Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT, Shooting and the neighbors.

I live out in the country, my neighbor, that moved in after I had already
been here for a few years, complained, so I quit shooting in my field close
to his house, where I had a 100 yard range setup with a nice dirt wall. I
moved my shooting to a small area on the opposite side of my house, I'd
estimate around 300 or more yards from where he built his house. Anyway, we
have moved our shooting area as far away from his house as we can and aren't
breaking any laws. If some kind of noise reduction device was legal I'd buy
or make one to please him.

So anyway, this morning he gets right outside our house, probably within 30
feet or so, and starts firing some estimated 30 or so rounds to punish us
for shooting. He was just firing into the ground to wake us up and punish
us, lol. According to the county Sheriff's department, if he continues
doing this because we are shooting on our property, they can get him on
doing this to be a nuisance.

So today, about an hour ago, I took some guns to my field closer to their
property and shot 10 shots into the ground. The ******* isn't going to
appreciate that I moved my shooting as far away from him as I can, then come
get in his field right behind my house and start shooting at 6:00 AM just to
wake me up, then I'll shoot anywhere I want on my property. If there's
shooting near my house in the morning, there's going to be Tannerite
explosions close to his property.

By the way, isn't there any kind of laws restricting him from shooting so
close to an inhabited building?

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yes Roger there is a law - so many feet from house or highway.

My property is split part in town and part in County. My Town
neighbors seem to shoot guns all of the time. In town!

I've killed a Cotton Mouth - a big one inside our bird house.

Advise NOT to push him - makes his case with the law.

Let him get into trouble - tress pass and such.

Stay clean - you are clean.

On 6/9/2013 6:39 PM, RogerN wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RogerN wrote:
[...]

Talk to the local law, read over the zoning regs and look at any
town/county/whatever, gun laws or restrictions.
Then make SURE you comply with them.

As to restrictions on shooting distance from an occupied structure. In
most places there are restrictions but they vary so you need to find out
what yours are.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"RogerN" wrote in message

[...]

I would go over and talk to the guy. Neighbor disputes can get ugly and
expensive. DAMHIKT...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 19:28:13 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

[...]

So,Roger's neighbor complained about the shooting. I assume it's the
noise he is complaining about because Roger says he would use a
suppressor if it was legal. I don't know what the law in his part of
the country says about suppressors but I believe they are legal in
some places. Maybe Roger should check that out if he hasn't already.
Now, Roger's neighbor is making his own noise to retaliate and Roger
says he just did the same thing, albiet using fewer rounds. And Roger
says he will now shoot anywhere on his property that he wants to.
Which is his right. Where I live I can shoot also. The law says the
rounds cannot leave the property and that's the only restriction.
Anything I can legally shoot according to State and Federal laws can
be shot on my property. There some noise laws but they are general and
apply to any noise above certain level during a certain time interval.
Nevertheless I shoot mostly .22 CB shorts. Though not as accurate as
as .22 Long Rifle rounds at 100 yards I still shoot them for shorter
distances. They are fun and quiet. Of course they will not cause the
action of a semi-automatic to cycle properly but then I am not using
them in a semi-auto. They are also not the same as shooting larger
caliber rounds for all the obvious reasons. But since they are quiet
they don't disturb the neighbors. Even though Roger is within his
rights to shoot wherever on his property, and even though his neighbor
is acting like an ass, the moral high ground, I believe, would be to
continue shooting as far away from his neighbor as possible, and to
shoot the quietest rounds he can in the caliber and weapon of his
choice. Let the neighbor act like an ass firing his gun at 6:00 AM.
Then find out if he is breaking the law. If he is then Roger can use
the law to his advantage. If Roger also acts like an ass and makes
more noise than he would normally then even though the law might be on
Roger's side he would be taking the moral low ground.
Eric

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 18:39:05 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

[...]

First of all....if he is shooting on or over your property...you can
have him arrested on a variety of charges.

Now what I would suggest doing...is getting a backhoe and piling up a
birm about 6-8' high next to your shooting bench/shooting line
....between that area and a clear line to his house, simply to block
the audio waves of the gunshots. from reaching his home.

Its surprising how much that will attenuate the gunshots....and make
them less "heart beatingly surprising". And perhaps a freon horn to
be directed towards his property several minutes before starting to
shoot as a prewarning.

