Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Boiler condenser pipe/overflow curved inwards?

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 05 May 2014 01:59:15 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 03/05/2014 18:24, Uncle Peter wrote:

Why do I keep seeing overflow pipes (or boiler condenser pipes, or
whatever they are) on people's houses with the pipe curved round 180
degrees so it faces the wall?

If we are talking about the pressure relieve pipe, then that is because
this is the correct way to install them. They should never normally
carry water, so getting a wall wet etc is of no concern. However if they
do operate, they could eject near boiling water with some force - so
making sure this does not hit someone is important.

Why is it important to stop something that almost never happens from
hitting someone who is almost never standing right next to it?

Because you can.

It's a simple easy answer to a known (and not uncommon) problem.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 05 May 2014 02:19:13 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 04/05/2014 12:06, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sun, 04 May 2014 10:23:01 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Why do I keep seeing overflow pipes (or boiler condenser pipes, or
whatever they are) on people's houses with the pipe curved round 180
degrees so it faces the wall? Why on earth would you want the water
run down the wall instead of fall a few inches from the house?

Worried it will damage the wall?

I would think it better not to have your wall soaking wet.

I don't have such a thing so I don't care. I don't have a combi. I
have a system boiler, and the overflow of the header tank is on the
eaves, stuck out straight, as is traditional.

In which case you could well have a PRV pipe... they are not specific to
combis, but to sealed systems.

I thought combi and sealed were one and the same. A system boiler has a
header tank into which it bubbles into.

No. And it is possible to use a combi with a header tank.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 05 May 2014 10:11:22 +0100, ARW
wrote:

All the pipework from the boiler to the exit point must slope downwards.
There is a good reason for that and I am sure you know why,

I meant the last little bit, a bend up instead of down after exiting the
wall.

Well the bend up could fill up with water and freeze. An ice plug in the
pipework would not be helpful if the PRV operated would it?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2014 14:10 Uncle Peter wrote:

On Mon, 05 May 2014 02:31:45 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Condensors have an addition inside pipe to carry condensate to a drain.

A lot are outside, hence they freeze up and break the boiler.

They might freeze up but they don't 'break the boiler'.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 03/05/2014 18:24, Uncle Peter wrote:

Why do I keep seeing overflow pipes (or boiler condenser pipes, or
whatever they are) on people's houses with the pipe curved round 180
degrees so it faces the wall?

If we are talking about the pressure relieve pipe, then that is because
this is the correct way to install them. They should never normally
carry water, so getting a wall wet etc is of no concern. However if they
do operate, they could eject near boiling water with some force - so
making sure this does not hit someone is important.

Why is it important to stop something that almost never happens from
hitting someone who is almost never standing right next to it?

Because you can.

It's a simple easy answer to a known (and not uncommon) problem.

It's pathetic is what it is. And it's this stupid attitude which is why we have streets littered with speed limit signs and bumps.

--
HELP WANTED:
Baiters. Local fishing boats need 4 baiters to bate hooks for tourists. Must have strong hands and work hard. Good pay-$15 per hour, and benefits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news

Worried it will damage the wall?

I would think it better not to have your wall soaking wet.

I don't have such a thing so I don't care. I don't have a combi. I
have a system boiler, and the overflow of the header tank is on the
eaves, stuck out straight, as is traditional.

In which case you could well have a PRV pipe... they are not specific to
combis, but to sealed systems.

I thought combi and sealed were one and the same. A system boiler has a
header tank into which it bubbles into.

No. And it is possible to use a combi with a header tank.

I thought combi had to be sealed to have pressure to heat hot water.

--
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics
German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics
French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by Italians.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

All the pipework from the boiler to the exit point must slope downwards.
There is a good reason for that and I am sure you know why,

I meant the last little bit, a bend up instead of down after exiting the
wall.

Well the bend up could fill up with water and freeze. An ice plug in the
pipework would not be helpful if the PRV operated would it?

It would have had to fail twice in rapid succession in winter for that to happen.

--
A bluewhale's heart is roughly the size of a VW Beetle, and its aorta is large enough for a human to crawl through.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

All the pipework from the boiler to the exit point must slope downwards.
There is a good reason for that and I am sure you know why,

I meant the last little bit, a bend up instead of down after exiting the
wall.

Well the bend up could fill up with water and freeze. An ice plug in the
pipework would not be helpful if the PRV operated would it?

I could drill a small hole in the bottom of the bend.

--
A note left for a pianist from his wife: "Gone Chopin, have Liszt, Bach in a Minuet."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Condensors have an addition inside pipe to carry condensate to a drain.

