Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Boiler condenser pipe/overflow curved inwards?

On Mon, 05 May 2014 16:15:47 +0100, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 05/05/2014 14:42 Uncle Peter wrote:

On Mon, 05 May 2014 14:26:24 +0100, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 05/05/2014 14:10 Uncle Peter wrote:

On Mon, 05 May 2014 02:31:45 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Condensors have an addition inside pipe to carry condensate to a drain.

A lot are outside, hence they freeze up and break the boiler.

They might freeze up but they don't 'break the boiler'.

I have been told by three plumbers that they do break the boiler, and
that it's the most common cause of them failing, giving them a bad
reputation for having an average lifespan of only 4 years. My
non-condensing boiler is over 14 years old.

Then you need to talk to sensible plumbers. Freezing the condensate
outlet might stop the boiler from working (temporarily) but it won't
'break' it.

One of them is in here. Posting by the name of Bod. I shall email this to him....

--
Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?