Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping TMH (or rather his daughter)

Having Parkinsons I'm on regular medication, at the moment not
particularly time critical but as the brain rot progresses it will
become time critical.

So looking ahead I'm looking for some form of "Medical ID". This
can't really be an engraved thing as I want it to inform people that
I have Parkinsons and have details of my the meds and how often I
should take them.

I've had a quick look about the net and really only found bracelets
or necklace lockets/capsules, wallet cards or USB memory devices that
fit the rewriteable specification.

It's no good carrying the information if a medic can't read it, which
really rules out the USB things. That leaves a bracelet/necklace
locket/capsule or wallet cards.

What sort of medical ID does TMH's London Ambulance paramedic
daughter consider to be the one they will most likely find?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2015 11:14 am, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Having Parkinsons I'm on regular medication, at the moment not
particularly time critical but as the brain rot progresses it will
become time critical.

So looking ahead I'm looking for some form of "Medical ID". This
can't really be an engraved thing as I want it to inform people that
I have Parkinsons and have details of my the meds and how often I
should take them.

I've had a quick look about the net and really only found bracelets
or necklace lockets/capsules, wallet cards or USB memory devices that
fit the rewriteable specification.

It's no good carrying the information if a medic can't read it, which
really rules out the USB things. That leaves a bracelet/necklace
locket/capsule or wallet cards.

What sort of medical ID does TMH's London Ambulance paramedic
daughter consider to be the one they will most likely find?

MedicAlert is perhaps the best service. Promoted by your local Lions
club (and, from memory, possibly sponsored too) the Bracelet/jewellery
(next to your pulse point) has brief details of your condition/s on it,
and a phone number manned 24 hours a day (100 Languages?) so all you
details are available to medics attending you very quickly, and anywhere
in the world.

http://goo.gl/7dY79U

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

My people skills are just fine. It's my intolerance of idiots that
needs work.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2015 11:14, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Having Parkinsons I'm on regular medication, at the moment not
particularly time critical but as the brain rot progresses it will
become time critical.

So looking ahead I'm looking for some form of "Medical ID". This
can't really be an engraved thing as I want it to inform people that
I have Parkinsons and have details of my the meds and how often I
should take them.

I've had a quick look about the net and really only found bracelets
or necklace lockets/capsules, wallet cards or USB memory devices that
fit the rewriteable specification.

It's no good carrying the information if a medic can't read it, which
really rules out the USB things. That leaves a bracelet/necklace
locket/capsule or wallet cards.

What sort of medical ID does TMH's London Ambulance paramedic
daughter consider to be the one they will most likely find?

Your NHS number will allow them to download your brief medical records
from the spine. You could have that engraved on anything.

If you are diabetic it may be worth having that engraved too so someone
can force feed you a mars bar in an emergency.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2015 21:06, Dennis@home wrote:
[...]

A stainless steel medic alert bracelet worn on the wrist with your full
details written inside on origami paper with a very fine black ink nib.

SOS Talisman ought to find them - also available in titanium.

These days you can get ones with USB sticks or sD memory cards in or
smaller dedicated ones for specific allergies or afflictions.

Your NHS number will allow them to download your brief medical records
from the spine. You could have that engraved on anything.

If you are diabetic it may be worth having that engraved too so someone
can force feed you a mars bar in an emergency.

Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

/Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone./q

In Car Entertainment ?

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 26 February 2015 22:07:02 UTC, JimK wrote:
/Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone./q
In Car Entertainment ?

In Case of Emergency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2015 22:16, wrote:
On Thursday, 26 February 2015 22:07:02 UTC, JimK wrote:
/Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone./q
In Car Entertainment ?

In Case of Emergency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency

Owain

Indeed. Not sure how that would work with a password-protected phone
though. When my phone goes to sleep, it can receive incoming calls or
make emergency calls - but that's all. Everything else needs a PIN to be
input to wake it up. I doubt whether the network operators would regard
ringing a number marked "ICE" as an emergency call.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/15 22:06, JimK wrote:
/Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone./q

In Car Entertainment ?

Jim K

In Circuit Emulator?