Obviously you and they have not talked about his problems with you
shooting...so why not have a glass of lemonade on the front lawn and
see what his problems are? Maybe he has a kid who naps at a certain
time? Favorite TV show?

Or is he simply an asshole? You as of yet have not determined that
yet. So get your ducks in a row before it turns into a shooting war.

Gunner

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
Raid® to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 18:39:05 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:
snip

[...]

Sounds like good advice.

The guys wife came by tonight to discuss, talk about a very unreasonable
person. When they set out on their patio of the evening they don't like to
hear the gunshots. They don't understand why I need to shoot my guns
because they don't shoot their guns, and ammo is expensive (they got one
thing right). They said my land was too small (I have 4.5 acres) and I
don't have a proper backstop. Where I shoot has a gradual downward slope
and on the other side of the ditch it slopes upward. Very much like
shooting down in a valley but with a slight slope, still a solid dirt
backstop, the bullet just goes deeper and deeper into the soil. I did have
a good backstop at my field, when I dug the pond I piled the dirt up for a
massive backstop, but the neighbors complained so I now shoot in a small
area on the other side of my house.

The neighbor's wife told me that when we shoot they are going to go right
next to my house at 6:00 AM and shoot. According to the Sherriff's office,
them doing this just to be a nuisance is illegal.

So I'm thinking of shooting large generic Tannerite targets. The only thing
is I don't want to disturb the other neighbors. Why do neighbors think they
can boss people beyond the law?

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/9/2013 7:50 PM, RogerN wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 18:39:05 -0500, wrote:
snip

[...]

Why not invite the neighbors to come shoot their guns at your shooting
range? Or build a proper one together?

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul Drahn" wrote in message ...

On 6/9/2013 7:50 PM, RogerN wrote:

snip

The neighbor's wife told me that when we shoot they are going to go right
next to my house at 6:00 AM and shoot. According to the Sherriff's
office,
them doing this just to be a nuisance is illegal.

So I'm thinking of shooting large generic Tannerite targets. The only
thing
is I don't want to disturb the other neighbors. Why do neighbors think
they
can boss people beyond the law?

RogerN

Why not invite the neighbors to come shoot their guns at your shooting
range? Or build a proper one together?

Paul

I would love to but they don't like shooting, they are shooting near (~10-15
yards) my house just to punish me for shooting some ~300 yards away from
their house.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 21:50:01 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Roger...you are simply ****ed off and escalating the downhill plunge.
Seriously. Im about as independant and rightwing as they come..and
Id not be running headlong into the wall as you appear to be doing.

First of all..they are dickheads. Granted. But that is their
right..up to a point.

Now doze up a berm between your shooting bench and their property. Let
them know you are "spending thousands" to alleviate their displeasure
simply because you are a good neighbor. If you think it would be a
good thing..doze up a berm at the target end..or a pit if you are
shooting downwards as a backstop.

Do everything you can do to fix the situation..not make it bigger and
bigger. There is zero chance of them or you backing away..so be the
bigger guy and fix up your range.

If thats not good enough for them..when it comes to court..you have
all the things you have done in your favor and any rural judge or
court is going to settle on your side. And if they keep on being
assholes...the courts will side with you and fine the **** out of the
other guy. With luck..they will sell out and move. But being a dick
isnt going to solve this in the slightest. Seriously. I tell you 3
times.

If they continue to be dicks...have a couple "charity trap shoots".
That tends to let it be known that your life continues to go on
dispite them.

If they dont like to hear gunshots..and you have bermed and done all
the proper things..They can do whatever they want to put in sound
deadening on their own property.

And never turn your back on either of them again. Thats where this
is leading.

Gunner

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
Raid® to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message

[...]

I would have blown your ass away -- or worse -- a long time ago.
This guy is displaying great patience. You are pushing your luck.
Have more sex..... you won't have to ejaculate thru yer guns as much.
--
EA

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

LISTEN to Gunner here.

Nothing worse than warring neighbors.

Eat some crow and apologize.

Myself, I'd build a small building of some sort and shoot from inside.
Or likely, you have a way to do that now.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 02:44:54 -0400, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

"RogerN" wrote in message

[...]

Guns? Sex? You live in a blue state dontcha? Yall are ****ing
wierd.

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
Raid® to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ideally, there is some kind of agreement that will
satisfy both of you. Perhaps you can do your
shooting at some time of day that doesn't interfere
with thier porch sitting. It would be very easy for
this to escalate into a feud, but sounds like you'd
rather keep things peaceful.

