Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to remove a parked car

In article , James Wilkinson
writes
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 21:17:56 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
writes
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 00:27:34 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 22:34:17 +0100, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:37:03 +0100, Chris French

wrote:

"NY" Wrote in message:
"harry" wrote in message
On Sunday, 14 August 2016 16:37:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large

such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

The road in front of your house is not yours.
Anyone can park there subject to yellow lines etc.

Does that include parking across your drive so you can't get
your car in
or
out? I know that you can't lay claim to the road *opposite* or *either
side
of* your drive.

Well, you can't lay claim to the road, but it is a parking offence
to leave a vehicle parked across a dropped kerb (introduced in
the 2004 Traffic Management Act)

That's daft, it should be "across a driveway". I've seen plenty dropped
kerbs
left where there is no longer a driveway, or driveways where
they haven't
bothered dropping the kerb.

Which is illegal to drive across.

Yet everyone does it. There are countless drives like that around
here. It
is no more dangerous to anyone to drive over one than a dropped one.

Nothing to do with danger. A dropped kerb implies that the pavement has
been strengthened where it will be driven over, to protect the services
underneath. Not the case where it's not dropped.

Utter bull****. People park on pavements all the time. And pavements
are at least as strong as my driveway.

A few pavements notably in London have been strengthened to take park
cars, but mostly they haven't and the result is that they sink, slabs
break and become a serious hazard for the elderly.

Hardly ever happens, and they should look where they're going. Anyway
if there's car parked there, they can't trip on them :-)

You really are a dick
plonk
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , James Wilkinson
writes
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 21:22:27 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
writes
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 09:18:20 +0100, dennis@home
wrote:

On 15/08/2016 00:57, James Wilkinson wrote:

Only in the snobbiest towns would anyone do anything about you driving
over your own section of pavement. Why do you think those little ramps
sell so well?

If you find one of those hazards while you are driving you take it to
the tip.
If it reappears you get the council to take it to the tip and issue a fine.
There is enough litter about without little ramps being left about.

If you STOLE mine, I'd fit another and boobytrap it with explosives so
I could find out who did it.

No you wouldn't.

You have no idea what I do when angry.

Bull**** - and I have kill-filed you as your posts are mindless crap.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
Tim+ writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places. Not MoT'ed and SORN'ed.
Been there for 18 months. Interior now all gone moldy.

Council slapped a removal notice on it, but owners contacted them
and said they hoped to get it working again, which technically
means it's not abandoned, so council can't remove it.

Council however reported it to DVLA because it's SORNed and on the
public road, but DLVA did nothing.

I thought it was an offence to have a car on a public road without an MOT?

I'm not sure it is. It is an offence to drive it without an MoT,
except to drive it to/from a pre-booked MoT appointment.

It is an offence to have it SORNed on the public highway, but
DVLA doesn't seem to care anymore, unless perhaps it's being driven,
as the council told the DVLA who did nothing.

Maybe that's why their income is down considerably since they scrapped
tax discs.
Not sure about insurance if it's not being driven, but it doesn't
have that either. Given the police couldn't remove it, I presume
their provision for confiscating ans crushing cars without insurance
must only apply if they're being driven.

--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/2016 11:33, Bob Eager wrote:

I bet you get really ****ed when people take over your troll and talk
about stuff, while ignoring you.

Yes, I'm enjoying ignoring him.

So am I now I have told him so.

He will nymshift soon enough.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 11:33:38 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 10:55:57 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

On 15/08/2016 20:38, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 18:34:11 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

Tim+ wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
Correct, legally you can only cross a pavement at a dropped kerb.
But this is too hard for Jimbo to understand.

But not as hard as it seems to be for some folk to realised when
they're being trolled.

Tim

It was obvious from the very beginning.

Only to someone who doesn't have a clue.

I bet you get really ****ed when people take over your troll and talk
about stuff, while ignoring you.

Yes, I'm enjoying ignoring him.

You're only serving to amuse me. And you're not ignoring me if you're talking about me.

