Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Background checks for gun purchases

DISTRO PRUNED

Delvin Benet wrote:
On the surface, this seems like it could be a reasonable proposition,
but it's worth noting that Adam Lanza didn't buy the guns he used to
commit his massacre, and Nancy Lanza almost certainly would have
"passed" a background check. In other words, if this proposal had
been in effect prior to the Newtown massacre, it would have had no
effect in preventing the massacre.

This is the classic illogic of hysterical leftists: use an event to
try to enact a fix that would not have prevented the event.

Hmm , the guys that do the crimes are already breaking laws ... what makes
anybody think that they'll obey any new ones ? This is the major flaw in any
gun ban/register/grab scenario , IMO . More laws won't make any difference
in the people that shouldn't have guns , they're aleady breaking the law !
The only ones that'll be punished are those who already at least attempt
to live within the law . And if they go ahead and pass the legislation ,
they'll only end up creating a new , very large and well-armed class of
criminal . Something like 20 million guns sold in the last 3 weeks , IIRC .
And boo-koo phonetic phrench ammo to go with them ...
Almost makes me wish I still had more than the shotgun and Dad's Arisaka

BTW Gunner I know you'll see this I've decided to wait and see if I can
find some brass locally . Not that your price was unreasonable , all things
considered , but it's just not worth the cost to me at this time of limited
monetary resources .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message ...
DISTRO PRUNED

Delvin Benet wrote:
On the surface, this seems like it could be a reasonable proposition,
but it's worth noting that Adam Lanza didn't buy the guns he used to
commit his massacre, and Nancy Lanza almost certainly would have
"passed" a background check. In other words, if this proposal had
been in effect prior to the Newtown massacre, it would have had no
effect in preventing the massacre.

This is the classic illogic of hysterical leftists: use an event to
try to enact a fix that would not have prevented the event.

Hmm , the guys that do the crimes are already breaking laws ... what makes
anybody think that they'll obey any new ones ? This is the major flaw in any
gun ban/register/grab scenario , IMO . More laws won't make any difference
in the people that shouldn't have guns , they're aleady breaking the law !

Bull****.

About 1/2 of all murders are committed by someone with no previous convictions.

In other words, it was perfectly legal for them to own a gun....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message ...

"crime of passoin/hate/lost girlfriend"

Here is some justifiable homicide data for the year 2005, there is probably more up to date info but I doubt there has been a tremendous change since that time.

I'm making the assumtion that the overwhelming majority of these homicides are were by firearms although probably at least a few of them were by other means.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/homicide/justify.cfm

Total including police action for that year appears to be about 550 and is it about 200 when you include only citizens.

Total gun deaths for that year were about 31,000 of which around 1/2 were suicides which leaves us with a total of about 15,000

In other words, out of the approximately 14,650 citizens that were killed with a gun by another citizen, only 200 of them were justifiable.

In that same year, there were 789 unintentional firearms deaths in the US:

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states

So, if we round this number upwards to 200, it becomes clearly evident that on average, your garden variety, law-abiding gun owner is statistically about 4 times more likely to cause an accidental death than he is to shoot some a bad guy in a case of justifiable homicide.

Below is a paper covering domestic violence statistics for the year 2002:

bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/fvs02.pdf

It can be seen that about 22% of murders in that year were acts of domestic violence and that firearms were used in around 1/2 or 11% of of them and so it should become fairly evident that your odds shooting someone in an act of justifiable homicide as opposed to being shot by or shooting a family member or there occurring a suicide in the family are pretty darned slim considering that if memory serves me, justifiable homicides including police action only constitute around 2% of total gun deaths.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/10/2013 4:08 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

wrote in message ...
DISTRO PRUNED

Delvin Benet wrote:
[...]

Now, wait just a darn minute!!!
If the penalty for murder is a long time in prison or worse...
Where do all the convicted second offenders come from???

Donchajustlovestatistics?

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/fssc06st.pdf
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=3
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=43

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/10/2013 4:46 PM, whoyakidding's ghost wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:01:28 -0600,
wrote:

DISTRO PRUNED

Delvin Benet wrote:
On the surface, this seems like it could be a reasonable proposition,
but it's worth noting that Adam Lanza didn't buy the guns he used to
commit his massacre, and Nancy Lanza almost certainly would have
"passed" a background check. In other words, if this proposal had
been in effect prior to the Newtown massacre, it would have had no
effect in preventing the massacre.

This is the classic illogic of hysterical leftists: use an event to
try to enact a fix that would not have prevented the event.