ICE - International Currency Exchange, a UK-based currency exchange provider
Independent Commission of Experts, former name of the investigation into
assets moved to Switzerland around the Second World War
Independent Crown entities, part of New Zealand's State sector
Information Council on the Environment, a public relations organization
in the USA
Institution of Civil Engineers, a British professional association
Iron Crown Enterprises, game-producing company from Virginia, USA
Institute for Credentialing Excellence, an institute for accreditation
Institute of Culinary Education, in New York City, New York, USA
Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad, the Costa Rican Institute of
Electricity
IntercontinentalExchange, an Atlanta-based market for futures in energy
and commodities and for other derivatives
The Ice Organisation, a UK sustainable rewards programme, also known as
MyIce
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, a U.S. government agency
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2015 22:16, wrote:
On Thursday, 26 February 2015 22:07:02 UTC, JimK wrote:
/Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone./q
In Car Entertainment ?

In Case of Emergency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency

Owain

And the emergency services really do use them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I'll ask her and get back to you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2015 22:29, Roger Mills wrote:
On 26/02/2015 22:16, wrote:
On Thursday, 26 February 2015 22:07:02 UTC, JimK wrote:
/Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone./q
In Car Entertainment ?

In Case of Emergency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency

Owain

Indeed. Not sure how that would work with a password-protected phone
though. When my phone goes to sleep, it can receive incoming calls or
make emergency calls - but that's all. Everything else needs a PIN to be
input to wake it up. I doubt whether the network operators would regard
ringing a number marked "ICE" as an emergency call.

Android phones will display the ICE information even if the phone is
locked. Don't put anything in there that you want to keep a secret.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 22:40:02 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

What sort of medical ID does TMH's London Ambulance paramedic
daughter consider to be the one they will most likely find?

I'll ask her and get back to you.

Thanks. I'm thinking a locket on short necklace, as if I'm found
catatonic they'll be looking for a pulse and the neck is the quickest
and easiest place to look. Well it's a theory...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 21:06:58 +0000, Dennis@home wrote:

Having Parkinsons ...

Your NHS number will allow them to download your brief medical records
from the spine. You could have that engraved on anything.

If they have a connection... I don't trust technology that requires a
connection to function. There are large areas around here that don't
have 2G let alone 3 or 4...

If you are diabetic ...

Some one didn't read the second word of my post.

... it may be worth having that engraved too so someone can force feed
you a mars bar in an emergency.

You really ought to try and assertain if the diabetic is hyper- or
hypo- glycemic before you shove sugar into them.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 21:19:43 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone.

As others have pointed out that is behind a pin or swipe pattern.
There is the "owner information" that is displayed on the lock screen
though. Not a bad idea.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2015 00:23, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 21:06:58 +0000, Dennis@home wrote:

Having Parkinsons ...

Your NHS number will allow them to download your brief medical records
from the spine. You could have that engraved on anything.

If they have a connection... I don't trust technology that requires a
connection to function. There are large areas around here that don't
have 2G let alone 3 or 4...

If you are diabetic ...

Some one didn't read the second word of my post.

... it may be worth having that engraved too so someone can force feed
you a mars bar in an emergency.

You really ought to try and assertain if the diabetic is hyper- or
hypo- glycemic before you shove sugar into them.

Giving a hyper-glycemic diabetic sugar is considered less dangerous that
not giving sugar to a hypo-glycemic diabetic.

If in doubt give sugar to the diabetic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Roger Mills
writes
On 26/02/2015 22:16, wrote:
On Thursday, 26 February 2015 22:07:02 UTC, JimK wrote:
/Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone./q
In Car Entertainment ?

In Case of Emergency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency

Owain

Indeed. Not sure how that would work with a password-protected phone
though. When my phone goes to sleep, it can receive incoming calls or
make emergency calls - but that's all. Everything else needs a PIN to
be input to wake it up. I doubt whether the network operators would
regard ringing a number marked "ICE" as an emergency call.

My phone an iPhone 5, and most smart phones, will let you display an
opening screen before needing any password. I just made up an image
with my various contact details on it so that any one attempting to use
it sees them. You could add quite a bit of text to give medical info
too.

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
Having Parkinsons I'm on regular medication, at the moment not
particularly time critical but as the brain rot progresses it will
become time critical.

So looking ahead I'm looking for some form of "Medical ID". This
can't really be an engraved thing as I want it to inform people that
I have Parkinsons and have details of my the meds and how often I
should take them.

