Doctor Drivel

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 22:23:49 +0000, raden wrote:

and Sirret is limited in his experience mainly
just fitting Vailllant combi's.

Before starting gas work, IIRC, Ed ran a company maintaining properties

I normally try to avoid getting drawn in to ding-dong threads.
However I am being referred to in this one so I better set the record
straight.

I am both a Landlord ( I run two flats) and also I offer a landlords'
management and maintenance service. Initially, the gas fitting stemmed
from this work as a necessity (Landlords' Safety checks and gas
maintenance etc). Later on I started doing additional gas fitting work for
others (which extends to rather more than replacing combis).

Most of my clients tend to be small private Landlords, or very up market
social landlords (e.g. Alms House Trusts). In this sector the cost is, as
always, significant but reliability, tenant relations, finish, flexibility
and one-call-service are as important and sometimes more so. Some of the
places I work on are top of the range (for rented) with high status
corporate tenants.

Ti illustrate the point that rented accom. is not automatically sqaulid,
I have some photos of a one bed flat I have just finished.
http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/photos10

Can't you hide the boiler better than that?
The hall piccie shows what looks like a 1" iron one-pipe communal heating
system.
I believe the toilet requires a hand wash basin. if a separate toilet.