Hmm , the guys that do the crimes are already breaking laws ... what makes
anybody think that they'll obey any new ones ?

Listen up ****wit. Apply your reasoning to stop signs. Guy flies
through a stop sign and kills someone, so you sit there like a six
year old and "reason" that A. stop sign laws are useless. B. No new
stop signs should be put up owing to the fact (in your simple mind)
that stop signs don't always work.

Snag
Learning keeps
you young !

When do you plan to start?

Good to see that you get the name-calling out of the way before you
launch into nonsense.

You're confusing weapon and offense.

To bend your statements more toward reality, your suggestion is more
like shutting down the DMV and making it illegal to own a car
because someone might run a stop sign.

And I think you're on to something. If your interest is in reducing
deaths, banning cars would be far more productive than anything
you could do about guns...for the children.
And a LOT easier to enforce.

Cut up your driver's license...DO IT NOW!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 01/10/2013 06:06 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message

[...]

Nice effort, but you're lecturing to primitive idiots! Conservatives are
simply NOT equipped to absorb information like that.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-human-beast/201104/conservatives-big-fear-brain-study-finds

"Peering inside the brain with MRI scans, researchers at University
College London found that self-described conservative students had a
larger amygdala than liberals. The amygdala is an almond-shaped
structure deep in the brain that is active during states of fear and
anxiety. Liberals had more gray matter at least in the anterior
cingulate cortex, a region of the brain that helps people cope with
complexity."

"The liberal party is generally more intellectual and the conservative
party is more anti-intellectual."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Beeper" wrote in message ...

On 01/10/2013 06:06 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

snip
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-human-beast/201104/conservatives-big-fear-brain-study-finds

"Peering inside the brain with MRI scans, researchers at University College
London found that self-described conservative students had a larger
amygdala than liberals. The amygdala is an almond-shaped structure deep in
the brain that is active during states of fear and anxiety. Liberals had
more gray matter at least in the anterior cingulate cortex, a region of the
brain that helps people cope with complexity."

"The liberal party is generally more intellectual and the conservative
party is more anti-intellectual."

You think having more gray matter in your brain, instead of something
active, that makes you smarter?

If you have **** for brains and think that makes you smarter, you might be a
liberal!

:-)

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:57:35 -0800, mike wrote:

(after whoyakidding's ghost spammed something)

Good to see that you get the name-calling out of the way before you
launch into nonsense.

You're confusing weapon and offense.

To bend your statements more toward reality, your suggestion is more
like shutting down the DMV and making it illegal to own a car
because someone might run a stop sign.

And I think you're on to something. If your interest is in reducing
deaths, banning cars would be far more productive than anything
you could do about guns...for the children.
And a LOT easier to enforce.

Cut up your driver's license...DO IT NOW!!!

I just did half an hour's research on your links in the last post and
some I had found earlier. Here's a quick compilation of interest:

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub...shbopc0510.pdf

172k guns stolen each year.
out of
2,400,000 burglaries each year.

--

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/12/...-counties.html
ATF says about 23% of stolen guns are recovered each year.

--

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...hip-world-list

Gun homicides each year USA: 9,176
Homicides caused by firearm: 60% (5,505.6)
Total number firearms in USA: 270,000,000

Results: Forty percent of murderers didn't use a gun, so gun bans
won't affect them. I doubt the illegal arms on the streets are
included in that 270M figure, but combine whatever number those are
with the 270M and the 5,505.6 homicides caused by that many guns is a
staggeringly low percentage. Subtract the gang killings from there
(my SWAG is 80%) and it's a pittance. More people die from slipping
and falling down (or car accidents) by far, than from guns.

--

http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/pd...ths_2010-a.pdf
Falls kill 26,006 people each year.

--

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ocon/guns.html
ATF officials say that only about 8% of the nation's 124,000 retail

--

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/1...-buy-guns.html
58% of guns used in crimes in IL were bought there.

More research is in order.

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:01:28 -0600, "Snag"
wrote:

DISTRO PRUNED

Delvin Benet wrote:
[...]

Of course! Not a problem. I did give you the best price, but if you
can find some locally..by all means grab it!!

And you can..can convert 3006 cases, just be darned sure to keep your
pressures way down..cast bullets are probably best when using such
conversions.

There is quite a bit on the net about doing it

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...of-30-06-cases

HOLD IT!! HOLD IT!!

...found this via a comment on the threads

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/12653

Prvi brass is pretty good stuff!!

