Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ON topic: Angry homeowner gets revenge on commuter who parked in herdriveway

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-driveway.html

Now that's what I call DIY.

--
Bureaucracy defends the status quo long past the time the quo has lost
its status.

Laurence Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-driveway.html

Now that's what I call DIY.

Thank you for that.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-driveway.html

Now that's what I call DIY.

Ha :-)

Though if it's been such an annoyance over the years one wonders
why she didn't just put in a security post or something on the
drive?

Chris French

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris French wrote:
Though if it's been such an annoyance over the years one wonders
why she didn't just put in a security post or something on the
drive?

Cynical old me wonders if the answer might be that that would have
incovenienced the *other* commuters to whom she was renting space on her
drive.

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Chris French
writes

Though if it's been such an annoyance over the years one wonders
why she didn't just put in a security post or something on the
drive?

I can see that as a solution, but why should she have to? I find it
hard to believe that anyone would actually park on someone else's drive,
but I know they do. My brother was at Blakeney once, when a rare bird
was apparently spotted. He said twitchers arrived from far and wide,
the car park filled immediately and later arrivals just parked anywhere.
On drives, blocking drives, blocking lanes etc. Incredible.
--
Graeme

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"pamela" wrote in message
On 08:20 13 Feb 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...that/12154142/
Angry-homeowner-gets-revenge-on-commuter-who-parked-in-her-drivew
ay.html

Now that's what I call DIY.

Good for her! Although I wonder why the Telegraph showed the
location of her house on a map. It is so clear that they may as
well have posted a link to her exact location on Google Maps.

It tells you where NOT to park!

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

News Wrote in message:
In message , Chris French
writes

Though if it's been such an annoyance over the years one wonders
why she didn't just put in a security post or something on the
drive?

I can see that as a solution, but why should she have to?

Cos that's life sometimes? Though something like a piece of wood
at an angle, a wheelie bin etc. Would do the job.

I find it
hard to believe that anyone would actually park on someone else's drive,
but I know they do. My brother was at Blakeney once, when a rare bird
was apparently spotted. He said twitchers arrived from far and wide,
the car park filled immediately and later arrivals just parked anywhere.
On drives, blocking drives, blocking lanes etc. Incredible.

There was a moment from the driver in the article, where they said
they are confused and unsure of which drive to park on . which
sounds to me as if it was one of these 'rent out your drive'
situations and they should have parked on a different
drive.

Chris French

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2016 13:04, ARW wrote:
"pamela" wrote in message
On 08:20 13 Feb 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...that/12154142/
Angry-homeowner-gets-revenge-on-commuter-who-parked-in-her-drivew
ay.html

Now that's what I call DIY.

Good for her! Although I wonder why the Telegraph showed the
location of her house on a map. It is so clear that they may as
well have posted a link to her exact location on Google Maps.

It tells you where NOT to park!

But what is worse that it is the houseowner, under the current
legislation, who has committed a criminal act! However had she had
gates or a security post she could quite legally shut and locked those
indefinitely, but lacking these she is in the wrong - daft isn't it.

Protection of Freedoms Act 2012

CHAPTER 2
VEHICLES LEFT ON LAND
Offence of immobilising etc. vehicles
54 Offence of immobilising etc. vehicles
(1) A person commits an offence who, without lawful authority—
(a) immobilises a motor vehicle by the attachment to the vehicle, or a
part of it, of an immobilising device, or
(b) moves, or restricts the movement of, such a vehicle by any means,
intending to prevent or inhibit the removal of the vehicle by a person
otherwise entitled to remove it.
(2) The express or implied consent (whether or not legally binding) of a
person...

Peter IANAL!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Peter Andrews" wrote in message
On 13/02/2016 13:04, ARW wrote:
"pamela" wrote in message
[...]

I would have just covered it in Nitromors.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/16 16:38, ARW wrote:
[...]

Taken it to bits, sold the parts on eBay. Unsolicited gift, init?

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
I would have just covered it in Nitromors.

