Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wealthy couple chartered a plane to the Yukon, took vaccinesdoses meant for Indigenous elders, authorities said

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 3:51:41 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 27 Jan 2021 10:30:45 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 1/27/2021 9:56 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 27 Jan 2021 08:59:26 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 1/27/2021 8:30 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 26 Jan 2021 21:42:58 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 1/26/2021 7:40 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/26/2021 9:18 PM, micky wrote:
It may not be florida, and it might be only two people, but they got
their first shot. ;-)

They didn't do the required quarantine and they lied to get their shot.

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/202...horities-said/

Similar
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...aterina-baker/

Always has to be some abuse. two people have been arrested for stealing
vaccine too. A Texas doctor and a paramedic in FL.

I got a call at 5:30 PM today, asking if I could come in earlier than my
9PM appointment for my first shot. I had it in my arm by 6:15. My second
appointment is for Feb 23. All legally done without difficulty. How nice
it is to live in a well run Democratic state.

What state is that?

WA

Are you category 1B, over 75?

1b, over 65. That was the latest CDC recommendation.

Apparently it varies by state! but I don't know about the CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/me...ID-Dooling.pdf
1a LTCF residents, Health care personnel
1b Persons 75 years and older, Frontline Essential Workers
1c Persons 65-74 years, Persons 16-64 with high-risk medical
conditions, Other Essential Workers

The 1st categories on each line are Prevention of Morbidity & Mortality
The last category is there for Preservation of Societal Functioning

OTOH
https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavir...AP-Phase1B.pdf
Texas says Phase 1B Vaccine Priorities姫eople 65 years of age and
older姫eople 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical
condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from the
virus that causes COVID-19, such as but not limited to:匹ancer匹hronic
kidney disease匹OPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)菱eart
conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or
cardiomyopathies百olid organ transplantation桧besity and severe obesity
(body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)姫regnancy百ickle cell
disease謬ype 2 diabetes mellitus

But in Maryland 1b is 75 or older. 65+ is 1c

There are 54+ other "jurisdictions", not just states.

So is there a national standard or not?

There has never been a national standard, only recommended guidelines
from the CDC.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 8:40:36 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
On 1/27/2021 5:33 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:34:15 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/27/2021 8:15 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I got a call at 5:30 PM today, asking if I could come in earlier than my
9PM appointment for my first shot. I had it in my arm by 6:15. My second
appointment is for Feb 23. All legally done without difficulty. How nice
it is to live in a well run Democratic state.

You mean as opposed to a poorly run state, like NY? The roll out is a disaster
there, websites don't work, phones don't get answered despite remaining on
the line for four hours. And the over arching message is, "we don't have
enough vaccine"! Gee, really? It's been clear for months that supply won't
be up to demand for probably at least 6 months. Cuomo, de Blasio, geniuses
in charge. They spend more time arguing with each other than anything else.
Oh, Cuomo had time to write a book about how to manage Covid in the middle
of this. Maybe if last summer he had spent that time figuring out a uniform
approach, a website that works, etc they wouldn't be in chaos now.

Can't speak about NY but you have to look at the whole system. Here in
Florida people are complaining they had to hold on the phone or keep
dialing.

Think about it. One Florida county has over 200,000 eligible people.
Most are calling the minute it goes active. Even if half try, it is
100,000 people.

How big of a phone system do you have to build to handle 100,000 calls
in the first few hours? How many staff do you need to answer? From
interviews on the news it seems like most called immediately or in the
first couple of hours. If it was equally spread over 4 hours that is
25,000 calls per hour. At 2 minutes per call that is 50,000 minutes of
phone time per hour. So, you need about 800 operators to answer them.

My county has about half that but went to a different system where you
register and they call you when doses are available.

We can't all be first n line.

I am not even trying. The choke point is vaccine availability. They
can't make it fast enough There is plenty of infrastructure already in
place for distribution and injection, using pharmacies. When they get
the supply problems worked out I will go down to Publix and get my
shot while buying groceries ... just like the flu shot.

I am not getting in this Black Friday fiasco.
I wouldn't camp out in the rain for a chance to get a $99 PS/5 either.

Neighbors all around me are getting their vaccine. My wife's brothers,
all in CA are getting or just got theirs. Seems like plenty of people in
the 1b category are have little problem. It should be that way everywhere.

