Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default How to remove a parked car

"harry" wrote in message
On Sunday, 14 August 2016 16:37:05 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power tool
such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying everywhere.
The car will get moved very quickly :-)

The road in front of your house is not yours.
Anyone can park there subject to yellow lines etc.

Does that include parking across your drive so you can't get your car in or
out? I know that you can't lay claim to the road *opposite* or *either side
of* your drive.

We have problems with people (relatives visiting to the house opposite) who
choose to park directly opposite our drive rather than a few yards one way
or the other (between our drive and either of our neighbours). It makes it a
bit more difficult to reverse our car onto our drive or to drive it out, but
it's not the end of the world. I asked politely once whether they'd be able
to park a few yards either way, and was told "I'll park wherever I f*cking
like, mate - and don't you f*cking bash my f*cking car". I suspect envy:
although all the houses along our bit of the street used to be council
houses, the ones on the opposite side of the road were built with no drives
(they have a communal car park 100 yards up the road) and those houses are
mainly still owned by the housing association, whereas those on our side
have drives and many were sold off in Maggie's Right to Buy scheme in the
80s.