Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT, Shooting and the neighbors.

"George Plimpton" wrote in message
.. .
"RogerN" wrote in message

I live out in the country, my neighbor, that moved in after I had
already
been here for a few years, complained, so I quit shooting in my field
close to his house, where I had a 100 yard range setup with a nice dirt
wall. I moved my shooting to a small area on the opposite side of my
house, I'd estimate around 300 or more yards from where he built his
house. Anyway, we have moved our shooting area as far away from his
house
as we can and aren't breaking any laws. If some kind of noise reduction
device was legal I'd buy or make one to please him.

So anyway, this morning he gets right outside our house, probably within
30 feet or so, and starts firing some estimated 30 or so rounds to
punish
us for shooting. He was just firing into the ground to wake us up and
punish us, lol. According to the county Sheriff's department, if he
continues doing this because we are shooting on our property, they can
get
him on doing this to be a nuisance.

So today, about an hour ago, I took some guns to my field closer to
their
property and shot 10 shots into the ground. The ******* isn't going to
appreciate that I moved my shooting as far away from him as I can, then
come get in his field right behind my house and start shooting at 6:00
AM
just to wake me up, then I'll shoot anywhere I want on my property. If
there's shooting near my house in the morning, there's going to be
Tannerite explosions close to his property.

By the way, isn't there any kind of laws restricting him from shooting
so
close to an inhabited building?

I would have blown your ass away -- or worse -- a long time ago.

No, you wouldn't have, little squirt.

You're proly right.

"Proly" - chortle

Why don't you just walk around in a sandwich board that proclaims "I am
an inconsequential little goddamned flea"?