they have a communal car park 100 yards up the road) and those houses are
mainly still owned by the housing association, whereas those on our side
have drives and many were sold off in Maggie's Right to Buy scheme in the
80s.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places. Not MoT'ed and SORN'ed.
Been there for 18 months. Interior now all gone moldy.

Council slapped a removal notice on it, but owners contacted them
and said they hoped to get it working again, which technically
means it's not abandoned, so council can't remove it.

Council however reported it to DVLA because it's SORNed and on the
public road, but DLVA did nothing.

I thought it was an offence to have a car on a public road without an MOT?

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places.

When I was a young and stupid teenager I would have moved it for £20 cash
and no questions asked.

Dunno what they charge now.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim+
writes
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places. Not MoT'ed and SORN'ed.
Been there for 18 months. Interior now all gone moldy.

Council slapped a removal notice on it, but owners contacted them
and said they hoped to get it working again, which technically
means it's not abandoned, so council can't remove it.

Council however reported it to DVLA because it's SORNed and on the
public road, but DLVA did nothing.

I thought it was an offence to have a car on a public road without an MOT?

Tim

And taxed and insured.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"jim" k wrote in message
o.uk...
"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places.

When I was a young and stupid teenager I would have moved it for £20 cash
and no questions asked.

Dunno what they charge now.

How much do you charge these days?
:-D

I am Mr Mature and I no longer do such things.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8/14/2016 6:53 PM, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places. Not MoT'ed and SORN'ed.
Been there for 18 months. Interior now all gone moldy.

Council slapped a removal notice on it, but owners contacted them
and said they hoped to get it working again, which technically
means it's not abandoned, so council can't remove it.

Council however reported it to DVLA because it's SORNed and on the
public road, but DLVA did nothing.

A local policeman also tried to get it removed, but couldn't find
any way to do so and gave up.

That's *really* depressing. I think I would give the MP a try, IME some
jobsworths get amazingly creative when threatened by elected
representatives.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places.

When I was a young and stupid teenager I would have moved it for £20 cash
and no questions asked.

Dunno what they charge now.

How much do you charge these days?
:-D
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 18:05:41 +0100, harry wrote:

On Sunday, 14 August 2016 16:37:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

The road in front of your house is not yours.
Anyone can park there subject to yellow lines etc.

Everybody round here has adequate driveways to park their cars in. Parking on the road is chavvy and inconsiderate.

--
Einstein married his cousin, Elsa Lowenthal, after his first marriage failed in 1919.
At the time he stated that he was attracted to Elsa "because she was so well endowed".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 19:02:24 +0100, NY wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
On Sunday, 14 August 2016 16:37:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

The road in front of your house is not yours.
Anyone can park there subject to yellow lines etc.

Does that include parking across your drive so you can't get your car in or
out? I know that you can't lay claim to the road *opposite* or *either side
of* your drive.

There's a double yellow line I noticed in the next town, for no reason other than it's opposite someone's driveway. Very strange. I always park on it, guaranteed space.

We have problems with people (relatives visiting to the house opposite) who
choose to park directly opposite our drive rather than a few yards one way
or the other (between our drive and either of our neighbours). It makes it a
bit more difficult to reverse our car onto our drive or to drive it out, but
it's not the end of the world.

I don't seem to have this problem, your turning circle must be even worse than mine.

What ****es me off (and no doubt bus/lorry/large van drivers more) is absolute ****wits who park on the other side of the road to everyone else, creating a slalom. Is it so much effort to walk across the road when you get home?!

--
Peter is listening to Psy - Gangnam style
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 19:11:08 +0100, Tim+ wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places. Not MoT'ed and SORN'ed.
Been there for 18 months. Interior now all gone moldy.

Council slapped a removal notice on it, but owners contacted them
and said they hoped to get it working again, which technically
means it's not abandoned, so council can't remove it.

Council however reported it to DVLA because it's SORNed and on the
public road, but DLVA did nothing.

I thought it was an offence to have a car on a public road without an MOT?

I once sold a car to someone on Glasgow, and there was no tax on it. When I realised he had no driveway and was going to park it in the road, I warned him there were lots of traffic wardens about, but he ignored me. A week later he phoned me up to see if I could hurry through the V5, as he needed to collect it from the local pound.

So I really don't understand why a SORNed car isn't taken away immediately.

--
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places.

When I was a young and stupid teenager I would have moved it for £20 cash
and no questions asked.

Dunno what they charge now.

Picking it up and placing it where it's impossible to drive out of is funny.

--
While taking down the vitals for a soon-to-be mom, I asked how much she weighed.
"I really don't know," she said.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power
tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

How ya doin' Mr Macaw AKA Peter Hucker etc?