If the other guy is "thirty feet from your house"
would that be on your property? It sounds like that's
a good moment to take a lot of photographs, some
video, and a couple phone calls to the Sheriff. Of
course, if they look like they are firing towards the
house, you may need to defend your life by returning
fire to stop the threat.

It also sounds like the other fellow is trying to set up a
"win / lose" situation, not a compromise. That's a very
fragile situation, where you both could be big losers.
Do you have a local pastor or other peace maker who
the neighbor respects?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"RogerN" wrote in message ...

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In the Old Testament days, the Jews would "return
reviling for reviling" and in the New Testament, Christ
taught forgiveness. I gues they are more the Old
Testament type of people? Sounds like you're more
the New Testament type.

Of course, you can set up big stereo speakers, so
when they do their 6 AM shooting, you can give them
a major dose of ghetto music to cheer them up? Or
some of that feedback noise that they use for Somali
pirates. The 1812 Overture, and some sound tracks
of M-60 action?

Perhaps one of the Sheriff's deputies would like to
spend the night, and arrest them at 6 AM before he's
coffee'd up?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"RogerN" wrote in message m...

Why not invite the neighbors to come shoot their guns at your shooting
range? Or build a proper one together?

Paul

I would love to but they don't like shooting, they are shooting
near (~10-15 yards) my house just to punish me for shooting
some ~300 yards away from their house.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/9/2013 7:39 PM, RogerN wrote:
[...]

Don't escalate! Agree to a time frame that you can shoot and give a
heads-up when you DO use your range time. If they are not agreeable,
send them a letter with a time table and send a copy to the local law.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-06-10, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
[...]

Few things are worse than quarreling with neighbors. Most of us break
a bunch of ordinances and snitching neighbors can make life
unpleasant.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 06/09/2013 08:37 PM, RogerN wrote:

I would love to but they don't like shooting, they are shooting near (~10-15
yards) my house just to punish me for shooting some ~300 yards away from
their house.

That's close enough to be interpreted as a direct threat. I would call
law enforcement to apprise them of this development, and/or install a
security camera with a timestamp that you can to use to document their
abuse.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus4900" wrote in message

Most of us break a bunch of ordinances

Speak for yourself.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 18:39:05 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

I live out in the country, my neighbor, that moved in after I had already
been here for a few years, complained, so I quit shooting in my field close
to his house, where I had a 100 yard range setup with a nice dirt wall. I
moved my shooting to a small area on the opposite side of my house, I'd
estimate around 300 or more yards from where he built his house. Anyway, we
have moved our shooting area as far away from his house as we can and aren't
breaking any laws. If some kind of noise reduction device was legal I'd buy
or make one to please him.

Suppressors are legal if you want to go through all the BS to get a
license for one. Otherwise they aren't.

[...]

Before you started this off with the most recent round of practice at
the far end of the property, did you call or leave a note a day or two
ahead and let him know first?

Just because he's being an asshole doesn't give you blanket rights to
be one back - you Do Not lower yourself to his level. That's how
people get hurt, or worse killed.

It might be he's feeling slighted you didn't give him a heads up - Or
invite him over. ( BYOA is an acceptable rule.) It might be he works
swing or nights (or a crazy "On Call 24/7" job like I.T.) and he's
trying to get to sleep.

Or he had a hell of a night partying in town, and just got home at 7
AM when you got started...

Or his wife has a Yappy Dog that goes nuts for 45 minutes when a flea
farts. But this is inside the house, so you don't know it.

The solution might be as simple as finding out when he leaves for work
and his house will be empty, so you don't start up till he's up and
gone for the day. Then it can't bug him. And they can put the Yappy
Dog in the garage so he doesn't destroy the couch cushions from the
noise.

By the way, isn't there any kind of laws restricting him from shooting so
close to an inhabited building?

Almost certainly - Scour the state, county, and city or township laws
and print out two copies of everything that's even remotely
applicable, hit them with a highlighter where necessary to clarify,
give him one and keep the other.

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
LISTEN to Gunner here.

Nothing worse than warring neighbors.

Eat some crow and apologize.

Myself, I'd build a small building of some sort and shoot from inside.
Or likely, you have a way to do that now.

