Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mdelongnyc1117@gmail.com is offline

Default Background checks for gun purchases

On Friday, January 11, 2013 5:42:19 AM UTC-5, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jan 10, 6:01*pm, "Snag" wrote:

* DISTRO PRUNED

Delvin Benet wrote:

On the surface, this seems like it could be a reasonable proposition,

but it's worth noting that Adam Lanza didn't buy the guns he used to

commit his massacre, and Nancy Lanza almost certainly would have

"passed" a background check. *In other words, if this proposal had

been in effect prior to the Newtown massacre, it would have had no

effect in preventing the massacre.

This is the classic illogic of hysterical leftists: *use an event to

try to enact a fix that would not have prevented the event.

* Hmm , the guys that do the crimes are already breaking laws ... what makes

anybody think that they'll obey any new ones ? This is the major flaw in any

gun ban/register/grab scenario , IMO . More laws won't make any difference

in the people that shouldn't have guns , they're aleady breaking the law !

The only ones that'll be punished are those who already at least attempt

to live within the law . And if they go ahead and pass the legislation ,

they'll only end up creating a new , very large and well-armed class of

criminal . Something like 20 million guns sold in the last 3 weeks , IIRC .

And boo-koo phonetic phrench ammo to go with them ...

* Almost makes me wish I still had more than the shotgun and Dad's Arisaka

* BTW Gunner I know you'll see this I've decided to wait and see if I can

find some brass locally . Not that your price was unreasonable , all things

considered , but it's just not worth the cost to me at this time of limited

monetary resources .

*--

Snag

Learning keeps

you young !

Gunner is well known for trying to screw buyers.

Along with the media, people with post graduate education are biased to the left, too - as says this study:

"Academics, on average, lean to the left. A survey being released today suggests that they are moving even more in that direction."

Read mo http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2...#ixzz38ETB08Tt

So the result is: the media is leftist and most educated people are leftists.
I'm wondering how cons can possibly complain about this.