Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Ping TMH (or rather his daughter)

In message , Roger Mills
writes
On 26/02/2015 22:16, wrote:
On Thursday, 26 February 2015 22:07:02 UTC, JimK wrote:
/Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone./q
In Car Entertainment ?

In Case of Emergency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency

Owain

Indeed. Not sure how that would work with a password-protected phone
though. When my phone goes to sleep, it can receive incoming calls or
make emergency calls - but that's all. Everything else needs a PIN to
be input to wake it up. I doubt whether the network operators would
regard ringing a number marked "ICE" as an emergency call.

My phone an iPhone 5, and most smart phones, will let you display an
opening screen before needing any password. I just made up an image
with my various contact details on it so that any one attempting to use
it sees them. You could add quite a bit of text to give medical info
too.

--
Bill