Ive got NOS Norma..but this is a VERY good deal!

Gunner

--
Snag
Learning keeps

1. Lie

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 01/10/2013 08:44 PM, RogerN wrote:
"Beeper" wrote in message ...
On 01/10/2013 06:06 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

snip
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-human-beast/201104/conservatives-big-fear-brain-study-finds

"Peering inside the brain with MRI scans, researchers at University College
London found that self-described conservative students had a larger
amygdala than liberals. The amygdala is an almond-shaped structure deep in
the brain that is active during states of fear and anxiety. Liberals had
more gray matter at least in the anterior cingulate cortex, a region of the
brain that helps people cope with complexity."

"The liberal party is generally more intellectual and the conservative
party is more anti-intellectual."

You think having more gray matter in your brain, instead of something
active, that makes you smarter?

Your phony misunderstanding isn't going to change what the article says.

.... conservative students had a larger amygdala... an almond-shaped
structure deep in the brain that is active during states of fear and
anxiety.

The conservative party is big on national defense and magnifies our
perception of threat, whether of foreign aggressors, immigrants,
terrorists, or invading ideologies like Communism. To a conservative,
the world really is a frightening place.

Liberals had more gray matter at least in the anterior cingulate cortex,
a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity.

The liberal party is generally more intellectual and the conservative
party is more anti-intellectual.

If you have **** for brains and think that makes you smarter, you might be a
liberal!

:-)

Weak response, capped off with a phony smiley that you hope undoes the
study and puts you on top.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...
"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
So, if we round this number upwards to 200, it becomes clearly
evident that on average, your garden variety, law-abiding gun
owner is statistically about 4 times more likely to cause an
accidental
death than he is to shoot some a bad guy in a case of justifiable
homicide.

That's like arguing that we don't need a Navy because their accidental
death rate is greater than the number of enemies they kill.

I'm just stating facts, you're the one trying to argue....

It
deceptively disregards their enormous but unquantifiable deterrent
value, the main reason for having the Navy in the first place.

Additionally, you're probably starting your arguement out with a false premise; doubtful the Navy has an accidental kill rate anywhere close to it's intentional.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_premise

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/11/2013 9:47 AM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...
"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
So, if we round this number upwards to 200, it becomes clearly
evident that on average, your garden variety, law-abiding gun
owner is statistically about 4 times more likely to cause an
accidental
death than he is to shoot some a bad guy in a case of justifiable
homicide.

That's like arguing that we don't need a Navy because their accidental
death rate is greater than the number of enemies they kill.

I'm just stating facts, you're the one trying to argue....

You misrepresented facts.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

That's like arguing that we don't need a Navy because their accidental
death rate is greater than the number of enemies they kill. It deceptively
disregards their enormous but unquantifiable deterrent value, the main
reason for having the Navy in the first place.

What the left DOESN'T mention is that all suicides with a gun are counted as
homicides. They always want their numbers to look puffy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:21:03 -0500, "Tom Gardner" mars@tacks wrote:

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

That's like arguing that we don't need a Navy because their accidental
death rate is greater than the number of enemies they kill. It deceptively
disregards their enormous but unquantifiable deterrent value, the main
reason for having the Navy in the first place.

What the left DOESN'T mention is that all suicides with a gun are counted as
homicides. They always want their numbers to look puffy.

Indeed. And suicides are generally the largest part as well.

Now..suicide can be said to being a black drug dealer taking on
another black drug dealer with a bigger gang.

Shrug

Gunner

1. Lie

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/11/2013 3:50 PM, Gunner wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:21:03 -0500, "Tom Gardner" mars@tacks wrote:

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

That's like arguing that we don't need a Navy because their accidental
death rate is greater than the number of enemies they kill. It deceptively
disregards their enormous but unquantifiable deterrent value, the main
reason for having the Navy in the first place.

What the left DOESN'T mention is that all suicides with a gun are counted as
homicides. They always want their numbers to look puffy.

Indeed. And suicides are generally the largest part as well.

Now..suicide can be said to being a black drug dealer taking on
another black drug dealer with a bigger gang.

Shrug

Gunner

Just send truckloads of loaded AK's to Chicago and spread them on the
streets like salt. Within a week there would be no more gun violence!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/11/2013 1:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Gun homicides each year USA: 9,176
Homicides caused by firearm: 60% (5,505.6)
Total number firearms in USA: 270,000,000

Results: Forty percent of murderers didn't use a gun, so gun bans
won't affect them. I doubt the illegal arms on the streets are
included in that 270M figure, but combine whatever number those are
with the 270M and the 5,505.6 homicides caused by that many guns is a
staggeringly low percentage. Subtract the gang killings from there
(my SWAG is 80%) and it's a pittance. More people die from slipping
and falling down (or car accidents) by far, than from guns.

