Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT, Shooting and the neighbors.

"RogerN" on Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:19:07 -0500 typed

His wife came by to talk to me and my wife, she doesn't understand why I
need to shoot and says my 4.5 acres isn't large enough for me to shoot on.
They have horses and I have absolutely nothing against the horses, but I
don't see that they "need" horses, they should live in the city limits where
people aren't allowed to shoot. Anyway she told me that if I shoot they are
going to be right at my backdoor on their land shooting to be a nuisance.
I'm guessing his wife is a Liberal because she told more lies in the few
minutes she was here than I thought a person could. About the only thing
she said that was true it that ammo is expensive, (but reloads aren't all
that bad).

Is it illegal for me to point my gun at him if I suspect he might try to
shoot at me? I mean if he's irrational and acting like he might shoot at
me, I would like to have my sight on him. What he's doing to me isn't that
inconvenient, I get up at 5AM 5 to 6 days a week and keeping the same
sleeping habits 7 days a week isn't that big of a problem. I'd almost like
to shoot Saturday evening just to cost him several rounds Sunday AM. I'm
thinking about putting 4lbs of shockwave (like Tannerite but half price), at
my backstop, if he shows up Sunday AM I can shoot the ShockWave with my
22-250 and have the SKS & 9mm ready incase he starts shooting at me.

My wife thinks some of the other neighbors are acting mad at us, they quit
waving, this just happened since he was over here shooting at 6AM Sunday
morning. I think I should post a large sign in my yard "The shooting at 6AM
Sunday morning was not me, it was my inconsiderate neighbor!". I wouldn't
shoot at 6AM unless it was a shot or two while hunting, not 30 or so rounds
like the asshole did.

I am a bit tired of them moving in the neighborhood and then acting like
their wish is my command.

The problem is that they seem be out to cause trouble, not
realizing that they are. Which in turns mean, they are not going to
get "the lesson." They are going to have to be talked with. Not to,
but with.

But anyway, a sound attenuating enclosure might be a pretty good solution if
it deadens sound to their satisfaction. Sort of a silencer you shoot from
instead of a silencer that goes on the barrel!

--
pyotr filipivich