--
With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 15/08/2016 00:57, James Wilkinson wrote:

Only in the snobbiest towns would anyone do anything about you driving
over your own section of pavement. Why do you think those little ramps
sell so well?

If you find one of those hazards while you are driving you take it to
the tip.
If it reappears you get the council to take it to the tip and issue a fine.
There is enough litter about without little ramps being left about.

If you STOLE mine, I'd fit another and boobytrap it with explosives so
I could find out who did it.

No you wouldn't.

You have no idea what I do when angry.

Bull****

You know everything about me then do you?

- and I have kill-filed you as your posts are mindless crap.

Oh no! It's the end of the world!

--
The best parliament is a well-hung one?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 15:23:01 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
writes
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 21:17:56 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
writes
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 00:27:34 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 22:34:17 +0100, Tim Streater

wrote:

wrote:

"NY" Wrote in message:
"harry" wrote in message
[...]

You're not allowed to do that twice.

--
Jazz is what you get when you push a blues quartet down a long flight of stairs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 09:34:21 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

James Wilkinson explained on 15/08/2016 :
No it isn't. It's the way I set mine. Most problems occur when someone hits
you while you're driving about. Plus having it on all the time will either
drain the battery or make people think it will, or they have annoying cars
with cig sockets that go off with the ignition.

Mine as near as matters is invisible unless you know it is there, just
the lens visible.

Too much hassle to fit one like that, I just stuck mine to the window. It scares people who nearly hit me when I point to it and say "you're on camera".

It has its own internal battery for when its car
power source is off

Which must be many times smaller than your car battery, so pointless.

and whilst off, it monitors the car for shock or
motion. Either condition then causes the cameras to begin recording.

Which is too late.

--
Wedding rings: the world's smallest handcuffs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 15/08/2016 00:57, James Wilkinson wrote:

Only in the snobbiest towns would anyone do anything about you
driving over your own section of pavement. Why do you think
those little ramps sell so well?

If you find one of those hazards while you are driving you take
it to the tip.
If it reappears you get the council to take it to the tip and
issue a fine. There is enough litter about without little ramps
being left about.

If you STOLE mine, I'd fit another and boobytrap it with
explosives so I could find out who did it.

No you wouldn't.

You have no idea what I do when angry.

Bull**** - and I have kill-filed you as your posts are mindless crap.

Many people have done that.
Phucker is an unemployable 41 year old failure bellend with a useless
degree.
A well known troll who admits to have problems with society.

Sociopath.
http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

"As I've told you before, that's quite normal. It's just not prim and
proper like you, you silly snob".

(Peter Hucker)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

You are also a "well known troll". But at least I don't collect things you've written.

--
40,000 Americans are injured by toilets each year.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
On 16/08/2016 11:33, Bob Eager wrote:

I bet you get really ****ed when people take over your troll and
talk about stuff, while ignoring you.

Yes, I'm enjoying ignoring him.

So am I now I have told him so.

He will nymshift soon enough.

Yes. He does that when people realise who he is. What a ******.

Note for ULM users: "James Wilkinson" is troll
Mr Macaw's latest handle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 19:26:49 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
On 16/08/2016 11:33, Bob Eager wrote:

I bet you get really ****ed when people take over your troll and
talk about stuff, while ignoring you.

Yes, I'm enjoying ignoring him.

So am I now I have told him so.

He will nymshift soon enough.

Yes. He does that when people realise who he is. What a ******.

Note for ULM users: "James Wilkinson" is troll
Mr Macaw's latest handle.

I change it for a change, that is all.

--
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 19:33:43 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
On 16/08/2016 11:33, Bob Eager wrote:

I bet you get really ****ed when people take over your troll and
talk about stuff, while ignoring you.

Yes, I'm enjoying ignoring him.

So am I now I have told him so.

He will nymshift soon enough.

Yes. He does that when people realise who he is. What a ******.

Note for ULM users: "James Wilkinson" is troll
Mr Macaw's latest handle.

I change it for a change, that is all.

Who is Mr Macaw? Not Woddles presumably.