A lot are outside, hence they freeze up and break the boiler.

They might freeze up but they don't 'break the boiler'.

I have been told by three plumbers that they do break the boiler, and that it's the most common cause of them failing, giving them a bad reputation for having an average lifespan of only 4 years. My non-condensing boiler is over 14 years old.

--
A note left for a pianist from his wife: "Gone Chopin, have Liszt, Bach in a Minuet."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Condensors have an addition inside pipe to carry condensate to a
drain.

A lot are outside, hence they freeze up and break the boiler.

They might freeze up but they don't 'break the boiler'.

I have been told by three plumbers that they do break the boiler, and
that it's the most common cause of them failing, giving them a bad
reputation for having an average lifespan of only 4 years. My
non-condensing boiler is over 14 years old.

and mine was installed in 1988!

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

[...]

The only thing that is pathetic is the name speed bump. The ****ing things
slow you down instead of helping you speed up.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Condensors have an addition inside pipe to carry condensate to a drain.

A lot are outside, hence they freeze up and break the boiler.

They might freeze up but they don't 'break the boiler'.

I have been told by three plumbers that they do break the boiler, and
that it's the most common cause of them failing, giving them a bad
reputation for having an average lifespan of only 4 years. My
non-condensing boiler is over 14 years old.

Then you need to talk to sensible plumbers. Freezing the condensate
outlet might stop the boiler from working (temporarily) but it won't
'break' it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Condensors have an addition inside pipe to carry condensate to a
drain.

A lot are outside, hence they freeze up and break the boiler.

They might freeze up but they don't 'break the boiler'.

I have been told by three plumbers that they do break the boiler, and
that it's the most common cause of them failing, giving them a bad
reputation for having an average lifespan of only 4 years. My
non-condensing boiler is over 14 years old.

and mine was installed in 1988!

Mine was installed somewhere between 1979 and 2000, I can't tell you when as one of the previous owners did it.

--
A man comes out of a shopping mall to find that the side of his parked car is rammed in.
Seeing a note under the windshield, he read it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Actually I've found a lot of them are MORE bumpy if you slow down. I see cars going over them at 5mph and lurching up and down. Going at the speed limit is still rather bumpy. I go about twice the speed limit and hardly feel them (I assume the suspension allows the wheel to go over it without much of the energy being transferred to the body of the car.)

--
The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight, and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Condensors have an addition inside pipe to carry condensate to a drain.

A lot are outside, hence they freeze up and break the boiler.

They might freeze up but they don't 'break the boiler'.

I have been told by three plumbers that they do break the boiler, and
that it's the most common cause of them failing, giving them a bad
reputation for having an average lifespan of only 4 years. My
non-condensing boiler is over 14 years old.

Then you need to talk to sensible plumbers. Freezing the condensate
outlet might stop the boiler from working (temporarily) but it won't
'break' it.

One of them is in here. Posting by the name of Bod. I shall email this to him....

--
Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/05/2014 13:51, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sun, 04 May 2014 12:25:36 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
They've all been about 6 inches off the ground.

ALL of them?

I can assure you that the one at my parents first floor holiday
appartment
is not six inches above the ground

Trust you to find an exception.

It'll be placed at the most convenient place, subject to regulation.
Mine's at the same level as the boiler, so about 1.5m above ground.

I think the 180 degree bend, pointing the pipe into the wall, is a
perfectly valid and elegant solution.

Your mileage obviously varies.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

No, the only thing that is pathetic is how many people are rising to Uncle
Peter's bait.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news They've all been about 6 inches off the ground.

ALL of them?

I can assure you that the one at my parents first floor holiday
appartment
is not six inches above the ground

Trust you to find an exception.

It'll be placed at the most convenient place, subject to regulation.
Mine's at the same level as the boiler, so about 1.5m above ground.

I think the 180 degree bend, pointing the pipe into the wall, is a
perfectly valid and elegant solution.

Your mileage obviously varies.

Give it another 30 years and there will be so many regulations it will be impossible to do anything without contradicting one of them. It'll also take our entire working lives to learn them all, so nobody will actually be allowed to do any jobs.

--
Any woman can have the body of a 16-year-old ... as long as she buys him a few drinks first.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Why is it important to stop something that almost never happens from
hitting someone who is almost never standing right next to it?

Because you can.

It's a simple easy answer to a known (and not uncommon) problem.

It's pathetic is what it is. And it's this stupid attitude which is why
we have streets littered with speed limit signs and bumps.

The only thing that is pathetic is the name speed bump.

No, the only thing that is pathetic is how many people are rising to Uncle
Peter's bait.

