Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Background checks for gun purchases

DISTRO PRUNED

Delvin Benet wrote:
On the surface, this seems like it could be a reasonable proposition,
but it's worth noting that Adam Lanza didn't buy the guns he used to
commit his massacre, and Nancy Lanza almost certainly would have
"passed" a background check. In other words, if this proposal had
been in effect prior to the Newtown massacre, it would have had no
effect in preventing the massacre.

This is the classic illogic of hysterical leftists: use an event to
try to enact a fix that would not have prevented the event.

Hmm , the guys that do the crimes are already breaking laws ... what makes
anybody think that they'll obey any new ones ? This is the major flaw in any
gun ban/register/grab scenario , IMO . More laws won't make any difference
in the people that shouldn't have guns , they're aleady breaking the law !
The only ones that'll be punished are those who already at least attempt
to live within the law . And if they go ahead and pass the legislation ,
they'll only end up creating a new , very large and well-armed class of
criminal . Something like 20 million guns sold in the last 3 weeks , IIRC .
And boo-koo phonetic phrench ammo to go with them ...
Almost makes me wish I still had more than the shotgun and Dad's Arisaka

BTW Gunner I know you'll see this I've decided to wait and see if I can
find some brass locally . Not that your price was unreasonable , all things
considered , but it's just not worth the cost to me at this time of limited
monetary resources .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message ...
DISTRO PRUNED

Delvin Benet wrote:
On the surface, this seems like it could be a reasonable proposition,
but it's worth noting that Adam Lanza didn't buy the guns he used to
commit his massacre, and Nancy Lanza almost certainly would have
"passed" a background check. In other words, if this proposal had
been in effect prior to the Newtown massacre, it would have had no
effect in preventing the massacre.

This is the classic illogic of hysterical leftists: use an event to
try to enact a fix that would not have prevented the event.

Hmm , the guys that do the crimes are already breaking laws ... what makes
anybody think that they'll obey any new ones ? This is the major flaw in any
gun ban/register/grab scenario , IMO . More laws won't make any difference
in the people that shouldn't have guns , they're aleady breaking the law !

Bull****.

About 1/2 of all murders are committed by someone with no previous convictions.

In other words, it was perfectly legal for them to own a gun....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/10/2013 4:08 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

wrote in message ...
DISTRO PRUNED

Delvin Benet wrote:
[...]

Now, wait just a darn minute!!!
If the penalty for murder is a long time in prison or worse...
Where do all the convicted second offenders come from???

Donchajustlovestatistics?

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/fssc06st.pdf
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=3
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=43

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:01:28 -0600, "Snag"
wrote:

DISTRO PRUNED

Delvin Benet wrote:
[...]

Of course! Not a problem. I did give you the best price, but if you
can find some locally..by all means grab it!!

And you can..can convert 3006 cases, just be darned sure to keep your
pressures way down..cast bullets are probably best when using such
conversions.

There is quite a bit on the net about doing it

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...of-30-06-cases

HOLD IT!! HOLD IT!!

...found this via a comment on the threads

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/12653

Prvi brass is pretty good stuff!!

Ive got NOS Norma..but this is a VERY good deal!

Gunner

--
Snag
Learning keeps

1. Lie

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, January 11, 2013 5:42:19 AM UTC-5, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jan 10, 6:01*pm, "Snag" wrote:

* DISTRO PRUNED

Delvin Benet wrote:

[...]

*--

Snag

Learning keeps

you young !

Gunner is well known for trying to screw buyers.

Along with the media, people with post graduate education are biased to the left, too - as says this study:

"Academics, on average, lean to the left. A survey being released today suggests that they are moving even more in that direction."

Read mo http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2...#ixzz38ETB08Tt

========================

So the result is: the media is leftist and most educated people are leftists.
I'm wondering how cons can possibly complain about this.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:49:00 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Friday, January 11, 2013 5:42:19 AM UTC-5, Too_Many_Twinkies wrote:

--snip--

Along with the media, people with post graduate education are biased to the left, too - as says this study:

"Academics, on average, lean to the left. A survey being released today suggests that they are moving even more in that direction."

Read mo
http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2...#ixzz38ETB08Tt

Well, DUH! The leftier the teacher, the leftier the student.

So the result is: the media is leftist and most educated people are leftists.
I'm wondering how cons can possibly complain about this.

In a similar vein, we complain about farts stinking.
Nasty is nasty. Who canNOT complain about it?

--
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the
government fears the people, there is liberty."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

* BTW Gunner I know you'll see this I've decided to wait and see if I can

find some brass locally . Not that your price was unreasonable , all things

considered , but it's just not worth the cost to me at this time of limited

monetary resources .

What did I offer the brass to you for, Snag? $20 a box for factory
NOS unfired Norma Arisaka brass ( IRRC correctly)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/131...-77mm-japanese

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/131...panese-arisaka

Good luck finding Norma Jap brass for or less than $20 a box

http://www.custombrassandbullets.com/norma.html

You will notice its backordered and has been for over 2 yrs....

Now you can..can buy PRVI Partisan brass cheaper

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/12653

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/12642

You can always convert other brass to 6.5 Jap with some effort
7.7 Brass...not so easily. Least not for full pressure rounds

Thats up to you.

*--

Snag

Learning keeps

you young !

Gunner is well known for trying to screw buyers.

Of course I am. And of course you will present cites to that effect?
Trot em out. Double dog dare you.

Ill be waiting

Gunner

--
"Living in the United States now is like being a Tampon.
We're in a great place, just at a bad time."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/22/2014 3:49 PM, wrote:

Along with the media, people with post graduate education are biased
to the left, too - as says this study:

"Academics, on average, lean to the left. A survey being released
today suggests that they are moving even more in that direction."

Read mo
http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2...#ixzz38ETB08Tt

So the result is: the media is leftist and most educated people are
leftists. I'm wondering how cons can possibly complain about this.

The quotation says "academics", not educated people. Many educated
people are not academics and actually live in the real world, not the
sheltered halls of academia.

The more they are sheltered from reality, the more they embrace the
Establishment Left. Nothing new here, there hasn't been a real Left in
the USA for 40 years.

David