Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default How to remove a parked car

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 23:34:48 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 22:59:34 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 21:52:11 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote
Andrew wrote
James Wilkinson wrote
Andrew wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Only if you're a stupid pedant. Most people are sensible enough
to avoid parking in front of a DRIVEWAY, not a dropped kerb.

If there is no dropped kerb, then you are not causing any
obstruction.

You are obstructing the DRIVEWAY. The lowered kerb is
a convenience for the householder only. You are a stupid
****ing retard and don't deserve to drive a car.

In fact I would intentionally park across a driveway that
has been built without a dropped kerb just to make a
point that the house owner is a cheapskate.

Do that to me and your car gets keyed (or worse). Grow up.

Then you would end up with a criminal record and I would choose
the most expensive body refinisher to fix my car at your expense.

Only if you had proof.

And the cameras in the car would provide that.

Most people don't have those,

Plenty do now.

Where "plenty" is 5%. I know of a in 1000 people round here with one.

Because that armpit of the world only has chavs like you who drive wrecks.

No, because there aren't enough accidents around here to justify bothering. I only got mine for a laugh.

and if they do they often only run when the ignition is on.

Wrong, as always.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

A lot of cig lighter sockets only work with the ignition, which is where most people plug their cameras in.

It's the way I set mine.

More fool you.

Easier.

Most problems occur when someone hits you while you're driving about.

Most have enough of a clue to also have them record
what happens to the car when its parked as well.

No point.

Plus having it on all the time will either drain the battery

Wrong, as always.

If you have an old battery.

or make people think it will,

Not when the instructions say it wont.

Nobody reads those.

or they have annoying cars with cig sockets that go off with the ignition.

Irrelevant with built in ones.

Those are uncommon.

And they're easy to spot.

Wrong, as always.

Most folk just stick them to the window with the supplied sucker. Where
do you hide yours?

Anywhere that isnt obvious so that if I am at fault
they can't use my own camera to prove I was at fault.

I can very quickly take my camera off the windscreen in the time it takes any other crashed driver to walk over to me.

--
Stupid laws, number 467: In America, it is illegal to put money in someone else's parking meter.