The only thing that's pathetic is you think I'm trolling. Presumably because you're all brainwashed so badly that you think any ideas that don't fit the government issued mould are insanity. Go read more George Orwell or something, you were warned.

--
Peter is listening to "Ministry of Sound - The Sound of Dubstep 4"
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

Condensors have an addition inside pipe to carry condensate to a
drain.

A lot are outside, hence they freeze up and break the boiler.

They might freeze up but they don't 'break the boiler'.

I have been told by three plumbers that they do break the boiler, and
that it's the most common cause of them failing, giving them a bad
reputation for having an average lifespan of only 4 years. My
non-condensing boiler is over 14 years old.

Then you need to talk to sensible plumbers. Freezing the condensate
outlet might stop the boiler from working (temporarily) but it won't
'break' it.

One of them is in here. Posting by the name of Bod. I shall email this
to him....

Bod is a childrens cartoon character and not a sensible plumber.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 05 May 2014 20:47:41 +0100, ARW wrote:

[...]

I will show him this post, he will be most upset.

--
What does a Polish woman do after she sucks a cock?
Spits out the feathers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2014 14:41, Uncle Peter wrote:

It would have had to fail twice in rapid succession in winter for that
to happen.

Not so.

Rain or snow could fill the upturned end (in fact probably would). Then
all you need is a heavy frost.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Judith" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 May 2014 22:45:26 +0100, "Uncle Peter" wrote:

On Sat, 03 May 2014 22:05:30 +0100, Bill
wrote:

In message , Uncle Peter writes
Any pipes configured like this are ones which are likely to spout very
hot
water in the event of a problem with the equipment like a boiler; ie,
they
aren't simply overflows from a cold water cistern. Therefore the
intention
is that any such water (which could emerge at force) is deliberately
directed safely at a wall, rather than sprayed over or dripped on a
passer
by.

Oh dear, typical modern health and softy bull****, accounting for a 1
in a billion chance of slightly hurting someone.

Oh dear, typical argumentative comment.

No, a simple statement about the pathetic way we do things nowadays. 30
years ago, you'd have been called a pansy for even suggesting such a
safety feature.

Thirty years ago you would not have been called a ****wit - purely because
the
phrase had not been invented.

However, these days it is a well used word and perfectly appropriate in
your
case.

+1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
. 222...
On 05 May 2014, Judith grunted:

wrote:

[...]

I beg to differ: in fact, the first recorded appearance of the term was
in 1969:

A. Buzo. Front Room Boys, in: A. Buzo et al. Plays (1970) viii. 89:
"Ooh, temper! Well, ta-ta for now, ****wit"

(http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/249549?redirectedFrom=****wit&)

However, these days it is a well used word and perfectly appropriate
in your case.

No arguments on that score.

+2

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Uncle Peter writes
On Mon, 05 May 2014 21:02:48 +0100, Vir Campestris
wrote:

On 05/05/2014 14:41, Uncle Peter wrote:

It would have had to fail twice in rapid succession in winter for that
to happen.

Not so.

Rain or snow could fill the upturned end (in fact probably would). Then
all you need is a heavy frost.

I'd fit a lid then.

Sounds a bloody good idea to me, put a lid on it Peter.

--
Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 05/05/2014 14:41, Uncle Peter wrote:

It would have had to fail twice in rapid succession in winter for that
to happen.

Not so.

Rain or snow could fill the upturned end (in fact probably would). Then
all you need is a heavy frost.

I'd fit a lid then.

Sounds a bloody good idea to me, put a lid on it Peter.

Sorry for making you think.

--
The success of the "Wonder Bra" for under-endowed women has encouraged the designers to come out with a bra for over-endowed women.
It's called the "Sheep Dog Bra"- it rounds them up and points them in the right direction.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 05 May 2014 07:31:54 +0100, Judith
wrote:

[...]

More accurately, a trolling ****wit.

What amazes me in this newsgroup is the way such trolls seem to be
tolerated. You'd do well to heed the very sound advice, "Don't feed
the trolls.".
--
Regards, J B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"ARW" wrote:
"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news On Mon, 05 May 2014 14:17:05 +0100, ARW

wrote:

Why is it important to stop something that almost never happens from
hitting someone who is almost never standing right next to it?

Because you can.

It's a simple easy answer to a known (and not uncommon) problem.

It's pathetic is what it is. And it's this stupid attitude which is why
we have streets littered with speed limit signs and bumps.

The only thing that is pathetic is the name speed bump.

No, the only thing that is pathetic is how many people are rising to Uncle
Peter's bait.