No, I'm Scottish, he's Australian. He usually uses "Rod Speed" unless too many people ignore him, then all his socks are random names and email addresses.

--
The longest word in German is DONAUDAMPFSCHIFFAHRTSELEKTRIZITAETENHAUPTBETRIEBSW ERKBAUUNTERBEAMTENGESELLSCHAFT, "the club for subordinate officials of the head office management of the Danube steamboat electrical services" (name of a pre-war club in Vienna), according to 1996 Guinness.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Few have called me a troll, if they did it was because they did not like my
opinion.
I voice an opinion but do not argue senselessly about it for days on end -
you do. This is called trolling.
I can't remember ever being killfiled, many have killfilled you.

Your insane quotes were described by Bod as "Incredible reading".

Get a job, get a life, get a woman and get away from your keyboard.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Nope, you're as infamous as me, and in about the same number of killfiles.

if they did it was because they did not like my opinion.

Same here.

I voice an opinion but do not argue senselessly about it for days on end -
you do. This is called trolling.

Rubbish. You must make your point clear.

I can't remember ever being killfiled, many have killfilled you.

There are plenty.

Your insane quotes were described by Bod as "Incredible reading".

You can't use Bod to back you up.

Get a job, get a life, get a woman and get away from your keyboard.

You're on here all the time. Aren't you getting any?

--
From Hollywood Squares:
Host Peter Marshall: Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during your first year?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 23:36:19 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 23:11:46 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 22:04:54 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 01:46:29 +0100, Bill Wright

wrote:

On 14/08/2016 19:15, ARW wrote:
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power
tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places.

When I was a young and stupid teenager I would have moved it for £20
cash and no questions asked.

This is one of those occasions when citizens should act, but
surreptitiously so the authorities aren't forced to act. Have a word
in
the ear of the local cops, then late at night pull the car onto a
transporter (smash the glass to release the handbrake and knock it
into
neutral) and take it away. The destination is your choice, but if
it's
left somewhere where it's causing an obstruction the council will
remove
it. A possibility is somewhere along a long straight narrow rural
road.

Interesting, I'd never thought of that - a car, no matter what
immobilisers it has etc, has no way of preventing theft by towing..

That is just plain wrong. A decent GPS based remote alarm system will
prevent that because the owner will be notified and can prevent that.

Someone with a transporter could easily steal any car they liked.

Not when its got a decent GPS based remote alarm system.

Aren't hose only in top end cars?

Nope, completely trivial to add to any car for peanuts.

Most don't bother doing that kind of upgrade.

Irrelevant.

My point is that every car should prevent you from engaging neutral and releasing brakes without the key. It should be part of the immobiliser, like the steering lock.

There is nothing to prevent unlocking of all 4 wheels.

That's wrong too with a decent locking system on the gearshift etc..

Never heard of that.

Then you need to get out more.

Show me a few examples of it on production cars.

Production cars are irrelevant.

They are relevant, as most people have them left at production specs.

--
I learnt so much from my mistakes I think I'll make another.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
On 16/08/2016 11:33, Bob Eager wrote:

I bet you get really ****ed when people take over your troll and
talk about stuff, while ignoring you.

Yes, I'm enjoying ignoring him.

So am I now I have told him so.

He will nymshift soon enough.

Yes. He does that when people realise who he is. What a ******.

Note for ULM users: "James Wilkinson" is
troll Mr Macaw's latest handle.

I change it for a change, that is all.

Who is Mr Macaw? Not Woddles presumably.

James Wilkinson.
Peter Hucker.
Phucker.
Uncle Peter.
Tough Guy.
Lieutenant Scot.
Mr Macaw.
Gefreiter krueger.

Enjoy the ravings of an unemployable psychopath:

I have driven a Ford Sierra 1.6 at 90mph on single track roads
with passing places in the NW of Scotland. ****ing great fun"!

"Vauxhalls and Fords are mass produced. VWs are engineered".

"I am proud of being nicked 10 times, and even prouder of talking my way out
of twice that number of offences".
"Make that 12. 9 speeding offences, 2 seatbelts, and 1 unroadworthy
vehicle".
Now 3 belt offences.

