Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wealthy couple chartered a plane to the Yukon, took vaccines doses meant for Indigenous elders, authorities said

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 17:52:54 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 13:40:00 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/29/2021 10:39 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 11:22:17 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

We can't all be first n line.

I am not even trying. The choke point is vaccine availability. They
can't make it fast enough There is plenty of infrastructure already in
place for distribution and injection, using pharmacies. When they get
the supply problems worked out I will go down to Publix and get my
shot while buying groceries ... just like the flu shot.

I am not getting in this Black Friday fiasco.
I wouldn't camp out in the rain for a chance to get a $99 PS/5 either.

If they had plenty of supply no appointment would be needed, just line
up. Most of the locations can handle 1000 to 2000 a day.

Say what now? Even with unlimited supply, there is limited ability to give
the shot. Which is why Biden is now turning to FEMA, the military, looking for
retired docs, nurses, etc. All that should have been done by Trump last summer.
Instead he ignored Covid and was holding death rallies.

As you say, infrastructure is there and easily expanded

It's not and it's not so easily expanded. You and I can't give a vaccine.

Why not? I've given hundreds of injections. You can learn how quickly
too. My neighbor next door has too. Between the two of us our
community could be done in a day or two. The pharmacy a mile from me
has at least two people, maybe three that can pitch in.

I haven't given hundreds, but I've given dozens. Technically, it's not at
all difficult, but I get it that the authorities don't want random people
doing it.

The medical profession doesn't want unlicensed people doing it and
they control the number of licenses.
Just talk to military medics who know how to treat a sucking chest
wound but they are not allowed to draw blood from a civilian until
they get a license from the profession.