I know two people in their 80s in LA, they have been unsuccessful, despite
trying everywhere. It's a cluster f*** with a DEMOCRAT governor and mayor.
No central registration, every man for himself, go fend.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 11:22:17 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/27/2021 8:33 PM, wrote:
[...]

If they had plenty of supply no appointment would be needed, just line
up. Most of the locations can handle 1000 to 2000 a day.

Say what now? Even with unlimited supply, there is limited ability to give
the shot. Which is why Biden is now turning to FEMA, the military, looking for
retired docs, nurses, etc. All that should have been done by Trump last summer.
Instead he ignored Covid and was holding death rallies.

As you say, infrastructure is there and easily expanded

It's not and it's not so easily expanded. You and I can't give a vaccine.

but people are
complaining about the phone lines and web sites. The capacity is there
but not all for the first hour it is open for appointments.

Everyone should have not been directed to a one hour phone line bank.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 7:58:26 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 01:35:42 -0500, micky
wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 27 Jan 2021 23:22:10 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 1/27/2021 8:33 PM, wrote:
[...]

I think if that happened, there would be more people in line than there
are people to give shots.

Since they started opening this up to any pharmacy that can give
shots, shooters isn't the problem. There are 30 within 10 miles of me
according to YP.Com. That doesn't include the doctors, hospitals and
government operations.

Thirty that have the extra staff, the refrigeration, the needles, etc?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 2:46:19 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 28 Jan 2021 23:40:05 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 1/28/2021 7:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 1/28/2021 4:54 PM, wrote:

Florida does lead the nation in the number of 65 and over vaccinated
tho. (over half a million or a bit better than 10%)

When did they start with the over 65 crowd. It was only the beginning of
last week here.

It was from the start in FL. Once the front line was done our governor
said over 65.

That's why my brother in Florida, who is 80, can't get his shot yet,
even though he's more vulnerable than some 66-year old chippie.

It would have been better to start with 75 or 80 and over, or even 90
(though maybe there aren't enough of them to warrant a separate
section.) .

That would have required some intelligence. Unfortunately DeSantis and dopes
like Cuomo, deBlasio can't figure that out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 12:41:19 AM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 20:11:15 -0500, wrote:

Should we wait until we get a vaccine that prevents the Brazil
mutation?
The current one is predicted as being 50% effective, a coin toss.
The effectiveness on the C-19 is 95%. A slot machine.

How bad is your medical plan if you have to come here to ask for medical
advice? :-)

I don't think the root of his problems is his medical plan. Calling a 95%
effective vaccine a slot machine says it all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

As you say, infrastructure is there and easily expanded but people are
complaining about the phone lines and web sites. The capacity is there
but not all for the first hour it is open for appointments.

I agree the web sites and phone lines are jammed but that is what
happens when you have 10,000 hits in 10 seconds.
More fair would be a lottery where you register by zip code and they
draw your name out of a computerized hat but people would complain
about that too. In real life, that is what it is in the first place
when you have 40,000 shots per day and 5 million people trying to get
them.

Florida does lead the nation in the number of 65 and over vaccinated
tho. (over half a million or a bit better than 10%)

Florida does lead the nation in the number of 65 and over. The rest
naturally follows.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2021 7:43 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 12:41:19 AM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 20:11:15 -0500, wrote:

Should we wait until we get a vaccine that prevents the Brazil
mutation?
The current one is predicted as being 50% effective, a coin toss.
The effectiveness on the C-19 is 95%. A slot machine.

How bad is your medical plan if you have to come here to ask for medical
advice? :-)

I don't think the root of his problems is his medical plan. Calling a 95%
effective vaccine a slot machine says it all.

Even 50% is a huge step towards "herd immunity".
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 1/27/2021 8:33 PM, wrote:
[...]

Johnson & Johnson and Novavax just announced their vaccine results, so
there may be more available soon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 11:34:22 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

So they should have started taking reservations back in Sept. This week,
people with last names beginning with A-F are encouraged to register.
We all knew this was coming and it's not rocket science. The America
that put a man on the moon, that won WWII, that crushed the USSR,
has fallen badly and can't get up.

That last is bull****. It will get up fine, you watch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 2:43:36 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/27/2021 11:42 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 1/27/2021 8:34 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

What's wrong with using the internet? Is that just too much for a Repub
state to handle?

