Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom

Default Odd Neighbors

The house next to mine is empty. The owner died, and the son's supposedly
been fixing it up for almost 2 years, getting it ready to sell. When I first
moved in, he introduced himself along with a good looking lady he called
"his friend", who's there all the time with him, fixing up the house. A
month later, he introduced his wife. Smart guy. You think he would've done a
bit of prep work with me before introducing the wife. Reminds me of someone
I knew years ago who was having an affair. He'd take his goomar out to all
sorts of nice restaurants & hotels. He "forgot" that his wife was in charge
of paying all the bills, and that all the dinners & hotels were on his
American Express card. Duh. :-)

Lately, the neighbor's got a new hobby. He stops by 3 times a week to mow
the lawn. Half the property is in deep shade, in a spot that most
experienced homeowners would recognize as one which needed to have two
thirds of the trees taken down. A dozen pine trees growing 8 feet apart,
like in an unmanaged forest. There are 3 blades of grass in a 75 x 100 foot
area, along with lots of smallish rocks & tree roots that stick up from the
hard-as-cement soil. He's got the deck of the riding mower set so low that
it seems to be actual contact with the ground. It raises so much dust that
the guy and his mower are completely invisible at times. The sound of rocks
crashing around inside the deck offer a clue as to his location. On the
other side of the property, the grass is shorter than cheap outdoor carpet,
and turning brown. He told me last week that the problem might be lack of
nitrogen. He's out there with a spreader right now. :-)

Free entertainment. I love it. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

In article , JoeSpareBedroom says...

The house next to mine is empty. The owner died, and the son's supposedly
been fixing it up for almost 2 years, getting it ready to sell. When I first
moved in, he introduced himself along with a good looking lady he called
"his friend", who's there all the time with him, fixing up the house. A
month later, he introduced his wife. Smart guy. You think he would've done a
bit of prep work with me before introducing the wife. Reminds me of someone
I knew years ago who was having an affair. He'd take his goomar out to all
sorts of nice restaurants & hotels. He "forgot" that his wife was in charge
of paying all the bills, and that all the dinners & hotels were on his
American Express card. Duh. :-)

Or the first lady could simply have indeed been just a friend. (oh but that
wouldn't be quite so interesting a possibility to you...)

[...]

You need to get out more.

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom

"Banty" wrote in message
[...]

I work from home. Sometimes, it's weird.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimi

You need to get out more.

Banty

I work from home. Sometimes, it's weird.

Then YOU need a hobby!.... I had neighbours like you once ....didn't
have a life of their own, so has to look over the fence to pick apart
others... Take up needlepoint and close the drapes.... Jimi

Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom

"Jimi" wrote in message

You need to get out more.

Banty

I work from home. Sometimes, it's weird.

Then YOU need a hobby!.... I had neighbours like you once ....didn't
have a life of their own, so has to look over the fence to pick apart
others... Take up needlepoint and close the drapes.... Jimi

Stop, will ya? If you're in front of a computer all day, you're supposed to
get up regularly. What better place to go than outside for fresh air and a
peek at the garden?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

"Jimi" wrote in message

You need to get out more.

Banty

I work from home. Sometimes, it's weird.

Then YOU need a hobby!.... I had neighbours like you once ....didn't
have a life of their own, so has to look over the fence to pick apart
others... Take up needlepoint and close the drapes.... Jimi

Stop, will ya? If you're in front of a computer all day, you're supposed to
get up regularly. What better place to go than outside for fresh air and a
peek at the garden?

Then snoop and post to Usenet all about it? Gimme a break. Guy's trying to
keep up a house that's not even his, in his 'spare' time, struggling a bit with
some of the oddities of the property, and you're next door watching in
fascination, speculatin' on his love life, and spewing about it?

Get a more interesting work-at-home job.

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman

JoeSpareBedroom, 5/30/2006, 11:49:37 AM,
wrote:

[...]

Sounds like you are into soap operas.
Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom

wrote:

[...]

When has a soap opera involved exotic lawn mowing techniques?

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT

My neighbor used to prep his garden with a cat bulldozer on a 3/4 acre lot.
He also doesn't mow his lawn, he harvests it. He lets it grow long. Then he
cuts it short in a small patch each day, he gathers up the cut grass and
feeds it to his chickens and ducks.

Odd neighbors are everywhere!

Trees and Neighbors RichK Home Repair 7 April 29th 06 03:54 AM
When Neighbors Aren't Nice Ablang Home Ownership 1 May 21st 05 04:40 AM
Neighbor's Wood-Burning [email protected] Home Repair 24 December 23rd 04 12:44 AM
Neighbor's Wood-Burning [email protected] Woodworking 34 December 17th 04 04:56 PM
On the topic of neighbors Christopher Home Repair 14 April 4th 04 03:40 AM