On rape:
"What is wrong is raping someone. It doesn't matter if they are an adult
or a child".
"The problem there is our prudishness. People ought to have sex with
everyone all the time".

On Jimmy Savile:
"If he had done it against their will, they would have come forwards
earlier. The fact that they didn't suggests either he did nothing at all,
or the children liked it".

"Journalists are not human".

"I don't give a **** about the law".
"**** the law".
"It's only illegal is you get caught".
"Something being illegal does not matter".
"The law is irrelevant".

"I am honest".
"Theft is illegal".
"When I was 11 I stole candles from a church".

"I have never found out the purpose of underpants".

"Women are inferior".
"Crying is unnecessary and pathetic. So is screaming. Why do women scream
when they're frightened? Perhaps they realise they're inferior and are
calling for the nearest man"?

"I believe that UFOs have visited us but not in recent times".
"I don't believe in UFOs".
"When someone says "UFO", they do not mean 4000 years ago. Then they would
just be "FO" as they hadn't invented flying yet".

"My IQ is superiour to that of most people".
"I am inferior in some ways but superior in other ways".
"I admit I should not have been born".
"Jobs are for sheeple".

"Some men are hot".

"I can sleep outside in a temperature of -20C wearing only shorts".

"I once took a dump behind some bushes and slid down a hill to wipe my
arse".

"I do not post waffling bull**** or childish insults".
"He is indeed very stupid, and easy to make fun of".

"I am currently eating a sandwich made with bread that has been in my fridge
THREE WEEKS past the sell by date. It is not dry, it is not mouldy, it is
identical to the day I bought it".

"And there's nothing wrong with jumping red lights if you don't cause an
accident"

"I don't want to drive at the speed limit. It's absurdly slow and in fact I
find it more dangerous. It's so tedious I'm in danger of falling asleep.
"Whoever made up the limits must have a really slow brain".
"I think it's stupid to follow a law which is baseless. The law on red
lights is to stop you hitting someone. If there is nobody there, you
cannot hit them".

"If the guy behind me has his lights on too bright. I let him past then
tailgate him with my full beam on until he switches his off".

"I like driving fast and scaring people".

"People who don't know how to shave don't know how to behave."

On mental health:
"Being sectioned just means you are different from others, it doesn't mean
you are wrong".

"If I wanted you to stab me with a knife and kill me, you should not get
into trouble for it".
"I would kill my sister if I thought I'd get away with it".
"I have seriously considered poisoning my father"
"I'm not what most people think of as human".

"I have an IQ of 140".
"I am seldom wrong".
"There is no reason the data stored in our heads cannot be transferred".

"I will not accept money from my neighbours for doing them a favour"
"My neighbour just paid me £40 to brush moss off the roof of her porch
extension. It took me 10 minutes."

"Pain is not harmful. The victim may well want rid of it, but it's no
reason for anyone to rush there".

"Dogs are supposed to live in packs of other dogs, running wild. Not sat in
a house all day".

"We should be allowed to do as we wish within reason. For example":
"Smoke weed in a public place, drive as fast as we like, and do both of
those stark naked. Oh and **** in public".

"Careful drivers tend to get in my way".

"I can only predict two minutes into the future".

Sociopath.
http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

"As I've told you before, that's quite normal. It's just not prim and
proper like you, you silly snob".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Show me.

Bull****.

I voice an opinion but do not argue senselessly about it for days on
end - you do. This is called trolling.

Rubbish. You must make your point clear.

It is called trolling.

I can't remember ever being killfiled, many have killfilled you.

There are plenty.

Show me.

Your insane quotes were described by Bod as "Incredible reading".

You can't use Bod to back you up.

I quoted him. Bod could not back up a toilet.

Get a job, get a life, get a woman and get away from your keyboard.

You're on here all the time. Aren't you getting any?

I log on for a few hours in the evening as you well know. You are here more
or less all day - get a job and a life.
I've a busy life, you have neither and never will have.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 20:25:22 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
[...]