Used any recently? It wouldn't even mark car paint. Useless stuff at the
same high price as the previous formula, which did work.

--
*Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all?"

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris French wrote:
News Wrote in message:
In message , Chris French
writes

[...]

It must be truly awful to live/exist in the south and to "rent out your
drive".
I know where I'm better off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"pamela" wrote in message
On 08:20 13 Feb 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...that/12154142/
Angry-homeowner-gets-revenge-on-commuter-who-parked-in-her-drivew
ay.html

Now that's what I call DIY.

Good for her! Although I wonder why the Telegraph showed the
location of her house on a map. It is so clear that they may as
well have posted a link to her exact location on Google Maps.

The Mirror and the Sun didn't feel the need to go that far in
their coverage of the story.

Most likely just one journo being stupid when trying to make
their story look different to the others.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2016 13:04, ARW wrote:
"pamela" wrote in message
[...]

That wouldn't have done much.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think the homeowner could argue that she had to put the bag of gravel somewhere and why should she inconvenience herself by putting it behind her own vehicles, after all she did provide the illegal Parker with the means of releasing the vehicle.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 13 February 2016 20:29:30 UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I think the homeowner could argue that she had to put the bag of gravel somewhere and why should she inconvenience herself by putting it behind her own vehicles, after all she did provide the illegal Parker with the means of releasing the vehicle.

Richard

that's one way to admit guilt. Surely law reform is needed on this.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/16 20:29, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I think the homeowner could argue that she had to put the bag of
gravel somewhere and why should she inconvenience herself by putting
it behind her own vehicles, after all she did provide the illegal
Parker with the means of releasing the vehicle.

Richard

I do feel for her.

Around here, it's ****wit city as the railway is in pieces, so everyone
comes and parks here, usually like a total ***t.

I look at the way people conduct themselves with a vehicle and think
"why do I have to share air with these people?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
It must be truly awful to live/exist in the south and to "rent out your
drive".
I know where I'm better off.

Yes - but you might find a difference when you can afford cars.

--
*Gargling is a good way to see if your throat leaks.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-driveway.html

Now that's what I call DIY.

Rights and wrongs aside, she is lucky the car owner did not get a mate
with a fork truck or hire one and put the bag behind the other car.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/02/16 03:56, F Murtz wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-driveway.html

Now that's what I call DIY.

Rights and wrongs aside, she is lucky the car owner did not get a mate
with a fork truck or hire one and put the bag behind the other car.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Tim Watts
escribió:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6967894 78.20
88488.1451658991&type=3&theater

Nice. Looks like he's let the tyres down too (hard to tell, as they're
the ******-style "smear of rubber on overpriced boyracer alloy wheel")

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
On 14/02/16 03:56, F Murtz wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-driveway.html

Now that's what I call DIY.

Rights and wrongs aside, she is lucky the car owner did not get a mate
with a fork truck or hire one and put the bag behind the other car.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Hmmm, an interesting semi-legal point. Depending on how it's done
there's a range of inconvenience to the malparker, from a single cone to
the bag of gravel in the original photo.

Either could be moved using no particular skill or equipment to allow
the car to be driven away. But at what point does the amount of material
qualify it as an obstruction?

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
ARW wrote:
I would have just covered it in Nitromors.

Used any recently?

Yes

It wouldn't even mark car paint. Useless stuff at the
same high price as the previous formula, which did work.

I have the old stuff.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1459824 20160213 125236 pamela wrote:
On 08:20 13 Feb 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...that/12154142/
Angry-homeowner-gets-revenge-on-commuter-who-parked-in-her-drivew
ay.html

Now that's what I call DIY.

Good for her! Although I wonder why the Telegraph showed the
location of her house on a map. It is so clear that they may as
well have posted a link to her exact location on Google Maps.

Where does it show the location of her house?
The red marker is the station.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"pamela" wrote in message
On 09:05 14 Feb 2016, Bob Martin wrote:

posted a link to her exact location on Google Maps.