I've had a quick look about the net and really only found bracelets
or necklace lockets/capsules, wallet cards or USB memory devices that
fit the rewriteable specification.

It's no good carrying the information if a medic can't read it, which
really rules out the USB things. That leaves a bracelet/necklace
locket/capsule or wallet cards.

What sort of medical ID does TMH's London Ambulance paramedic
daughter consider to be the one they will most likely find?

Any decent smartphone does Medical ID now and the paramedics know that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
On 26/02/2015 22:16, wrote:
On Thursday, 26 February 2015 22:07:02 UTC, JimK wrote:
/Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone./q
In Car Entertainment ?

In Case of Emergency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency

Indeed. Not sure how that would work with a password-protected phone
though.

It does with the best of them, they allow access
to that without the password or fingerprint etc.

When my phone goes to sleep, it can receive incoming calls or make
emergency calls - but that's all. Everything else needs a PIN to be input
to wake it up. I doubt whether the network operators would regard ringing
a number marked "ICE" as an emergency call.

You don't necessarily ring it, its just got your emergency details listed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 21:19:43 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone.

As others have pointed out that is behind a pin or swipe pattern.

No its not with the best phones.

There is the "owner information" that is displayed on the lock screen
though. Not a bad idea.

Medical ID is displayed there with the best phones.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Feb 2015, "Dave Liquorice" grunted:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 22:40:02 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

What sort of medical ID does TMH's London Ambulance paramedic
daughter consider to be the one they will most likely find?

I'll ask her and get back to you.

Thanks. I'm thinking a locket on short necklace, as if I'm found
catatonic they'll be looking for a pulse and the neck is the quickest
and easiest place to look. Well it's a theory...

How about a small tattoo on throat just below the collar line?
"Parkinsons' patient - see wallet" or something?

Ok, having written that down, maybe not: but I'll post it anyway!

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2015 9:06 pm, Dennis@home wrote:
[...]

Only if the helper has the appropriate medical qualification and hence
has access to the spine. As not many doctors, whilst out shopping or
whatever, carry a laptop with the appropriate VPN connection installed,
a mobile phone to which they can connect it to get internet access, a
card reader and the necessary security card to access the spine (it is
normally left in their surgery computer reader) they might find access a
tad difficult, and pointless since the patient would be dead by the time
they had connected to the NHS's biggest white elephant. The best bet
with the Mars bar would be to give it to a child as a bribe to run for help.

I take it you were not being serious about either.

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Foreign Aid - The transfer of money from poor people in rich countries
to rich people in poor countries.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2015 12:09 am, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 22:40:02 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

What sort of medical ID does TMH's London Ambulance paramedic
daughter consider to be the one they will most likely find?

I'll ask her and get back to you.

Thanks. I'm thinking a locket on short necklace, as if I'm found
catatonic they'll be looking for a pulse and the neck is the quickest
and easiest place to look. Well it's a theory...

If you want to be "belt and braces" have a bracelet too, that being the
usual pulse point that most non-medical people would look for. Most used
to opt for the bracelet some years back when I dealt with them.

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Coles Law: Cabbage makes good salad.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2015 00:09, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 22:40:02 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

What sort of medical ID does TMH's London Ambulance paramedic
daughter consider to be the one they will most likely find?

I'll ask her and get back to you.

Thanks. I'm thinking a locket on short necklace, as if I'm found
catatonic they'll be looking for a pulse and the neck is the quickest
and easiest place to look. Well it's a theory...

I would be surprised if they didn't check every place that people
normally carry medical alert information - neck, wrist and wallet.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2015 22:16, wrote:
On Thursday, 26 February 2015 22:07:02 UTC, JimK wrote:
/Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone./q

In Car Entertainment ?

I thought the acronym was now widely known. We had an initiative round
here where teenagers went around programming them into grannies phones.

In Case of Emergency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency

Owain

Indeed. Not sure how that would work with a password-protected phone
though. When my phone goes to sleep, it can receive incoming calls or
make emergency calls - but that's all. Everything else needs a PIN to be
input to wake it up. I doubt whether the network operators would regard
ringing a number marked "ICE" as an emergency call.

That is an interesting point if the owner is out of it.