You think some of those are wrong? Explain why.

--
Acupuncture is a jab well done.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I'm not as sad as you and don't collect things.

It's not bull****. People get upset when I disagree with them.

I voice an opinion but do not argue senselessly about it for days on
end - you do. This is called trolling.

Rubbish. You must make your point clear.

It is called trolling.

No, it's called discussion.

I can't remember ever being killfiled, many have killfilled you.

There are plenty.

Show me.

Your insane quotes were described by Bod as "Incredible reading".

You can't use Bod to back you up.

I quoted him. Bod could not back up a toilet.

You were using him to back up your argument.

And plumbers don't back up toilets, they undo that.

Get a job, get a life, get a woman and get away from your keyboard.

You're on here all the time. Aren't you getting any?

I log on for a few hours in the evening as you well know. You are here more
or less all day - get a job and a life.

I'm here on and off here and there, I just type faster than you, ask Bod.

I've a busy life, you have neither and never will have.

Busy trainspotting?

--
My schoolmates would make love to anything that moved, but I never saw any reason to limit myself. - Emo Phillips

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 23:34:48 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 22:59:34 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 21:52:11 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote
Andrew wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Andrew wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Only if you're a stupid pedant. Most people are sensible enough
to avoid parking in front of a DRIVEWAY, not a dropped kerb.

If there is no dropped kerb, then you are not causing any
obstruction.

You are obstructing the DRIVEWAY. The lowered kerb is
a convenience for the householder only. You are a stupid
****ing retard and don't deserve to drive a car.

In fact I would intentionally park across a driveway that
has been built without a dropped kerb just to make a
point that the house owner is a cheapskate.

Do that to me and your car gets keyed (or worse). Grow up.

Then you would end up with a criminal record and I would choose
the most expensive body refinisher to fix my car at your expense.

Only if you had proof.

And the cameras in the car would provide that.

Most people don't have those,

Plenty do now.

Where "plenty" is 5%. I know of a in 1000 people round here with one.

Because that armpit of the world only has chavs like you who drive wrecks.

No, because there aren't enough accidents around here to justify bothering. I only got mine for a laugh.

and if they do they often only run when the ignition is on.

Wrong, as always.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

A lot of cig lighter sockets only work with the ignition, which is where most people plug their cameras in.

It's the way I set mine.

More fool you.

Easier.

Most problems occur when someone hits you while you're driving about.

Most have enough of a clue to also have them record
what happens to the car when its parked as well.

No point.

Plus having it on all the time will either drain the battery

Wrong, as always.

If you have an old battery.

or make people think it will,

Not when the instructions say it wont.

Nobody reads those.

or they have annoying cars with cig sockets that go off with the ignition.

Irrelevant with built in ones.

Those are uncommon.

And they're easy to spot.

Wrong, as always.

Most folk just stick them to the window with the supplied sucker. Where
do you hide yours?

Anywhere that isnt obvious so that if I am at fault
they can't use my own camera to prove I was at fault.

I can very quickly take my camera off the windscreen in the time it takes any other crashed driver to walk over to me.

--
Stupid laws, number 467: In America, it is illegal to put money in someone else's parking meter.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 21:55:26 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 02:06:24 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 01:04:34 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 00:20:45 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 22:37:13 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:37:03 +0100, Chris French
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

The council can ticket it, or potentially get a vehicle removed.
Think for single driveways they tend not to enforce this (s it
may well be the householder or someone with permission.) Unless
the householder specifically complains about it.

(According to our local council when I spoke to them about it re
our driveway).

We quite often get people parking across our drive as we are near
the village shops and there is at times limited parking space.
Normally they are just stopping for a minute or two. Annoying if
you want to get out (though normally we aren't,) but not the end
of the world.

We did call the police one night when someone left their car
parked across it and as it happens my wife was on call (O&G
consultant, if she gets called in in the middle of the night,
it's because someone's birth is going pear shaped in a pretty
big way) . They managed after a while to locate the driver and
get them to move it.

