Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Delvin Benet Delvin Benet is offline

Default Background checks for gun purchases

On 1/11/2013 2:42 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 1/11/2013 1:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Gun homicides each year USA: 9,176
Homicides caused by firearm: 60% (5,505.6)
Total number firearms in USA: 270,000,000

Results: Forty percent of murderers didn't use a gun, so gun bans
won't affect them. I doubt the illegal arms on the streets are
included in that 270M figure, but combine whatever number those are
with the 270M and the 5,505.6 homicides caused by that many guns is a
staggeringly low percentage. Subtract the gang killings from there
(my SWAG is 80%) and it's a pittance. More people die from slipping
and falling down (or car accidents) by far, than from guns.

ALL suicides by guns are counted as homicides...

No, they are *NOT*.