Yet another change of name and stupid post I see.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote

If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large
power tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of
twig flying everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Trouble with that approach is that you have to be out there
ready with the large power tool when the car shows up.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 14 August 2016 19:02:07 UTC+1, NY wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,

where we are short of parking places. Not MoT'ed and SORN'ed.
Been there for 18 months. Interior now all gone moldy.

We have problems with people (relatives visiting to the house opposite) who
choose to park directly opposite our drive rather than a few yards one way
or the other (between our drive and either of our neighbours). It makes it a
bit more difficult to reverse our car onto our drive or to drive it out, but
it's not the end of the world. I asked politely once whether they'd be able
to park a few yards either way, and was told "I'll park wherever I f*cking
like, mate

Sounds like you two should get your act together. Add some bricks topped with concrete and let the tires down on the best side story. Best wear gloves in the process and hoodies if the petrol tank is empty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim+ writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places. Not MoT'ed and SORN'ed.
Been there for 18 months. Interior now all gone moldy.

Council slapped a removal notice on it, but owners contacted them
and said they hoped to get it working again, which technically
means it's not abandoned, so council can't remove it.

Council however reported it to DVLA because it's SORNed and on the
public road, but DLVA did nothing.

I thought it was an offence to have a car on a public road without an MOT?

I'm not sure it is. It is an offence to drive it without an MoT,
except to drive it to/from a pre-booked MoT appointment.

It is an offence to have it SORNed on the public highway, but
DVLA doesn't seem to care anymore, unless perhaps it's being driven,
as the council told the DVLA who did nothing.

Not sure about insurance if it's not being driven, but it doesn't
have that either. Given the police couldn't remove it, I presume
their provision for confiscating ans crushing cars without insurance
must only apply if they're being driven.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:37:03 +0100, Chris French wrote:

"NY" Wrote in message:
"harry" wrote in message
On Sunday, 14 August 2016 16:37:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

The road in front of your house is not yours.
Anyone can park there subject to yellow lines etc.

Does that include parking across your drive so you can't get your car in or
out? I know that you can't lay claim to the road *opposite* or *either side
of* your drive.

Well, you can't lay claim to the road, but it is a parking offence
to leave a vehicle parked across a dropped kerb (introduced in
the 2004 Traffic Management Act)

That's daft, it should be "across a driveway". I've seen plenty dropped kerbs left where there is no longer a driveway, or driveways where they haven't bothered dropping the kerb.

The council can ticket it, or potentially get a vehicle removed.
Think for single driveways they tend not to enforce this (s it
may well be the householder or someone with permission.) Unless
the householder specifically complains about it.

(According to our local council when I spoke to them about it re
our driveway).

We quite often get people parking across our drive as we are near
the village shops and there is at times limited parking space.
Normally they are just stopping for a minute or two. Annoying if
you want to get out (though normally we aren't,) but not the end
of the world.

We did call the police one night when someone left their car
parked across it and as it happens my wife was on call (O&G
consultant, if she gets called in in the middle of the night,
it's because someone's birth is going pear shaped in a pretty
big way) . They managed after a while to locate the driver and
get them to move it.

If someone blocked the exit to my drive and I needed to get out (especially as urgently as your wife), I'd reverse into the offending car and shove it out of my way.

--
Once upon a time, a long time ago, there was a land called Britain where sensible folk lived. These people used to laugh at their
American "cousins" for all the petty litigation they pursued in an attempt to get compensation for preceived injuries and
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:41:19 +0100, Let It Be wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power
tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

How ya doin' Mr Macaw AKA Peter Hucker etc?

Yet another change of name and stupid post I see.

You're a bit slow on the uptake.

--
The combined weight of all the ants on Earth is about the same as the combined weight of humans.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:48:12 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote

If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large
power tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of
twig flying everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Trouble with that approach is that you have to be out there
ready with the large power tool when the car shows up.

If the car is there when I don't know about it, it doesn't affect me.

--
Peter is listening to "DJ Markski - Ski Mix Volume 51"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:55:58 +0100, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
Tim+ writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"James Wilkinson" writes:
[...]

And so it should. You can't be at fault if you're parked (legally).

--
Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you. -- George Carlin
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 19:15:58 +0100, ARW

"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places.

When I was a young and stupid teenager I would have moved it for £20 cash
and no questions asked.

Dunno what they charge now.

Picking it up and placing it where it's impossible to drive out of is funny.

I once put a Mini Metro into a cargo load that was heading for China.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"NY" writes:
"harry" wrote in message
On Sunday, 14 August 2016 16:37:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

The road in front of your house is not yours.
Anyone can park there subject to yellow lines etc.

Does that include parking across your drive so you can't get your car in or
out? I know that you can't lay claim to the road *opposite* or *either side
of* your drive.

If your driveway has a dropped kerb, it must not be obstructed.