If someone blocked the exit to my drive and I needed to get out
(especially as urgently as your wife), I'd reverse into the
offending
car
and shove it out of my way.

But its unlikely she drives a wreck of a car like
you do given that she needs something reliable.

Reversing a car slowly into the side of another won't damage it,
especially if it has a towbar.

But you wont be able to do that if you have backed your car into your
driveway.

I don't do stupid things like that

And wont work if you don't have a towbar.

The back of a car is still much stronger than the side.

Not necessarily. Modern plastic bumpers don't last long when you
use the car to shove another car out of the way sideways and the
lights are in fact much more expensive to replace than a new door.

I've never ad a problem when someone rams the back of me because they
weren't paying attention.

Sure but that's a separate issue to moving a car parked across your
driveway
that way.

It's slower so LESS damage to the back of the car.

Still much more damage than to the side of the car.

No, doors aren't as strong as the back. The first accident I ever had a woman reversed the same model of car into the side of me in a car park as I drove through it. Virtually no damage to hers, mine was declared a right off.

And it wouldn't work anyway. Even if you don't care about any damage
to your own car, the car shoved would end up in the middle of the road
and you would be legally liable for any damage that occurs to it.

It shouldn't have been illegally parked in the first place. It's now
illegally parked in a different place, so still the ****wit owner's fault.

Nope, legally your fault for shoving it there with your car.

He started it.

And only someone with a wreck would use the back of the car to do that
anyway.

Not if they knew it was stronger than the sides.

The back of your own car isnt if you don't have a towbar.

Backs of cars are not designed to compress like the rest.

But have lights and plastic bumpers that are very easily damaged.

Not at slow speeds. I have pushed cars out of my way before.

--
More than 10,000 people in England and Wales required professional treatment for injuries caused by home telephones in 2002.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson" writes:
[...]

Trouble with that approach is that you're ****ed without the key.

Makes more sense to include a decent GPS based alarm system
that can tell you when someone has shifted your car without
using the key because that can notify you wherever you are in
the world when that happens so you can do something about it.

Even if you do stop the car having the brakes released or put in
neutral without a key, they can just put one end on dolly wheels
and winch the car onto a truck and take it away that way.

There is nothing to prevent unlocking of all 4 wheels.

That's wrong too with a decent locking system on the gearshift etc.

Never heard of that.

Then you need to get out more.

Show me a few examples of it on production cars.

Production cars are irrelevant.

They are relevant, as most people have them left at production specs.

Not if they care about the risk of the car being towed away.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson" writes:
[...]

They already have steering locks, so you can't take it far anyway.

Makes more sense to include a decent GPS based alarm system
that can tell you when someone has shifted your car without
using the key because that can notify you wherever you are in
the world when that happens so you can do something about it.

Better to stop them BEFORE they take it.

Even if you do stop the car having the brakes released or put in
neutral without a key, they can just put one end on dolly wheels
and winch the car onto a truck and take it away that way.

Might as well make it harder for the thieves.

There is nothing to prevent unlocking of all 4 wheels.

That's wrong too with a decent locking system on the gearshift etc.

Never heard of that.

Then you need to get out more.

Show me a few examples of it on production cars.

Production cars are irrelevant.

They are relevant, as most people have them left at production specs.

Not if they care about the risk of the car being towed away.

People assume it won't happen.

--
How do you play Iraqi bingo?
B-52...F-16...B-2
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

And they will see you doing that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Wrong with the lights and the plastic bumper at the back.

The first accident I ever had a woman reversed the same model of car into
the side of me in a car park as I drove through it. Virtually no damage
to hers, mine was declared a right off.

Doesn't happen like that anymore.

And it wouldn't work anyway. Even if you don't care about any damage
to your own car, the car shoved would end up in the middle of the road
and you would be legally liable for any damage that occurs to it.

It shouldn't have been illegally parked in the first place. It's now
illegally parked in a different place, so still the ****wit owner's
fault.

Nope, legally your fault for shoving it there with your car.

He started it.

Irrelevant legally.