All my communication to arrange my shot yesterday was on the internet.
Sign into my UW medical system patient page. Click to make an
appointment. Click on the covid vaccine box. Look at the displayed
calendar of available places and click my choice. Look at the available
dates/times and click my choice.

Doing this on the phone seems pretty silly. Save the phone access for
those without internet.

They did internet is some places. AgGain, what do you need for 100,000
people signing on at the same time? The local county does not have the
resources that Google and Facebook built up over years. It was tough
getting on and appointments filled. When you have 3000 does for 100,000
people you get bottlenecks. It took me nearly an hour to find out they
were gone when they tried that first round.

There is no instant easy solution for that many people at one time.

Yes there was. That would have been to have a competent,
fit president who looked at the whole problem, end to end,
who issued recommendations to the states, created one
national database to register for the vaccine, starting in Sept.

The prez doesnt get to tell the states who they can vaccinate first.
Or even decide which states get how much vaccine early on either.

Instead Trump ignored it all and punted it to the states.

Legally that all that was possible. Same with
lockdowns and stuff like mask policy etc.

Even worse, that ahole general Warpspeed go on 60 minutes
and lie that it was all covered, that they had systems in place
to track every dose from the manufacturer to the person it's
give to. Only now is Biden calling up FEMA to open vaccine
sites and trying to find former docs, nurses, etc that could
administer the vaccine. Total incompetence, both by Trump
and the geniuses writing books like Cuomo.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in message
On 1/29/2021 7:43 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 12:41:19 AM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 20:11:15 -0500, wrote:

Should we wait until we get a vaccine that prevents the Brazil
mutation?
The current one is predicted as being 50% effective, a coin toss.
The effectiveness on the C-19 is 95%. A slot machine.
How bad is your medical plan if you have to come here to ask for medical
advice? :-)

I don't think the root of his problems is his medical plan. Calling a
95%
effective vaccine a slot machine says it all.

Even 50% is a huge step towards "herd immunity".

The 50% isnt immunity, its avoidance
of severe disease if you get infected.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 03:59:39 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 03:48:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

asthma?

No

In auto-contradicting mode again, you useless trolling senile old fart?

Maybe we should have doctors going door to door and assess everyone's
health and assign them a priority number.

Not feasible.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you despicable useless trolling senile
cretin?

--
Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 03:50:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

So they should have started taking reservations back in Sept. This week,
people with last names beginning with A-F are encouraged to register.
We all knew this was coming and it's not rocket science. The America
that put a man on the moon, that won WWII, that crushed the USSR,
has fallen badly and can't get up.

That last is bull****. It will get up fine, you watch.

Now ALSO a prophet, you senile "expert" in everything and trolling senile
pest?

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 04:06:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2021 10:39 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Why not? I've given hundreds of injections. You can learn how quickly
too. My neighbor next door has too. Between the two of us our
community could be done in a day or two. The pharmacy a mile from me
has at least two people, maybe three that can pitch in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2021 11:48 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
news
wrote:

On 1/28/2021 7:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 1/28/2021 4:54 PM, wrote:

Florida does lead the nation in the number of 65 and over vaccinated
tho. (over half a million or a bit better than 10%)

When did they start with the over 65 crowd. It was only the
beginning of
last week here.

It was from the start in FL.* Once the front line was done our governor
said over 65.

That's why my brother in Florida, who is 80, can't get his shot yet,
even though he's more vulnerable than some 66-year old chippie.

It would have been better to start with 75 or 80 and over, or even 90
(though maybe there aren't enough of them to warrant a separate
section.) .

Same reason a 64 year old with a heart condition can't bet it because
a fairly healthy 81 year old got it instead.* How about a 45 year old
with asthma?

No evidence that asthma increases the risk of the virus killing you.

It was just an example but CDC is not sure

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...onditions.html

COVID-19 is a new disease. Currently there are limited data and
information about the impact of many underlying medical conditions on
the risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Based on what we know at this
time, adults of any age with the following conditions might be at an
increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19:

Asthma (moderate-to-severe)

Maybe we should have doctors going door to door and assess everyone's
health and assign them a priority number.

Not feasible.