ALL suicides by guns are counted as homicides...a good left-wing trick!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Reckon we can argue that we need to have background checks for voters?

It would be one way of defeating the vote fraud industry.

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:51:16 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Reckon we can argue that we need to have background checks for voters?

Go for it. It wouldn't be any stupider than most of everything else
you write.

It would be one way of defeating the vote fraud industry.

See what I just said? You dumb ****s who argue against background
checks for gun ownership are GREAT at making your opponents' case...
and you haven't a clue you're doing it!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Reckon we can argue that we need to have background checks for voters?

It would be one way of defeating the vote fraud industry.

pyotr
--

Which is as big as the auto industry! ...oh wait, they are the same!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Reckon we can argue that we need to have background checks for voters?

It would be one way of defeating the vote fraud industry.

The Democrats would be ****ed, since that would rule out over half
their voting base. No illegals, dead people, or dupes allowed.

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!
--anon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Just send truckloads of loaded AK's to Chicago and spread them on the
streets like salt. Within a week there would be no more gun violence!

And then some Chicago surplus dealer would be dumping them on Ebay.
;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:39:17 -0500, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

[...]

I think you are wrong there.

It would take 3 weeks for the last street muchkin to be killed.

There are a LOT of them in that city.

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner on Fri, 11 Jan 2013 20:19:10 -0800 typed
[...]

But after a couple weeks, the ones left would be "smarter" - for
some values of "smart"

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

But after a couple weeks, the ones left would be "smarter" - for
some values of "smart"

STarting with the ones who learnt to clean & oil they new toys.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 10:44:02 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]

Actually..probably not. When they manage to kill off their
competition, that means the dope they were holding before death came
their way suddenly means a surplus for the survivors. Party time!

Then they get really stupid.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner on Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:42:29 -0800 typed

Just send truckloads of loaded AK's to Chicago and spread them on the
streets like salt. Within a week there would be no more gun violence!

I think you are wrong there.

It would take 3 weeks for the last street muchkin to be killed.

There are a LOT of them in that city.

But after a couple weeks, the ones left would be "smarter" - for
some values of "smart"

Actually..probably not. When they manage to kill off their
competition, that means the dope they were holding before death came
their way suddenly means a surplus for the survivors. Party time!

Then they get really stupid.

Maybe, maybe no. Stupid people can be so ingenious. But some of
those folks, they are smart, and it is a business. Freakonomics had a
section on the finances of the Recreational Pharmaceutical
Distribution Industry. The researcher had been given The Books by a
major player when the cops closed in. Basically, at the street level,
well it paid better than McDonalds, but largely because taxes weren't
taken out. And drug wars - bad for business, plus the added expenses.
So, I suspect that there will be a number who will survive - if
only because they are not completely stupid.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 23:36:03 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]

In which case they become the City Council and local Law Enforcement.

Much like midi evil Europe in fact.

Gunner

--
pyotr filipivich

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner on Sun, 13 Jan 2013 00:57:48 -0800 typed
wrote:

[...]

Well, they can't do a worse job than the current bunch, nicht
wahr?

In the words of one Richard Pryor's Wino characters at a speeding
car: "Hey! slow your ass down. This ain't no 'residential district',
this here be a neighborhood!"

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 15 Jan 2013
19:08:09 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well, they can't do a worse job than the current bunch, nicht
wahr?

In the words of one Richard Pryor's Wino characters at a speeding
car: "Hey! slow your ass down. This ain't no 'residential district',
this here be a neighborhood!"

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/9-investigates-financial-firepower-gun-advocates-f/nTxfg/

Waah - the poor anti-liberty people can't raise as much money as
the civil rights people. Waah!

"Delenda est Democratica Factio"

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well, they can't do a worse job than the current bunch, nicht
wahr?

In the words of one Richard Pryor's Wino characters at a speeding
car: "Hey! slow your ass down. This ain't no 'residential district',
this here be a neighborhood!"

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/9-investigates-financial-firepower-gun-advocates-f/nTxfg/

Waah - the poor anti-liberty people can't raise as much money as
the civil rights people. Waah!