If your driveway doesn't have a dropped kerb...
You commit an offence every time you drive in out across the pavement,
and anyone is allowed to park across it (unless there is some other
parking restriction which prevents this.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2016 21:55, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

It is an offence to have it SORNed on the public highway, but
DVLA doesn't seem to care anymore, unless perhaps it's being driven,
as the council told the DVLA who did nothing.

All they do is issue a charge to the registered keeper.
If he pays it then what else should they do?
I don't know how often they can repeat the charge.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"NY" Wrote in message:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

But its unlikely she drives a wreck of a car like
you do given that she needs something reliable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large
power tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of
twig flying everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Trouble with that approach is that you have to be out there
ready with the large power tool when the car shows up.

If the car is there when I don't know about it, it doesn't affect me.

It does if you happen to be on the net when it gets parked there
and notice it parked there once you stop trolling in here.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 22:38:40 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large
power tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of
twig flying everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Trouble with that approach is that you have to be out there
ready with the large power tool when the car shows up.

If the car is there when I don't know about it, it doesn't affect me.

It does if you happen to be on the net when it gets parked there
and notice it parked there once you stop trolling in here.

When I notice it, then I take action to remove it.

--
Never raise your hands to your kids.
It leaves your groin unprotected.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"NY" Wrote in message:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

Reversing a car slowly into the side of another won't damage it, especially if it has a towbar.

--
Never raise your hands to your kids.
It leaves your groin unprotected.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 22:34:17 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

"NY" Wrote in message:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

Which is illegal to drive across.

Yet everyone does it. There are countless drives like that around here. It is no more dangerous to anyone to drive over one than a dropped one.

--
The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 22:02:42 +0100, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"NY" writes:
"harry" wrote in message
On Sunday, 14 August 2016 16:37:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

The road in front of your house is not yours.
Anyone can park there subject to yellow lines etc.

Does that include parking across your drive so you can't get your car in or
out? I know that you can't lay claim to the road *opposite* or *either side
of* your drive.

If your driveway has a dropped kerb, it must not be obstructed.

If your driveway doesn't have a dropped kerb...
You commit an offence every time you drive in out across the pavement,
and anyone is allowed to park across it (unless there is some other
parking restriction which prevents this.

Only if you're a stupid pedant. Most people are sensible enough to avoid parking in front of a DRIVEWAY, not a dropped kerb.

--
What is the first thing a blonde learns when she takes driving lessons?
You can also sit upright in a car.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places.

When I was a young and stupid teenager I would have moved it for £20 cash
and no questions asked.

Dunno what they charge now.

Picking it up and placing it where it's impossible to drive out of is funny.

I once put a Mini Metro into a cargo load that was heading for China.

Did it leave?

--
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large
power tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of
twig flying everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Trouble with that approach is that you have to be out there
ready with the large power tool when the car shows up.

If the car is there when I don't know about it, it doesn't affect me.

It does if you happen to be on the net when it gets parked there
and notice it parked there once you stop trolling in here.

When I notice it, then I take action to remove it.

But when you notice it there well after the driver has left, a large
power tool such as a brush cutter wont be any use for removing it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"NY" Wrote in message:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

But you wont be able to do that if you have backed your car into your
driveway.

And wont work if you don't have a towbar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:37:03 +0100, Chris French
wrote:

"NY" Wrote in message:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

I don't do stupid things like that

And wont work if you don't have a towbar.

The back of a car is still much stronger than the side.

--
Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you. -- George Carlin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 00:18:57 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large
power tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of
twig flying everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Trouble with that approach is that you have to be out there
ready with the large power tool when the car shows up.

If the car is there when I don't know about it, it doesn't affect me.

It does if you happen to be on the net when it gets parked there
and notice it parked there once you stop trolling in here.

When I notice it, then I take action to remove it.

But when you notice it there well after the driver has left, a large
power tool such as a brush cutter wont be any use for removing it.

When she's in, she's usually in her living room opposite.

--
I like bagpipes. I also like violins when played with a hammer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 00:27:34 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 22:34:17 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

"NY" Wrote in message:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

Nothing to do with danger. A dropped kerb implies that the pavement has
been strengthened where it will be driven over, to protect the services
underneath. Not the case where it's not dropped.

Utter bull****. People park on pavements all the time. And pavements are at least as strong as my driveway.

--
Friends are like condoms: They protect you when things get hard.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 22:34:17 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

"NY" Wrote in message:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

Only in the snobbiest towns would anyone do anything about you driving over your own section of pavement. Why do you think those little ramps sell so well?

--
Friends are like condoms: They protect you when things get hard.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"NY" Wrote in message:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

Not necessarily. Modern plastic bumpers don't last long when you
use the car to shove another car out of the way sideways and the
lights are in fact much more expensive to replace than a new door.

And only someone with a wreck would use the back of the car to do that
anyway.