Of course not so you draw a line and work with it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 1/28/2021 7:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 1/28/2021 4:54 PM, wrote:

[...]

adults of any age with the following conditions might be at an increased
risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19:

Asthma (moderate-to-severe)

No evidence for that claim.

Maybe we should have doctors going door to door and assess everyone's
health and assign them a priority number.

Not feasible.

Of course not so you draw a line and work with it.

Not possible with stuff like asthma.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 09:15:24 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

--
dennis@home to retarded senile Rot:
"sod off rod you don't have a clue about anything."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 1/28/2021 7:59 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 1/28/2021 4:54 PM, wrote:

Florida does lead the nation in the number of 65 and over vaccinated
tho. (over half a million or a bit better than 10%)

When did they start with the over 65 crowd. It was only the beginning of
last week here.

It was from the start in FL. Once the front line was done our governor
said over 65.

That's why my brother in Florida, who is 80, can't get his shot yet,
even though he's more vulnerable than some 66-year old chippie.

It would have been better to start with 75 or 80 and over, or even 90
(though maybe there aren't enough of them to warrant a separate
section.) .

Same reason a 64 year old with a heart condition can't bet it because a
fairly healthy 81 year old got it instead.

But also an 81 year old with a heart condition can't get it because a
fairly healthy 66 year old got it instead.

How about a 45 year old with
asthma?

They can and most states do give priority to people with illnesses like
that. Not gout, psoriasis, dislocating shoulders, or even prostate
cancer, but asthma, yes.

In fact Florida itself does, though it adds "extremly" and requires
something from a hospital: "Persons deemed extremely vulnerable to
COVD-19 by hospital providers" So if you have a test that shows asthma
etc., you should have it at a hospital, it seems. Of course most such
people had their tests before or long before Corona started.

Now my brother doesn't have a heart condition afaik and is fairly
healthy afaik, but he's still 80.

Maybe we should have doctors going door to door and assess everyone's
health and assign them a priority number.

A lot of this stuff is documented already. For example, a printout of
your doctor's portal, or the recurring precription list from your
pharmacy, or maybe one of those bracelets people wear, or a letter from
the doctor. That's what trump would do ;-) but I mean an honest one.

When I signed up they had a fairly long computer form to fill out and
the last question was , Do you have any [comorbidities]. I said yes,
because 1) I'm fat and 2)I have breathing problems that might or might
not be a risk factor here** and expected a box to open with a list of
reasons or a place for my explanation. But nothing hapened, no details
were allowed. So did I get any priority? More than I should have or
none at all?

**I don't know if is a risk here. I get out of wind quickly and I'm
hoping it's just cause I'm out of shape. I asked the cardiologist and
didn't get a firm reason. Feb 12, I'll ask someone else.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 13:40:00 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

I haven't given hundreds, but I've given dozens. Technically, it's not at
all difficult, but I get it that the authorities don't want random people
doing it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

As you say, infrastructure is there and easily expanded

It's not and it's not so easily expanded. You and I can't give a vaccine.

Why not? I've given hundreds of injections. You can learn how quickly
too. My neighbor next door has too. Between the two of us our
community could be done in a day or two. The pharmacy a mile from me
has at least two people, maybe three that can pitch in.

I haven't given hundreds, but I've given dozens. Technically, it's not at
all difficult, but I get it that the authorities don't want random people
doing it.

This vaccination wouldn't be like getting a seasonal flu shot
at the drug store ...
Stringent covid precautions - like safe distancing pre and post
injection ; PPE ; air filtration/ventillation ; disinfecting ; etc
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

your doctor's portal, or the recurring prescription list from your
pharmacy, or maybe one of those bracelets people wear, or a letter from
the doctor. That's what trump would do ;-) but I mean an honest one.

When I signed up they had a fairly long computer form to fill out and
the last question was , Do you have any [comorbidities]. I said yes,
because 1) I'm fat and 2)I have breathing problems that might or might
not be a risk factor here** and expected a box to open with a list of
reasons or a place for my explanation. But nothing hapened, no details
were allowed. So did I get any priority? More than I should have or
none at all?

**I don't know if is a risk here. I get out of wind quickly and I'm
hoping it's just cause I'm out of shape. I asked the cardiologist and
didn't get a firm reason. Feb 12, I'll ask someone else.

