Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 13:29:04 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:39:06 +0100, Matt
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

He did miss one line though....

"The dog won't lick your ********"

(of course that could be an impossibility)

smut follows

There is a supposedly true story floating round on the net of a female
"you've been framed" contestant on I think Spanish TV, that used dog
food to achieve similar ends - filmed live and shown to millions.

Oh no. Why would she like tasting dogfood?

Dr. D's acceptance of "Eyethankeye" (I thank ewe) as a watchword,
clearly indicates that all is not well in tower blocks in Milton
Keynes.

You are a dork. Milton Keynes doesn't have tower blocks. One of its
features is that most is flat and intertwined with lakes and parks. I

read
there was between 15 to 20 lakes in the place.

Ah. I thought you would know from living there.

My God he has me upwardly mobile now. He is moving me from a south London
sink estate to Milton Keynes now. Well they did pinch a south London
football team.

How is Broadmoor this morning? You
must know being the systems admin man
there.

I presumed that you would have an inside view.

No. You do. You keep telling us. Something tells me you are always inside
Broadmoor. Do they censor your posts? When is the big day? Probably
never, one of those lifers.

Doctor Drivel

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
You are a dork. Milton Keynes doesn't have tower blocks. One of its
features is that most is flat and intertwined with lakes and parks. I

read
there was between 15 to 20 lakes in the place.

Not surprising as it's built on a flood plain.

Apparently not. I checked, most of the lakes are artificial.

How is Broadmoor this morning? You
must know being the systems admin man
there.

Which is better than being a patient.

To be sure, both are one and the same.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
You are a dork. Milton Keynes doesn't have tower blocks. One of its
features is that most is flat and intertwined with lakes and parks. I
read there was between 15 to 20 lakes in the place.

Yup. Those roundabouts flood easily. And I suppose to an MK resident those
shopping malls are a form of park. For cars.

--
*If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
My God he has me upwardly mobile now. He is moving me from a south London
sink estate to Milton Keynes now. Well they did pinch a south London
football team.

You think Wimbledon a south London sink estate? How very quaint. I doubt
you could afford an ex council lockup garage there.

--
*Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Andy Hall

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 18:09:38 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
You are a dork. Milton Keynes doesn't have tower blocks. One of its
features is that most is flat and intertwined with lakes and parks. I

read
there was between 15 to 20 lakes in the place.

Not surprising as it's built on a flood plain.

Apparently not. I checked, most of the lakes are artificial.

Figures.....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
You are a dork. Milton Keynes doesn't have tower blocks. One of its
features is that most is flat and intertwined with lakes and parks. I

read
there was between 15 to 20 lakes in the place.

Not surprising as it's built on a flood plain.

Apparently not. I checked, most of the lakes are artificial.

Figures.....

Like most lakes in the UK.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
You are a dork. Milton Keynes doesn't have tower blocks. One of
its features is that most is flat and intertwined with lakes and
parks. I read there was between 15 to 20 lakes in the place.

Not surprising as it's built on a flood plain.

Apparently not. I checked, most of the lakes are artificial.

That's MK for you.

--
*How much deeper would the oceans be without sponges? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Not surprising as it's built on a flood plain.

Apparently not. I checked, most of the lakes are artificial.

Figures.....

Gives John's perspective on life. Milton Keynes and 'combi's' are cool.
The second one obviously.

--
*Do paediatricians play miniature golf on Wednesdays?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
You are a dork. Milton Keynes doesn't have tower blocks. One of
its features is that most is flat and intertwined with lakes and
parks. I read there was between 15 to 20 lakes in the place.

Not surprising as it's built on a flood plain.

Apparently not. I checked, most of the lakes are artificial.

That's MK for you.

Good observation, you are improving. Yes that was MK. On focus, a big
improvement

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:

My God he has me upwardly mobile now. He is moving me from a south

London
sink estate to Milton Keynes now. Well they did pinch a south London
football team.

You think Wimbledon a south London sink estate?

Yes, it is the pits.

How very quaint. I doubt
you could afford an ex council lockup garage there.

The place is the pits. All south London is.

Jim White

In message ws.net
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:
[snip]

You think Wimbledon a south London sink estate?

Yes, it is the pits.

How very quaint. I doubt
you could afford an ex council lockup garage there.

The place is the pits. All south London is.

Careful, Tosser.

--
Jim White
Wimbledon London England
Doctor Drivel

"Jim White" wrote in message
In message ws.net
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:
[snip]

You think Wimbledon a south London sink estate?

Yes, it is the pits.

How very quaint. I doubt
you could afford an ex council lockup garage there.

The place is the pits. All south London is.

Careful, Tosser.

I feel sorry for you. Locked in and can't move.

O.B.