I wonder if smart phone makers could be persuaded to add an optional
single ICE call button to the unlock screen so that someone other than
the presumably incapacitated owner can make an emergency call!

Only other way I can think of it to design a custom screen saver that
says please ring this number if you find me in trouble.

I got my mum a dumb phone with an emergency call button on it, but the
stupid thing would only let me enter a 3 digit emergency number

She can remember 999 without any help from her phone.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:21:54 +0000, Bill wrote:

My phone an iPhone 5, and most smart phones, will let you display an
opening screen before needing any password.

Yep mine has "owner information". I guess the owners of best phones
have to be spoon fed that the information there is free form.

I just made up an image with my various contact details on it so that
any one attempting to use it sees them. You could add quite a bit of
text to give medical info too.

An extension to the owner info which actually isn't big enough to
hold all the information I want to put in it. Good tip.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:27:48 +1100, john james wrote:

Any decent smartphone does Medical ID now and the paramedics know that.

How much space and how restricted (free form/field based, what
fields) is this Medical ID information?

Not that I'm going to change my phone just for this.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:21:54 +0000, Bill wrote:

My phone an iPhone 5, and most smart phones, will let you display an
opening screen before needing any password.

Yep mine has "owner information". I guess the owners of best phones
have to be spoon fed that the information there is free form.

I just made up an image with my various contact details on it so that
any one attempting to use it sees them. You could add quite a bit of
text to give medical info too.

An extension to the owner info which actually isn't big enough to
hold all the information I want to put in it. Good tip.

Most phones are big enough to put a label on the back with all the
starting details required.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2015 22:16, wrote:
On Thursday, 26 February 2015 22:07:02 UTC, JimK wrote:
/Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone./q

In Car Entertainment ?

I thought the acronym was now widely known. We had an initiative round
here where teenagers went around programming them into grannies phones.

In Case of Emergency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency

Owain

Indeed. Not sure how that would work with a password-protected phone
though. When my phone goes to sleep, it can receive incoming calls or
make emergency calls - but that's all. Everything else needs a PIN to be
input to wake it up. I doubt whether the network operators would regard
ringing a number marked "ICE" as an emergency call.

That is an interesting point if the owner is out of it.

Not really, anyone who finds that person in that situation should
be calling 911 first and doing that on their own phone usually.

I wonder if smart phone makers could be persuaded to add an optional
single ICE call button to the unlock screen so that someone other than the
presumably incapacitated owner can make an emergency call!

They can do that to 911 on almost all phones.

Only other way I can think of it to design a custom screen saver that says
please ring this number if you find me in trouble.

That is only going to be useful in the situation where there is
something that someone other than the official first responders
can do instead of them. That is certainly true of people who
have just got lost and are so bad that they can't just call
a family member themselves, but the usual ICE system does
allow anyone to call one of the ICE numbers on their own phone.

I got my mum a dumb phone with an emergency call button on it, but the
stupid thing would only let me enter a 3 digit emergency number

Any system that handles the ICE system can do a lot better than that.

She can remember 999 without any help from her phone.

But wont necessarily be able to do that if the brown stuff has
hit the fan and she is much worse than she normally is mentally.

The ICE system does allow someone else to call who you specify.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:27:48 +1100, john james wrote:

Any decent smartphone does Medical ID now and the paramedics know that.

How much space and how restricted (free form/field based, what
fields) is this Medical ID information?

Anything you like, fully swipeable to as many screens as you like.

The only real consideration is that that info is
available to anyone who steals or finds your phone.

Not that I'm going to change my phone just for this.

You likely won't have to unless the phone is a real dinosaur.

That's available on all the reasonably recent androids
and iphones that have been updated free.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 08:45:27 +0000, Bob Henson wrote:

If you want to be "belt and braces" have a bracelet too, that being the
usual pulse point that most non-medical people would look for.

Maybe, though I suspecct most of the Great Unwashed haven't a clue
about first aid. CF. Police man recently praised as a hero for saving
babys life by simply removing babys tongue from its throat. Mother
was screaming down the phone which is what attracted the attention of
the PC. WTF didn't mother check air way and remove tongue when baby
first got into difficulty. Why did she leave baby whilst it was
having a fit?