No matter how it is done, someone should be or thinks they should be
higher in the que and will be ****ed off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Florida is 10th, by percentage, or 15th if you include the territories.
Florida is 3rd if you sort by number of shots given. That's still far
better than average.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ine-doses.html

I did say over 65.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 16:54:01 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On 1/27/2021 8:33 PM, wrote:
[...]

One of Biden's ideas is to allow doctors and nurses to give shots
anywhere in the country, even where they are not licensed. In order to
get more retired drs. and nurses involved, many of whom move to Florida,
Arizona etc. when they retire. I think this would only make a 10 or
20% increase, even if most retired folk volunteered.

Do they teach people in the army and national guard to give shots?

Yes with their medics.

They will need to waive some rules if they want the military to
actually do the injections.
My niece's kid was a navy corpsman and when she got out, she had to go
to real nursing school before she could really do anything to a
civilian although she had been a working as a nurse for 3 years in a
military hospital and a corpsman on a ship for 2.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 07:27:45 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

The problem is not making appointments, it is getting the vaccine.
They try not to schedule appointments until they are ready to give you
the shot. The appointments sell out in minutes. Then they have to wait
until the manufacturer can fill the next order.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2021 8:33 PM, wrote:
[...]

What's wrong with all of the pharmacies in drug stores, grocery stores
and other big boxes? They manage to vaccinate 150-200 million people
every year who just walk up and get their shots. (Flu, Shingles,
Pneumonia, Hep A&B, HPV and a host of others).
Getting FEMA involved just adds another layer of bureaucracy and
incompetence.
We have dealt with them several times here after hurricanes. Walmart
and Publix are open selling us what we need the next day. It is a week
or two before FEMA shows up.
They are great about hauling away debris but it takes 2 months before
they get here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 1/27/2021 8:33 PM, wrote:
[...]

This is just one more shot added to the ones they are already giving.
They could shoot up all the vaccine coming out of the pipe by opening
a half hour early, assuming they were doing appointments.
BTW nobody here is complaining about a lack of needles or gloves. It
is the vaccine they can't get. A shoe box full of vaccine would be
about 2000 shots including the packing.

Fridge space is not the problem and Publix has a dry ice freezer in
every store I have been in. Right now they are not selling a lot of
dry ice. (its a hurricane thing) They could roll it into the pharmacy
so they can lock it up.
This is not that hard if you have the vaccine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 07:43:23 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 12:41:19 AM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 20:11:15 -0500, wrote:

Should we wait until we get a vaccine that prevents the Brazil
mutation?
The current one is predicted as being 50% effective, a coin toss.
The effectiveness on the C-19 is 95%. A slot machine.

How bad is your medical plan if you have to come here to ask for medical
advice? :-)

I don't think the root of his problems is his medical plan. Calling a 95%
effective vaccine a slot machine says it all.

Why not?
Putting your quarter in a slot machine is ~95% effective over time.
(at least the ones close to the door) Statistically you get back about
95% of what you put in.
C-19 Covid vaccine protects about 95% of those vaccinated.
Just like the slots you can have a lucky streak and vaccinate 475
people with no infections and the next 25 you vaccinate could get
infected next week. It is going to be more random tho.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 08:07:18 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 1/29/2021 7:43 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 12:41:19 AM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 20:11:15 -0500, wrote:

Should we wait until we get a vaccine that prevents the Brazil
mutation?
The current one is predicted as being 50% effective, a coin toss.
The effectiveness on the C-19 is 95%. A slot machine.
How bad is your medical plan if you have to come here to ask for medical
advice? :-)

I don't think the root of his problems is his medical plan. Calling a 95%
effective vaccine a slot machine says it all.

Even 50% is a huge step towards "herd immunity".

That assumes 100% are vaccinated.

It is a first step anyway. Fauci and the boys can't make up their mind
where herd immunity is and whether reinfection with mutant strains is
going to be a problem.
I do think this vaccination thing is going to be a yearly ritual, just
like the flu. Hopefully it will be more effective and more widely
accepted.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2021 8:33 PM, wrote:
[...]

How many of those pharmacies have the specialized super cold freezers
needed for one of the vaccines.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 17:52:54 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

[...]

The medical profession doesn't want unlicensed people doing it and
they control the number of licenses.
Just talk to military medics who know how to treat a sucking chest
wound but they are not allowed to draw blood from a civilian until
they get a license from the profession.