The only thing that's pathetic is you think I'm trolling. Presumably because
you're all brainwashed so badly that you think any ideas that don't fit the
government issued mould are insanity. Go read more George Orwell or
something, you were warned.

Ah, go dance a hornpipe why don't you.

Resorting to childish insults indicates you lost the argument.

--
A single blonde pregnant girl goes to the grocery store. A couple that she knows notices she's pregnant.
The lady asks her, "Whose baby is it?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2014 14:11, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Mon, 05 May 2014 02:13:01 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

What's a Megaflow?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Unvented_DHW

Why not just get a combi boiler if you want mains pressure hot water?

Two main reasons (as covered in the article above):

High flow rates of hot water at "mix temperature" [1], ideal for
properties with multiple showers / baths - good at showers, and also
fast bath filling.

Can be heated by multiple sources, e.g. gas boiler, immersion heater,
solar collector.

[1] i.e. water at higher than final use temperature that you will mix
down by the addition of cold water.

A combi[2] can only deliver hot water a a maximum rate dictated by the
power of the boiler and the capacity of the gas meter, and its less easy
to provide a backup should the boiler fail.

[2] Storage combis in effect include a unvented cylinder in the case of
the boiler and hence can perform better for a limited period.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news They've all been about 6 inches off the ground.

ALL of them?

I can assure you that the one at my parents first floor holiday
appartment
is not six inches above the ground

Trust you to find an exception.

It'll be placed at the most convenient place, subject to regulation.
Mine's at the same level as the boiler, so about 1.5m above ground.

I think the 180 degree bend, pointing the pipe into the wall, is a
perfectly valid and elegant solution.

Your mileage obviously varies.

Give it another 30 years and there will be so many regulations it will
be impossible to do anything without contradicting one of them. It'll
also take our entire working lives to learn them all, so nobody will
actually be allowed to do any jobs.

Tell you what - next time you install a boiler, why don't you just
solder a stopend over the PRV outlet pipe, and put a note on it saying
its not required because are not a pansy.

We are sure to be impressed by your manliness.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news Why do I keep seeing overflow pipes (or boiler condenser pipes, or
whatever they are) on people's houses with the pipe curved round 180
degrees so it faces the wall? Why on earth would you want the
water to
run down the wall instead of fall a few inches from the house?

Worried it will damage the wall?

I would think it better not to have your wall soaking wet.

I don't have such a thing so I don't care. I don't have a combi. I
have a system boiler, and the overflow of the header tank is on the
eaves, stuck out straight, as is traditional.

In which case you could well have a PRV pipe... they are not specific to
combis, but to sealed systems.

I thought combi and sealed were one and the same.

No - no relation. Many combis use sealed systems - although there are
some that will run with a vented primary system.

Many system boilers are also designed for sealed operation. Although
again there are exception.

A system boiler has a
header tank into which it bubbles into.

No, a system boiler is simply a boiler that contains most of the system
components in one box - so the boiler, and the pump, at a minimum, and
in the case of a sealed system one, the expansion vessel, and PRV valve
+ over temperature cutouts as well.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news

Worried it will damage the wall?

I would think it better not to have your wall soaking wet.

I don't have such a thing so I don't care. I don't have a combi. I
have a system boiler, and the overflow of the header tank is on the
eaves, stuck out straight, as is traditional.

In which case you could well have a PRV pipe... they are not
specific to
combis, but to sealed systems.

I thought combi and sealed were one and the same. A system boiler has a
header tank into which it bubbles into.

No. And it is possible to use a combi with a header tank.

I thought combi had to be sealed to have pressure to heat hot water.

No. All a combi needs to be able to do is divert the flow of primary
water through a plate heat exchanger rather than the radiator circuit.

Why would you need pressure to heat hot water?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 03/05/2014 18:24, Uncle Peter wrote:

Why do I keep seeing overflow pipes (or boiler condenser pipes, or
whatever they are) on people's houses with the pipe curved round 180
degrees so it faces the wall?

If we are talking about the pressure relieve pipe, then that is because
this is the correct way to install them. They should never normally
carry water, so getting a wall wet etc is of no concern. However if they
do operate, they could eject near boiling water with some force - so
making sure this does not hit someone is important.

Why is it important to stop something that almost never happens from

Why do you incorrectly assume it almost never happens?

The number of posts that you read here with the complaint that the
system pressure drops each time the boiler gets hot (typically because
of a failed expansion vessel) should make it evident that while is
designed to operate only in response to a fault, once the fault
condition exists it may well operate several times a day.

hitting someone who is almost never standing right next to it? Small
number times small number = very very low probability. You'd be better
banning cars that travelled over 20mph.

Why on earth would you want the water to
run down the wall instead of fall a few inches from the house?