"Delenda est Democratica Factio"

Yet the one year they used for an example showed the anti-gun crowd
spent more than the pro gun's annual average. I'm waiting to see if
anyone challenges those numbers on that website. It would be
interesting.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well, they can't do a worse job than the current bunch, nicht
wahr?

In the words of one Richard Pryor's Wino characters at a speeding
car: "Hey! slow your ass down. This ain't no 'residential district',
this here be a neighborhood!"

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/9-investigates-financial-firepower-gun-advocates-f/nTxfg/

Waah - the poor anti-liberty people can't raise as much money as
the civil rights people. Waah!

"Delenda est Democratica Factio"

When the ANTIs rail against the NRA, I keep wanting to ask them just
how many NRA members have been prosecuted for all those killings.
Hayseuss Crisco, the gun grabbers are _so_ stupid.

LJ--not a fan or member of the NRA, but I think they're helping.

--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well, they can't do a worse job than the current bunch, nicht
wahr?

In the words of one Richard Pryor's Wino characters at a speeding
car: "Hey! slow your ass down. This ain't no 'residential district',
this here be a neighborhood!"

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/9-investigates-financial-firepower-gun-advocates-f/nTxfg/

Waah - the poor anti-liberty people can't raise as much money as
the civil rights people. Waah!

"Delenda est Democratica Factio"

When the ANTIs rail against the NRA, I keep wanting to ask them just
how many NRA members have been prosecuted for all those killings.
Hayseuss Crisco, the gun grabbers are _so_ stupid.

LJ--not a fan or member of the NRA, but I think they're helping.

Three comments there now. The last one even left a phone number.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, January 11, 2013 5:42:19 AM UTC-5, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jan 10, 6:01*pm, "Snag" wrote:

* DISTRO PRUNED

Delvin Benet wrote:

[...]

*--

Snag

Learning keeps

you young !

Gunner is well known for trying to screw buyers.

Along with the media, people with post graduate education are biased to the left, too - as says this study:

"Academics, on average, lean to the left. A survey being released today suggests that they are moving even more in that direction."

Read mo http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2...#ixzz38ETB08Tt

========================

So the result is: the media is leftist and most educated people are leftists.
I'm wondering how cons can possibly complain about this.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:49:00 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Friday, January 11, 2013 5:42:19 AM UTC-5, Too_Many_Twinkies wrote:

--snip--

Along with the media, people with post graduate education are biased to the left, too - as says this study:

"Academics, on average, lean to the left. A survey being released today suggests that they are moving even more in that direction."

Read mo
http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2...#ixzz38ETB08Tt

Well, DUH! The leftier the teacher, the leftier the student.

So the result is: the media is leftist and most educated people are leftists.
I'm wondering how cons can possibly complain about this.

In a similar vein, we complain about farts stinking.
Nasty is nasty. Who canNOT complain about it?

--
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the
government fears the people, there is liberty."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

* BTW Gunner I know you'll see this I've decided to wait and see if I can

find some brass locally . Not that your price was unreasonable , all things

considered , but it's just not worth the cost to me at this time of limited

monetary resources .

What did I offer the brass to you for, Snag? $20 a box for factory
NOS unfired Norma Arisaka brass ( IRRC correctly)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/131...-77mm-japanese

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/131...panese-arisaka

Good luck finding Norma Jap brass for or less than $20 a box

http://www.custombrassandbullets.com/norma.html

You will notice its backordered and has been for over 2 yrs....

Now you can..can buy PRVI Partisan brass cheaper

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/12653

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/12642

You can always convert other brass to 6.5 Jap with some effort
7.7 Brass...not so easily. Least not for full pressure rounds

Thats up to you.

*--

Snag

Learning keeps

you young !

Gunner is well known for trying to screw buyers.

Of course I am. And of course you will present cites to that effect?
Trot em out. Double dog dare you.

Ill be waiting

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/22/2014 3:49 PM, wrote:

Along with the media, people with post graduate education are biased
to the left, too - as says this study:

"Academics, on average, lean to the left. A survey being released
today suggests that they are moving even more in that direction."

Read mo
http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2...#ixzz38ETB08Tt

So the result is: the media is leftist and most educated people are
leftists. I'm wondering how cons can possibly complain about this.

The quotation says "academics", not educated people. Many educated
people are not academics and actually live in the real world, not the
sheltered halls of academia.

The more they are sheltered from reality, the more they embrace the
Establishment Left. Nothing new here, there hasn't been a real Left in
the USA for 40 years.

David