Where does it show the location of her house?
The red marker is the station.

If you use Google StreetView you can see her house on the other side
of the road to that marker. I half thought I might see a car parked
on her land but there isn't one - not even in the older GSV photo.

I see a car parked on the drive an all three streetviews!
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
I would have just covered it in Nitromors.

Used any recently?

Yes

It wouldn't even mark car paint. Useless stuff at the
same high price as the previous formula, which did work.

I have the old stuff.

Right. So not many rogue parkers round your way? ;-)

--
*The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
I would have just covered it in Nitromors.

Used any recently?

Yes

It wouldn't even mark car paint. Useless stuff at the
same high price as the previous formula, which did work.

I have the old stuff.

Right. So not many rogue parkers round your way? ;-)

We have our own facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/Parking-lik...4166557151670/

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"pamela" wrote in message
On 11:54 14 Feb 2016, ARW wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 09:05 14 Feb 2016, Bob Martin wrote:

posted a link to her exact location on Google Maps.

Where does it show the location of her house?
The red marker is the station.

If you use Google StreetView you can see her house on the other
side of the road to that marker. I half thought I might see a
car parked on her land but there isn't one - not even in the
older GSV photo.

I see a car parked on the drive an all three streetviews!

Isn't her house this one on the left?

http://imgur.com/CQNGmI3.jpg
http://imgur.com/GpMAf4T.jpg

No. It's the one with the gravel driveway and and wooden fence he-)

https://goo.gl/maps/TQ4JuxD56uB2

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@blueyond
er.co.uk escribió:

https://www.facebook.com/Parking-lik...4166557151670/

Heee. Like it.

https://www.facebook.com/yplac/

And what's the first photo?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"pamela" wrote in message
On 12:36 14 Feb 2016, ARW wrote:

No. It's the one with the gravel driveway and and wooden fence
he-)

https://goo.gl/maps/TQ4JuxD56uB2

You're right.

I didn't notice my images had a hedge where the article's photo
showed a fence. I can see I wouldn't make a very good Google Maps
stalker!

Whereas I am an excellent Google Maps stalker if I need to be.

I even noticed that one of Pounders relatives lives next door to the house
in my link

https://goo.gl/maps/DdVkRbVBQaF2

A garden full of plastic animals from the Pound shop.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:
On 15:43 14 Feb 2016, ARW wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 12:36 14 Feb 2016, ARW wrote:

No. It's the one with the gravel driveway and and wooden fence
he-)

https://goo.gl/maps/TQ4JuxD56uB2

You're right.

I didn't notice my images had a hedge where the article's photo
showed a fence. I can see I wouldn't make a very good Google
Maps stalker!

Whereas I am an excellent Google Maps stalker if I need to be.

I even noticed that one of Pounders relatives lives next door to
the house in my link

Looks like a front garden on a council estate. If I had relatives living on
a council estate I would disown them.

https://goo.gl/maps/DdVkRbVBQaF2

A garden full of plastic animals from the Pound shop.

What a lovely plastic flamingo. How delightful.

Not forgetting the charms of the plastic heron, plastic windmill
and plastic shrunken deer. lol

I notice the neighbours seem to be enjoying themselves. It's like
the third world where they grin and wave enthusiastically at
passing cars.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
I would have just covered it in Nitromors.

Used any recently?

Yes

It wouldn't even mark car paint. Useless stuff at the
same high price as the previous formula, which did work.

I have the old stuff.

Right. So not many rogue parkers round your way? ;-)

No one is game to park anywhere near his place because
the chance of the car still being there when they come
back is so small.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"pamela" wrote in message
On 11:54 14 Feb 2016, ARW wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 09:05 14 Feb 2016, Bob Martin wrote:

posted a link to her exact location on Google Maps.

Where does it show the location of her house?
The red marker is the station.

If you use Google StreetView you can see her house on the other
side of the road to that marker. I half thought I might see a
car parked on her land but there isn't one - not even in the
older GSV photo.

