Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Ping TMH (or rather his daughter)

On 26/02/2015 22:29, Roger Mills wrote:
On 26/02/2015 22:16, wrote:
On Thursday, 26 February 2015 22:07:02 UTC, JimK wrote:
/Also worth having ICE numbers set up in your mobile phone./q

In Car Entertainment ?

I thought the acronym was now widely known. We had an initiative round
here where teenagers went around programming them into grannies phones.

In Case of Emergency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency

Owain

Indeed. Not sure how that would work with a password-protected phone
though. When my phone goes to sleep, it can receive incoming calls or
make emergency calls - but that's all. Everything else needs a PIN to be
input to wake it up. I doubt whether the network operators would regard
ringing a number marked "ICE" as an emergency call.

That is an interesting point if the owner is out of it.

I wonder if smart phone makers could be persuaded to add an optional
single ICE call button to the unlock screen so that someone other than
the presumably incapacitated owner can make an emergency call!

Only other way I can think of it to design a custom screen saver that
says please ring this number if you find me in trouble.

I got my mum a dumb phone with an emergency call button on it, but the
stupid thing would only let me enter a 3 digit emergency number

She can remember 999 without any help from her phone.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown