Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

8 to 10 minutes, depending on bath size and temperature of in the incoming
cold mains water. A very large bath will be irritating to fill.

So the tablets are working?

The Dutch invented condensing boilers, and 90% plus of boilers are condensers.

90% already? That tosser Prescott has done a really good job.
Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

In article , Andy Hall
writes

Are you sure?

You do realise you're talking to one of Drivel's sockpuppets?

There is a nice post from old timey back in 2000 where he nearly creams
himself when he hears about Adam's (as he was pretending to be at the
time) two combi solution...

Looks like a dedicated disciple indeed...

Yep. A bright man. I looked at this post.
http://tinyurl.com/9lth6
One of the best on here for years; very informative, which more than I can
say about the 4 or 5 regular loony trolls here. This is the thread Lord Hall
was castigated for having a total attitude problem.

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

8 to 10 minutes, depending on bath size and temperature of in the

incoming
cold mains water. A very large bath will be irritating to fill.

So the tablets are working?

Yes, the salt tablets do reduce scale.

snip drivel

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Capitol wrote:
wrote:
I would suggest checking on the track record
of Dr Drivel/IMM before forming an opinion.

So would I, and you will find sound advise. Doctor Evil/Doctor
Drivel/IMM, any of those, all the same poster, and clearly very
experienced. I buy and renovate houses, and he is the only one worth
reading on heating and water systems. I have used his advice to great
effect in the past, and Google a lot on his posts. His detractors are
not worth taking seriously at all. Just take no notice of them. In a
contributors merely stupidly slagged and mainly took up space.

Some contributors such as yourself appear to be easily fooled by
verbose but frequently stupid, and generally inadequate, responses from
the resident one size fits all, combi advocate who is frequently unable
to write properly in the English language and never justifies his
figures. If you really believe that IMM is worth reading and believing,
then I'm very suspicious of your appraisal and critical facilities and
would never under any circumstances attach any credulity to your

Well, he says he buys and renovates houses. So the cheapest and easiest
'solution' is likely to be used for everything.

The beauty of DIY is that you can use the *best* solution tailored exactly
to your requirements. Not what some cheapskate developer decides is cost
effective for him.

--
*If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done? *

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

You're a loony

Maxie, I am not the one up a tree in a frock.

Nor am I you turd

And you didn't answer the question
what do you do ?
He also has an honours degree in physics
Yep. Sort of.

No, not sort of , a BSc (hons) from a proper university
What qualifications do you have?
Honours degree.

In what, and from where ?

Maxie, I can't reveal such details to lunatics on the Internet. I am a very
secret person.

In other words -you don't

People with secrets have something to hide

and Sirret is limited in his experience mainly
just fitting Vailllant combi's.
Before starting gas work, IIRC, Ed ran a company maintaining properties
Landlord cowboy work?

I don't see how you draw that conclusion

Most landlords take the cheapest route.

You have a peculiar sense of "logic"

Of course, as you don't have any real answer, you'll just type your
traditional "snip drivel"

Maxie, you know I know all the answers.

Yes, but the wrong ones

I bet you failed your 11 plus didn't you
- all you could manage was to
put your name on the paper ... and
then spelt it incorrectly

Maxie, you are odd. It is clear I am the greatest poet the world has ever
seen.

So I'm right

That's where that chip on your shoulder comes from, isn't it

Maxie!! You are odd. I may break out in verse soon.

It would be much better if you broke out in buboes and gave us all a
rest

--
geoff
Doctor Drivel

"raden" wrote in message
news
In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

You're a loony

Maxie, I am not the one up a tree in a frock.

Nor am I you turd

Maxie you were up a tree in friock, yopu showed us all the piccie. And that
is disgusting language:

...Maxie's had nice good swear
...the sort of language we don't like to hear.
...a courteous man? Maxie ain't
...he causes old ladies to drop and faint

...walk around Watford if you dare
...you will hear expletives through the air
...as Maxie screams out loud
...the sort of language of which he's proud
...with effs and C's and B's and T's
...directing words at old ladies

...the Plod viewed Maxie so adverse
...as he shouted out a curse
...they took this foul mouthed fatty man
...and slapped him right inside the can

...through the keyhole Maxie directed
...foul mouthed words towards the detective
...the Plod had enough of this fat slob
...and rammed a gag inside his gob

Doctor Drivel

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Plowman? He works in sound studio looking after the cables.