Karl

You might try a wall of haybales between your shooting and them.
It's cheap and quick. Be sure to check with them to see if it works.
Either way, work it out.
The only thing worse than angry neighbors is angry neighbors with guns.

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ask what time they porch sit, and what time
might be agreeable to them. If no time at all
is agreeable, that demonstrates some thing
all together new.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Tom Gardner" Mars@Tacks wrote in message ...

Don't escalate! Agree to a time frame that you can shoot
and give a heads-up when you DO use your range time.
If they are not agreeable, send them a letter with a time
table and send a copy to the local law.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Existential Angst" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote in message

snip

By the way, isn't there any kind of laws restricting him from shooting so
close to an inhabited building?

I would have blown your ass away -- or worse -- a long time ago.
This guy is displaying great patience. You are pushing your luck.
Have more sex..... you won't have to ejaculate thru yer guns as much.
--
EA

Then you'd get to be some inmates love toy, you'd love that!

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message

[...]

No, you wouldn't have, little squirt.

This guy is displaying great patience.

The guy is being a total prick, just like you.

You are pushing your luck.

How is he pushing his luck any more than the prick who started shooting
at 6:00am?

You're an asshole, and you don't know what the **** you're blabbring about.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 7:39:05 PM UTC-4, RogerN wrote:
[stuff deleted - we all know what this is about]

Roger - I don't think your first move ought to be to take action against him. As others have said, try to work out some mutually agreeable schedule. You really don't want to make an enemy of your neighbor, even if you think "he started it." take this opportunity to be the bigger man and invite him over for some target practice and a beer - one after the other, in the appropriate order.

Also, a sound-blockade of some sort (as has been suggested) may make a huge difference. Even a little three sides plus a roof "bunker" made of a couple of dozen hay bales surrounding you may be surprisingly effective, and really cheap and easy.

I'm envious of your acreage. I've often wondered just how big a plot of land one would need to ensure that you couldn't hear you neighbor's leaf blowers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"George Plimpton" wrote in message
.. .
"RogerN" wrote in message

[...]

You're proly right.
Roger proly just needs a good bitch-slapping, just like the one you need,
and the problem would be solved.
--
EA

This guy is displaying great patience.

The guy is being a total prick, just like you.

You are pushing your luck.

How is he pushing his luck any more than the prick who started shooting at
6:00am?

You're an asshole, and you don't know what the **** you're blabbring
about.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message

[...]

"Proly" - chortle

Why don't you just walk around in a sandwich board that proclaims "I am
an inconsequential little goddamned flea"?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

You got me thinking here.... What if I were to build myself a small
building, sort of like a large hunting blind, that I could sit in, have a
reloading bench, and have a window I could open to shoot through? Not shoot
through with the barrel out of the window, but from a bench so the majority
of the muzzle blast is inside the building, with sound deadening materials
to not reflect the sound inside and muffle the sound going outside. Sort of
like sitting inside of a large "silencer". So inside my mini building I
have a shooting bench, reloading bench, and I can open the shooting
"window" that has a length of sound deadening tunnel directed toward my
target. The shooting bench would be back far enough from the window to
allow for a chronograph. This could also double as a ground hunting blind
that I can move during season. The tunnel I would shoot through could have
chambers to help deaden the sound, and the opening could extend to block the
sound more on the neighbors side.

Obviously you and they have not talked about his problems with you
shooting...so why not have a glass of lemonade on the front lawn and
see what his problems are? Maybe he has a kid who naps at a certain
time? Favorite TV show?

Or is he simply an asshole? You as of yet have not determined that
yet. So get your ducks in a row before it turns into a shooting war.

Gunner

--

His wife came by to talk to me and my wife, she doesn't understand why I
need to shoot and says my 4.5 acres isn't large enough for me to shoot on.

Is it illegal for me to point my gun at him if I suspect he might try to
shoot at me? I mean if he's irrational and acting like he might shoot at
me, I would like to have my sight on him. What he's doing to me isn't that
inconvenient, I get up at 5AM 5 to 6 days a week and keeping the same
sleeping habits 7 days a week isn't that big of a problem. I'd almost like
to shoot Saturday evening just to cost him several rounds Sunday AM. I'm
thinking about putting 4lbs of shockwave (like Tannerite but half price), at
my backstop, if he shows up Sunday AM I can shoot the ShockWave with my
22-250 and have the SKS & 9mm ready incase he starts shooting at me.

