Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT, Shooting and the neighbors.

Yes Roger there is a law - so many feet from house or highway.

My property is split part in town and part in County. My Town
neighbors seem to shoot guns all of the time. In town!

I've killed a Cotton Mouth - a big one inside our bird house.

Advise NOT to push him - makes his case with the law.

Let him get into trouble - tress pass and such.

Stay clean - you are clean.

On 6/9/2013 6:39 PM, RogerN wrote:
I live out in the country, my neighbor, that moved in after I had already
been here for a few years, complained, so I quit shooting in my field close
to his house, where I had a 100 yard range setup with a nice dirt wall. I
moved my shooting to a small area on the opposite side of my house, I'd
estimate around 300 or more yards from where he built his house. Anyway, we
have moved our shooting area as far away from his house as we can and aren't
breaking any laws. If some kind of noise reduction device was legal I'd buy
or make one to please him.

So anyway, this morning he gets right outside our house, probably within 30
feet or so, and starts firing some estimated 30 or so rounds to punish us
for shooting. He was just firing into the ground to wake us up and punish
us, lol. According to the county Sheriff's department, if he continues
doing this because we are shooting on our property, they can get him on
doing this to be a nuisance.

So today, about an hour ago, I took some guns to my field closer to their
property and shot 10 shots into the ground. The ******* isn't going to
appreciate that I moved my shooting as far away from him as I can, then come
get in his field right behind my house and start shooting at 6:00 AM just to
wake me up, then I'll shoot anywhere I want on my property. If there's
shooting near my house in the morning, there's going to be Tannerite
explosions close to his property.

By the way, isn't there any kind of laws restricting him from shooting so
close to an inhabited building?

RogerN