OK there's basically SFA you can do about someone in a fit but you
can try and stop them hurting themselves, remove tongue from throat
if they swallow it, prevent them drowing in their own vomit and put
them into the recovery position once the fit has subsided. It's also
a good idea to be around when they regain conciousness as they may
well be very confused and not have a clue as to what has happened.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 00:50:11 +0000, Fredxxx wrote:

... it may be worth having that engraved too so someone can force

feed
you a mars bar in an emergency.

You really ought to try and assertain if the diabetic is hyper- or
hypo- glycemic before you shove sugar into them.

Giving a hyper-glycemic diabetic sugar is considered less dangerous that
not giving sugar to a hypo-glycemic diabetic.

True enough but I didn't say don't give sugar I said try and find out
which extreme they are at. The chances are it is hypo- and that
condition is more dangerous than hyper-.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:

Not really, anyone who finds that person in that situation should
be calling 911 first and doing that on their own phone usually.

UK.diy.

UK.

This is the UK D.I.Y. usenet group.

I'm only replying to this in-case some idiot follows your "advice"
and thinks you can actually dial 911 here.

You can't.

We have some towns here where some local 7-digit numbers start 911 -
e.g. Bristol 0117 911 xxxx.

911 is not an emergency number in the UK. Never has been, never will be.

The pan-european emergency number is 112. Or 999 if you're in the UK
where 112 also works.

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:54:36 +0000, Bob Henson wrote:

MedicAlert is perhaps the best service.

Bit technological, requires phone line/mobile service. Very patchy 2G
coverage around here...

Bits of paper just work and the information is just there without
having to call a number, give code, have information dictated and
written down by caller.

Small bit of paper can get lost though. I do like the lock screen
image idea.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:47:00 +1100, john james wrote:

Not that I'm going to change my phone just for this.

You likely won't have to unless the phone is a real dinosaur.

Is a Samsung Galaxy SIII mini "a real dinosaur"? I'm also assuming
this is built into the OS rather than a lock screen app.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Feb 2015 10:40:19 GMT, Huge wrote:

How much space and how restricted (free form/field based, what
fields) is this Medical ID information?

Isn't a card in your wallet a lot easier and more reliable?

I don't always have my wallet or phone with me. Hence investigating
lockets, I don't think I'd get on with a loose bracelet and I've not
worn a watch for the best part of 25 years...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:30:26 +0000, Capitol wrote:

Most phones are big enough to put a label on the back with all the
starting details required.

Needs to be easily updateable. Something on the outside of the case
would have to be fairly robust. Inside the screen flap could work, if
a label could be found that was water resistant (I work outside) and
peeled away cleanly. But I don't always have my phone.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2015 22:16, wrote:
[...]

My phone (Android 4.4.4, Sony Xperia Z1) shows an ICE button on the lock
screen, that opens the ICE contact, showing photo of ICE contact, and
telephone number, email and address details. It will also allow the
calling of the ICE contact from a locked handset.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-02-27, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:27:48 +1100, john james wrote:

Any decent smartphone does Medical ID now and the paramedics know that.

How much space and how restricted (free form/field based, what
fields) is this Medical ID information?

Isn't a card in your wallet a lot easier and more reliable?

That is where I keep a laminated card with my medications listed and
another with information about my heart valve replacement. As the wallet
is of a type that attaches to my belt and tucks inside the trouser
waistband, the only time I won't have my wallet on me is when I have my
trousers off.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2/27/2015 5:11 AM, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:21:54 +0000, Bill wrote:

My phone an iPhone 5, and most smart phones, will let you display an
opening screen before needing any password.

Yep mine has "owner information". I guess the owners of best phones
have to be spoon fed that the information there is free form.

I just made up an image with my various contact details on it so that
any one attempting to use it sees them. You could add quite a bit of
text to give medical info too.

An extension to the owner info which actually isn't big enough to
hold all the information I want to put in it. Good tip.

For android phones, this app may be useful -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004T4DMP8/ref=mas_ya_dp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2015 10:47, john james wrote:
You likely won't have to unless the phone is a real dinosaur....

That just about describes the phone my partner has. OTOH, so is the
tariff she is on: originally offered by BT if you paid full price for
the phone it has no monthly charges and 60 minutes a month free calls.

--
Colin Bignell