Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Boiler condenser pipe/overflow curved inwards?

On Mon, 05 May 2014 14:26:21 +0100, ARW wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 05 May 2014 10:11:22 +0100, ARW
wrote:

All the pipework from the boiler to the exit point must slope downwards.
There is a good reason for that and I am sure you know why,

I meant the last little bit, a bend up instead of down after exiting the
wall.

Well the bend up could fill up with water and freeze. An ice plug in the
pipework would not be helpful if the PRV operated would it?

It would have had to fail twice in rapid succession in winter for that to happen.

--
A bluewhale's heart is roughly the size of a VW Beetle, and its aorta is large enough for a human to crawl through.