To cool it quickly and stop it landing on someone standing next to it.

Oh the poor dears.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 1:49:41 PM UTC+1, Uncle Peter wrote:

Chances are it wouldn't start squirting precisely as someone walks past.
If it's already squirting, they would avoid it.

The nature of a PRV opening is such that there'd be no warning and be of very short duration. Chances are indeed low that it would occur precisely as someone walks past but many 'accidents' are often the result of an unfortunate occurance of multiple instances.

Besides which, why not curve it to the wall? The PRV opening should be neither regular or persistant and so shouldn't cause damage.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

What's a Megaflow?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Unvented_DHW

Why not just get a combi boiler if you want mains pressure hot water?

Two main reasons (as covered in the article above):

A combi[2] can only deliver hot water a a maximum rate dictated by the
power of the boiler and the capacity of the gas meter, and its less easy
to provide a backup should the boiler fail.

No gas here.

There oil and LPG combi boilers available.

Now stop it - you will upset Peter and his cartoon charcter plumber
friend:-).

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/6/2014 3:27 PM, ARW wrote:

There oil and LPG combi boilers available.

We had an oil-fired combi installed a couple of years ago - so far,
I've been pleased with it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news They've all been about 6 inches off the ground.

ALL of them?

I can assure you that the one at my parents first floor holiday
appartment
is not six inches above the ground

Trust you to find an exception.

It'll be placed at the most convenient place, subject to regulation.
Mine's at the same level as the boiler, so about 1.5m above ground.

I think the 180 degree bend, pointing the pipe into the wall, is a
perfectly valid and elegant solution.

Your mileage obviously varies.

Give it another 30 years and there will be so many regulations it will be
impossible to do anything without contradicting one of them. It'll also
take our entire working lives to learn them all, so nobody will actually
be allowed to do any jobs.

With a bit of luck you'll be long dead and buried by then, mind, you'll
prolly be denying you are actually dead because it dosent fit one of your
many skewed illogical ideas,

I can't be the only one wondering if you have much of a life, all you seem
to do is post a question, get a perfectly valid answer, then spend the next
week or 2 arguing because you don't like the answer you got,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill writes:
In message , Uncle Peter writes
Any pipes configured like this are ones which are likely to spout very hot
water in the event of a problem with the equipment like a boiler; ie, they
aren't simply overflows from a cold water cistern. Therefore the intention
is that any such water (which could emerge at force) is deliberately
directed safely at a wall, rather than sprayed over or dripped on a passer
by.

Oh dear, typical modern health and softy bull****, accounting for a 1
in a billion chance of slightly hurting someone.

Oh dear, typical argumentative comment.

You've had a perfectly accurate and rational answer given to your
question, why prolong the thread with further unnecessary whinging about
something that is a definite and serious risk that has been assessed and
reduced to almost nil by the simple procedure of putting a bend on the
pipe?

"slightly hurting someone" if you ever get boiling, or near boiling,
water poured onto you, from what ever source, just remember your comment
that it only slightly hurts.

BTW, it's not boiling water, it's superheated water and steam, which
is very much worse - could be around 150C if released just above 3 bar.

Maybe if that occurs you will come back here and let us know if you have
changed your mind on the "slightly hurting"

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/05/2014 11:34, Gazz wrote:
[...]

I expect he knows the answer in advance (or at least, thinks he does)
and just wants a platform to tell us how manly he is, and why things
that risk death and injury for others are mere trifles for him.

He can then bask in our admiration....

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 07/05/2014 11:34, Gazz wrote:
[...]

And it's me that actually gets injured (face burnt by petrol
explosion/falling of ladder/bad burn on the arm from 15mm copper (that is
still scarred after 10 years but at least it is no longer in the shape off
15mm copper)/broken ankle from falling off a 3cm kerb/finger sliced deep
open at 8m height when it was trapped between SWA and a cable tray/run over
on zebra crossing that had a lollipop lady stood there with a STOP sign (I
got a fractured skull in that one)/knocked out with cricket bat in an
improvised game of baseball (beer was involved and so were 13 stitches) etc

--
Adam

WC overflow going into a sink waste-pipe, soil pipe or shower cubicle? James B UK diy 14 May 19th 07 02:06 PM
overflow pipe VisionSet UK diy 2 June 29th 06 11:49 PM
Condenser boiler Simon UK diy 28 March 31st 06 11:58 AM
New Gas Combi Condenser Boiler. kinneer UK diy 1 August 31st 05 04:48 PM
Boiler overflow pipe Ben Blaukopf UK diy 6 February 4th 05 12:31 AM