Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gordon Henderson Gordon Henderson is offline

Default Ping TMH (or rather his daughter)

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:

Not really, anyone who finds that person in that situation should
be calling 911 first and doing that on their own phone usually.

UK.diy.

UK.

This is the UK D.I.Y. usenet group.

I'm only replying to this in-case some idiot follows your "advice"
and thinks you can actually dial 911 here.

You can't.

We have some towns here where some local 7-digit numbers start 911 -
e.g. Bristol 0117 911 xxxx.

911 is not an emergency number in the UK. Never has been, never will be.

The pan-european emergency number is 112. Or 999 if you're in the UK
where 112 also works.

Gordon