And you work in a plumbers' merchant.

Stop making things up.

snip inane babble about dogs

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Plowman? He works in sound studio looking after the cables.

And you work in a plumbers' merchant.

Stop making things up.

Well, you've made up the above line about me.

Of course strictly speaking a van driver doesn't work in the building.

--
*Not all men are annoying. Some are dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Plowman? He works in sound studio looking after the cables.

And you work in a plumbers' merchant.

Stop making things up.

Well, you've made up the above line about me.

Of course strictly speaking a van driver doesn't work in the building.

You mean someone out there would trust him with something more dangerous
than a blunt pencil ?

--
geoff
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Plowman? He works in sound studio looking after the cables.

And you work in a plumbers' merchant.

Stop making things up.

Well, you've made up the above line about me.

I never. It is true.

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Plowman? He works in sound studio looking after the cables.

And you work in a plumbers' merchant.

Stop making things up.

Well, you've made up the above line about me.

Of course strictly speaking a van driver doesn't work in the building.

You mean

Maxie, he doesn't know what he means. You should know better.

Owain

Andy Hall wrote:
The dog has bigger ******** than you.
The dog can lick his own ********.
The dog won't let you lick his ********.

*APPLAUSE*

Eyethenkewe

He did miss one line though....
"The dog won't lick your ********"
(of course that could be an impossibility)

After the hacksaw slipped...

Owain

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Plowman? He works in sound studio looking after the cables.

And you work in a plumbers' merchant.

Stop making things up.

Well, you've made up the above line about me.

I never. It is true.

Unlike your wilder claims about having degrees in this and that which are
plainly false - given that you'd fail any exam trying to just write one of
your many names - my career is an open book.

I don't give a stuff who knows what I do for a living, where I live, or
what my personal circumstances are. So have no need to live in a fantasy
world. Which in your case needs treatment. And I mean that most sincerely,
folks.

--
*If they arrest the Energizer Bunny, would they charge it with battery? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

"Owain" wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:
The dog has bigger ******** than you.
The dog can lick his own ********.
The dog won't let you lick his ********.
*APPLAUSE*

Eyethenkewe

Is that poetry?

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Plowman? He works in sound studio looking after the cables.

And you work in a plumbers' merchant.

Stop making things up.

Well, you've made up the above line about me.

I never. It is true.

Unlike your

snip senile lunatic babbling drivel

Capitol

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
The beauty of DIY is that you can use the *best* solution tailored exactly
to your requirements. Not what some cheapskate developer decides is cost
effective for him.

The key point is that he is not a developer, merely a sock puppet! If
you are a landlord, the main thing that you want is 30 year reliability.
I know. The low installation cost of cheap combi systems is wiped out
by repair costs after about 5 years. As a landlord, you don't care how
efficient the system is, only profit counts!

I know that Ed is in favour of sealed systems, but from a cost of
maintenance viewpoint, open systems are better IME. Indeed as I believe
you also have found?

Regards
Capitol

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
The dog has bigger ******** than you.
The dog can lick his own ********.
The dog won't let you lick his ********.
*APPLAUSE*

Eyethenkewe

Is that poetry?

How would you know?

--
*Change is inevitable ... except from vending machines *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Capitol wrote:
The beauty of DIY is that you can use the *best* solution tailored
exactly to your requirements. Not what some cheapskate developer
decides is cost effective for him.

The key point is that he is not a developer, merely a sock puppet!

That I don't know. He's posted here for quite a long time, off and on. But
has decided to have a go at me for his own reasons. Fairy nuff.

If you are a landlord, the main thing that you want is 30 year
reliability.

I can see that - but a property developer? Quick make over and sell.

I know. The low installation cost of cheap combi systems
is wiped out by repair costs after about 5 years. As a landlord, you
don't care how efficient the system is, only profit counts!

Could be. And this is a DIY group, where advice should be independant of
what landlords or property developers find the most cost effective
solution. It should be tailored to the actual requirements of the
questioner.

I know that Ed is in favour of sealed systems, but from a cost of
maintenance viewpoint, open systems are better IME. Indeed as I believe
you also have found?

I can see the benefits where space is at a premium. Same as combis. Horses
for courses.

--
*Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Plowman? He works in sound studio looking after the cables.

And you work in a plumbers' merchant.

Stop making things up.

Well, you've made up the above line about me.

I never. It is true.

Unlike your

snip senile lunatic babbling drivel

You can't take the straightforward truth can you

--
geoff
Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

I am a very secret person.

If you had a clue you would realise the inaccuracy of that statement.

Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Plowman? He works in sound studio looking after the cables.

And you work in a plumbers' merchant.

Stop making things up.

He did make that up, you've hardly worked at all for ages as you spend
all day posting in here.

Back to the counter Drivel, sell some more tanks and make me richer.

Matt

Andy Hall wrote:

He did miss one line though....

"The dog won't lick your ********"

(of course that could be an impossibility)

smut follows

There is a supposedly true story floating round on the net of a female
"you've been framed" contestant on I think Spanish TV, that used dog
food to achieve similar ends - filmed live and shown to millions.

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Plowman? He works in sound studio looking after the cables.

And you work in a plumbers' merchant.

Stop making things up.

He did make that up,

Of course he did. 10/10 for observation.

Ed Sirett

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:03:47 +0100, Paul wrote:

Snip
If you want fast bath fill then you will require a high flowrate combi,
which are more expensive.

Try these for cheap combi's. They are the cheapest. Give them a ring:
http://www.uselessenergy.org.uk/boilers_prices.asp

Go for in this order:

- Glow-Worm 38CXI @ £719.19
- Worcester Greenstar 35HE Plus @ £832.30
- Isar 35HE @ £685.00

How quickly on bath filling is not very quickly? I can afford the glow
worm 30CXI or the Ideal HE30 which would you pick? The glow worm has a
stainless steel heat exchanger is this better?

I have just had to replace the control pack on my old CH system will i
be able to use that on my combi to save buying another?

Cheers for you help someone who makes sense( there seems to be a shortage)

Paul

These are all middle to upper-middle market products.
The only control parts you will need are the wall thermostat and timer.

Although some manufacturers are quoting long guarantees on
Silicon-Aluminium heat exchangers I'll _feel_ more content with a S/S unit.

Ed Sirett

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 22:23:49 +0000, raden wrote:

and Sirret is limited in his experience mainly
just fitting Vailllant combi's.

Before starting gas work, IIRC, Ed ran a company maintaining properties

I normally try to avoid getting drawn in to ding-dong threads.
However I am being referred to in this one so I better set the record
straight.

I am both a Landlord ( I run two flats) and also I offer a landlords'
management and maintenance service. Initially, the gas fitting stemmed
from this work as a necessity (Landlords' Safety checks and gas
maintenance etc). Later on I started doing additional gas fitting work for
others (which extends to rather more than replacing combis).

Most of my clients tend to be small private Landlords, or very up market
social landlords (e.g. Alms House Trusts). In this sector the cost is, as
always, significant but reliability, tenant relations, finish, flexibility
and one-call-service are as important and sometimes more so. Some of the
places I work on are top of the range (for rented) with high status
corporate tenants.

Ti illustrate the point that rented accom. is not automatically sqaulid,
I have some photos of a one bed flat I have just finished.
http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/photos10

GRATUITOUS PLUG:
This flat is available to rent in London, N10 for £850 pcm
One bedroom. GCH. Thermostatic bath/shower.
Fully furnished. Almost entirely new inventory.
H & C Water, & some heating 1/Oct - 31/March included.
Council Tax Band C.
Local shops and bus services within 100m.
Nearest tubes East Finchley (Northern), Bounds Green (Piccadilly).

