Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Boiler condenser pipe/overflow curved inwards?

"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 07/05/2014 11:34, Gazz wrote:
"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news They've all been about 6 inches off the ground.

ALL of them?

I can assure you that the one at my parents first floor holiday
appartment
is not six inches above the ground

Trust you to find an exception.

It'll be placed at the most convenient place, subject to regulation.
Mine's at the same level as the boiler, so about 1.5m above ground.

I think the 180 degree bend, pointing the pipe into the wall, is a
perfectly valid and elegant solution.

Your mileage obviously varies.

Give it another 30 years and there will be so many regulations it will
be impossible to do anything without contradicting one of them. It'll
also take our entire working lives to learn them all, so nobody will
actually be allowed to do any jobs.

With a bit of luck you'll be long dead and buried by then, mind, you'll
prolly be denying you are actually dead because it dosent fit one of
your many skewed illogical ideas,

I can't be the only one wondering if you have much of a life, all you
seem to do is post a question, get a perfectly valid answer, then spend
the next week or 2 arguing because you don't like the answer you got,

I expect he knows the answer in advance (or at least, thinks he does) and
just wants a platform to tell us how manly he is, and why things that
risk death and injury for others are mere trifles for him.

He can then bask in our admiration....

And it's me that actually gets injured (face burnt by petrol
explosion/falling of ladder/bad burn on the arm from 15mm copper (that is
still scarred after 10 years but at least it is no longer in the shape off
15mm copper)/broken ankle from falling off a 3cm kerb/finger sliced deep
open at 8m height when it was trapped between SWA and a cable tray/run over
on zebra crossing that had a lollipop lady stood there with a STOP sign (I
got a fractured skull in that one)/knocked out with cricket bat in an
improvised game of baseball (beer was involved and so were 13 stitches) etc

--
Adam