Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Plaque for my daughter

This is a plaque I made for my daughters birthday. She found this
symbol that is supposed to represent her astrological sign; Libra.
Personally I don't see it but it's what she wanted and I think it
turned out well. The wood is walnut and maple.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"The Damicos" wrote in message
This is a plaque I made for my daughters birthday. She found this
symbol that is supposed to represent her astrological sign; Libra.
Personally I don't see it but it's what she wanted and I think it
turned out well. The wood is walnut and maple.

How is the walnut attached to the maple?

And how did you do that nice little detail of the three pieces overlaying
each other in the middle?

Looks nice. I am sure she will be happy.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"The Damicos" wrote in message
This is a plaque I made for my daughters birthday. She found this
symbol that is supposed to represent her astrological sign; Libra.
Personally I don't see it but it's what she wanted and I think it
turned out well. The wood is walnut and maple.

Very impressive. I would love to do that for my two daughters, but wouldn't
know where to start on the walnut astrological sign.

Well done ... something your daughter will cherish, guaranteed!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

It happens that Lee Michaels formulated :
"The Damicos" wrote in message
This is a plaque I made for my daughters birthday. She found this
symbol that is supposed to represent her astrological sign; Libra.
Personally I don't see it but it's what she wanted and I think it
turned out well. The wood is walnut and maple.

How is the walnut attached to the maple?

And how did you do that nice little detail of the three pieces overlaying
each other in the middle?

Looks nice. I am sure she will be happy.

The walnut is just glued on. The 3 pieces that overlap was a bit of a
trick. Each of the joints has a 1/2 lap. I had to figure out where they
met and weave them together as they were going down. The really hard
part was keeping them together with glue on 'em!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"The Damicos" wrote in message
This is a plaque I made for my daughters birthday. She found this
symbol that is supposed to represent her astrological sign; Libra.
Personally I don't see it but it's what she wanted and I think it
turned out well. The wood is walnut and maple.

Very nice woodwork. Added benefit is that probably none of us know if if is
properly proportioned.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 07:38:14 -0600, The Damicos
wrote:

The walnut is just glued on. The 3 pieces that overlap was a bit of a
trick. Each of the joints has a 1/2 lap. I had to figure out where they
met and weave them together as they were going down. The really hard
part was keeping them together with glue on 'em!

"A bit of a trick", indeed!

That is a REALLY nice piece of work.

Tim
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The Damicos wrote:
This is a plaque I made for my daughters birthday. She found this symbol
that is supposed to represent her astrological sign; Libra. Personally I
don't see it but it's what she wanted and I think it turned out well.
The wood is walnut and maple.

I "see" the scales. Nice job! Nice work!

Rick

Blank for plaque Jon[_4_] Metalworking 9 April 18th 08 05:22 PM
Hanging large plaque Srt Home Repair 6 March 10th 08 05:46 PM
My daughter, Isabelle [email protected] Home Ownership 2 July 13th 07 09:46 PM
Smooth surface finish on stainless steel plaque? emma UK diy 6 May 22nd 07 08:46 PM
Wood for plaque Glenn UK diy 6 February 28th 04 07:19 PM