And only someone with a wreck would use the back of the car to do
that
anyway.

Not if they knew it was stronger than the sides.

The back of your own car isnt if you don't have a towbar.

Backs of cars are not designed to compress like the rest.

But have lights and plastic bumpers that are very easily damaged.

Not at slow speeds. I have pushed cars out of my way before.

Not with a yaris you havent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson" writes:
[...]

That is what any decent alarm does.

Even if you do stop the car having the brakes released or put in
neutral without a key, they can just put one end on dolly wheels
and winch the car onto a truck and take it away that way.

Might as well make it harder for the thieves.

If that was done with all production cars, they would just use dolly wheels.

That's what's happened with immobilisers, the thieves just invade
the house and grab the keys even when the occupants are in the house.

There is nothing to prevent unlocking of all 4 wheels.

That's wrong too with a decent locking system on the gearshift etc.

Never heard of that.

Then you need to get out more.

Show me a few examples of it on production cars.

Production cars are irrelevant.

They are relevant, as most people have them left at production specs.

Not if they care about the risk of the car being towed away.

People assume it won't happen.

Nope, they realise the insurance covers it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 23:36:19 +0100, Rod Speed

"James Wilkinson" writes:
[...]

No, because it just makes a noise which everybody ignores as most are false alarms.

Even if you do stop the car having the brakes released or put in
neutral without a key, they can just put one end on dolly wheels
and winch the car onto a truck and take it away that way.

Might as well make it harder for the thieves.

If that was done with all production cars, they would just use dolly wheels.

That's what's happened with immobilisers, the thieves just invade
the house and grab the keys even when the occupants are in the house.

The number of car thefts is dramatically less than when we had immobilisers etc.

There is nothing to prevent unlocking of all 4 wheels.

That's wrong too with a decent locking system on the gearshift etc.

Never heard of that.

Then you need to get out more.

Show me a few examples of it on production cars.

Production cars are irrelevant.

They are relevant, as most people have them left at production specs.

Not if they care about the risk of the car being towed away.

People assume it won't happen.

Nope, they realise the insurance covers it.

And therefore don't have a locking gearshift. So back to my point - I've never heard of that.

--
Stupid laws, number 467: In America, it is illegal to put money in someone else's parking meter.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 01:46:29 +0100, Bill Wright

wrote:

On 14/08/2016 19:15, ARW wrote:
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in
message
In article ,
"James Wilkinson" writes:
[...]

Not when its being dragged onto a truck or trailer.

And I don't ignore the neighbours alarms when they go off.

Even if you do stop the car having the brakes released or put in
neutral without a key, they can just put one end on dolly wheels
and winch the car onto a truck and take it away that way.

Might as well make it harder for the thieves.

If that was done with all production cars, they would just use dolly
wheels.

That's what's happened with immobilisers, the thieves just invade
the house and grab the keys even when the occupants are in the house.

The number of car thefts is dramatically less than when we had
immobilisers etc.

Sure, but they would still use dolly wheels if all production cars had that.

There is nothing to prevent unlocking of all 4 wheels.

That's wrong too with a decent locking system on the gearshift
etc.

Never heard of that.

Then you need to get out more.

Show me a few examples of it on production cars.

Production cars are irrelevant.

They are relevant, as most people have them left at production specs.

Not if they care about the risk of the car being towed away.

People assume it won't happen.

Nope, they realise the insurance covers it.

And therefore don't have a locking gearshift. So back to my point - I've
never heard of that.

Then you need to get out more, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew writes:
In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Does that include parking across your drive so you can't get your car
in or out? I know that you can't lay claim to the road *opposite* or
*either side of* your drive.

If your driveway has a dropped kerb, it must not be obstructed.

Yes - at one time you paid extra rates for this. Dunno if it applies with
the council tax.

West Sussex County Council charge over £700 to approve a dropped kerb
application.

If the dropped kerb results in loss of a metered parking bay, the charge
can be very much more, often worked out on the basis of lost parking revenue
over the course of a few years.

--
Andrew Gabriel