I see a car parked on the drive an all three streetviews!

Isn't her house this one on the left?

Doesn’t look like it to me. This one has a hedge to
the left of the car. The one at the extreme bottom of
this post, in the paper has a fence to the left of the car.

http://imgur.com/CQNGmI3.jpg
http://imgur.com/GpMAf4T.jpg

-------

Google maps link:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@
51.0463251,0.1871455,3a,75y,302.62h,89.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!
1srsPWTnnVbGgLQ6zXYwbYbw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Article link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...t/12154142/Ang
ry-homeowner-gets-revenge-on-commuter-who-parked-in-her-
driveway.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"pamela" wrote in message
On 12:36 14 Feb 2016, ARW wrote:

No. It's the one with the gravel driveway and and wooden fence
he-)

https://goo.gl/maps/TQ4JuxD56uB2

You're right.

I didn't notice my images had a hedge where the article's photo
showed a fence. I can see I wouldn't make a very good Google Maps
stalker!

Whereas I am an excellent Google Maps stalker if I need to be.

Post a link to Pounder's place. I'm working on my
drone islamist and that would be an excellent target.

I even noticed that one of Pounders relatives lives next door to the house
in my link

https://goo.gl/maps/DdVkRbVBQaF2

A garden full of plastic animals from the Pound shop.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1460184 20160214 123645 "ARW" wrote:
"pamela" wrote in message
On 11:54 14 Feb 2016, ARW wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 09:05 14 Feb 2016, Bob Martin wrote:
posted a link to her exact location on Google Maps.

Where does it show the location of her house?
The red marker is the station.

If you use Google StreetView you can see her house on the other
side of the road to that marker. I half thought I might see a
car parked on her land but there isn't one - not even in the
older GSV photo.

I see a car parked on the drive an all three streetviews!

Isn't her house this one on the left?

http://imgur.com/CQNGmI3.jpg
http://imgur.com/GpMAf4T.jpg

No. It's the one with the gravel driveway and and wooden fence he-)

https://goo.gl/maps/TQ4JuxD56uB2

Completely OT but Crowborough station used to be called Jarvis Brook.
My father was born 100 yards away in Victoria Road and my grandfather
was ticket collector etc at the station from the 1880s until he retired in the
late 1920s.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"pamela" wrote in message
On 11:54 14 Feb 2016, ARW wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
[...]

So not exactly what you might call rocket scientist material, eh ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mike Barnes
writes
Tim Watts wrote:
On 14/02/16 03:56, F Murtz wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news.../12154142/Angr
y-homeowner-gets-revenge-on-commuter-who-parked-in-her-driveway.html

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&set=a.1805696
789478.2088488.1451658991&type=3&theater

Hmmm, an interesting semi-legal point. Depending on how it's done
there's a range of inconvenience to the malparker, from a single cone
to the bag of gravel in the original photo.

Either could be moved using no particular skill or equipment to allow
the car to be driven away. But at what point does the amount of
material qualify it as an obstruction?

Could she not have put up a "clamping " type warning sign, got herself a
wheel clamp and made a fortune - or solved her problem.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/16 22:18, bert wrote:
In article , Mike Barnes
writes
Tim Watts wrote:
On 14/02/16 03:56, F Murtz wrote:
[...]

Illegal in England now...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/16 22:43, Tim Watts wrote:

Illegal in England now...

I suspect, given the legal remedies are so poor, dog**** under the door
handle is the best bet...

Mouse Revenge HeyBub Home Repair 2 March 6th 07 09:23 PM
A 40' mototorhome parked above sewer line kayle Home Repair 7 February 5th 07 03:39 AM
Block Retaining Wall Cracks Caused by Lull Forklift Driven/Parked Very Near It wizguru Home Repair 1 May 26th 06 04:16 PM
garage apartment built over where area cars parked below effi Home Repair 5 January 1st 05 08:03 AM
OT-COMMUTER PREPAREDNESS Gunner Metalworking 24 March 16th 04 09:11 AM