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

I am a very secret person.

If

snip inane drivel

Doctor Drivel

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
[...]

Can't you hide the boiler better than that?
The hall piccie shows what looks like a 1" iron one-pipe communal heating
system.
I believe the toilet requires a hand wash basin. if a separate toilet.

Andy Hall

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:39:06 +0100, Matt
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

He did miss one line though....

"The dog won't lick your ********"

(of course that could be an impossibility)

smut follows

There is a supposedly true story floating round on the net of a female
"you've been framed" contestant on I think Spanish TV, that used dog
food to achieve similar ends - filmed live and shown to millions.

Oh no. Why would she like tasting dogfood?

Dr. D's acceptance of "Eyethankeye" (I thank ewe) as a watchword,
clearly indicates that all is not well in tower blocks in Milton
Keynes.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Doctor Drivel

wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

He did miss one line though....

"The dog won't lick your ********"

(of course that could be an impossibility)

smut follows

There is a supposedly true story floating round on the net of a female
"you've been framed" contestant on I think Spanish TV, that used dog
food to achieve similar ends - filmed live and shown to millions.

Oh no. Why would she like tasting dogfood?

Dr. D's acceptance of "Eyethankeye" (I thank ewe) as a watchword,
clearly indicates that all is not well in tower blocks in Milton
Keynes.

You are a dork. Milton Keynes doesn't have tower blocks. One of its
features is that most is flat and intertwined with lakes and parks. I read
there was between 15 to 20 lakes in the place.

How is Broadmoor this morning? You must know being the systems admin man
there.

Andy Hall

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 13:29:04 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

He did miss one line though....

"The dog won't lick your ********"

(of course that could be an impossibility)

smut follows

There is a supposedly true story floating round on the net of a female
"you've been framed" contestant on I think Spanish TV, that used dog
food to achieve similar ends - filmed live and shown to millions.

Oh no. Why would she like tasting dogfood?

Dr. D's acceptance of "Eyethankeye" (I thank ewe) as a watchword,
clearly indicates that all is not well in tower blocks in Milton
Keynes.

You are a dork. Milton Keynes doesn't have tower blocks. One of its
features is that most is flat and intertwined with lakes and parks. I read
there was between 15 to 20 lakes in the place.

Ah. I thought you would know from living there.

How is Broadmoor this morning? You must know being the systems admin man
there.

I presumed that you would have an inside view.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Owain

Doctor Drivel wrote:
The dog has bigger ******** than you.
The dog can lick his own ********.
The dog won't let you lick his ********.
*APPLAUSE*

Eyethenkewe

Is that poetry?

It is pure poetry compared to what you would do to ewes if you could
catch them, which you can't because you trip over the cowpats in your
dancing pumps.

Owain

Owain

Andy Hall wrote:
Dr. D's acceptance of "Eyethankeye" (I thank ewe) as a watchword,
clearly indicates that all is not well in tower blocks in Milton
Keynes.

I didn't think there were any tower blocks in Milton Keynes.

Owain

Andy Hall

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 14:02:16 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
Dr. D's acceptance of "Eyethankeye" (I thank ewe) as a watchword,
clearly indicates that all is not well in tower blocks in Milton
Keynes.

I didn't think there were any tower blocks in Milton Keynes.

Owain

Possibly not, although having some to make Dr D feel at home would be
a useful addition if not.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Owain

Doctor Drivel wrote:
You are a dork. Milton Keynes doesn't have tower blocks. One of its
features is that most is flat and intertwined with lakes and parks. I read
there was between 15 to 20 lakes in the place.

Not surprising as it's built on a flood plain.

How is Broadmoor this morning? You must know being the systems admin man
there.

Which is better than being a patient.

Owain

Doctor Drivel

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
The dog has bigger ******** than you.
The dog can lick his own ********.
The dog won't let you lick his ********.
*APPLAUSE*
Eyethenkewe

Is that poetry?

It is pure poetry compared to what you would do to ewes

Scotsmen and sheep. It all fits.