I agree with Dr D on the CM67 but don't buy from Discounted heating in
Plymouth. I did and when it when wrong they didn't want to know. In the
end Honeywell tech support replaced it.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Jim White wrote:
You think Wimbledon a south London sink estate?

Yes, it is the pits.

How very quaint. I doubt
you could afford an ex council lockup garage there.

The place is the pits. All south London is.

Careful, Tosser.

;-)

Luckily the chance of Drivel moving to Wimbledon from his one bedroom
council flat in MK are zero. So our houses are safe from flooding by his
antics with a hacksaw.

--
*Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

Jim White wrote:
You think Wimbledon a south London sink estate?

Yes, it is the pits.

How very quaint. I doubt
you could afford an ex council lockup garage there.

The place is the pits. All south London is.

Careful, Tosser.

;-)

Luckily the chance of Drivel moving to Wimbledon from his one bedroom
council flat in MK are zero.

I have been promoted from a sink estate in Sarf Lahdan to a luxury pad in MK
now.

Jim White

In message
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

[snip]

Luckily the chance of Drivel moving to Wimbledon from his one bedroom
council flat in MK are zero. So our houses are safe from flooding by his
antics with a hacksaw.

Well I'm off to Lake Garda tomorrow, which I think is a little more
authentic than MK's flooded gravel pits, so I'll leave it to you to
maintain our 'combi-free zone' in my absence :-)

Cheers,

--
Jim White
Wimbledon London England
Doctor Drivel

"Jim White" wrote in message
In message
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

[snip]

Luckily the chance of Drivel moving to Wimbledon from his one bedroom
council flat in MK are zero. So our houses are safe from flooding by his
antics with a hacksaw.

Well I'm off to Lake Garda tomorrow,

You poor *******.

Pete C

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 11:51:49 +0100, Ed Sirett
wrote:

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 22:23:49 +0000, raden wrote:

and Sirret is limited in his experience mainly
just fitting Vailllant combi's.

Before starting gas work, IIRC, Ed ran a company maintaining properties

I normally try to avoid getting drawn in to ding-dong threads.
However I am being referred to in this one so I better set the record
straight.

I am both a Landlord ( I run two flats) and also I offer a landlords'
management and maintenance service. Initially, the gas fitting stemmed
from this work as a necessity (Landlords' Safety checks and gas
maintenance etc). Later on I started doing additional gas fitting work for
others (which extends to rather more than replacing combis).

Most of my clients tend to be small private Landlords, or very up market
social landlords (e.g. Alms House Trusts). In this sector the cost is, as
always, significant but reliability, tenant relations, finish, flexibility
and one-call-service are as important and sometimes more so. Some of the
places I work on are top of the range (for rented) with high status
corporate tenants.

Ti illustrate the point that rented accom. is not automatically sqaulid,
I have some photos of a one bed flat I have just finished.
http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/photos10

GRATUITOUS PLUG:
This flat is available to rent in London, N10 for £850 pcm
One bedroom. GCH. Thermostatic bath/shower.
Fully furnished. Almost entirely new inventory.
H & C Water, & some heating 1/Oct - 31/March included.
Council Tax Band C.
Local shops and bus services within 100m.
Nearest tubes East Finchley (Northern), Bounds Green (Piccadilly).

Hi,

Nice flat!

I would lose the computer chair or get a chair mat though, as they can
be damage the carpet sometimes.

Office World used to do them for £30, can't find them online but
stores may still have one.

cheers,
Pete.
raden

Dave can you email me your email addy please?

--
geoff
Ed Sirett

wrote:

[...]

The Office chair and desk-table is one of the few things that survived
the previous tenants.
If this were aimed at the Japanese corporate lettings market then such
considerations might become important, however it is too far from Central
Finchley (The epicentre of expat Japanese).

Ultimately after the basic size (i.e room count) and rent level the next
most important aspect is proximity to a tube station in this case it about
1km to several stations. This puts a limit on it's value although I'm
hoping that the current relatively high standard shoudl allow for about
100-150 pcm over the going rate.

Pete C

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:01:21 +0100, Ed Sirett
wrote:

Hi,

Nice flat!

I would lose the computer chair or get a chair mat though, as they can
be damage the carpet sometimes.

Office World used to do them for £30, can't find them online but
stores may still have one.

The Office chair and desk-table is one of the few things that survived
the previous tenants.

Not the sort to do office work at home I guess...

Ultimately after the basic size (i.e room count) and rent level the next
most important aspect is proximity to a tube station in this case it about
1km to several stations. This puts a limit on it's value although I'm
hoping that the current relatively high standard shoudl allow for about
100-150 pcm over the going rate.

Might be worth visiting a couple of local letting agents as a
prospective tenant, to see what's available.

cheers,
Pete.