My wife thinks some of the other neighbors are acting mad at us, they quit
waving, this just happened since he was over here shooting at 6AM Sunday
morning. I think I should post a large sign in my yard "The shooting at 6AM
Sunday morning was not me, it was my inconsiderate neighbor!". I wouldn't
shoot at 6AM unless it was a shot or two while hunting, not 30 or so rounds
like the asshole did.

I am a bit tired of them moving in the neighborhood and then acting like
their wish is my command.

But anyway, a sound attenuating enclosure might be a pretty good solution if
it deadens sound to their satisfaction. Sort of a silencer you shoot from
instead of a silencer that goes on the barrel!

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

"RogerN" wrote in message ...

[...]

If he's trespassing and shooting on your property, get it on video
and call a TV station.

Or dig a moat, and fill it with gators. ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Stormin Mormon wrote:

snip So I'm thinking of shooting large generic Tannerite targets. The
only thing
is I don't want to disturb the other neighbors. Why do neighbors think
they
can boss people beyond the law?

If he's trespassing and shooting on your property, get it on video
and call a TV station.

Or dig a moat, and fill it with gators. ;-)

So as the gator's about to kill him, I'll point my gun at the gator and say
"Oops, I almost forgot, you don't want me shooting" and let the gator enjoy!

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

snip So I'm thinking of shooting large generic Tannerite targets. The
only thing
is I don't want to disturb the other neighbors. Why do neighbors think
they
can boss people beyond the law?

If he's trespassing and shooting on your property, get it on video
and call a TV station.

Or dig a moat, and fill it with gators. ;-)

So as the gator's about to kill him, I'll point my gun at the gator and say
"Oops, I almost forgot, you don't want me shooting" and let the gator enjoy!

If they have any brains, they won't go near the moat. If they
aren't, it's no big loss. ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:19:07 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

[...]

Yeoww! My son and I were checking zero at an indoor range last week.
My favorite range isn't open that day, and we were close to this one.
His SCAR 17S was noisy as hell, as was my 450 Marlin. Plugs and
muffs, man. I prefer shooting outside. The berm is a good idea. But
if those assholes are coming on your property and shooting, time for
9-1-1.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 11 Jun 2013
23:17:49 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

snip So I'm thinking of shooting large generic Tannerite targets. The
only thing
is I don't want to disturb the other neighbors. Why do neighbors think
they
can boss people beyond the law?

If he's trespassing and shooting on your property, get it on video
and call a TV station.

Or dig a moat, and fill it with gators. ;-)

So as the gator's about to kill him, I'll point my gun at the gator and say
"Oops, I almost forgot, you don't want me shooting" and let the gator enjoy!

If they have any brains, they won't go near the moat. If they
aren't, it's no big loss. ;-)

Yeah.

Unfortunately, any lawyer would consider that moat like a swimming
pool an attractive nuisance, and file suit.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" on Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:19:07 -0500 typed

[...]

The problem is that they seem be out to cause trouble, not
realizing that they are. Which in turns mean, they are not going to
get "the lesson." They are going to have to be talked with. Not to,
but with.

But anyway, a sound attenuating enclosure might be a pretty good solution if
it deadens sound to their satisfaction. Sort of a silencer you shoot from
instead of a silencer that goes on the barrel!

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?
?RogerN wrote:
??
?? Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ?
?? ? If he's trespassing and shooting on your property, get it
?? ? on video and call a TV station.
?? ?
?? ? Or dig a moat, and fill it with gators. ;-)
??
?? So as the gator's about to kill him, I'll point my gun at the
?? gator and say "Oops, I almost forgot, you don't want me shooting"
?? and let the gator enjoy!
?
? If they have any brains, they won't go near the moat. If they
?aren't, it's no big loss. ;-)

Yeah.

Unfortunately, any lawyer would consider that moat like a
swimming pool an attractive nuisance, and file suit.

Invite him for a swim. Self respecting gators won't touch any
lawyer, and it's well known that a lawyers will swim in cesspool if they
thinks there's a dollar floating in there, somewhere. ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

That would work. Expensive..but having a shooting house can be a very
good thing. A lot of the old time gun makers/writers had a bench with
a flip up window so they could shoot winter or summer. But the dirt
is likely to be cheaper to do.

Obviously you and they have not talked about his problems with you
shooting...so why not have a glass of lemonade on the front lawn and
see what his problems are? Maybe he has a kid who naps at a certain
time? Favorite TV show?

Or is he simply an asshole? You as of yet have not determined that
yet. So get your ducks in a row before it turns into a shooting war.

Gunner

As for the next conversation with the neighbor...placing a tape
recorder on the table between you as you discuss the issue might
either shut them up, or force her into honesty (if thats possible with
those people) or give you some backup. And if she bitches about
it..tell her she is welcome to bring her own.

And be civil and watch your mouth.

Sometimes the heat of the moment can catch fire. So never...ever be
anything other than calm in such situations.

And if he points a weapon at you...the issue has gone so far down hill
that the cops must be called. And frankly...if he points a weapon at
you...duck, cover and call the cops. In your situation..responding
with a weapon will be viewed as a "Bad Thing" by the rest of your
neighbors...whom they evidently communicate with, given the silent
treatment you are getting. Or we arent hearing all of the story.

Btw...video cameras are great data storage devices if handled by a
spouse or family member from a concealed viewpoint.

Gunner

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
Raid® to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:19:07 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

snip
This could also double as a ground hunting blind
that I can move during season. The tunnel I would shoot through could
have
chambers to help deaden the sound, and the opening could extend to block
the
sound more on the neighbors side.

That would work. Expensive..but having a shooting house can be a very
good thing. A lot of the old time gun makers/writers had a bench with
a flip up window so they could shoot winter or summer. But the dirt
is likely to be cheaper to do.

On the other hand, I have heard that I can load 300AAC Blackout with 220
grain bullets and go subsonic. I'm guessing that would quite it down some.
My shooting area varies, to get any distance I have to go to the front yard,
and that's not the best place for a huge wall of dirt. I wonder if it would
work to make a sort of silencer but it would be a tube of sound deadening
materials, a sort of muffler you shoot through instead of threading on the
barrel.

I moved out of city limits to not have to live by city limits laws. If my
neighbors don't want to live around people that shoot, they should move into
the city limits where people aren't allowed to shoot. The neighbors have
horses and farm, people could complain about their horses if they were
downwind, and the farming can be dusty if they are working the fields when
it's dry. I don't know that they are in any great standing with other
neighbors but them shooting next to my house at 6:AM probably makes the
neighbors think it's me doing the shooting. I'm probably being blamed for
what they did. Altogether I have probably only shot some 300 rounds this
year, around 200 through the AR's and 100 or so combined shotgun, pistol,
other rifles. I think I could shoot that much in one day at a range.

I just set up my wireless IP camera to connect to my router and It will be
setup to record when motion is detected. Anyway, I'm gathering evidence for
the sheriff's department if it goes that far. I intend to try to reduce the
sound from my shooting but I don't plan to give up my right to shoot because
they don't like it.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 18:44:02 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:19:07 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

snip
[...]

Fair enough.

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:19:07 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

snip
[...]

One of my uncles told me a story about a homemade silencer. He taped
an oatmeal box filled with shredded newspaper to the end of his .30-06
to deer hunt. How he saw anything over the box beats me. Anyway, he
shot the thing. He said the noise was like an atomic bomb and he
couldn't see anything through the cloud of confetti. He's lucky he
didn't burn down the woods.

That uncle died a month or two ago, aged 90.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

One friend of mine fired an uncleaned rifle, fresh
out of storage. The cosmoline made a cloud that
didn't clear for quite a while.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Pete Keillor" wrote in message ...

One of my uncles told me a story about a homemade silencer. He taped
an oatmeal box filled with shredded newspaper to the end of his .30-06
to deer hunt. How he saw anything over the box beats me. Anyway, he
shot the thing. He said the noise was like an atomic bomb and he
couldn't see anything through the cloud of confetti. He's lucky he
didn't burn down the woods.

That uncle died a month or two ago, aged 90.

Pete Keillor

Shooting, quick kill, point shooting RogerN Metalworking 21 April 27th 17 09:37 PM
Rights of Neighbors Harry K Home Repair 2 May 30th 08 11:49 PM
Neighbors Shed Corinne Home Repair 68 June 19th 06 05:32 PM
Odd Neighbors JoeSpareBedroom Home Repair 8 May 30th 06 10:34 PM
What to do about bad neighbors mediate Home Ownership 0 January 27th 05 11:13 PM